PDA

View Full Version : Who is a Giants fan this week?

Steelerfreak58
01-28-2008, 10:31 AM
I have never rooted for another team before in my life except for the Black and Gold. However, this weekend will be an exception for me. COME ON ELI whip the SHIT out of Marsha and the Patriots!

Anyone else feel like this?:cheer:

jjpro11
01-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Ummmmm.............. Who isn't?? :dang:

exactly

memphissteelergirl
01-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Who is a Giants fan this week?

Answer: Pretty much all the fans of the other 30 teams in the league! :wink02:

Borski
01-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Who is a Giants fan this week?

Answer: Pretty much all the fans of the other 30 teams in the league! :wink02:

Which team besides the pats is rooting for the pats?

Anyways, count me in!! Go G-Men

http://forums.qj.net/images/nfl/New_York_Giants.gif

kmsteelerwr15
01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG-MEN!!!!!!!!

Steeler in Carolina
01-28-2008, 05:00 PM
:thumbsup::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Go Giants.

stillers4me
01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
I can't root for Eli to win..........I'll just root for the Pats* to lose.

silver & black
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Other than the New England area... I would think pretty much the whole free world will be Giants fans.

Unfortunately, it won't matter... the Patriots are going to destroy the Giants.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-28-2008, 06:07 PM
I can't root for Eli to win..........I'll just root for the Pats* to lose.

I'm with you on this one. Not a fan of Eli but no way do I root for the Patsies.

verks36
01-28-2008, 06:24 PM
I will be at the bowl And I will be repping the GMEN

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-28-2008, 06:28 PM
I am:tt02:

touchdownward
01-28-2008, 07:36 PM
I wish there was some way they could both lose.

Sour grapes for me. :yummy:

Godfather
01-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Go Meteor!

Barring that, go Giants.

Rhee Rhee
01-29-2008, 02:11 AM
psh dont cheer for eli... cheer for PLAXICO... im looking for him to have a record breaking day!! go plax!!!

stlrtruck
01-29-2008, 08:10 AM
With the exception of the 6 states it takes to make up the patria-cheats fanbase, who isn't a giants fan this weekend.

I've played scenarios over and over in my head and here's what I come up with as the best possible ending to the Super Bowl -

1) With 5 minutes to go, the Giants are up by 3 but brady drives down the field 67 yards for the W with only 1:58 left on the clock and 1 time out for the giants - BUT WAIT for it

2) On the ensuing kick off, the ball goes out of bounds and eli takes over at the 40

3) Eli drives the team 55 yards in a 1:23. With the clocked stopped he gathers his team to call the final plays. He drops back, looks downfield, gets hit, fumbles the ball - game over - NO WAIT, upon farther review Eli Manning is a recepient of THE TUCK RULE - new life for the G-men.

4) With 15 seconds left Eli hits Plax for the go ahead score

5) On the ensuing kickoff the patria-cheats get the ball to the g-men 48 with only enough time for a few plays.

6) Goat boy drops back trying to get his team inside the 30 for the game tying FG but as drills a laser to Welker, the defender jumps the route and intercepts brady to seal the game

Hey a man can dream can't he!!!!

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2008, 08:17 AM
I really don't care who wins...I wanted the Packers to be in it. So Favre could have a crack at one more ring. He deserves it admist all the criticism he's taken over the last few years. If it weren't for Eli, I'd be rooting for the Pats. I don't care for any other players on the Giants. And I hope they win and give Tiki a nice big sh itburger to eat!!! 'Eli's leadership skills laughable'.? Hey Tiki, look where they are WITHOUT YOU!!!

The Duke
01-29-2008, 11:32 AM
can't say I am

I honestly don't care who wins it, so I'm not gonna root for any of them

if the giants win, then congrats to them for ruining the pats perfect season. If the pats win they'll be considered a dynasty, so congrats to them, right now I don't care about he spygate or anything, if goodell doesn't do anything about it then I guess we'll just have to live with it

so..........go steelers in 2008 :tt02:

sherlock
01-29-2008, 12:46 PM
I`m not really bothered who wins,it`s just gonna be so good to watch a game of football!
Anyway the big game is on September 9th this year! :smile:

Steelman16
01-29-2008, 06:17 PM
I'll be rooting for the G-men to put the hurtin' on Tom and the Patriacheats*.

:tt02:

TheWarDen86
01-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Let's go BIG BLUE!!!

SteelersMongol
01-30-2008, 05:11 AM
Go Giants! (can't believe I'm even saying this.) & puck the cheaters, puck the Fatriots!

