PDA

View Full Version : Why is Jerramy Stevens still in the NFL?

jjpro11
01-29-2008, 12:44 AM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

this ******* belongs along the ranks of ray lewis and rae carruth. i knew he was a jackass from all the super bowl hype, but didnt realize how disgusting he actually is. i cant believe fans would support a guy like this.. if the steelers ever brought him in (which they never will), i'd boo the hell out of him.

ShutDown24
01-29-2008, 01:28 AM
He had a pretty good year with Tampa actually I think but yeah...

CASTEEL
01-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Too many instances of that crap in the NFL for my tastes..... in all of our National Sports actually...

Crushzilla
01-29-2008, 01:53 AM
I read about half of it and then stopped...

Who would write this? Especially about a guy who's long gone.

Also, this all happened in the Northwest. Was this not public knowledge about Stevens to the people of Seattle?

Maybe the article finally sheds some light on these questions, but I have no interest in investing my time into two beat writers turning a horrific story about an unfortunate girl into a "hell, its a long off-season filler piece."

Unbelieeevable!

P.S. I did read the last two paragraphs to see where this was going and it basically ends like this.

"We knew Jeremy had some issues, but Holmgren vouched for him... after all... he is a hell of an athlete."

Looks like the Walrus' decision to announce his lame duck last hurrah is already warranting an official "throw the prick under the bus" strategy.

WOW! I'M SHOCKED!

The people of Seattle unable to take responsibility for their own shortcomings! :jawdrop:

The 12th man, ladies and gentlemen... The most diehard fans in the game! Willing to dedicate their Sunday afternoons to sitting in the stands, sipping their mocha lattes, and unanimously place the blame on anyone, but their own.

Walrus... flop into the Pacific now before its too late!

Rhee Rhee
01-29-2008, 02:10 AM
this guy is a complete idiot... he should be playing in the AAFL not chris leak... he doesnt know what he's doin... hated him from the superbowl and haven't stopped since... this will only increase my hatetred for him..

The Duke
01-29-2008, 06:23 AM
normally I'd make a joke about him dropping the ball on this one, but it just doesn't seem correct

I had no idea about this guy's past, and all I can say it's I'm shocked! I knew he ha attitude problems, but this is way too far

get this trash outta the FL goodell, clean the league's name before it's too late

Jerramy, Vick- they're all scumbags

STEELtownHAVOX
01-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Re: Why is Jerramy Stevens still in the NFL?

"because everybody deserves a chance..."

yeh, how many chances can the bum get? he obviously can't learn from his mistakes. scrub, how's he not in jail.

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2008, 08:04 AM
I hated Stevens since SB XL. He didn't back up any of his trash talk. And Peezy was right...he is soft. I didn't bother reading the article since he would Stevens is a waste of my time. Guess I'm wondering why I even responded. But he's straight up trash. No new article needed to establish that for me.

Counselor
01-29-2008, 08:58 AM
I hated Stevens since SB XL. He didn't back up any of his trash talk. And Peezy was right...he is soft. I didn't bother reading the article since he would Stevens is a waste of my time. Guess I'm wondering why I even responded. But he's straight up trash. No new article needed to establish that for me.

Yeah--- Peezy was also right when he said you wouldn't want to "walk down a dark alley" with him.

jjpro11
01-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I read about half of it and then stopped...

Who would write this? Especially about a guy who's long gone.

Also, this all happened in the Northwest. Was this not public knowledge about Stevens to the people of Seattle?

Maybe the article finally sheds some light on these questions, but I have no interest in investing my time into two beat writers turning a horrific story about an unfortunate girl into a "hell, its a long off-season filler piece."

Unbelieeevable!

P.S. I did read the last two paragraphs to see where this was going and it basically ends like this.

"We knew Jeremy had some issues, but Holmgren vouched for him... after all... he is a hell of an athlete."

Looks like the Walrus' decision to announce his lame duck last hurrah is already warranting an official "throw the prick under the bus" strategy.

