PDA

View Full Version : AMERICA'S GENEROSITY HAS PASSED THE STUPID LINE!

TroysBadDawg
01-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas is a fairly famous institution and for a variety of reasons:

1. John F. Kennedy died there in 1963
2. Lee Harvey Oswald died there shortly after
3. Jack Ruby-who killed Lee Harvey Oswald, died there a few years later...by coincidence

"On the flip side, Parkland is also home to the second busiest maternity ward in the country with almost 16,000 new babies arriving each year. (That's almost 44 per day---every day)

A recent patient survey indicated that 70 percent of the women who gave birth at Parkland in the first three months of 2006 were illegal immigrants. That's 11,200 anchor babies born every year just in Dallas

According to the article, the hospital spent $70.7 million delivering 15,938 babies in 2004 but managed to end up with almost $8 million dollars in surplus funding. Medicaid kicked in $34.5 million, Dallas County taxpayers kicked in $31.3 million and the feds tossed in another $9.5 million.

The average patient in Parkland is maternity wards is 25 years old, married and giving birth to her second child. She is also an illegal immigrant. By law, pregnant women cannot be denied medical care based on their immigration status or ability to pay.

OK, fine. That doesn't mean they should receive better care than everyday, middle-class American citizens. But at Parkland Hospital , they do. " Parkland Memorial Hospital has nine prenatal clinics. NINE.

The Dallas Morning News article followed a Hispanic woman who was a patient at one of the clinics and pregnant with her third child---her previous two were also born at Parkland. Her first two deliveries were free and the Mexican native was grateful because it would have cost $200 to have them in Mexico . This time, the hospital wants her to pay $10 per visit and $100 for the delivery but she was unsure if she could come up with the money. Not that it matters, the hospital won't turn her away. (I wonder why they even bother asking
at this point.)

"How long has this been going on? What are the long-term affects?

Well, another subject of the article was born at Parkland in 1986 shortly after her mother entered the US illegally - now she is having her own child there as well. (That's right, she's technically a US citizen.)

These women receive free prenatal care including medication, nutrition, birthing classes and child care classes. They also get freebies such as car seats, bottles, diapers and formula.

Most of these things are available to American citizens as well but only for low-income applicants and even then, the red tape involved is almost insurmountable.

Because these women are illegal immigrants, they do not have to provide any sort of legitimate identification - no proof of income. An American citizen would have to provide a social security number which would reveal their annual income - an illegal immigrant need only claim to be poor and the hospital must take them at their word. Parkland Hospital offers indigent care to Dallas County residents who earn less than $40,000 per year. (They also have to prove that they did not refuse health coverage at their current job. Yeah, the 'free' care is not so easy for Americans.) There are about 140 patients who received roughly $4 million dollars for un-reimbursed medical care.. As it turns out, they did not qualify for free treatment because they resided outside of Dallas County so the hospital is going to sue them!

Illegals get it all free!

But U. S citizens who live outside of Dallas County get sued! How stupid is this?

As if that isn't annoying enough, the illegal immigrant patients are actually complaining about hospital staff not speaking Spanish. In this AP story, the author speaks with a woman who is upset that she had to translate comments from the hospital staff into Spanish for her husband. The doctor was trying to explain the situation to the family and the mother was forced to translate for her husband who only spoke Spanish. This was apparently a great injustice to her.

In an attempt to create a Spanish-speaking staff, Parkland Hospital is now providing incentives in the form of extra pay for applicants who speak Spanish. Additionally, medical students at the University of Texas Southwestern for which Parkland Hospital is the training facility will now have a Spanish language requirement added to their already jammed-packed curriculum. No other school in the country boasts such a ridiculous multi-semester (multicultural) requirement.

(Sorry for the length, but this needs wide circulation particularly to our
"employees" in Congress.)

Remember that this is only ONE hospital is Dallas , Texas . There are many more hospitals across our country that also have to deal with this.

If you want to verify accuracy:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/parkland.asp

<http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/parkland.asp>

stlrtruck
01-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Dare I ask about hospitals in Florida?

