PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger found dead

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Actor Heath Ledger Found Dead In NYC

NEW YORK (CBS) ― A New York Police Department spokesman says the actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence.

Ledger had recently separated from his wife, actress Michelle Williams. The couple have one daughter, Matilda, reports CBS station WCBS-TV in New York.

He is appearing in the next installment of the "Batman" movie opposite Christian Bale as the infamous "Joker" and was in the midst of filming "The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus."

Ledger was 28.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said that Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment that is believed to be his home.

The housekeeper who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there found him dead at 3:26 p.m., said Browne.

The Australian-born actor was an Oscar nominee for his role in "Brokeback Mountain" and has numerous other screen credits.

http://kdka.com/national/Heath.Ledger.Dead.2.635534.html

tony hipchest
01-22-2008, 04:07 PM
jokes about tom brady being seen and photographed delivering "flowers" in NYC aside...

that sucks. heath was a pretty cool actor. hopefully it isnt a case of talent wasted like with river phoenix.

dogtown
the patriot
10 things i hate about you

were probably my 3 favorites of his.

Jeremy
01-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Plus he got rave reviews for work as The Joker in the new Batman.

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
jokes about tom brady being seen and photographed delivering "flowers" in NYC aside...

that sucks. heath was a pretty cool actor. hopefully it isnt a case of talent wasted like with river phoenix.

dogtown
the patriot
10 things i hate about you

were probably my 3 favorites of his.

While I'm not a big comic book guru, I've always enjoyed the Batman movies. Batman 1, 2 and Batman Begins. The rest stunk in my opinion. Clooney and Kilmer as Batman was just not cutting it for me.

When I first heard Ledger was playing the Joker I was sort of skeptical and I still am to a degree. While I enjoyed the Patriot (even though it lacked historical accuracy), I'm having a hard time picturing Heath Ledger as a villian.

I'm attempting to keep an open mind. If I recall correctly, your pretty big on comic books Tony, do you think he will pull it off?

pittsburghp8baller
01-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Plus he got rave reviews for work as The Joker in the new Batman.

yea i cant wait to see the movie when it comes out. didnt think any1 could come close to jack nicholson's performance as the joker but all the previews ive seen heath was just as good if not better

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2008, 04:17 PM
It is now being reported (on KDKA TV) that it is "possibly drug related".

Jeremy
01-22-2008, 04:18 PM
It's been written that playing The Joker in the way he did put a lot of strain on him mentally.

Maybe this was a side effect.

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Hell, I'll take dressing up, playing somebody I'm not for millions of dollars while dating super models. I think I can handle the mental "strain" while sipping my $500.00 bottle of red and smoking a good cigar while vacationing on my privately owned island. Maybe that's just me?

This may sound cold to some, but if that is the case (on why he broke down), I'd hate to see what would have happened if he actually worked a 'real' job.

tony hipchest
01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
While I'm not a big comic book guru, I've always enjoyed the Batman movies. Batman 1, 2 and Batman Begins. The rest stunk in my opinion. Clooney and Kilmer as Batman was just not cutting it for me.

When I first heard Ledger was playing the Joker I was sort of skeptical and I still am to a degree. While I enjoyed the Patriot (even though it lacked historical accuracy), I'm having a hard time picturing Heath Ledger as a villian.

I'm attempting to keep an open mind. If I recall correctly, your pretty big on comic books Tony, do you think he will pull it off?im with you on the batman movies. jack stole the show as the joker.

i can see heath pulling it off. i cant put him up there with j. depp as far as versatility goes but you could almost say he was a villain in dogtown. if not a villain he was definitely an ******* and i totally lost sight that it was an "actor" playing a "character".

if his death was an OD perhaps that role wasnt too far of a stretch for him.

i think it will be good, and really dont have problems when movie adaptations stray a little from the comics they originate from. (i just like the comics getting recognition and being brought to the big screen).

i have a friend who still will not watch the fantastic 4 because he cant get over the movie putting dr. doom in outerspace with the "4" and obtaining super powers. (not how dr doom originated in the comics)

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
im with you on the batman movies. jack stole the show as the joker.

i can see heath pulling it off. i cant put him up there with j. depp as far as versatility goes but you could almost say he was a villain in dogtown. if not a villain he was definitely an ******* and i totally lost sight that it was an "actor" playing a "character".

if his death was an OD perhaps that role wasnt too far of a stretch for him.

i think it will be good, and really dont have problems when movie adaptations stray a little from the comics they originate from. (i just like the comics getting recognition and being brought to the big screen).

i have a friend who still will not watch the fantastic 4 because he cant get over the movie putting dr. doom in outerspace with the "4" and obtaining super powers. (not how dr doom originated in the comics)

Never read Fantastic 4 (or any other comic for that matter), but I saw the movie only because I wanted to see Alba in that 'suit'. :wink02:

I was not crazy about the movie at all.

HBO used to have a Spawn series on a few years back and I really enjoyed that series. Kind of sucked me in.

PisnNapalm
01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Actor Heath Ledger Found Dead In NYC

So what?

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2008, 04:44 PM
So what?

I'm sorry that it wasn't a thread dealing with my latest ear infection, but I felt since the guy is a big name actor, shortly coming out with a Batman movie and the circumstances surrounding his death are still up in the air, I found it interesting.

My sincerest apologies PisnNapalm.

PisnNapalm
01-22-2008, 04:49 PM
No need to apologize. I just find it amusing that it's now posted all across the intertubes.

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2008, 04:49 PM
but all the previews ive seen heath was just as good if not better

Good to hear. I'm anxious to see it for myself when it comes out. Do you know when it's supposed to hit theaters?

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2008, 04:50 PM
No need to apologize. I just find it amusing that it's now posted all across the intertubes.

I know, it's amazing. This internet world we live in.

Steeler in Carolina
01-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Wow. This is sad news. I do think drugs were involved.

revefsreleets
01-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Yup. Dude was 28 and in perfect health. It's River Phoenix all over again.

PisnNapalm
01-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Weak minds that can't handle their fame.

Britney Spears and the Olsen twins are at the top of my celebrity death pool.

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Britney Spears and the Olsen twins are at the top of my celebrity death pool.

Add Amy Winehouse.....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b7d_1201009748

PisnNapalm
01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Add Amy Winehouse.....

Who's that? Don't think I've heard of her.:coffee:

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Who's that? Don't think I've heard of her.:coffee:

Some British chick. She's a musician.

As for Ledger..........

Sources tell WCBS-TV's Scott Weinberger the death may be drug-related and that there were pills scattered around the room.

http://kdka.com/national/Heath.Ledger.Dead.2.635534.html

pittsburghp8baller
01-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Good to hear. I'm anxious to see it for myself when it comes out. Do you know when it's supposed to hit theaters?

sometime in the summer i think may but not sure

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2008, 07:34 PM
sometime in the summer i think may but not sure

Cool. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Godfather
01-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Add Amy Winehouse.....

I manage one of those for LSU fans. I like to spread out my bets--a few old people, a few fat people, but I load up on dopeheads with major mental issues. I let everyone have a confidence pick this year for double points.

Got Britney, but didn't pick Amy. Probably a missed opportunity.

GBMelBlount
01-22-2008, 09:47 PM
What a tradgedy. He was a good actor. On the lighter side, "Knights Tale" is one of wife & my favorites. Great soundtrack.

Rhee Rhee
01-23-2008, 12:11 AM
i somehow will only remember him for his role on brokeback mountain...

im dying to see his part in the new batman movie!

RIP Heath!

ps he was one of two people i ever knew who's name was heath... him and numba 83!!

Preacher
01-23-2008, 12:20 AM
LAst I heard about drugs and Heath... was that it was actually sleeping pills, both prescription and non-prescription.

pitt
01-23-2008, 12:32 AM
He was one of my favorite actors. I feel bad for his family right now. The media is determined to dig up every mistake the guy ever made.

Borski
01-23-2008, 12:35 AM
What a tradgedy. He was a good actor. On the lighter side, "Knights Tale" is one of wife & my favorites. Great soundtrack.

Thats one of my favorite movies too, such a shame to lose great talent so early.

revefsreleets
01-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Lindsey Lohan deserves to be on any reputable "Celebrity Deathwatch List".