PDA

View Full Version : LLT's Mock draft....1.0

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2008, 11:42 AM
1) Dolphins: Glenn Dorsey (DT, Louisiana State)
2) Rams: Chris Long (DE, Virginia)
3) Falcons: Darren McFadden (HB, Arkansas)
4) Raiders: Sedrick Ellis (DT, USC)
5) Chiefs: Jake Long (OT, Michigan)
6) Jets: Vernon Gholston (DE, Ohio State)
7) Patriots: Dan Connor (LB, Penn State)
8) Ravens: Matt Ryan (QB, Boston College)
9) Bengals: Derrick Harvey (DE, Florida)
10) Saints: Keith Rivers (LB, USC)
11) Bills: Mike Jenkins (CB, South Florida)
12) Broncos: Kenny Phillips (S, Miami (FL))
13) Panthers: Sam Baker (OT, USC)
14) Bears: Brian Brohm (QB, Louisville)
15) Lions: Felix Jones (HB, Arkansas)
16) Cardinals: Rashard Mendenhall (HB, Illinois)
17) Vikings: DeSean Jackson (WR, California)
18) Texans: Aqib Talib (CB, Kansas)
19) Eagles: Ryan Clady (OT, Boise State)
20) Buccaneers: Malcolm Kelly (WR, Oklahoma)
21) Redskins: Calais Campbell (DE, Miami (FL)
22) Cowboys: Limas Sweed (WR, Texas)
23) Steelers: Jeff Otah (OT, Pittsburgh)
24) Titans: Adarius Bowman (WR, Oklahoma State)
25) Seahawks : Martellus Bennett (TE, Texas A&M)
26) Jaguars: Brandon Flowers (CB, Virginia Tech)
27) Chargers: Curtis Lofton (LB, Oklahoma)
28) Cowboys: Jonathan Stewart (HB, Oregon)
29) 49ers: Chris Williams (OT, Vanderbilt)
30) Packers: Antoine Cason (CB, Arizona)
31) Giants: Pat Sims (DT, Auburn)
32) Patriots: FORFEITED PICK : Freaking cheaters got caught!!!!!!!!:toofunny:

Lord Stiller
01-26-2008, 01:22 PM
pretty good job

for some reason though, i am starting to like Chris Williams a lot better than Otah

Does Otah have the ability to play LT? Seems like a pure RT road-grade type to me

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2008, 01:42 PM
pretty good job

for some reason though, i am starting to like Chris Williams a lot better than Otah

Does Otah have the ability to play LT? Seems like a pure RT road-grade type to me

I think the knock on Williams is his intensity and if he lacks a killer instinct...but he also has a ton of experience and is very bright. Better at pass protection than run-blocking.

Otah should be able to play both sides...but will probably start out at RT....very strong and quick...his knock is that he has only two years of experience against top notch talent... (I have stated that I would like to pick up Travelle Wharton for our LT and use our first pick to upgrade the RT)

ShutDown24
01-26-2008, 01:54 PM

Did the Colts trade their first rounder away this year without telling me lol?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Did the Colts trade their first rounder away this year without telling me lol?

Traded to the 49ers

ShutDown24
01-26-2008, 02:09 PM
WHAT THE CRAP!!!!:sofunny::sofunny:

Thanks shutdown....(Hope this doesnt make me reshuffle EVERYTHING!!!)

Yeah, I was honestley wondering if they did something with it lol - Other than that I liked the mock though.

ShutDown24
01-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Traded to the 49ers

Really? Do you know the details? I don't remember that :O

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Really? Do you know the details? I don't remember that :O

to be honest I dont remember the details...I had copied the draft order and tried to figure out the needs....and never realized that the Colts were not there....I will look up the details though

ShutDown24
01-26-2008, 02:22 PM
to be honest I dont remember the details...I had copied the draft order and tried to figure out the needs....and never realized that the Colts were not there....I will look up the details though

Thanks, I keep up on pretty much every move around the league as much as I can at least and can't remember that happening at all O.o

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks, I keep up on pretty much every move around the league as much as I can at least and can't remember that happening at all O.o

Colts trade up with 49ers

Indianapolis Colts: Acquire pick No. 42 (selected OT Tony Ugoh).
San Francisco 49ers: Acquire pick No. 126 (fourth round) and Colts' first-round pick in 2008.

