PDA

View Full Version : OT: Take care and God Bless

Jeremy
01-26-2008, 08:58 AM
I think the time has come for me to stop posting here on Steelers Fever. This used to be a place where I could come to release some tension and talk some football, but it seems the membership has changed too much since I joined and now people are far too sensitive for that kind of thing. That's fine by me, I'll find another way to work off stress and tension.

Some of you have been awesome to have a conversation with and I'll miss that, but not too much. :wink02: Some of you take yourselves way too seriously and need to lighten up. :thumbsup:

Anyway.....I'll end my time here with a heart felt

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!

fansince'76
01-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Well, sorry you feel that way. Take care and (hopefully) no hard feelings. :cheers:

Jeremy
01-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Well, sorry you feel that way. Take care and (hopefully) no hard feelings. :cheers:

Yeah.....right.

fansince'76
01-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Guess I should've known better. :coffee:

Jeremy
01-26-2008, 09:09 AM
You take care of yourself 76 and don't take so much of what is written here personally.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah.....right.

You seem to be taking things to seriously.

Mosca
01-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Take it easy, man. All the best.

Tom

Atlanta Dan
01-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Good luck

I nearly quit posting here last fall for reasons primarily related to the death throes of LITP but instead prudently was advised by several long-term posters I admire to step back and first consider what it was that was driving my own aggravation - hope upon reflection you come back if you decide there are aspects of the board you enjoy without it leading to acrimony

That having been said, fansince76 extended the hand of conciliation and you decided to slap it away, so your election to step back for now might be a good idea

:cheers:

GBMelBlount
01-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Good luck

I nearly quit posting here last fall for reasons primarily related to the death throes of LITP but instead prudently was advised by several long-term posters I admire to step back and first consider what it was that was driving my own aggravation - hope upon reflection you come back if you decide there are aspects of the board you enjoy without it leading to acrimony

I was one of the contributing factors to Dan considering that as well. I have gotten into it with Dan, Mosca, LITP, Elvis, etc. We shouted back and forth, aired our differences and got on with SF. Although I had none of the aforementioned over last Thanksgiving or Christmas, I have no problems or hard feelings towards anybody I've had a "scrape" with on SF. That includes you.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2008, 10:21 AM
I've never argued with anyone......:toofunny:....sorry, I couldnt finish that statement.

MACH1
01-26-2008, 11:13 AM
If you take it that seriously then maybe its a good idea that you leave.:wave:

Jeremy
01-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Good luck

That having been said, fansince76 extended the hand of conciliation and you decided to slap it away, so your election to step back for now might be a good idea

After what was written here yesterday, that was a totally empty gesture.

83-Steelers-43
01-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Personally, I wouldn't let it bother you. Laugh it off and move on. It's not worth it.

But, if you do leave......Take care Jeremy. I know you and I have disagreed in the past on certain topics, but all in fun and good conversation. Be safe and thank you for serving this country. Best wishes.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2008, 12:55 PM
After what was written here yesterday, that was a totally empty gesture.

I wasnt here yesterday...but just went back and reread the posts....DUDE!!! seriously....I am at a loss as to how you are now playing the victim after a full day of being rude and antagonistic towards other forum members!!!
I am trying to be as impartial as possible....but you really need to do a "self-check"
If you really have that much "stress" in your live that you have to come to a message board and flame on people....you truly should seek out your friends and get your issues off your chest.
BUT on the other hand...you are VERY lucky you bowed out gracefully when you did...and were not shown the door by some very tolerant mods...who could have kicked you to the curb for "taking out your frustrations" on unsuspecting forum members!!!!
Seriously...do what you got to do...but take some time off...and then come back when you can look at your posts from a rational point of view.

stillers4me
01-26-2008, 01:12 PM
I wasnt here yesterday...but just went back and reread the posts....DUDE!!! seriously....I am at a loss as to how you are now playing the victim after a full day of being rude and antagonistic towards other forum members!!!
I am trying to be as impartial as possible....but you really need to do a "self-check"
If you really have that much "stress" in your live that you have to come to a message board and flame on people....you truly should seek out your friends and get your issues off your chest.
BUT on the other hand...you are VERY lucky you bowed out gracefully when you did...and were not shown the door by some very tolerant mods...who could have kicked you to the curb for "taking out your frustrations" on unsuspecting forum members!!!!
Seriously...do what you got to do...but take soem time off...and then come back when you can look at your posts from a rational point of view.

Thank you, LLT. I've found it amusing how he has turned the whole situation around and blamed the ill will on forum members who are just too sensitive....... I myself was getting sick of being insulted personally and to be truthful, every time he used the term God Send in referring to Ben. The sarcam was getting old and while the term may be how he feels, it was starting to be a personal slap at anyone who had anything good to say about the man.

Mosca
01-26-2008, 01:17 PM
The dude is going throught some rough times. It's a message board. Right or wrong, let's cut him some slack. Disengage. Jeremy, cmon back when you feel the time is right.

HometownGal
01-26-2008, 02:09 PM
The dude is going throught some rough times. It's a message board. Right or wrong, let's cut him some slack. Disengage. Jeremy, cmon back when you feel the time is right.

This is where I'm at here.

