PDA

View Full Version : Joe Grushecky documentary available now!

Mosca
01-28-2008, 10:55 PM
"A GOOD LIFE:
THE JOE GRUSHECKY STORY" (http://www.flatbrokeproductions.com/agoodlifemovie.htm)

Anyone old enough remembers Brick Alley and then The Iron City Houserockers just BLOWING UP The Decade in the late '70s and early '80s, and then Joe Grushecky's solo career; the man is still making music in addition to being a special education teacher at Wesley Highland High in the 'Burgh.

His music has been the music of my life. Those of you who haven't heard it, listen to "A Good Life"...

DoZ4olrxr7o

HometownGal
01-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Tom - I love Joe Grushecky! :thumbsup: Every time he makes an appearance around here, I'm there. I've been following Joe since the mid 80's. Not only is he an awesome performer, he's a great guy too and loves to interact with his fans. Thanks for posting the Good Life video - I really enjoyed it! :cheers:

stlrtruck
01-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Great song! Thanks for posting (of course the song would be better if he didn't have the two cats - LOL)

Mosca
01-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Great song! Thanks for posting (of course the song would be better if he didn't have the two cats - LOL)

You have to make that concession to the ladies...

HTG, I lived 2 blocks from The Decade from '78 through '87; many a night I spent yelling out, "I'M LUCKY! I CAN STILL ROCK AND ROLL!" at 2 AM.

HometownGal
01-29-2008, 09:01 AM
HTG, I lived 2 blocks from The Decade from '78 through '87; many a night I spent yelling out, "I'M LUCKY! I CAN STILL ROCK AND ROLL!" at 2 AM.

You and I were probably at a lot of the same performances. "Stay With Me Tonight" is one of my fave Grushecky tunes! :cheers:

Mosca
02-16-2008, 09:00 AM
I got my copy this week and I've watched it twice; this is a GREAT Pittsburgh story. HTG, Grushecky says "Stay With Me" was the first song he wrote that he thought was really good!

Lots of great R&R in here, and in the extras... TWO clips of the Houserockers, one from '78 and one from '79; you can see how much tighter the band got in 8 months. AND, one clip of Grushecky performing "Beauty Fades" solo acoustic. What a beautiful song.

Here is a link (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6562992) to an NPR interview from 12/06 in which he plays a couple bars of "Beauty Fades" and reflects on his career so far; good stuff. And I highly recommend dropping $17 on the video. Alternately, you can see it in the theater next Thursday:

http://www.grushecky.com/AGoodLife/announcement.jpg

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2008, 10:40 AM
This is probably one song that makes me wish I actually could have one day back in Pittsburgh again. I guess since I pretty much have a shit load of an inner Pittsburgh, I guess I should look at living there in my future. lol. Joe has had this thing stuck in my mind for awhile.

Oj51DuSEmK4

Mosca
02-16-2008, 06:20 PM
This is probably one song that makes me wish I actually could have one day back in Pittsburgh again. I guess since I pretty much have a shit load of an inner Pittsburgh, I guess I should look at living there in my future. lol. Joe has had this thing stuck in my mind for awhile.

Oj51DuSEmK4

Sigh; that was GREAT.