ShutDown24
01-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Colts trade up with 49ers

Indianapolis Colts: Acquire pick No. 42 (selected OT Tony Ugoh).
San Francisco 49ers: Acquire pick No. 126 (fourth round) and Colts' first-round pick in 2008.

Man... I don't remember that at all... Lol alright then, thanks.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Man... I don't remember that at all... Lol alright then, thanks.

Sooooo...all is good with the draft then?

Rhee Rhee
01-26-2008, 03:36 PM

two things...

#1 do u think martellus bennett will go in the first? i agree with you that Seattle will take a TE but bennett? unless he has like an incredible combine i see carlson or fred davis to go b4 him

#2 the chargers are set @ LB... their 3-4 is both young and athletic... i say they grab a a stud 3-4 DT to replace the 32 year old jamaal williams..

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-28-2008, 11:15 AM
two things...

#1 do u think martellus bennett will go in the first? i agree with you that Seattle will take a TE but bennett? unless he has like an incredible combine i see carlson or fred davis to go b4 him

#2 the chargers are set @ LB... their 3-4 is both young and athletic... i say they grab a a stud 3-4 DT to replace the 32 year old jamaal williams..

Bennett is one of my picks that should perform well enough in the combine to warrant a first round slot

Jamaal Williams still has a few years left in him, and based on value..the chargers should be able to get a replacement in the later rounds....I was torn between Safety and adding depth to their LB corp...and went again on value...as of now I think they will take the stud LB in the first (since 3-4 LBers are harder to find) and pick up a safety and NT in the 2nd and 3rd

ShutDown24
01-28-2008, 12:24 PM
I think Aqib Talib has moved up a lot latley... Any chance you think he could go before Jenkins?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-28-2008, 02:52 PM
I think Aqib Talib has moved up a lot latley... Any chance you think he could go before Jenkins?

it depends on if NFL teams are going to react to character issues like they did last spring...Jenkins was arrested for fighting outside a bar last year so some teams will be turned off by his potential "issues".

MasterOfPuppets
01-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Bennett is one of my picks that should perform well enough in the combine to warrant a first round slot

Jamaal Williams still has a few years left in him, and based on value..the chargers should be able to get a replacement in the later rounds....I was torn between Safety and adding depth to their LB corp...and went again on value...as of now I think they will take the stud LB in the first (since 3-4 LBers are harder to find) and pick up a safety and NT in the 2nd and 3rdVALUE.....:scratchchin:....I don't think the chargers GM understands " value ". they did waste last years first on craig davis ...:shake01:.. the chargers also gave up this years second (dolphins - chambers), and 3rd (bears - traded up to get weddle)....so they better get the value at the most pressing need, according to charger web sites, they claim DT( nose guard), OT, AND LBER as the top areas of need. and of course loosing RB ,turner adds another.

SteelCityMan786
01-28-2008, 06:03 PM

HEY! I take offense to Dan Conner being drafted by the Pats. Why would he go there? :flap:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-28-2008, 06:05 PM
...and of course loosing RB ,turner adds another.

Don't forget about Darren Sproles either. He is one of the best 3rd down backs in the NFL. The only problem I see is if he will be able to carry the larger load moving to the number two back.

MDSteel15
01-28-2008, 11:00 PM
HEY! I take offense to Dan Conner being drafted by the Pats. Why would he go there? :flap:

Because probably all their LBs are going to retire from old age

Rhee Rhee
01-29-2008, 02:00 AM

Jamaal Williams still has a few years left in him, and based on value..the chargers should be able to get a replacement in the later rounds....I was torn between Safety and adding depth to their LB corp...and went again on value...as of now I think they will take the stud LB in the first (since 3-4 LBers are harder to find) and pick up a safety and NT in the 2nd and 3rd

i see what u mean.. there is basically NO depth at safety besides kenny phillips... (i consider regie smith a CB) i might even switch the NT in the 2nd and safety in the 3rd

Rhee Rhee
01-29-2008, 02:01 AM

cause laurinitis stayed..

MasterOfPuppets
01-29-2008, 05:00 PM
i see what u mean.. there is basically NO depth at safety besides kenny phillips... (i consider regie smith a CB) i might even switch the NT in the 2nd and safety in the 3rdthe chargers do not have a second or third pick this year.

lilyoder6
01-29-2008, 05:46 PM
well whoever gets tom zbowski from ND is a good player, and in college did return punts very well..