GBMelBlount
01-28-2008, 11:31 AM

I'm sure when they get their "one time amnesty" that 15 million more illegals won't come flooding in. I can't wait to find out when "white history month" will be.

fansince'76
01-28-2008, 11:49 AM
"Uncle Sam?" More like "Uncle Sap." :usa: The bitching about the staff's inability to speak Spanish is what really ticked me off. They should be happy that they weren't turned over to the USCIS and had their asses kicked back over the border. But of course, our political-correctness-run-amok society will accomodate them.

stlrtruck
01-28-2008, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=fansince'76;361360, our political-correctness-run-amok society will accomodate them.[/QUOTE]

WOW - just when I thought being PC couldn't be any more of a P-I-T-A, you take it one step farther.

But what's sad is that you are correct!

HometownGal
01-28-2008, 01:07 PM
I knew the "system" was being milked by the illegals, but holy moly - I NEVER imagined it was to this degree. :mad: There are 47 million AMERICANS without health insurance. Our country does not take care of its own- never has and the way it looks - never will. That is beyond pathetic.

SteelCityMan786
01-28-2008, 05:32 PM
I knew the "system" was being milked by the illegals, but holy moly - I NEVER imagined it was to this degree. :mad: There are 47 million AMERICANS without health insurance. Our country does not take care of its own- never has and the way it looks - never will. That is beyond pathetic.

Yep, I knew some things in our health care was fishy. For me though, it's just with some groups. I have family working in the health care system. Some of the people I have heard that run their departments can be real boneheads at times.

silver & black
01-28-2008, 06:06 PM
A candidate's stance on illegal immigration will weigh heavily on my decision this time around. There are a lot of pressing issues to address, but this one really needs to be amoung the top priorities... its out of hand.

MasterOfPuppets
01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
lol.....this little story is just the BEGINNING......of what our "new little countrymen" (:rolleyes:) is going to cost taxpayers !!! figure in welfare , medical,and schooling for the NEXT 18 YEARS !!! Then our little countrymen starts breeding like a rat, and starts the cycle all over again.....anyone care to take a wild guess as to what each new one cost taxpayers ???:jawdrop:guess

TroysBadDawg
01-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Not to hijack this thread but look at the school systems also. Here in Ohio well Troy we have to show shot records, birth certificates, school records if transfering etc. It you speak a foreigh language, all they are alowed to ask is what grade you want them in. No record request of any kind. Not even green card. The school district must pay for the interpreture for the kids, plus pay for ESL (English Second Language) classes for them also. This is also a crock of crap, then throw in no child left behind, and they wonder why kids are not learning. They have to educate all at the same speed, the speed of the slowest in the class, and the taxpayers pay for it, and the teachers are over worked, under payed, while the administrators get the biggest share of the oney for pushing paper.

Ooops this is just my opinion (the pay part.)

TroysBadDawg
01-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm sure when they get their "one time amnesty" that 15 million more illegals won't come flooding in. I can't wait to find out when "white history month" will be.

Isn't this actually the second time or third time the government is granting amnesty? I Think I remember two other times, I do remember one other time. Does someone else remember and help this old mind.

Rhee Rhee
01-29-2008, 02:29 AM

just imagine what it's like here in Hawaii...

TroysBadDawg
01-29-2008, 03:10 PM
just imagine what it's like here in Hawaii...

I would love to know what it is like in Hawaii Rhee Rhee, got room for one more? I don't eat much, I take up very little room, awww forget it, can't afford the air fair.

Although I think the problem you have in the islands is the Japanese and Chinese not the Hispanics.

MasterOfPuppets
01-29-2008, 05:19 PM
I would love to know what it is like in Hawaii Rhee Rhee, got room for one more? I don't eat much, I take up very little room, awww forget it, can't afford the air fair.

Although I think the problem you have in the islands is the Japanese and Chinese not the Hispanics.actually,from what i observed, it was phillipino's and vietnemese.

TroysBadDawg
01-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Please don't get me started on the Vietnamese. The Americans brought them here after the war and some were NVA high ranking officers. They got protection from our government, tax pardons for 10 years (no taxes paid), plus more aid than any three Americans put together. Now the Dem's are doing it again with the Hispanics here.

Stlrs4Life
01-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Please don't get me started on the Vietnamese. The Americans brought them here after the war and some were NVA high ranking officers. They got protection from our government, tax pardons for 10 years (no taxes paid), plus more aid than any three Americans put together. Now the Dem's are doing it again with the Hispanics here.

???? We have a Rep President. What has he done about this?

Nothing.

