PDA

View Full Version : I'm not even sure what title to give this thread.

Jeremy
01-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Hard to believe. (http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S324642.shtml?cat=10151)

The next time people judge you for identifying yourself as being from a certain political point of view, maybe you should stop and think about this woman.

MarylandSteeler
01-24-2008, 06:30 PM
That is unbelieveable, I can't believe that there are people like that in this world.

No wait yeah I can because I see them on the news everyday.

beSteelmyheart
01-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Maybe she'll get trapped in a janitors closet with a large lesbian weilding a broom handle.

Preacher
01-24-2008, 07:03 PM
For me... this is the tell in the situation...

During the conversation, the man told Arrington that an acquaintance believed she should get a medal and a parade because she had "taken out" a "tree hugger, a bicyclist, a Frenchman and a gay guy all in one shot."
Arrington laughed. When the man said he knew it was a terrible thing to say, she responded, "No, it?s not."

When she said, no, its not... how can you then claim that your so sad. Either you're remorseful, or not.

What I DO want to know however, is if they knew their conversation was being recorded. I would imagine so, on a jail phone... but I still wonder.

TroysBadDawg
01-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Maybe she was just responding to the Frenchman part. Or no it's not meaning it's not laughable????

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Maybe she was just responding to the Frenchman part. Or no it's not meaning it's not laughable????

See what I mean?

Mosca
01-25-2008, 11:12 AM
http://www.azstarnet.com/ss/2006/12/03/158782-1.jpg

The perp...

Remember that she had already been convicted, and the only thing in question was the length of the term. Shorter terms are usually given to those who have shown remorse and sadness, longer terms are given to those who have not. Despite her lawyers' protestations, this woman, this repeat DUI offender driving on a suspended license, was not remorseful. The sentence was within the guidelines of the law, and it takes a dangerous person off the highway. (Arrington was also arrested in August 2002 on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia.)

ShutDown24
01-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Wow, I don't even know how I knew who started it before I entered.... -_-

vasteeler
01-25-2008, 11:21 AM
QUOTE=Mosca;360403]http://www.azstarnet.com/ss/2006/12/03/158782-1.jpg

The perp...

Remember that she had already been convicted, and the only thing in question was the length of the term. Shorter terms are usually given to those who have shown remorse and sadness, longer terms are given to those who have not. Despite her lawyers' protestations, this woman, this repeat DUI offender driving on a suspended license, was not remorseful. The sentence was within the guidelines of the law, and it takes a dangerous person off the highway.[/QUOTE]

whew!!!!!! pretty!!!:yuck:[

TroysBadDawg
01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
You're right Jeremy, not to much is sacred to me. I will poke fun at just about anything. I will poke fun at myself, politics, religion, even you given a chance. See how fair I am. I am an equal opportunity fun poker.

And BTW that is a picture of the morning after the night before taken of her. Minus the 7 beers consumed before taking her home.

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 11:44 AM
You're right Jeremy, not to much is sacred to me. I will poke fun at just about anything. I will poke fun at myself, politics, religion, even you given a chance. See how fair I am. I am an equal opportunity fun poker.

And BTW that is a picture of the morning after the night before taken of her. Minus the 7 beers consumed before taking her home.

Yeah....someone's death is ****ing hilarious.

Mosca
01-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Yeah....someone's death is ****ing hilarious.

We laugh over others' deaths all the time; just something as silly as The Darwin Awards gets passed around through emails and blogs, and has been for years. YOU might not have laughed at them, but many people have. It's a human thing to do.

I think we should realize that the difference here is that TBD isn't the person who actually did the killing laughing. SHE is. I know that if I accidentally killed someone, I wouldn't laugh about it no matter the circumstances.

Think about it for a bit. Put yourself in the imaginary position of having killed someone on a bicycle while driving drunk, and imagine any situation where you might have laughed about it. Then decide how to judge this person. Not how you might judge TBD for making a joke about death, because we joke about death all the time.... but how you judge someone for joking about a death that she caused, joking about having killed someone.

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 01:19 PM
We laugh over others' deaths all the time; just something as silly as The Darwin Awards gets passed around through emails and blogs, and has been for years. YOU might not have laughed at them, but many people have. It's a human thing to do.