Rhee Rhee
01-31-2008, 04:36 AM
the chargers do not have a second or third pick this year.

since when?

was it from the weedle trade last year?

when they moved up to get him?

Rhee Rhee
01-31-2008, 04:37 AM
well whoever gets tom zbowski from ND is a good player, and in college did return punts very well..

we have a slight chance...

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-31-2008, 06:30 AM
the chargers do not have a second or third pick this year.

Still doesnt change the mindset...

56% of starting DT's were drafted in the 3rd round or later...and only 37% of them are with the teams that drafted them. There is plenty of talent at that position in the later rounds and regardless of where they are drafted...it is often going to take a few years for them to develop.

Safety does peak in the 2nd round with 36% of starters being drafted there....but 54% are drafted in the 3rd round or later. What is different is that most starting safeties in the league are still with the team that drafted them (66%)...which tells me that they contribute earlier and dont need as long to develop.

However 60% of starting OLB's are drafted in the FIRST three rounds (peaking in the first round at 27%) and 75% are still with the teams that drafted them ..meaning that they make an almost immediate impact.

The Chargers are going to have to decide where they need more depth ...Safety or LB... when making that first choice.

lilyoder6
01-31-2008, 11:17 AM
well sedrick ellis is a projected top 10.. he's the dt from usc.. he is a beast..

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-31-2008, 12:07 PM
well sedrick ellis is a projected top 10.. he's the dt from usc.. he is a beast..

Being that it takes awhile for DT's to develop.....the 1st round holds just as many Johnathan Sullivans & Reggie McGrews...as it does Warren Sapps & Casey Hamptons

MasterOfPuppets
01-31-2008, 12:19 PM
since when?

was it from the weedle trade last year?

when they moved up to get him?i've already posted it...actually they don't have a 4th pick either....

VALUE.........I don't think the chargers GM understands " value ". they did waste last years first on craig davis ..... the chargers also gave up this years second (dolphins - chambers), and 3rd (bears - traded up to get weddle)....so they better get the value at the most pressing need, according to charger web sites, they claim DT( nose guard), OT, AND LBER as the top areas of need. and of course loosing RB ,turner adds another.

Chargers to Dolphins. The San Diego Chargers traded their second-round pick in 2008 to the Miami Dolphins for Chris Chambers.
Chargers to Bears. San Diego traded their third-round pick in 2008 to the Chicago Bears, as well as the 62nd, 93rd, and 167th overall selections in 2007 (used to select Dan Bazuin, Garrett Wolfe and Kevin Payne, respectively) in exchange for the 37th overall selection in 2007 (used to select Eric Weddle).
Chargers fourth-round pick. The Chargers used this pick in the 2007 Supplemental Draft to select Paul Oliver.

here's a list of traded picks....
http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/t/34536.aspx

Rhee Rhee
02-06-2008, 12:53 AM
The Chargers used this pick in the 2007 Supplemental Draft to select Paul Oliver.

i wonder how he's doing...

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-06-2008, 01:26 PM
i wonder how he's doing...

I dont believe Oliver ever made it on the field...but then again he was behind Cromartie and Jammer...so the Chargers can give him time to develop

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Update on First Round:

#1 Miami.................C.Long DE (Virginia)
#2 St Louis.............G.Dorsey DT (LSU)
#3 Atlanta................M.Ryan QB (Boston College)
#4 Oakland.............D.McFadden HB (Arkansas)
#5 Kansas City......J.Long OT (Michigan)
#6 New York Jets..V.Gholston DE/OLB (Ohio State)
#7 New England....L.McKelvin CB (Troy)
#8 Baltimore...........D.Rodgers-Cromartie CB (Tennessee State)
#9 Cincinatti............K.Rivers OLB (USC)
#10 New Orleans....S.Ellis DT (USC)
#11 Buffalo...............D.Harvey DE (Florida)
#12 Denver.............. K.Balmer DT (North Carolina)
#13 Carolina............R.Mendenhall HB (Illinois)
#14 Chicago............R.Clady OT (Boise State)
#15 Detroit................A.Talib CB (Kansas)
#16 Arizona..............M.Jenkins CB (South Florida)
#17 Minnesota........ L.Jackson DE (USC)
#18 Houston...........J.Stewart HB (Oregon)
#19 Philadelphia....C.Williams OT (Vanderbilt)
#20 Tampa Bay.......D.Jackson WR (California)
#21 Washington......P.Merling DE (Clemson)
#22 Dallas................A.Cason CB (Arizona)
#23 Pittsburgh.........J.Otah OT (Pittsburgh)
#24 Tennesee ........L.Sweed WR (Texas)
#25 Seattle...............M. Bennett TE (Texas A&M)
#26 Jacksonville......Q.Groves DE (Auburn)
#27 San Diego.........B.Albert OG (Virginia)
#28 Dallas.................F.Jones HB (Arkansas)
#29 San Francisco..J.Hardy WR (Indiana)
#30 Green Bay..........T.Porter CB (Indiana)
#31 Patriots*.............CHEATERS
#32 Giants.................D.Connor LB (Penn State)