TroysBadDawg
01-31-2008, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=Stlrs4Life;361946]???? We have a Rep President. What has he done about this?

The sad fact of the matter there is little he can do. Congress makes the laws, not the President, he can try to push congress into acting but now he is a lame duck with the opposing party in power. They care about votes they may get, not the people who voted them into office.

What concerns me is that the IRS has the names and address of illegals working in this country , because they will be getting the same refund checks legal citizens are going to get. Now if the IRS knows who they are and where they are, why doesn't INS. I thought after 9-11 all branches were supposed to share information, or are some just turning their back on it and sending reports to the shredder?

I feel if the American people don't stand up for what is theirs before it is all lost shame on them. We as a nation have become to apathetic, let the other guy do it. When in fact no one is doing it and Congress is all to happy to take it all away, for more themselves, in money and votes. How many of you would love to be able to give your self raises? Congress does it every year plus other perks we as tax payers can only dream of. Why because the voting public allows it. They don't care they don't read the issues and worse over 50% don't even vote.

It should be a law that every able American must vote and know the issues, then maybe just maybe something could be done. The liberal media tells us what they want us to know and nothing more, People are to lazy to go find out what they are not being told, and to brain washed by the media to believe what they may accidentally find out is in direct opposition to what the media is reporting.

Well I better shut up, before I piss off someone else. So rant off.

May God Bless

stlrtruck
01-31-2008, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Stlrs4Life;361946]???? We have a Rep President. What has he done about this?

The sad fact of the matter there is little he can do. Congress makes the laws, not the President, he can try to push congress into acting but now he is a lame duck with the opposing party in power. They care about votes they may get, not the people who voted them into office.

What concerns me is that the IRS has the names and address of illegals working in this country , because they will be getting the same refund checks legal citizens are going to get. Now if the IRS knows who they are and where they are, why doesn't INS. I thought after 9-11 all branches were supposed to share information, or are some just turning their back on it and sending reports to the shredder?

I feel if the American people don't stand up for what is theirs before it is all lost shame on them. We as a nation have become to apathetic, let the other guy do it. When in fact no one is doing it and Congress is all to happy to take it all away, for more themselves, in money and votes. How many of you would love to be able to give your self raises? Congress does it every year plus other perks we as tax payers can only dream of. Why because the voting public allows it. They don't care they don't read the issues and worse over 50% don't even vote.

It should be a law that every able American must vote and know the issues, then maybe just maybe something could be done. The liberal media tells us what they want us to know and nothing more, People are to lazy to go find out what they are not being told, and to brain washed by the media to believe what they may accidentally find out is in direct opposition to what the media is reporting.

Well I better shut up, before I piss off someone else. So rant off.

May God Bless

Don't hold back now!!! Pretend you were talking to Romeo.

TroysBadDawg
02-02-2008, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=TroysBadDawg;362068]

Don't hold back now!!! Pretend you were talking to Romeo.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

yaa right and get booted for sure. Please don't get me started.

Lets just say people are to willing to let the politicians take what they want, say what they want, promise what they want knowing full well they are lying out of both sides of their mouths at the same time, because the lobbiest own their votes, not the public who elect them. Yet the voters continue to blindly re-elect them. I personally would love to see none of the above on the ballot, in fact I have more than once wrote that in. Even when someone is running unopposed. What would the parties do if that was mandatory and none of the above won? Finally the people would no longer have the excuse of saying they were voting for the lesser of two evils. Bounce them both. This country needs three or four parties to have candidates running, but the two have made sure they have a lock that no other party can have a candidate run.

But this is just my opinion, what is yours?

silver & black
02-03-2008, 09:57 AM

Lets just say people are to willing to let the politicians take what they want, say what they want, promise what they want knowing full well they are lying out of both sides of their mouths at the same time, because the lobbiest own their votes, not the public who elect them. Yet the voters continue to blindly re-elect them. I personally would love to see none of the above on the ballot, in fact I have more than once wrote that in. Even when someone is running unopposed. What would the parties do if that was mandatory and none of the above won? Finally the people would no longer have the excuse of saying they were voting for the lesser of two evils. Bounce them both. This country needs three or four parties to have candidates running, but the two have made sure they have a lock that no other party can have a candidate run.

The same as your's.

