PDA

View Full Version : upcoming movies

lilyoder6
01-29-2008, 07:38 PM
i thought i would start this for ppl to talk about upcoming movies, see what they are excited to come out, etc.

i am excited to see step up 2 coming out on feb 14..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8P9leqyY20 (cool trailer)

i am excited to see iron man, hulk 2.

revefsreleets
01-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Hulk 2 should be really good. I was a fan of the first when many (well, most) weren't, because I understood exactly why the decision was made to have Ang Lee direct. Spiderman had unexpected critical acclaim because of the human side of the story, and Ang Lee is an incredible storyteller. Unfortunately, America wanted "Smash 'em up" Hulk and not to see the torture and self loathing and human suffering side of the Hulk. That, and the end sucked bad.

If you want proof, Hulk 1 is one of the rarest of rare movies where the critics rated it higher than the general public did. No offense, but the general public is a bunch of crazed yahoos who are generally about 10 IQ points above idiocy.

I digress. They set up 2 beautifully by having 1 be about the pain and suffering...now Hulk can just go wreak havoc and Bruce Banner can strive to find a cure for the Gamma radiation and all is right in the World.

lilyoder6
01-30-2008, 08:17 PM
yeah, int eh 2nd hulk there is abomination that was created... and i guess they have a conflict.. lol.. i wonder if the rock is going to be the actor for captain america??

revefsreleets
01-30-2008, 08:21 PM
All I know is that Stan Lee is going to die an insanely rich man. Marvel Comics movies are generating billions now...