Elvis
02-02-2008, 06:20 AM
G--- I---A----N----T-----S---
Here we go Giants...
Here we go!!!
:tt02:

Kittyfish
02-02-2008, 09:27 AM
I have a little 10 year old son of a friend who stayed over last night with my son. He saw me here on a football forum and sat down with me to chat a bit. He informs me he is a Patriots fan, and when he grows up, he wants to play either for the Pats or the Colts - he's not really a Steelers fan. They haven't done much this year or last. Um, excuse me. I informed him (as nicely as I could) that the Colts might have won the SB last year but it was the first time in ages, and the Pats are only recently a good team, and had been caught cheating. And that the Steelers did win the SB a couple of years ago - that wasn't good enough for him? Then he tells me that he has been a Pats fan "for a pretty long time". Hee! The kid's 10 years old.

I am rooting for the Giants today. Not that it will do any good - I also told my little friend that I'm sure he will get his wish and the Patriots will indeed win. He told me not to worry - I'd be a Patriots fan soon. I KNOW he's only 10, but fer Gawd's sake. I can only take so much. I told him he might not want to continue reading over my shoulder - there weren't too many Patriots fans here and he might not want to see much more since he's a fan.

I have to say that I was really hoping that the Packers or the Colts would win to play today - I thought they had a more legitimate chance to beat the Patriots. But I'm beginning to think the 07 Giants might be like the 05 Steelers - underdogs, winning road games with no one giving them a chance....who knows?

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2008, 09:35 AM
I have a little 10 year old son of a friend who stayed over last night with my son. He saw me here on a football forum and sat down with me to chat a bit. He informs me he is a Patriots fan, and when he grows up, he wants to play either for the Pats or the Colts - he's not really a Steelers fan. They haven't done much this year or last. Um, excuse me. I informed him (as nicely as I could) that the Colts might have won the SB last year but it was the first time in ages, and the Pats are only recently a good team, and had been caught cheating. And that the Steelers did win the SB a couple of years ago - that wasn't good enough for him? Then he tells me that he has been a Pats fan "for a pretty long time". Hee! The kid's 10 years old.

I am rooting for the Giants today. Not that it will do any good - I also told my little friend that I'm sure he will get his wish and the Patriots will indeed win. He told me not to worry - I'd be a Patriots fan soon. I KNOW he's only 10, but fer Gawd's sake. I can only take so much. I told him he might not want to continue reading over my shoulder - there weren't too many Patriots fans here and he might not want to see much more since he's a fan.

I have to say that I was really hoping that the Packers or the Colts would win to play today - I thought they had a more legitimate chance to beat the Patriots. But I'm beginning to think the 07 Giants might be like the 05 Steelers - underdogs, winning road games with no one giving them a chance....who knows?

You gotta show the little guy the "Thank you" thread....(My 10 year old neighbor pulled the same stunt with being a Patriots* fan this year....I asked him to name a player outside of Randy Moss and Tom Brady.....it was a very short conversation)

Kittyfish
02-02-2008, 09:44 AM
I saw your other thread, LLT, and thought it was very good. I always enjoy your posts.

I'm just going to let this slide, I think. I've been kind of hard on the poor little guy already. He'll grow out of it. [small voice] My own son used to be a Cardinals fan. Why? Because he thought that cardinals (the bird) are pretty. He's not a football fan in particular (where have I gone wrong?) but does root for the Steelers now. [/small voice] My little friend is jumping on a winning bandwagon, which is not surprising - many grown folks do it as well. He's only 10 - he'll get over it, once the Pats aren't a good team anymore and start losing. And, at some point, they will. Karma's a b itch.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2008, 09:53 AM
I saw your other thread, LLT, and thought it was very good. I always enjoy your posts.

I'm just going to let this slide, I think. I've been kind of hard on the poor little guy already. He'll grow out of it. [small voice] My own son used to be a Cardinals fan. Why? Because he thought that cardinals (the bird) are pretty. He's not a football fan in particular (where have I gone wrong?) but does root for the Steelers now. [/small voice] My little friend is jumping on a winning bandwagon, which is not surprising - many grown folks do it as well. He's only 10 - he'll get over it, once the Pats aren't a good team anymore and start losing. And, at some point, they will. Karma's a b itch.

I know what you mean...my 13 year old son (born and raised a Steeler fan) is dealing with a lot of the junior high bandwagon jumpers...Its driving him crazy. You can bet he will be cheering for the Giants!!!