I think we should realize that the difference here is that TBD isn't the person who actually did the killing laughing. SHE is. I know that if I accidentally killed someone, I wouldn't laugh about it no matter the circumstances.

Think about it for a bit. Put yourself in the imaginary position of having killed someone on a bicycle while driving drunk, and imagine any situation where you might have laughed about it. Then decide how to judge this person. Not how you might judge TBD for making a joke about death, because we joke about death all the time.... but how you judge someone for joking about a death that she caused, joking about having killed someone.

He's no better than she is. They're both pieces of crap.

Mosca
01-25-2008, 01:30 PM

Man, something put you in a bad mood. You usually make more sense than this.

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Man, something put you in a bad mood. You usually make more sense than this.

The woman makes me sick. But this

is just as sick.

GBMelBlount
01-25-2008, 07:33 PM

Why is Troy a piece of crap? Because he tries to bring levity to a situation? Troy is one of my heroes. He was drafted and fought in the Vietnam War. He was captured and tortured beyond belief. He came back to America and was spit on for doing what he was called to do. He has nightmares and is permanently affected by what he has been through. And you who I would guess have been through nothing in comparison are angry, combative and hateful. So if someone who has been through what Troy has been through wants to bring levity about those french pieces of shit, I'm OK with that. Thank you both for your service.

Preacher
01-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Why is Troy a piece of crap? Because he tries to bring levity to a situation? Troy is one of my heroes. He was drafted and fought in the Vietnam War. He was captured and tortured beyond belief. He came back to America and was spit on for doing what he was called to do. He has nightmares and is permanently affected by what he has been through. And you who I would guess have been through nothing in comparison are angry, combative and hateful. So if someone who has been through what Troy has been through wants to bring levity about those french pieces of shit, I'm OK with that. Thank you both for your service.

tell me how you really feel! :chuckle:

TroysBadDawg
01-25-2008, 08:07 PM
I will tell you how I feel Jeremy my little minded friend, if I may use the term loosely. I look at death in the face every minute of every day for two reasons. one there is still a price on my head in Nam, even though your hero Womanizer Pedophile Former President Bill Clinton normalized relations with the Bastards, who by the way were the baby killers. I saw it first hand. Second I am on a heart transplant list and not near the top either, so I have a choice. I can either cry my eyes out about it or laugh about it and try to make others laugh also. I do not believe in boo hoo clubs, therefore I choose to laugh. I will pray for your sorry butt, who must have taken some kind of hate pill even though you claim to be a loving kind hearted person.

Remember the old saying you young whipper snapper, Before you judge someone walk a mile in their shoes.

And also before calling me a piece of shit again do it to my face, not on the Internet, that is so impersonal. Because I am positive you would not do it to my face, and if you did you would not walk away from me, you would be carried.

steelergirl07
01-25-2008, 08:11 PM
I will tell you how I feel Jeremy my little minded friend, if I may use the term loosely. I look at death in the face every minute of every day for two reasons. one there is still a price on my head in Nam, even though your hero Womanizer Pedophile Former President Bill Clinton normalized relations with the Bastards, who by the way were the baby killers. I saw it first hand. Second I am on a heart transplant list and not near the top either, so I have a choice. I can either cry my eyes out about it or laugh about it and try to make others laugh also. I do not believe in boo hoo clubs, therefore I choose to laugh. I will pray for your sorry butt, who must have taken some kind of hate pill even though you claim to be a loving kind hearted person.

Remember the old saying you young whipper snapper, Before you judge someone walk a mile in their shoes.

And also before calling me a piece of shit again do it to my face, not on the Internet, that is so impersonal. Because I am positive you would not do it to my face, and if you did you would not walk away from me, you would be carried.

I think this is the first time I agree with a Browns fan over a "Steelers fan". Interesting.

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 08:22 PM

1. I have never supported Bill Clinton in any post I've ever made on this board.

2. I have never claimed to loving kind hearted person.

So stop making things up about me to justify laughing about a cold hearted bitch who thought killing someone was funny.

TroysBadDawg
01-25-2008, 08:41 PM

Oh thank you, Jeremy that was very intelligent, and I thought the Air Force had higher standards, unless of course your a civilian working there, then I understand. But let me tell you this, I am going to pray for you.