GBMelBlount
03-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Do you think Otah will be around at #23? I have seen him ranked as high as #2 at OT.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-10-2008, 05:32 AM
Do you think Otah will be around at #23? I have seen him ranked as high as #2 at OT.

There is a chance...with the depth at OT...teams may not panic and will wait until round two for a lineman....I think CB will be the position that there will be a run on early in this draft.

I will go on record as saying that Even if Williams and Otah are gone...I think that Cherilus is a legit OT. He will have to start at RT but will be able to move to LT after a little tweaking.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2008, 11:03 AM
There is a chance...with the depth at OT...teams may not panic and will wait until round two for a lineman....I think CB will be the position that there will be a run on early in this draft.

I will go on record as saying that Even if Williams and Otah are gone...I think that Cherilus is a legit OT. He will have to start at RT but will be able to move to LT after a little tweaking.

Man, I think Cherilus will need a LOT of tweaking to move to the LT. Honestly I think he stays on the right in the NFL.

After starting 37 consecutive games at right tackle, Gosder Cherilus moved to the demanding left tackle position as a senior. It is an understatement to say that he struggled most of the year at that position.

Penalties -- seven total and four vs. Notre Dame -- were his worst enemy. Cherlius allowed 5 1/2 quarterback sacks and four pressures, acceptable totals when the offense throws the ball 659 times in a season.

With his limited change-of-direction agility, along with a solid reputation as a mauler for the ground game, Cherilus would welcome a return to right tackle at the next level. The Haitian is a tireless worker and with patient coaching, he could join the long line of steady Boston College offensive linemen now playing in the NFL. Cherilus closed out his career with 51 consecutive starts for the Eagles, establishing a new school record.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/gosder-cherilus?id=210

Watch big #77 on any Matt Ryan video and you will see he handles the bull rush well, but no kick slide, flat footed and cant handle speed rush. Zeirline would need to be a wizard to make him a LT. IMO.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Man, I think Cherilus will need a LOT of tweaking to move to the LT. Honestly I think he stays on the right in the NFL.

After starting 37 consecutive games at right tackle, Gosder Cherilus moved to the demanding left tackle position as a senior. It is an understatement to say that he struggled most of the year at that position.

Penalties -- seven total and four vs. Notre Dame -- were his worst enemy. Cherlius allowed 5 1/2 quarterback sacks and four pressures, acceptable totals when the offense throws the ball 659 times in a season.

With his limited change-of-direction agility, along with a solid reputation as a mauler for the ground game, Cherilus would welcome a return to right tackle at the next level. The Haitian is a tireless worker and with patient coaching, he could join the long line of steady Boston College offensive linemen now playing in the NFL. Cherilus closed out his career with 51 consecutive starts for the Eagles, establishing a new school record.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/gosder-cherilus?id=210

Watch big #77 on any Matt Ryan video and you will see he handles the bull rush well, but no kick slide, flat footed and cant handle speed rush. Zeirline would need to be a wizard to make him a LT. IMO.

I read the same thing....

Hub Arkesh of ProFootball Weekly agreed with his going back to the right side...but went one step farther in his analysis...and stated he will eventually be a left tackle, just needs to learn a system before going to the left side. Which is VERY typical for O-lineman.

Shows the foot quickness, natural athleticism, and arm length to play left tackle. Very well put together for his size. Can cling to and eliminate defenders once he gets his massive hands on them. Shows the agility to pull and work up the field. Has an edge and shows a mean streak. Practices hard and takes the game seriously. Competitive, well-respected team leader.

