PDA

View Full Version : You know what? The Patriots deserve it.

ShutDown24
01-24-2008, 09:25 PM
I am honestly tired of hearing people talk down upon the Patriots. Call me crazy, I don't like them... But let's get real, this may be the single greatest team ever assembled in American sports. If they win the Super Bowl (I like most am cheering for the Giants) then good for them. Are they arrogant? Yes. Did they cheat? Yes. But that doesn't change what they have done. Any talk of an asterisk is preposterous and it is time to hang up the grudge and say congratulations. Say what you want, I?m drinking the cool-aid, I'm fair weather, I?m insane but it is true and every single one of you knows it no matter what kind of show you are putting on. It is fun to make fun of them and eases the pain a little bit, but come on... This team is just incredible. Sorry if anyone takes "offense" to this post, the Steelers are the best team in the world and all 31 others are enemies on game day, but we are out of it and I felt it necessary to say something. This team deserves recognition for what it is doing all across the board and although I hate them, it is time to give it up. Sorry guys, say what you must.

tony hipchest
01-24-2008, 09:28 PM
:link:

The Duke
01-24-2008, 09:31 PM

:offtopic:

:toofunny:

ShutDown24
01-24-2008, 09:31 PM

Huh? Is that a joke? lol? link to what :jawdrop:

tony hipchest
01-24-2008, 09:33 PM
:huh:................:chuckle:

ShutDown24
01-24-2008, 09:35 PM
:huh:................:chuckle:

:toofunny:

tony hipchest
01-24-2008, 09:46 PM
actually, at this point, i think id rather discuss the patriots and the upcoming superbowl, rather than "the steelers should draft o-line".

talk about a tired subject...

Godfather
01-24-2008, 10:01 PM
I disagree...as I pointed out on another thread, their oponents had Pro Bowlers out with injuries week in and week out. The '85 Bears and '78 Steelers had to beat teams at full strength.

ShutDown24
01-24-2008, 10:10 PM
I disagree...as I pointed out on another thread, their oponents had Pro Bowlers out with injuries week in and week out. The '85 Bears and '78 Steelers had to beat teams at full strength.

I respect that, I am just tired of pretending that what they are doing isn't happening.

fansince'76
01-24-2008, 10:24 PM
If the Giants pull off the "impossible," that kinda blows everything out of the water though, doesn't it? Fact remains they cheated, and Goodell pussed out and slapped them on the wrist. If that makes me a bitter, jealous and small person, so be it.

MasterOfPuppets
01-24-2008, 10:30 PM
:yawn: .....cheaters...:rulez:

steelergirl07
01-24-2008, 10:35 PM
If they hadn't been caught cheating, i'd give them their props. But it's in the history books. They got caught cheating. If Bonds deserves an *, so do the Patriots. Just my take on it.

ShutDown24
01-24-2008, 11:07 PM
If the Giants pull off the "impossible," that kinda blows everything out of the water though, doesn't it? Fact remains they cheated, and Goodell pussed out and slapped them on the wrist. If that makes me a bitter, jealous and small person, so be it.

I have just kind of decided to get over it... I agree with you on all fronts but we can't change that. I don't believe in living in the past.

The Duke
01-24-2008, 11:17 PM
I don't believe in living in the past.

who? :toofunny:

ShutDown24
01-24-2008, 11:20 PM
who? :toofunny:

Ha-ha I knew someone would bring that up.

Wow, I am impressed at the responses on this thread. I was expecting to get completely destroyed... I think a lot of people understand what I am saying whether they want to or not.

MACH1
01-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Would they have done it with out cheating?.........They will always have a * next to their "accomplishments"

ShutDown24
01-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Would they have done it with out cheating?.........They will always have a * next to their "accomplishments"

I can't really say that... I agree they cheated to the point of rememberance, but i am not in favor of the *.

Edman
01-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Spygate. That's why NFL fans talk down on the Patriots. And that's why they won't get any respect, no matter bow badly they blow out the Midgets in XLII. The major media outlets will ballwash them of course, Goodell will blow Kraft at the podium as he hands him the trophy, the league will do their damndest to sweep it under the rug, but NFL fans and the whole freaking country isn't stupid. They know the truth.

