PDA

View Full Version : getintoamericanfootball

sherlock
01-29-2008, 03:45 AM
I`ve just found a great site for NFL novices!...

http://www.getintoamericanfootball.com/

It`s a site that caters for complete beginners and deals with grassroots American Football in the UK.
It covers everything from the rules,plays,refereeing,playing,volunteering to equipment worn by the players.
No doubt for those of you brought up with American Football this site will seem VERY basic but for beginners like myself it is a mine of information.

ShutDown24
01-29-2008, 04:03 AM
Glad you stumbled across it. You have a looooong time to study up over the off-season lol. You have really impressed me with really wanting to learn the game. A lot of out of country people often come and say they want to but give up after a very short time period.

sherlock
01-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Glad you stumbled across it. You have a looooong time to study up over the off-season lol. You have really impressed me with really wanting to learn the game. A lot of out of country people often come and say they want to but give up after a very short time period.

Thanks ShutDown24!
You are so right about the off-season,for me it`s the worst thing about the NFL.
I can`t believe how long it is....I understand wear and tear,recuperation etc but I still think it should be a lot longer!
The most similar game is rugby and they play a huge amount more games.
I don`t know the statistics for offense and defense plays but say for arguments sake it`s 50-50 then the players work 8 hours a year!!!!!.....only joking....sort off!
Thank you for your encouragement. :thumbsup:

Steeler in Carolina
01-29-2008, 07:30 PM
While the off season is long, it can be very interesting. You have teams cutting players before March 1 for cap reasons. Then, the draft is in April. Then, another round of cuts to save cap space. All along, free agents are signing places. So, the off season (or business season) can get interesting.