Struggled after moving from the right side to the left in a new scheme with new terminology. Needs repetition at one position and never looked comfortable on the left side. Has all the physical ability to play left tackle if he could figure it out, but as a rookie should be moved back to the right side until he adjusts to the NFL.
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/default.htm

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I read the same thing....

Hub Arkesh of ProFootball Weekly agreed with his going back to the right side...but went one step farther in his analysis...and stated he will eventually be a left tackle, just needs to learn a system before going to the left side. Which is VERY typical for O-lineman.

For sure. Almost all LT's play on the less demanding right side to start. I think the size and wingspan are all there to be a LT.

My biggest concern is that his frame can and should be able to handle putting on more mass. But if his agility isnt great now, then putting on more weight will only make him less agile. I think he is just not a naturally agile, quick guy and the genetics cant be changed.

I strongly disagree with Arkesh that he will ever be productive on the left side. Plug him in at RT in the NFL for at least 10 seasons.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-10-2008, 04:27 PM
For sure. Almost all LT's play on the less demanding right side to start. I think the size and wingspan are all there to be a LT.

My biggest concern is that his frame can and should be able to handle putting on more mass. But if his agility isnt great now, then putting on more weight will only make him less agile. I think he is just not a naturally agile, quick guy and the genetics cant be changed.

I strongly disagree with Arkesh that he will ever be productive on the left side. Plug him in at RT in the NFL for at least 10 seasons.

Its hard to gage players at this time of year because so many team scouts give out false information so as to cloud which direction their team might be going....college production is the best indicator of if a player will be able to handle the pro game....and even then you have to look at systems...level of competition..and duration of proficiency.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I like to go on what I have seen and read before "combine time". I still like the Sr. Bowl week as it seems most of those guys get a decent eval by the coaches there.

I remember Ed Hartwell, Lamont Jordan, Chad Johnson, Patrick Willis having good senior bowl weeks and getting some good reviews there and also Derek Hagans was a guy that was highly touted going in there and was shown to be not that impressive....kind of like Bowman this year.

Cherilus is flat footed in pass pro in games, on film and had trouble blocking in space and against quick pass rushers at the Sr. bowl. I am really not a fan of him, but think he can play well at RT.

What do you think of Jacob Hester?? what projected round can he go in?

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I like to go on what I have seen and read before "combine time". I still like the Sr. Bowl week as it seems most of those guys get a decent eval by the coaches there.

I remember Ed Hartwell, Lamont Jordan, Chad Johnson, Patrick Willis having good senior bowl weeks and getting some good reviews there and also Derek Hagans was a guy that was highly touted going in there and was shown to be not that impressive....kind of like Bowman this year.

Cherilus is flat footed in pass pro in games, on film and had trouble blocking in space and against quick pass rushers at the Sr. bowl. I am really not a fan of him, but think he can play well at RT.

What do you think of Jacob Hester?? what projected round can he go in?

Looks like 5th-Priority Free agent as of now....ranked higher than Fulton but I think Fulton is a better fit for the Steelers. I wouldnt be unhappy with Hester, but Fulton has more potential as a Power back.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-02-2008, 04:43 AM
New Draft....It looks like Albert and Otah may be gone by #23.

1) Dolphins:......... Glenn Dorsey (DT, Louisiana State)
2) Rams: ...............Jake Long (OT, Michigan)
3) Falcons: ............Matt Ryan (QB, Boston College)
4) Raiders: ...........Chris Long (DE, Virginia)
5) Chiefs: ..............Chris Williams (OT, Vanderbilt)
6) Jets: ...................Darren McFadden (HB, Arkansas)
7) Patriots: ............Vernon Gholston (DE, Ohio State)
8) Ravens: ...........Leodis McKelvin (CB, Troy)
9) Bengals:............Sedrick Ellis (DT, USC)
10) Saints: .............D. Rodgers-Cromartie (CB, Tennessee State)
11) Bills:..................Desean Jackson (WR California)
12) Broncos:...........Ryan Clady (OT Boise State)
13) Panthers:..........Derrick Harvey (DE, Florida)
14) Bears:................Jeff Otah (OT, Pittsburgh)
15) Lions:.................Rashard Mendenhall (RB, Illinois)
16) Cardinals:..........Jonathan Stewart (HB, Oregon)
17) Vikings:..............Mario Manningham (WR, Michigan)
18) Texans:..............Mike Jenkins (CB, South Florida)
19) Eagles:...............Branden Albert (OG, Virginia)
20) Buccaneers:......James Hardy (WR, Indiana)
21) Redskins:...........Calais Campbell (DE, Miami (FL)
22) Cowboys:............Felix Jones (RB Arkansas)
23) Steelers:..............Aqib Talib (CB, Kansas)
24) Titans:..................Limas Sweed (WR Texas)
25) Seahawks :.........Gosder Cherilus (OT, Boston College)
26) Jaguars:...............Philip Merling (DE, Clemson)
27) Chargers:.............Kentwan Balmer (DT, North Carolina)
28) Cowboys:.............Antoine Cason (CB, Arizona)
29) 49ers:....................Malcolm Kelly (WR, Oklahoma)
30) Packers:................Reggie Smith (CB, Oklahoma)
31) Patriots: FORFEITED PICK : Freaking cheaters got caught!!!!!!!!
32) Giants:...................Kenny Phillips (S, Miami (FL)