This is not allegations we're talking about. The Pats were CAUGHT cheating. Those are the bare facts.

The '01-'04 Patriots deserve their props, these Patriots do not.

ShutDown24
01-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Anyone remember what some Steelers were doing in the 70's? We are being hypocritical if we are saying that the pats have an * next to their dynasty and not any of ours. I really dio hate defending them but I have to look at this truthfully.

HometownGal
01-25-2008, 06:46 AM
I respect that, I am just tired of pretending that what they are doing isn't happening.

Do you mean cheating, lying (Belichick's weekly injury report) and acting like pompous egomaniacs?

stlrtruck
01-25-2008, 07:42 AM
I would give props to the team if they did it without the cheating and without the blatant disregard for the NFL as a whole.

And if you choose to congratulate them, by all means have at it. As for me, I refuse. They're cheaters and there have been rumors of the cheating since 2001.

There is no way I can say good job to a team who has blantantly broken the rules.

83-Steelers-43
01-25-2008, 08:47 AM
I have just kind of decided to get over it... I agree with you on all fronts but we can't change that. I don't believe in living in the past.

Getting over it and pretending that it never happened are two different things. It did happen. They did cheat. That's all I need to know. For me, it has nothing to do with jealousy. It comes down to the fact that they cheated.

Screw'em. I hope the Giants beat the hell out of them. Personally, I would be aiming for Brady's foot/ankle early in the first and take the 15 yards and the fine. Call it cheap, but if you wanna play injured, deal with the repercussion's. Take advantage of your opposition's weakeness and misfortune.

Rhee Rhee
01-27-2008, 01:11 AM

i feel the same way.

i have to admit though if they win this game it changes the entire NFL... we'll see more and more teams following NE's playbook by emptying the backfield and just passing the ball 40 times a game... i think this is only the start to a dying RB position... you can say what you want about maroney... but fact is their having success airing it out.. and if it ain't broke don't fix it..

LambertIsGod58
01-27-2008, 01:44 AM
Anyone remember what some Steelers were doing in the 70's? We are being hypocritical if we are saying that the pats have an * next to their dynasty and not any of ours. I really dio hate defending them but I have to look at this truthfully.

If in fact you are referring to steroid use...first, it wasn't illegal back then. Secondly, I highly doubt that Steeler players were the only ones in the league using them. As far as NE goes....They got caught cheating in Week 1. I highly doubt that they've done so since. Being caught already. So am I to believe that they needed to cheat in the first place. NO!! This team is for real as much as I hate Belichick. I had alot of respect for him until the spygate story broke. So now anything that the Patriots has done prior to Week 1 of the 2007 NFL season is in question to me. Not to mention Belichick doesn't seem to have a high level of integrity when very recently in the past he said "you'll never see a Randy Moss on this team". LMAO!!!!

sherlock
01-27-2008, 04:51 AM
[QUOTE=Rhee Rhee;361042]i feel the same way.

i have to admit though if they win this game it changes the entire NFL... we'll see more and more teams following NE's playbook by emptying the backfield and just passing the ball 40 times a game... i think this is only the start to a dying RB position...

I do hope you`re wrong Rhee Rhee,that would be terrible!
Don`t know much about American Football but I do know I love watching RB`s in action,especially Willie...that guy is poetry in motion.

rabidsteelerfan
01-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Honestly, I don't see this as "Jealousy"! It's just a simple fact that it's human nature to NOT admire/cheer/respect someone or something that has been caught cheating! Simple as that!

For the record, I use to admire the Pats*. Hell, they've practically owned the steelers but I still saw them as a powerhouse and a worthy representative of the AFC. BUT, not anymore.......I just can't look at them the same, this possible 19-0 would have been HUGE had they not cheated. Now it's got a giant "YEAH BUT*?"

Hines0wnz
01-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Why did it take them getting caught cheating to play so good? There's an interesting question.....