PDA

View Full Version : manning vs. manning

tony hipchest
10-25-2005, 07:59 PM
peyton- 11td 5 int
eli- 12td 4 int (in one less game)

public perception will be that eli is doing better...... until you check their record. "why is peyton having a down year"?..... check their record. their eventual mnf matchup should be a good one. it looks like eli could eventually be come as important to the giants as peyton is to the colts. whoda thunk it?

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 08:14 PM
peyton- 11td 5 int
eli- 12td 4 int (in one less game)

public perception will be that eli is doing better...... until you check their record. "why is peyton having a down year"?..... check their record. their eventual mnf matchup should be a good one. it looks like eli could eventually be come as important to the giants as peyton is to the colts. whoda thunk it?
A nice comparison would be the RB's...

Edge is having a better year than Tiki, which explains Peyton's numbers.

tony hipchest
10-25-2005, 08:37 PM

exactly. but public perception will be that peyton is slipping and eli is the next coming. regardless of what the records of their team will be. peyton can go 16-0 and win the sb but if he has worse numbers than his brother everyone will say "yeah, but peyton dropped off"

tony hipchest
10-25-2005, 08:39 PM

kind of explains big bens gaudy numbers too. (win % and qb rating that is)

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 08:51 PM
kind of explains big bens gaudy numbers too. (win % and qb rating that is)
With Bettis and Parker in the backfield, you can only throw the ball 7 times a game.

tony hipchest
10-25-2005, 09:13 PM
its like having barry and earl in the backfield. who would wanna throw??????

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Peyton has already established himself as the best in the league..down year or not. Eli is up and coming but he definately needs more help in the future to continue the ride.

Koopa
10-25-2005, 09:36 PM
stat wise maybe it looks like peyton is having a down year but stats don't matter. eli is nowhere near the the qb peyton is right now. peyton rather hand off and get the win then throw he's a team player. eli is just a little whinny bitch and i hope he gets broken

Prosdo
10-25-2005, 10:32 PM
In my opinion stats can be deceiving at times. Between the two I'd take Peyton. He is a sound QB and he has already proven himself.

Livinginthe past
10-26-2005, 01:09 AM
This is an interesting debate - alot of people have christened Peyton the 'best QB in football' - I would have to assume on the basis of his amazing statistics - it surely cant be based on his ability to turn it on in the 'big game'.

Now that the gaudy numbers have vanished the same people who loved him for his statistical domination of the NFL are now telling us 'its all about the winning baby' - and point us in the direction of the Colts 7-0 record.

My honest opinion is that in a big game where I needed my QB to perform in a one off clutch situation I would take Jake Delhomme over Peyton - he has shown more in the tight SB loss to the Patriots than Peyton has ever shown in a post-season match up against us.

I dont dislike Peyton - he has great pass mechanics for sure...but then I would take Montana over Marino everytime aswell.

As far as Eli goes he has shown some nice ability in the clutch this year and the Giants look a decent offensive unit - I would say they have faced 3 quality opponents this year - SD, Dallas and Denver - the Giants have won one of these games so that probably puts these performances into context.

NM

Iron City Hangover
10-26-2005, 11:39 AM
This is an interesting debate - alot of people have christened Peyton the 'best QB in football' - I would have to assume on the basis of his amazing statistics - it surely cant be based on his ability to turn it on in the 'big game'.

Now that the gaudy numbers have vanished the same people who loved him for his statistical domination of the NFL are now telling us 'its all about the winning baby' - and point us in the direction of the Colts 7-0 record.

My honest opinion is that in a big game where I needed my QB to perform in a one off clutch situation I would take Jake Delhomme over Peyton - he has shown more in the tight SB loss to the Patriots than Peyton has ever shown in a post-season match up against us.

I dont dislike Peyton - he has great pass mechanics for sure...but then I would take Montana over Marino everytime aswell.

As far as Eli goes he has shown some nice ability in the clutch this year and the Giants look a decent offensive unit - I would say they have faced 3 quality opponents this year - SD, Dallas and Denver - the Giants have won one of these games so that probably puts these performances into context.

NM

Jake Delhomme was the unsung MVP of that Super Bowl. Real clutch play. That's how a Super Bowl should be played.

tony hipchest
10-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Jake Delhomme was the unsung MVP of that Super Bowl. Real clutch play. That's how a Super Bowl should be played.

agreed. a player on the sb losing team hasnt played that great since thurman thomas in 1990. (but mcnair did do well in the 2nd half of the 99 bowl)

Iron City Hangover
10-26-2005, 11:53 AM
agreed. a player on the sb losing team hasnt played that great since thurman thomas in 1990. (but mcnair did do well in the 2nd half of the 99 bowl)
The 04 Super Bowl had to be the most entertaining Super Bowl that I had seen (with the exception of the 99 game) in a number of years (since 91 with the Bills/Giants). That's a game I can watch over and over.

tony hipchest
10-26-2005, 01:46 PM
The 04 Super Bowl had to be the most entertaining Super Bowl that I had seen (with the exception of the 99 game) in a number of years (since 91 with the Bills/Giants). That's a game I can watch over and over.did you have a rooting interest in sb 25? i was pulling for the bills bigtime. i still think they were the greatest team that will never be mentionned with the greatest teams.

Iron City Hangover
10-26-2005, 03:00 PM
did you have a rooting interest in sb 25? i was pulling for the bills bigtime. i still think they were the greatest team that will never be mentionned with the greatest teams.
I pulled for the Bills. Scott Norwood must have served as inspiration for Ace Ventura's Ray Finkle. :rofl:

That was a heart-break for that city. I was in Buffalo during the playoffs and the people there were booming over the possibility of going to the Super Bowl.

Motley Nate
10-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Finkle and Einhorn
Finkle and Einhorn
Finkle and Einhorn