CantStop85
04-02-2008, 09:40 AM
New Draft....It looks like Albert and Otah may be gone by #23.

5) Chiefs: ..............Chris Williams (OT, Vanderbilt)
9) Bengals:............Sedrick Ellis (DT, USC)
12) Broncos:...........Ryan Clady (OT Boise State)

Interesting...I hadn't heard much about Chris Williams in the top 5.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Interesting...I hadn't heard much about Chris Williams in the top 5.

Kansas City desperately wants Dorsey....(or would like to trade down ...but will find no takers).....they will have to settle for a OT..and take Pat Sims at the beginning of round #2

I think we may see Clady drop...and Williams raise in the next 3 weeks due to rumors that Clady might take a while to grasp NFL blocking schemes and playbooks.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Draft Change..based on comments by Kansas City.

5) Chiefs: ..............Sedrick Ellis (DT, USC)
9) Bengals:............Ryan Clady (OT Boise State)
12) Broncos:...........Chris Williams (OT, Vanderbilt)

Aussie_steeler
04-04-2008, 05:02 AM
LLT - I think both Calais Campbell and Mario Manningham have worked themselves out of the first round.

I am leaning towards CB at #23 but I think Talib will be gone and Cason will be our pick. either of the 2 would be a great addition

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-04-2008, 05:48 AM
LLT - I think both Calais Campbell and Mario Manningham have worked themselves out of the first round.

I am leaning towards CB at #23 but I think Talib will be gone and Cason will be our pick. either of the 2 would be a great addition

Manningham was very productive in college but his stock slipped when he ran a 4.59 at the combine...however...he recently ran a 4.42 at his Proday and is quietly working his way back up draft charts. He will rise on Mock drafts in the next couple of weeks.

The knock on Calais Campbell is that he showed up overweight for his workouts...but the Redskins Defensive line Coach is John Palermo. who coached at Miami 2 years ago. From what I am hearing..he has all the confidence in the world in Campbell, and is seriously pushing for the 6'7 290 DE. He was able to motivate him at Miami..and feels that he can do it again in Washington.

Aussie_steeler
04-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Manningham was very productive in college but his stock slipped when he ran a 4.59 at the combine...however...he recently ran a 4.42 at his Proday and is quietly working his way back up draft charts. He will rise on Mock drafts in the next couple of weeks.

The knock on Calais Campbell is that he showed up overweight for his workouts...but the Redskins Defensive line Coach is John Palermo. who coached at Miami 2 years ago. From what I am hearing..he has all the confidence in the world in Campbell, and is seriously pushing for the 6'7 290 DE. He was able to motivate him at Miami..and feels that he can do it again in Washington.

Wasnt aware of Manninghams proday workout. That will save his stock a bit. Campbell is an enigma to me. Holding on some boards and really sliding on others.
His size it too much to ignore. Cheers LLT

Galax Steeler
04-05-2008, 07:18 AM

Cason would be a very good adition.:thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-22-2008, 05:28 AM
1) Miami: Long, Jake
2) St. Louis: Long, Chris
3) Atlanta: Ryan, Matt
4) Oakland: Dorsey, Glenn
5) Kansas City: Clady, Ryan
6) New York: McFadden, Darren
7) New England: Gholston, Vernon
8) Baltimore: McKelvin, Leodis
9) Cincinnati: Ellis, Sedrick
10) New Orleans: Talib, Aqib
11) Buffalo:Thomas, Devin
12) Denver: Williams, Chris
13) Carolina: Harvey, Derrick
14) Chicago: Otah, Jeff
15) Detroit: Mendenhall, Rashard
16) Arizona: Stewart, Jonathan
17) Minnesota: Merling, Phillip
18) Houston: Rodgers-Cromartie, D.
19) Philadelphia: Albert, Branden
20) Tampa Bay: Hardy, James
21) Washington: Campbell, Calais
22) Dallas: Jones, Felix
23) Pittsburgh: Cherilus, Gosder
24) Tennessee: Sweed, Limas
25) Seattle: Jackson, DeSean
26) Jacksonville: Balmer, Kentwan
27) San Diego: Mayo, Jerod
28) Dallas: Cason, Antoine
29) San Francisco: Rivers, Keith
30) Green Bay: Jenkins, Mike
31) New York: Phillips, Kenny

Aussie_steeler
04-22-2008, 06:32 AM
I struggle with coming up with 6 picks for the steelers. I cant imagine the mental anguish you must go through to make a list of 31. My hat is off to you LLT

Without coming up with 31 picks here are my thoughts.

Atlanta hold the key to the whole draft puzzle. I think they take Dorsey and settle for Brohm in the second. THat means the ratbirds unfortunately will get Matt Ryan.

I also see DRC going before Talib. The failed drug tests are going to haunt Talib come draft day. He might fall into the 2nd.

Another interesting twist might see Dallas take Felix Jones at 22 and then trade pick 28 to the Bengals for Chad Johnson plus other picks. I think they will also give up a 4th or 5th rounder for Pacman.

Atlanta and Dallas will control the direction of the draft on day 1.

Thought you might also like this link.
http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic509245-20-1.aspx

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-22-2008, 08:42 AM
I struggle with coming up with 6 picks for the steelers. I cant imagine the mental anguish you must go through to make a list of 31. My hat is off to you LLT

Without coming up with 31 picks here are my thoughts.

Atlanta hold the key to the whole draft puzzle. I think they take Dorsey and settle for Brohm in the second. THat means the ratbirds unfortunately will get Matt Ryan.

I also see DRC going before Talib. The failed drug tests are going to haunt Talib come draft day. He might fall into the 2nd.

Another interesting twist might see Dallas take Felix Jones at 22 and then trade pick 28 to the Bengals for Chad Johnson plus other picks. I think they will also give up a 4th or 5th rounder for Pacman.

Atlanta and Dallas will control the direction of the draft on day 1.

Thought you might also like this link.
http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic509245-20-1.aspx

Believe it or not...finding a placve in the early part of the draft for McFadden is harder than anything else...and I REFUSE to believe that he may fall into the hands of the cheating *Patriots.

Aussie_steeler
04-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Believe it or not...finding a placve in the early part of the draft for McFadden is harder than anything else...and I REFUSE to believe that he may fall into the hands of the cheating *Patriots.

I think the Rams take Chris Long, the Falcons take Dorsey and the RAIDERS take McFadden.

McFadden has Raider written all over him. Then I think the trade action starts for teams lining up to get hold of Matt Ryan. Then the mad scramble for OT's and running backs begin. The winners will be Clady, Otah, Williams, Mendenhall and Stewart. The CB's will be the ones to slip.

The Patriots are sitting pretty to trade the pick to Matt Ryan suitors and then they load up on picks.

Any team with a late 1st rounder and early 2nd rounder is going to be the real winner as some quality players are going to fall into the 25 - 40 pick range. That is where we need to be to win in this draft IMO

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2008, 04:25 AM
Update with the Kansas City/Minnesota trade

17) Kansas City: Merling, Phillip

steelymcmatt
04-23-2008, 06:23 AM
Update with the Kansas City/Minnesota trade

17) Kansas City: Merling, Phillip

Do you think KC will pass up on Allen's replacement (Gholston) when Clady/Williams/Otah/Albert will be there @ 17?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Do you think KC will pass up on Allen's replacement (Gholston) when Clady/Williams/Otah/Albert will be there @ 17?

Although I think Williams is a better OT than Clady....I think KC will take Clady so that Denver doesnt grab him at #12...I think players like Vernon Gholston (258 lbs) and Derrick Harvey (252 lbs) dont project as well into KC's scheme as Merling (275 lbs), who will be there at #17......Then I look for them to grab a player like DT Trevor Laws in the 2nd round. Thery truly are set up well to rebuild

Aussie_steeler
04-23-2008, 06:48 AM
Or do KC fall for all the hype and take Branden Albert at #5. I see McShay and Kiper both have Albert penciled in. Denver is in a good position to get a good OT whatever happens.

KC havent hurt themselves either with todays dealings.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Or do KC fall for all the hype and take Branden Albert at #5. I see McShay and Kiper both have Albert penciled in. Denver is in a good position to get a good OT whatever happens.

KC havent hurt themselves either with todays dealings.

If Matt Ryan drops they may grab him with that first 1st round pick and then pick up their OT with the second 1st round pick

steelymcmatt
04-23-2008, 02:46 PM
If Matt Ryan drops they may grab him with that first 1st round pick and then pick up their OT with the second 1st round pick

Do you consider Ryan being available at 5 him "dropping." If anything I'd consider it a bit of a reach....much more comfortable with him at 8-13. If he's available at 14, I'd consider that "dropping" I only ask because I've come to have great respect for your draft knowledge!

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-24-2008, 05:31 AM
Do you consider Ryan being available at 5 him "dropping." If anything I'd consider it a bit of a reach....much more comfortable with him at 8-13. If he's available at 14, I'd consider that "dropping" I only ask because I've come to have great respect for your draft knowledge!

By dropping..I simply meant that he is the only legit 1st round talent at QB....With Atlanta having an obvious need (for a QB...and for a new identity that doesnt include Vick)...there is serious specualtion that Atlanta will take Ryan. If not...he "drops"...to KC who may even wait until their second 1st round pick to take him. (Closer to the #8-13 slots that you were talking about)

You are right that he isnt a top 5 talent...but supply/ demand elevates his stock enough to put him there.

steelymcmatt
04-24-2008, 07:20 AM
By dropping..I simply meant that he is the only legit 1st round talent at QB....With Atlanta having an obvious need (for a QB...and for a new identity that doesnt include Vick)...there is serious specualtion that Atlanta will take Ryan. If not...he "drops"...to KC who may even wait until their second 1st round pick to take him. (Closer to the #8-13 slots that you were talking about)

You are right that he isnt a top 5 talent...but supply/ demand elevates his stock enough to put him there.

I agree with you there....I think he may end up at 13 to the Panthers. Even if Delhomme comes back from his surgery, he is 33 and having Ryan in there a year or two to learn from him wouldn't be a bad thing.

Aussie_steeler
04-24-2008, 07:31 AM
There are two critical points in the upcoming draft that revolve around Matt Ryan.

1. Does Atlanta take him at # 3 and turn the draft upside down??? They could trade down if Dorsey is gone?

2. When Matt Ryan gets to #5 Kansas City hold a major trump card. They seriously might take him there as they sent both Herm Edwards and GM Carl Peterson to his college workout ( the only team to do so). The Jets (if McFadden goes to the Raiders) and the Ravens have shown an indication that they may want him then they will have to deal with the Chiefs to get him.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/blog/2008/04/will_ryan_be_available_at_no_8_1.html

Yes Steelymcmatt he is not top 5 talent but unfortunately the gap between him and the rest might just make him that highly valued.

I think he might even hold the key for the steelers as well. If he goes early then if a team wants Brohm they may get nervous and take him 10 spots earlier than warranted. That #23 spot looks pretty enticing.

Gotta love this time of the year.

steelymcmatt
04-24-2008, 10:04 AM
I think he might even hold the key for the steelers as well. If he goes early then if a team wants Brohm they may get nervous and take him 10 spots earlier than warranted. That #23 spot looks pretty enticing.

Gotta love this time of the year.

I think this is the IDEAL situation....trading out of 23 for a 2nd and 3rd. Just a matter of seeing what draft day brings.

Galax Steeler
04-25-2008, 04:26 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing us trade down and gain a couple more picks.

steelymcmatt
04-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Food for thought.....
Sounds like the Rams are leaning towards Dorsey, which means the Falcons will probably take Ryan. I don't think Al can avoid either McFadden or Gholston which drops Long to the Chiefs and the Jets will get either McFadden or Gholston. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see the Chiefs come back with 17 and take Brohm/Flacco/Henne. That may be the impetus that the Dolphins need to move back up into the 1st and get the qb they covet, whoever that is. According to the new trade chart that would cost them their 2nd and 3rd to get to 23.....I'd jump at that, what about you?