WOW! I'M SHOCKED!

The people of Seattle unable to take responsibility for their own shortcomings! :jawdrop:

The 12th man, ladies and gentlemen... The most diehard fans in the game! Willing to dedicate their Sunday afternoons to sitting in the stands, sipping their mocha lattes, and unanimously place the blame on anyone, but their own.

Walrus... flop into the Pacific now before its too late!

i didnt read the entire thing either.. i scanned over the second half after it was established that he is a rapist. people can get sick from reading that much dirt.

Steeler in Carolina
01-29-2008, 06:21 PM
I agree with not reading part. I can't understand why this article is even written. Some of this stuff was 8 years ago.

NJarhead
01-29-2008, 07:58 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

this ******* belongs along the ranks of ray lewis and rae carruth. i knew he was a jackass from all the super bowl hype, but didnt realize how disgusting he actually is. i cant believe fans would support a guy like this.. if the steelers ever brought him in (which they never will), i'd boo the hell out of him.

WOW! I had no idea he was that level of a scumbag.

Godfather
01-29-2008, 10:25 PM
I agree with not reading part. I can't understand why this article is even written. Some of this stuff was 8 years ago.

Was the issue him, or Neuheisel? Jerramy's rap sheet came up recently due to his college coach being hired at UCLA after a long history of running thug programs.

jjpro11
01-30-2008, 01:05 AM
Was the issue him, or Neuheisel? Jerramy's rap sheet came up recently due to his college coach being hired at UCLA after a long history of running thug programs.

they are both scum in my mind.

sherlock
01-30-2008, 03:42 AM
Whilst looking on the net about this case I was shocked to discover that 21% of players on the current NFL roster are felons!
The reason?..........

Godfather
01-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Whilst looking on the net about this case I was shocked to discover that 21% of players on the current NFL roster are felons!
The reason?..........

Probably development...a lot of places, talented athletes get a free pass when they get in trouble off the field, especially in high school. So they learn that they can get away with that kind of behavior.

You or I do that ***, we go to PMITA Prison.

Steelman16
04-05-2008, 10:39 AM
"Sometimes," Allen said, "you have to give people a chance."

And sometimes, you run out of chances. :wave:

Galax Steeler
04-05-2008, 05:10 PM
I never really liked the guy I think he has a attutude problem.

Steel Buckeye
04-19-2008, 07:53 AM
I don't like him either, he belongs in prison, not the NFL.

Elvis
04-20-2008, 06:15 PM
I thought the guy was playing somewhere but I didnt know where. The guy had so much potential and just never played up to them.
:helmet:

steelwall
04-21-2008, 03:29 AM
I read the whole thing....whewww...

All I can say is that this sort is the worst of the worst. Deserving of a chance in the NFL???? Gotta be kidding, I'd have to question my own lifelong loyalty to my team if it ever hired someone like this.... (given all these statements in the article to be correct)

Edit:

Just to add to this....

1) One thing I can't ignore is how this Seattle writter writes this story after Stevens is gone (not to say Stevens is innocent of anything he's been charged with) but the last incident reported was while Stevens was a Seahawk, and this is just comming out this January??? I question the authors motives... Are you truely reporting on what you feel is right?? Or did you turn a blind eye to this peice while Stevens was in your city??

2) I know the Steelers would never hire a guy with this much dirt. NEVER...

Willem Gerber
04-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Why is he still in the NFL.The NFL must never allow a player with a criminal record to play.

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, one thing could be because only the impact players draw the real Ire of the press, Pacman Jones, Michael Vick, Reggie Williams. When a Never Was like this bumb has a "checkered" or "sordid" or "effing criminal" past, who really cares. He doesn't beat "my team" in the "big game" why should I care. Let the law, and the NFL do their thing, as long as he isn't catching 8 passes a game for 120 yards and 2 tds, why do I care or why would I want to make it a topic on my local sports talk radio show?

That's just my opinion. Personally, this guy should be out of the league, not because of his past, but because seriously...He Is NOT that good!!!