Jeremy - Mosca is right. It is only an internet BB but we're all here for the same reason in the long run aren't we? Our Pittsburgh Steelers. :tt02:

All we ask is that our members respect each other's thoughts and reflect that respect in their posts. I don't think that is asking too much.

Whatever you decide to do - good luck to you. :cheers:

ShutDown24
01-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Bye

sherlock
01-26-2008, 02:44 PM
This whole episode has left a bad taste in the mouth,probably because I have something of a romantically naive perception of the Steelers and their fans.
I hope you don`t go Jeremy,I enjoy your posts and you have views on a wide range of subjects,not just football.
I`ve learnt a huge amount about NFL,Steelers,various American sports and the U.S. in general from yours and everyone elses posts here.
You tend to be somewhat antagonistic or should that be combative in many of your posts which personally I rather enjoy but sometimes you can go OTT.
I would have thought your Forces training would have taught you to control your emotions to some degree although I can understand when you say that this forum is a means of letting off steam....but don`t forget you are among friends here,whether you agree with their views or not.
All the best.:hug:

Rhee Rhee
01-26-2008, 03:04 PM
C U L8R

Atlanta Dan
01-26-2008, 04:20 PM
This whole episode has left a bad taste in the mouth,probably because I have something of a romantically naive perception of the Steelers and their fans.
:

Steelers Nation is a family - sometimes that family interacts like The Waltons, sometimes with no clearly defined external enemy that family interacts like The Corleones

SteelCityMan786
01-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Take Care Jeremy.

revefsreleets
01-26-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm not going to help at all here, but I want to say my piece.

I've seen Jeremy when he's affable and poking fun at stuff and he's a good poster when he's like that. He's a smart, sharp and articulate guy most of the time. But I've also seen him flip and take the exact opposite position on another issue closely related, and approach things in a completely defensive and aggressive manner with no provocation.

That's classic bi-polar behavior.

Not saying he is, but the duck is quacking, so............anyway, nobody should be able to have it both ways on here. If you want to be sarcastic and poke fun you have to be able to take it too. I've seen him rip people up pretty bad, and when the worm turned, it became some whole other issue entirely. That's not cool. If you dish, you gotta be able to take it back.

I'm no saint, and I've had my moments and issues with people, but I always try to scale it back or apologize or at least retreat a little to keep it civil. I've had run-ins with Tony, Atlanta Dan, Mosca, Preach, many, many others (Damn, now that I think about it, I'M a bit of a pain in the ass around here too!)...it's part of the territory that comes with thinking and having a strong opinion, but I guarantee if I sat down with any of those guys and we had a beer (preach...can you drink?) we'd hit it off just fine. But Jeremy is another issue. He seems to be occasionally almost too volatile.

Still, I hope he stays...in fact, sorry to "third person" you, if you're still here, Jeremy, but the format lends itself to that. I hope you stay, but try to be more accommodating if you do. You need to give as good as you get, and get as good as you give.

MasterOfPuppets
01-26-2008, 05:58 PM
I would have thought your Forces training would have taught you to control your emotions to some degree
geesh dude.....look at where all them bottled up emotions got mr spock.....
http://http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6392/spockpl0.png (http://imageshack.us)
:toofunny:

19ward86
01-26-2008, 06:31 PM
people care because some show their steeler pride everyday, like me, i am the type of person u explained, i am sensative to what people say because there are too many people that bandwagoned on to the steel train.

Preacher
01-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Jeremy...

Take some time... Enjoy the offseason... See ya in a couple weeks... or at draft.. or next fall...

ShutDown24
01-26-2008, 09:54 PM
I hope you don`t go Jeremy,I enjoy your posts and you have views on a wide range of subjects,not just football.
I`ve learnt a huge amount about NFL,Steelers,various American sports and the U.S. in general from yours and everyone elses posts here.
You tend to be somewhat antagonistic or should that be combative in many of your posts which personally I rather enjoy but sometimes you can go OTT.
I would have thought your Forces training would have taught you to control your emotions to some degree although I can understand when you say that this forum is a means of letting off steam....but don`t forget you are among friends here,whether you agree with their views or not.
All the best.:hug:

Good post, I particularly agree with the final assessment. Maybe the military needs to spend some more time in that area, not be critical but I would think emotional control would be required to be high in the service... Oh well, I don?t want to speculate about anything... Probably will make some people mad with what I have said already ? lol - but I know a good number of soldiers and if you didn't know they were in, you would never imagine it. Just can?t help but wonder what is going on these days with some of these guys. Anyway, off topic - Good luck with whatever happens to you Jeremy :tt02:

stlrtruck
01-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Be Blessed!

lilyoder6
01-28-2008, 09:17 AM
i think a vacation from this forum is needed for jeremy..

vasteeler
01-28-2008, 10:53 AM
who cares?? see ya

Steel Duck
01-28-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm new here and don't pretend to know the history of this poster...but I have spent lots of time on message boards, and when you become regular on one of these boards, drama is inevitable. However, I think most adults can distinguish what's important and what isn't....a message board is NOT important and should never be able to control you to the point of exasperation.
You have the choice to read a post....respond...and flame. If you know something is going to upset you, then why even bother responding and reacting to it?
In my opinion this is just another classic example of not being able to take what one can give.