PDA

View Full Version : NFL fines Wilfork for 4th time this season

Pittsburghfan
01-27-2008, 02:04 PM
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - New England Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork has been fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness during the AFC championship game, his fourth fine of the season.

Giants vs. Patriots

The NFL acted after Wilfork received a 15-yard penalty for grabbing the face mask of Chargers running back Michael Turner with his right hand during New England's 21-12 win over San Diego on Jan. 20.

The fine brings Wilfork's total to $37,500 this season.

Wilfork, a first-round draft choice from Miami in 2004, was fined $12,500 for a low, late hit on quarterback J.P. Losman on Buffalo's first series of the third game. Losman missed the rest of that game and the next two with a sprained left knee.

A $5,000 fine was imposed after the sixth game, when Wilfork was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct for a late hit on Dallas tight end Jason Witten.

Wilfork was fined $15,000 after the regular-season finale, when he poked his finger inside the face mask of New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-27-2008, 02:36 PM
I would rather have him suspended without pay for the Super Bowl. He's a dirty player, a peice of trash, and doesn't deserve to be on the field IMHO.

Rhee Rhee
01-29-2008, 02:17 AM
umm what took so long mr.goodell?

how many other offenses are u gonna let him get away with?

jeez if ur not gonna do anything about doing D-head stuff like this y dont u just forget the personal foul penalty...

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2008, 08:07 AM
I think maybe it has more to do with "under the desk" Belichick. If you know what I mean. I'll bet he's in Goodell's office once a week.

BozMan
01-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Fines are having less and less of a deterrent effect. After a player commits about 3 or so offenses normally resulting in a fine, the league should tack on suspensions in addition to the fine. That's the only way to get a POS like Wilfork to stop this crap.

Steeler in Carolina
01-29-2008, 06:18 PM
He should be suspended.