As for myself, I have seen more death and destruction in my lifetime than you can imagine in your very short one. I have had young children, middle aged and old people die in my arms as a Paramedic and a PA, here in the states, because of drive by’s, car accidents, fires, drowning and sickness.

As a POW I saw the NVA force fellow POW’s play Russian roulette and bet on how soon they would die. I had my toenails pulled out with pliers, the bottom of my feet ground off with a disk sander and bamboo shoved into my ears tearing the eardrum and damaging the ear it self.

How can I laugh about death, I face it every day, when I wake up and when I go to sleep. You see I am on a heart transplant list and not far up on it. I have only 1/3 of a working heart. Do I cry about it, not on your or my life, I laugh about it. I CHOOSE to laugh. I Choose to try and make others laugh, maybe help them forget their troubles for just a little while. It sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't but I try all the same. Laughter is better than crying anytime, no matter who you are, or who you think you are.

I will end this now but before you call me names again be sure you know who you are calling names, it may come back and bite you butt. And as far as me being a piece of crap, I have been called worse, like when I came home after being a POW for over 3 years by people in my own country. I can picture you as one of them now. But I will pray for you all the same.

But I will tell you this, come to my house and call me names face to face and they will carry you off the property. That is not a threat it is a promise. I tried to be nice, but since you just said you are not nice I guess I don't have to be either do I. Your a Hypocrite Jeremy and a disgrace to the Steelers Nation, Thank God your not a Browns fan.

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Oh thank you, Jeremy that was very intelligent, and I thought the Air Force had higher standards, unless of course your a civilian working there, then I understand. But let me tell you this, I am going to pray for you.

As for myself, I have seen more death and destruction in my lifetime than you can imagine in your very short one. I have had young children, middle aged and old people die in my arms as a Paramedic and a PA, here in the states, because of drive by?s, car accidents, fires, drowning and sickness.

As a POW I saw the NVA force fellow POW?s play Russian roulette and bet on how soon they would die. I had my toenails pulled out with pliers, the bottom of my feet ground off with a disk sander and bamboo shoved into my ears tearing the eardrum and damaging the ear it self.

How can I laugh about death, I face it every day, when I wake up and when I go to sleep. You see I am on a heart transplant list and not far up on it. I have only 1/3 of a working heart. Do I cry about it, not on your or my life, I laugh about it. I CHOOSE to laugh. I Choose to try and make others laugh, maybe help them forget their troubles for just a little while. It sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't but I try all the same. Laughter is better than crying anytime, no matter who you are, or who you think you are.

I will end this now but before you call me names again be sure you know who you are calling names, it may come back and bite you butt. And as far as me being a piece of crap, I have been called worse, like when I came home after being a POW for over 3 years by people in my own country. I can picture you as one of them now. But I will pray for you all the same.

After all you had been through, I though a story like this would offend you. But instead of being offended by a woman who laughs about killing someone, you see fit to somehow defend her. I simply don't get that. there's nothing to laugh at in this story.

I just don't understand how a man who dedicates his life to trying to save people can defend someone who takes life without an ounce of remorse.

The Duke
01-25-2008, 09:04 PM

As for myself, I have seen more death and destruction in my lifetime than you can imagine in your very short one. I have had young children, middle aged and old people die in my arms as a Paramedic and a PA, here in the states, because of drive by’s, car accidents, fires, drowning and sickness.

As a POW I saw the NVA force fellow POW’s play Russian roulette and bet on how soon they would die. I had my toenails pulled out with pliers, the bottom of my feet ground off with a disk sander and bamboo shoved into my ears tearing the eardrum and damaging the ear it self.

But I will tell you this, come to my house and call me names face to face and they will carry you off the property. That is not a threat it is a promise. I tried to be nice, but since you just said you are not nice I guess I don't have to be either do I. Your a Hypocrite Jeremy and a disgrace to the Steelers Nation, Thank God your not a Browns fan.

Troy, I totally understand you. you laugh cause that's what keeps you from being a sad and depressed person. that's what death does to people, and laughing is the best cure for it

you my friend are a true hero and you've got my complete respect, and you should not have to explain yourself to someone who disrespects you

If I get to be half the person you are I will consider myself fortunate. again, thanks for your service dude :cheers:

GBMelBlount
01-25-2008, 09:58 PM
you my friend are a true hero and you've got my complete respect, and you should not have to explain yourself to someone who disrespects you

I love Troy to pieces but this is a board. When things are posted there is no way in many cases read and interpret beyond the wording of the post itself. Knowing the person who is posting can affect how you interpret a post. On a board the size of Steelers Fever it is hard to really know most people. But still, it is only natural that some people will disagree on some things.

revefsreleets
01-26-2008, 05:30 PM
We all laugh at the inevitable and awful. It's a natural emotional defense mechanism. The expression "whistling past the graveyard" is perfectly apropos.