[QUOTE]I feel if the American people don't stand up for what is theirs before it is all lost shame on them. We as a nation have become to apathetic, let the other guy do it. When in fact no one is doing it and Congress is all to happy to take it all away, for more themselves, in money and votes. How many of you would love to be able to give your self raises? Congress does it every year plus other perks we as tax payers can only dream of. Why because the voting public allows it. They don't care they don't read the issues and worse over 50% don't even vote.

I also think tthat the 50% or so, that do vote, should know what they are voting for. "I won't vote for Romney because he's a Mormon". "I won't vote for Huckabee because he's a right wing Christian." I won't vote for Hillary because she's a woman".

I understand that some of those arguments may play a part in why someone wouldn't vote for them, but I would hope that the real reason would be because they just don't agree with what these candidates stand for. Sadly, I don't think many people that do vote, even know what they are voting for... or why. There should be some kind of test given to see if a person is even capable of making an informed choice, instead of just going in the booth and pushing buttons. I know... thats another whole can of worms... its election year, and I'm not happy... again... with the choices of candidates being shoved down my throat... by either party.

I hope I live long enough to see a 3 or 4 party system in this country... and some real, viable candidates running in all of them. Then again... it would probably just be double the BS and regurgitated, tired rhetoric spewed by the 1% that rules America now.

"We the people".................. what a joke.

stlrtruck
02-04-2008, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=stlrtruck;362075]

If you watched the pre-game show they had a reading of the declaration of independence and after it was done the comment was made that the commercial should be sent to DC for all the idiots there to watch it.

I had an idea that I think would benefit the actual voters in this country and not the lobbiest. Here it is - on each representatives and senators website is a list of upcoming items to vote on. There must be detailed information about each vote and what the bill contains. Then each person gets to register to the website, cast a vote, and the politician MUST vote for the option that gets the majority of the votes from the population - not the lobbiest!

One day everything will take care of itself - I believe it's called ARMAGEDDON, TRIBULATION, or RAPTURE - take your pick!

TroysBadDawg
02-05-2008, 01:42 AM
[QUOTE=TroysBadDawg;362639]

One day everything will take care of itself - I believe it's called ARMAGEDDON, TRIBULATION, or RAPTURE - take your pick!

I think that is what it would take to straighten this mess out. Because I doubt that congress would allow it to be straighted out any other way. Besides another revolution, and they are wanting to take away out guns to prevent that. But that is just my opinion.

Hammer67
02-05-2008, 01:45 PM
It baffles me that everyone isn't royally pissed off about illegal immigration. I mean, why, exactly is this a partisan issue? What, in the wide world of sports, is the opposing argument to securing the borders and protecting our health care system?

stlrtruck
02-05-2008, 02:26 PM
It baffles me that everyone isn't royally pissed off about illegal immigration. I mean, why, exactly is this a partisan issue? What, in the wide world of sports, is the opposing argument to securing the borders and protecting our health care system?

Oh well we could take the PC approach and determine that it's not good foreign relations...but here's what I say to those foreign relations...

WE DON'T NEED THEM - SEE YA!!!

NOW BUILD A WALL FOR THEM ALL TO DO THIS WHEN THEY GET TO THE BORDER!!!! :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

Hammer67
02-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Oh well we could take the PC approach and determine that it's not good foreign relations...but here's what I say to those foreign relations...

WE DON'T NEED THEM - SEE YA!!!

NOW BUILD A WALL FOR THEM ALL TO DO THIS WHEN THEY GET TO THE BORDER!!!! :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

That PC argument has absolutley no basis in reality. That's why I am not a liberal...I value logic too much. :wink02:

stlrtruck
02-06-2008, 07:43 AM
That PC argument has absolutley no basis in reality. That's why I am not a liberal...I value logic too much. :wink02:

I agree but it seems that our current rank of politicians have fabricated being liberal as a way of life to get along with the rest of the world.

Unfortunately, we can shoot them (the liberals) or send them to 3rd world countries.

TroysBadDawg
02-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Why don't we send them to 3rd world countries with a one way ticket. Let them teach them to love us, when they accomplish that they are allowed back. But they can no longer give away our money, food, or any other thing we have here. We need to start taking care of our own.

And Put them on Social Security like the rest of us, they should be no better off than us. They screwed it up, so they should also live with it. Wonder what we would have to do to force them onto Social Security and take them off thier golden parachute.