Picking just this case or just that situation to suddenly be offended at in the midst of a sea of "whistling past the graveyard" is disingenuous. Is this woman a POS? Sure. But isn't she also wide open to criticism even if it's humorous? If Leno or Stern or Letterman made a joke are they pieces of shit too?

19ward86
01-26-2008, 06:33 PM
maybe i didnt read it clearly, but i dont get how that at all.

Preacher
01-26-2008, 07:34 PM
We all laugh at the inevitable and awful. It's a natural emotional defense mechanism. The expression "whistling past the graveyard" is perfectly apropos.

Picking just this case or just that situation to suddenly be offended at in the midst of a sea of "whistling past the graveyard" is disingenuous. Is this woman a POS? Sure. But isn't she also wide open to criticism even if it's humorous? If Leno or Stern or Letterman made a joke are they pieces of shit too?

Good points..

What I would wonder however, is if they were the ones that caused the death, and then came back and made jokes about it.

silver & black
01-26-2008, 08:33 PM
TBD, you have my gratitude for serving.

I work with a guy (friend) that did 2 tours in the first Gulf War. He watched 29 of his buddies die when a SCUD missile hit a building he had just left. When he returned home he had nightmares about it for a long time (I suspect he still does). He carries the burden ( and in his words, shame) of not dying with his buddies because he left the building just before the missile hit.

He has pretty much the same point of view as you. He is kind of harsh at times... very abrassive. He is not one to mince words about death. He is hardened by what he saw during 2 tours in Desert Storm... I'm proud to count this abrassive, hardened, somewhat unfeeling man as my friend.

I don't know where I'm trying to go with this, I just felt like saying something on your behalf, and those like you. Thanky you for sacrifcing a little of yourself for the rest of us and your country.

revefsreleets
01-27-2008, 05:56 PM
No, preach, the woman is a piece of human garbage. But making light of death and those who commit it is part of human nature.

Look, bottom line: Jeremy WAAAAAY overreacted. He's been at the phalanx of many inappropriate tirades before, and he's the first to blister the ass of the anyone who dissents, but he can't have it both ways. If he wants to to be anti-PC, he can't suddenly jump back into the PC camp when it suits him or he's personally affected. It's disingenuous.

silver & black
01-28-2008, 03:25 PM
No, preach, the woman is a piece of human garbage. But making light of death and those who commit it is part of human nature.

Look, bottom line: Jeremy WAAAAAY overreacted. He's been at the phalanx of many inappropriate tirades before, and he's the first to blister the ass of the anyone who dissents, but he can't have it both ways. If he wants to to be anti-PC, he can't suddenly jump back into the PC camp when it suits him or he's personally affected. It's disingenuous.

:cheers:

revefsreleets
01-30-2008, 06:40 PM
I should win an award for "Best use of the word phalanx in a general discussion forum topic".

Or something...

touchdownward
01-30-2008, 06:52 PM

I see what you mean rev. That would be like OJ making a new Hertz rental car commercial and saying "We're slashing prices and cutting the throats of all our competiors." Or Jeff Dahmer claiming he had a balanced diet because he ate 3 fruits a day.

revefsreleets
01-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Actually, it wouldn't at all...because nobody would back the private musings of a crazy person and extrapolate them into some kind of exploitative campaign. If they did, then Jeremy would have been spot on.

touchdownward
01-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Actually, it wouldn't at all...because nobody would back the private musings of a crazy person and extrapolate them into some kind of exploitative campaign. If they did, then Jeremy would have been spot on.
I was trying to be morbidly funny......didn't work. :smile:

revefsreleets
01-31-2008, 08:12 AM
I was trying to be morbidly funny......didn't work. :smile:

I'm now terribly offended, and I quit the board:flap:

touchdownward
01-31-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm now terribly offended, and I quit the board:flap::toofunny: