PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Like GNCC Racing?

Elvis
01-29-2008, 07:53 PM
:thumbsup: I love this GNCC racing, it has ATV's and Dirt Bikes, BIG and little, young and old. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this racing that goes on across the whole eastern and southern america. I raced this series for 3 years on a Quad, or an ATV for those unfamiliar with All Terrain Vehicles are also known to racers and fans as Quads. I raced a 2004 Yamaha YFZ450. I never finished any higher than 14th in this series, but I loved the competition and being on the starting line with over 30 racers in my class... now thats an addreniline rush for ya.
Here is a schedule for the 2008 season and I hope someone will chat with me about this series. Have Fun and God Bless

Elvis
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM
http://www.gnccracing.com/images/08GNCCSched.jpg

Elvis
01-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Does anyone know where this somerset, PA is and have you ever been there?

YFZrider
02-05-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm a huge fan and a racer myself. I've been brought up on atvs and I love to ride and race. I have also had the privilege of growing up and riding with many GNCC pros. I live in Washington WV and we have more than our fair share of talent nearby. Chris Jenks, Adam McGill, Chad Duvall, Thad Duvall, and Doug Blackwell all live within 20 minutes of my house. Chris Jenks lives just a couple minutes from me and I'm lucky enough to be able to practice with him every now and then. Chris was third in the nation a year ago and has just been brought on by Can-Am and will probably be faster than ever. I never won anything either, but it was still a lot of fun. The number 2 man in atv GNCC lives not far from Pittsburgh, Chris Borich is from Sunbury Pa. Somerset is about 60 miles se of Pittsburgh on 76 east. Hope to talk more soon!:tt02:

Elvis
02-06-2008, 05:39 AM
:cheers:
Welcome to the fever..
Good to see someone here likes the GNCC. I love it and it is so competitive and wide open. Yeh, I have seen and talked to some of the racers, like William Yokely and Borich. I really pull for the champ Bill Ballance. But sometimes I wonder why. Somtimes he can be so stuck on himself.
Well, hey man I have to get ready for work. Hope that you keep coming back and are you a Steelers fan as well?
:tt02:

YFZrider
02-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm a Steelers fan all the way. It doesn't matter how good or bad they do in any season, I will always pull for the black and gold. I wasn't even alive for the Steelers of the seventies, but I still think that team was the greatest dynasty that has ever been seen in pro football. We also have many great players on the team today though. Bill is actually not a bad guy, I'll usually talk with him a couple times before a race. He will seem a little too serious before a race sometimes but I think its because he's just trying to focus. One thing that's for certain is his toughness, he's five years older than his closest competitor. His work ethic is also one of the reasons he's stayed at the top.:tt02:

Elvis
02-13-2008, 04:29 AM
Helllo Rider, good to see you came back. Get in here and make some posts bud. Yeah, I could understand that he would be that way before the race. Stephanie Parton used to be really friendly but it seems like the last couple years she has changed. It will be interesting to see how Chris Bithel will do on that new Can Am quad wont it? Chris is really talented and I think that with a good quad he can be a fixture in the top 5 or so all season. I am planning on going to atleast one race, maybe the one in SC or GA this year. We went to Morganton last year, that just isnt my favorite track though. I guess it might have been the crash I had there that makes me feel that way. We had took off and I had made it to about the 2 mile marker I guess, when on a very steep downhill section a guy hit me in the rear end and sent me rolling down the hill. I had a twist throttle on my quad at the time and when my kill switch came off my hand instead of the quad killing it, it stuck wide open, it took me a minute or so to get to the quad. I got back on and made 2 laps, but I hurt my knee and back. That was my last race at a GNCC event. I think that it would be awesome to go and do the Utility Class though.

YFZrider
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
I know what you mean, cross country has to be the roughest way to race a bike or atv. I'm only 24 years old, but my knees will sometimes hurt if I'm standing for a long time. It ages a person very quickly, I've already went through one frame in a crash. The only way to keep properly in shape is to ride constantly year round to stay at your best, but I don't have the time or money to do that. I think Bithell is going to be a serious contender for the championship within a year or 2. He's improving so fast that his riding partner Borich is actually starting to have a hard time keeping up with him! My favorite tracks are Millfield and St. Clairesville OH just because they are close. I want to run in the Snowshoe this coming year also. My neighbors and I go up to Michigan a couple times a year to ride the woods and dunes as well. We're also planning on running in the Baja 1000 in the fall, we don't expect to finish, but it will be fun anyway!:tt02:

Elvis
02-15-2008, 05:33 AM
Good to see you in here NCSteeler.
I have never been to that Yadkin Valley race, because it is very long drive for me from here in western NC. I love the races in GA and SC because they are more wide open and fast. And both races usually involve some motocross track in part of the laps. I hope that Bithell does good this year and if anyone is gonna beat Bill Ballance I hope that it is him and not Borich. Of course I will always pull for William Yokely as well because he is the coolest cat out there in my opinion.
I have heard that the Yadkin Valley Stomp is so tight that it isnt much fun to race. That just isnt what I like, now dont get me wrong, I like a little tight trails but when it is so bad that you struggle to make lap after lap that just makes it not fun to me. NCSteeler, I hope that you get to go to the race and just see how well liked this series really is. There will be lots of fumes that really make you feel at home and alot of noise, loud quads and bikes... but its all good!!!
:coffee:

YFZrider
02-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Yadkin Valley is a cool track because in one part you get to ride through an old barn. One of the local tracks here also has an old abandoned house to run through. I don't know if they will keep running through the barn or not, there was talk last year of bypassing it entirely. I just seen last night that Ballance will be running on Hiper wheels for the 08 season. While I think this is pretty cool because I also run Hipers, I'm surprised that he made the switch from Douglas wheels because he's been running on them for a very long time and they've never failed him. I jokingly tell people that I should get the wheels at a discount because I work at the DuPont plant which processes the base materials. Its called Zytel, a plastic and fiberglass combination that is molded with carbon fiber later. It's a cool job because it's only five minutes from my house. I'm really excited to see how Jenks will do now that he has factory backing, I know too well how hard it is to keep up with him and I think he'll do great.:tt02:

Elvis
02-15-2008, 05:18 PM
I think that your talking about Morganton being the track that has the trail through the house or shed. I just dont like that place. I have wrecked there both times I have raced there. Well, Bill must be pretty impressed with those rims I guess or he wouldnt have changed right? I hope that he does good, but it is about time for someone else to take over King of The Hill
:cheers:

YFZrider
02-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. I got my tracks mixed up. I think that if Borich can take a few earlier wins this year, he probably can take the title. It's hard to count Ballance out until the end though! I hope that Jenks can get the DS 450 dialed in quickly, he works so hard to try to stay with the top runners. Two years ago he was thought to be the most likely rider to unseat the Killer B's from their 1- 2 finishes. Then, when the 07 machine came along, it took a long time to get the ignition system and a few others figured out. It was very hard for him to stay consistent, but it wasn't for lack of effort. I just hope that whatever happens this year, everyone finishes safely and the sport hopefully gets more recognition.:tt02:

Elvis
02-17-2008, 05:47 AM
Good morning bud. Just up trying to get ready for work with a stupid earache this morning. Yeah, I dont mind Jenks at all, hope that he does well. I really look forward to getting to go watch these guys again this year. Hey that is a awesome pic of Jenks..

YFZrider
02-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your earache Elvis. I can't remember if I've ever had an earache, I do get sinus infections sometimes though. It usually happens when the seasons change. I guess the flu is hitting pretty hard this winter. We had 7 guys out today out of a shift of 26, at least the rest of us weren't bored! Another race class that a lot of people are excited about are the UTV's or side x side's. A few of my friends have them and are going to run them at Powerline Park. One of the cool things about the UTV's is that you can run the race with a passenger. We're finally going riding next sunday in a large group for the first time since early December. The weather has been so crappy lately that it's hard to get everyone to go. I hope your earache gets better fast, talk to ya later.:tt02:

Elvis
02-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks bud for the wishes and thoughts, I feel some better atleast the ear has kind of quit hurting now, but I just cant hear a thing out of it now. I am gonna see a DR. maybe tomorow a.m.
Yeah, those UTVs seem like they would be kind of fun, but how can they be so against ATV's and still allow something like this that seems like it would be twice as dangerous to me. Hope that you get to go riding and the weather will hold out for you guys/gals.
:thumbsup:

YFZrider
02-19-2008, 06:30 PM
I hope you get better soon, going without one ear must be no fun! I think that the only thing that UTV's have over ATV's safety wise is the rollcage. This doesn't necessarily make them that much safer though. One thing about ATV's down here is the deaths that happen on them, I know there are cases of deaths everywhere, but West Virginia has the highest death rate on them. Not to take anything away from those that have died and their families, I truly feel bad for them, but when you look at the circumstances involved, they are usually cases of people behaving dangerously. Often the rider will be riding drunk, or with no helmet, doubled up on a single rider machine, riding fast on paved roads, or something like that. 99% of riders and racers are all responsible and safe, but it's that 1% that's putting a negative shine on our sport. The weather for this weekend is looking cold and wet, I don't know how many will still want to go, I hope it's more than just a few. Have a good one!:tt02:

Elvis
02-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Time is getting closer YFZrider..
I am getting kind of exciting to see exactly what is going on on the scene of GNCC racing myself. Hope you guys get to ride this weekend and I am doing much better now with my ear. This has not been a good week for me or my family though. I twisted my right ankle very badly yesterday at work and had to go to hospital and have x-rays on it. They turned out negative but there is some pretty bad swelling and soreness right now. My little girl has what they call walking pneumonia. But she seems to be fine this morning. Let me know if you guys got to go riding and hope you had fun, it is awesome here in western NC today, prob around 60 degrees.

Elvis
02-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
http://www.gnccracing.com/images/email.gif (javascript:openppl('pplsendarticle.aspx?a=313',0, 0,360,240)) http://www.gnccracing.com/images/print.gif (http://www.racerpress.com/newsmanager/templates/default.aspx?a=313&template=print-GNCC-article.htm)

GNCC Racing Television Returns to Versus Network in 2008
MORGANTOWN, W. Va. (February 19, 2008) ? Racer Productionsand Gear Marketing and Media announced today that the Can-Am Grand National Cross Country (GNCC) Series will return to the Versus Network for 2008. All 26 rounds of GNCC action (13 bike events and 13 ATV events) will air in weekly 30-minute shows, beginning August 2 at 3 p.m. Now entering its eighth season on cable television, and the fourth season of production with GMMI, the GNCC Series remains the only American off-road motorcycle and ATV racing series to air weekly cable telecasts.
Episodes will be telecast every week, even though the actual GNCC racing schedule includes a two-month summer break. The scheduling is designed to make it easier for new fans to follow the series. GNCC TV will air every Saturday at 3 p.m. and re-air every Thursday at 4 p.m.
GNCC TV is part of the Racer TV production package, which also includes the ITP/Moose ATVA National Motocross Series Presented by Parts Unlimited. The ATVA MX rounds begin airing on August 4. Racer TV represents a collaboration between GNCC Series Producer Racer Productions and Gear Media and Marketing (GMMI), a television production company headquartered in Grove City, Pa.
The GNCC TV episodes are hosted by Jason Weigandt, also host of the popular Supercross Live! Webcasts on http://www.supercrossonline.com/ (http://www.supercrossonline.com/), and the Racer X Motocross Show on Motocross.com. New recruit ?Hurricane? Hannah Reid will join Weigandt for the telecasts. Reid, the granddaughter of American off-road pioneer John Penton, grew up around the series and will add an exciting new perspective to each show.
The 2008 Can-Am Grand National Cross Country Series kicks off with the Triton GNCC in Melbourne, Fla. on March 1-4. ATVs will practice on Saturday, March 1, and race Sunday, March 2. Bikes will practice on Monday, March 3, and race Tuesday, March 4.
2008 Can-Am Grand National Cross Country Series TV Schedule
Versus Network

All air dates and times are subject to change.
All air times are EST

Saturday, August 2, 3:00 PM The Triton GNCC Florida -- ATV Original Air
Thursday, August 7, 4:00 PM The Triton GNCC Florida -- ATV Re-Air
Saturday, August 9, 3:00 PM The Triton GNCC Florida -- Bike Original Air
Thursday, August 14, 4:00 PM The Triton GNCC Florida -- Bike Re-Air
Saturday, August 16, 3:00 PM The General GNCC Georgia -- ATV Original Air
Thursday, August 21, 4:00 PM The General GNCC Georgia -- ATV Re-Air
Saturday, August 23, 3:00 PM The General GNCC Georgia -- Bike Original Air
Thursday, August 28, 4:00 PM The General GNCC Georgia -- Bike Re-Air
Saturday, August 30, 3:00 PM Steele Creek GNCC North Carolina -- ATV Original Air
Thursday, September 4, 4:00 PM Steele Creek GNCC North Carolina -- ATV Re-Air
Saturday, September 6, 3:00 PM Air Nautique/AMA Amateur Nationals at Loretta Lynn's Ranch -- Original Air
Monday, September 8, 3:30 PM Air Nautique/AMA Amateur Nationals at Loretta Lynn's Ranch ? Re-Air
Thursday, September 11, 4:00 PM Air Nautique/AMA Amateur Nationals at Loretta Lynn's Ranch ? Re-Air
Saturday, September 13, 3:00 PM Steele Creek GNCC North Carolina -- Bike Original Air
Thursday, September 18, 4:00 PM Steele Creek GNCC North Carolina -- Bike Re-Air
Saturday, September 27, 3:00 PM Big Buck GNCC South Carolina -- ATV Original Air
Thursday, October 2, 4:00 PM Big Buck GNCC South Carolina -- ATV Re-Air
Saturday, October 4, 3:00 PM Big Buck GNCC South Carolina -- Bike Original Air
Thursday, October 9, 4:00 PM Big Buck GNCC South Carolina -- Bike Re-Air
Saturday, October 11, 3:00 PM Loretta Lynn?s GNCC Tennessee -- ATV Original Air
Thursday, October 16, -Oct 4:00 PM Loretta Lynn?s GNCC Tennessee -- ATV Re-Air
Saturday, October 18, 3:00 PM Loretta Lynn?s GNCC Tennessee -- Bike Original Air
Thursday, October 23, 4:00 PM Loretta Lynn?s GNCC Tennessee -- Bike Re-Air
Saturday, October 25, 3:00 PM John Penton GNCC Ohio -- ATV Original Air
Thursday, October 30, 4:00 PM John Penton GNCC Ohio -- ATV Re-Air
Saturday, November 1, 3:00 PM John Penton GNCC Ohio -- Bike Original Air
Thursday, November 6, 4:00 PM John Penton GNCC Ohio -- Bike Re-Air
Saturday, November 8, 3:00 PM Spartan GNCC Kentucky -- ATV Original Air
Thursday, November 13, 4:00 PM Spartan GNCC Kentucky -- ATV Re-Air
Saturday, November 15, 3:00 PM Spartan GNCC Kentucky -- Bike Original Air
Thursday, November 20, 4:00 PM Spartan GNCC Kentucky -- Bike Re-Air
Saturday, November 22, 3:00 PM Stomp GNCC North Carolina -- ATV Original Air
Thursday, November 27, 4:00 PM Stomp GNCC North Carolina -- ATV Re-Air
Saturday, November 29, 3:00 PM Stomp GNCC North Carolina -- Bike Original Air
Thursday, December 4, 4:00 PM Stomp GNCC North Carolina -- Bike Re-Air
Saturday, December 13, 3:00 PM Mountain Ridge GNCC Pennsylvania -- ATV Original Air
Thursday, December 18, 4:00 PM Mountain Ridge GNCC Pennsylvania -- ATV Re-Air
Saturday, December 20, 3:00 PM Mountain Ridge GNCC Pennsylvania -- Bike Original Air
Thursday, December 25, 4:00 PM Mountain Ridge GNCC Pennsylvania -- Bike Re-Air
Saturday, December 27, 3:00 PM Snowshoe GNCC West Virginia -- ATV Original Air
Thursday, January 1, 4:00 PM Snowshoe GNCC West Virginia -- ATV Re-Air
Saturday, January 3, 3:00 PM Snowshoe GNCC West Virginia -- Bike Original Air

YFZrider
02-23-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your ankle Elvis, I hurt my right ankle also riding last summer, at least your daughter is doing better though. This has been a bad winter for illnesses everywhere. It's been the same where I work, people have been out sick pretty frequently lately. Only one more week to go before the start of the season and I'm pumped. I think the most exciting thing will be all the new rides that the racers will have this year. Most of the pro class in fact will be on new machines this year. We went riding this morning and afternoon and it was wet...REALLY WET! All the melting snow made the creeks full and we had to jump a few just to get across. We were in a neigboring county called Wirt County, and all the hilly terrain funnels the water into a few major streams and rivers. It was in the mid 30's today but it wasn't bad. I use Thor Ride pants and jackets for the wet and cold rides, their not very thick but they do a great job of stopping wind and water. Have a good one!:tt02:

Elvis
03-02-2008, 05:47 AM
YFZrider... where ya at brother? Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Well, this is the starting weekend bud... I am looking forward to hearing who has won the race maybe tomorow morning.

YFZrider
03-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey Elvis! It looks like it was a pretty good start to the season. Borich won, with about a 2 minute lead, Bryan Cook in second, then Bill Ballance about 20 seconds behind him. Taylor Kiser and Adam McGill rounded out the top five. I think Borich is going to be really hard to beat this year if he can keep his Suzuki dialed in. I also though it was cool to see Bryan Cook get a podium, he's a solid consistent racer but he hasn't finished this well in a while. I went riding today with a few friends, we were out for about 8 hours stopping only a couple times to gas up and get a drink. My arms are killing me because this is the first chance I've had at a long ride since November. We made riding a must today because it was so warm compared to what it's been lately. Well man, just thought I'd check in, talk to ya later!:tt02:

Elvis
03-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Morning bud, hope your doing well friend. I guess this sounds kind of bad, but I didnt have a clue that Borich has switched to the Big Yeller!!! I would've never thought the Suzuki would have been a very good quad for the trails, but I guess with their money they can do about anything. I may have to start paying more attention to the guy. But it is hard for me to pull against an ole' Yamaha since I raced one myself and loved the quad. I am just glad to see Borich off of that ole' Honda...:wink02:
Hey man, you have an email address that your willing to give me and lets email and chat that way some also. Chat with ya later..
:helmet:

YFZrider
03-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey Elvis, I tried to PM you with my email but it won't allow me until I have 50 posts, is there another way I can let you have it without posting it? We had a lot of fun today in town, a barge hit one of the bridges that cross the Ohio River this morning and is still closed. I think the closure is just to check the bridge out, but I'm going to give it a lot of time before I decide to use the bridge! Borich made the switch official about 3 months ago and spent the winter practicing on it. As far as the machine itself goes, its fairly easy to narrow the quad down, but its harder to gain ground clearance. I don't know if there is another rear linkage they can put on to help the bottom of the shock clear the rocks. The interesting thing about this year is that the Ballance brothers and maybe a few others are the only top pros to be riding the same machines. Borich, Bithell, Jenks, McGill, Kiser, and Yokley are all on new machines. I also am excited to see what the new YFZ will be like, I know its going to have EFI, and almost certainly a more in depth suspension as Ballance is helping design the new machine. I guess only time will tell, but that doesn't mean I enjoy waiting!:tt02:

Elvis
03-09-2008, 04:43 AM
Congratulations Going out to Bithel
Sounds like he had a great race and had some help when Ballance and Borich went out in the heat of battle. My email address is
savedbygrace89@msn.com
let me know if you get this and tell me it is from you or I wont open it. Glad you had fun brother

YFZrider
03-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah, the race was one to remember! Mcgill just dominated everyone, he finished six minutes ahead of everyone else! Taylor Kiser finished second giving KTM a good amount of points. Brandon Sommers got third. Borich snapped a chain and Ballance lost his electrical system giving him his first DNF in 4 years! It's going to be very interesting to see how the year unfolds.:tt02:

Elvis
03-15-2008, 04:59 AM
My yfz had those problems the whole time I had it. I was sitting at the starting line at the General and practiced my start every row ahead of me except the last row in front of me and the stupid thing cranked everytime and then when it was my turn to take off , it wouldnt start and some fans from the sidelines came in and gave me a push to get me started. I was the last one off the line and at the end I had my best finish ever in 11th place, just missed getting a plaque. But it was awesomely fun. That is such a fast race down there, alot of wide open spaces and room to pass

YFZrider
03-16-2008, 01:42 AM
I've been able to avoid problems with my YFZ so far. I've heard from some people that running with the lights on will disrupt the charge to the battery and damage the system, from others I've heard the opposite that I should keep the lights off. It doesn't seem to matter though, it hasn't had any problems. I have a Maxpower Ice Cube big bore on it right now with a 13.5 to 1 compression piston. I had to put a bigger battery on it because the starter was having trouble with all the compression. Between the big bore, LTE exhaust, UNI filter, and being down one tooth on the front sprocket it really gives my arms a fight. I am wanting to get a kick start kit as a backup, but they cost like 800 bucks for the whole kit so it may be a while before that happens!:tt02:

Elvis
03-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Yeh that was something that I would have liked to have had as well. You know, sometimes I miss the fun of the racing, but for the most part it doesnt bother me that much anymore. I have found a new life with my wife and children that racing will Never take back. I still like to go watch and enjoy the smell of a 2 stroke quad...heheheee
Have a good one ole buddy and we'll chat with ya again soon and God Bless

YFZrider
03-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I agree with you on that. I don't intend to hit all the races this year, but I am going to run 3 or 4 locals and probably Millfield and St. Clairesville. It's amazing how much money it takes to support an entire racing season. It's the most fun I have, but it eats up SOOO much money I can't do it all the time. Right now I'm just waiting for the weather to break, we've had rain for like 2 weeks straight. There are flood warnings all over the place, we live up high so we don't have to worry, but a lot of people have to be concerned. There's been so much rain that the local harescramble for this Sunday was just postponed today. The first race of the year 2 weeks ago was nasty! I don't even know if you could call it a race. It reminded me of a Baja type race where to simply finish is the goal. How's the weather at your place?, hope it's at least better than here! Well, I guess I'll chat with ya later, see ya Elvis!:tt02:

Elvis
03-31-2008, 07:24 PM
http://www.racerpress.com/newsmanager/thumbnails/460.gif (http://www.racerpress.com/newsmanager/templates/?a=460&z=15)
This Guy is Red Hot at this point in the season isnt he brother? What a nice start and I just hope he keeps'em down baby!!!

YFZrider
04-04-2008, 01:14 AM
I knew at the beginning of the season that Mcgill would be tough, but I never thought he would do this well this early! He's led every single lap of the last 2 races! KTM is looking really strong right now. Ballance and Borich will be back up there though, They will probably still be the most consistent this year. I'm not pulling against Mcgill in any way, but I would still like to see Borich get the championship. He's worked so hard for so long that I think he's earned it. As for Jenks and Bithell, I don't know what's happening to the Can-Am crew. I know they are new machines, but they are having mechanical troubles ALL THE TIME! Maybe the light construction for the purpose of weight savings is coming back to bite them, I'm not sure. However the season turns out I think it will be very fun to see how the new teams end up.:tt02:

Elvis
04-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I love the fact that someone new is leading the pack. McGill is the man right now and I hope that he is enjoying it, because you know that Ballance and Borich will be back up there. I knew KTM would do a great job, they have a great motorcycle and I didnt have any doubts about them doing the same on the quads.

YFZrider
04-08-2008, 09:36 PM
I thought at the beginning of the season that the final points order would be 1 Borich, 2 Ballace, and 3 Bithell. Now my guess is that McGill will finish first, Ballance second, and Borich third. Bill being Mr. consistency makes me think that he will retain a podium finish, McGill looks to have his machine figured out, so I don't think these last 2 races were flukes. The situation with Borich looks like third because while I believe he's faster than Bill, I don't think he'll be consistent enough on the new machine, even though he won in Florida, it just doesn't look like he's got the machine dialed in yet. This is, however, the opinion of one person. Whatever happens it should be a fun season!:tt02:

Elvis
04-10-2008, 05:49 AM
I agree bud, I just would love to see him win this year. But he will have to be consistent on the podium because we both know that Ballance will probably be there most of the time. I just hope that Borich finishes lowly every race...:sofunny:

YFZrider
04-20-2008, 09:16 PM
McGill does it again! He's running away with the points. Unless he loses the edge this season, which is very unlikely, he will win the championship. I was glad to see Bryan Cook on the podium again. I've seen McGill at a few local races and its always a battle for third when he and Jenks are there. Jenks finished in ninth place I think, while Bithell blew his engine not long after the start! Ballance got fourth and Borich got fifth. This season is definitley getting interesting!:tt02:

Elvis
04-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Ballance Back on top at Loretta Lynns':applaudit:

YFZrider
05-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Yeah, Ballance and Borich still have it! It seems to help out when the track is dry for them because even though McGill had electrical trouble, Bill and Chris were running with him all race. I'm also happy to see Cook on the podium again, I think its awesome that a privateer can still run with the factory boys! I'm really pumped for this weekend at Millfield and the Penton. It's nice for me because the track is only 30 or 40 minutes away. I'll be there cheering on my buddy Jenks who is due for a good finish. I was also excited to see that we got a good draft pick with Dennis Dixon. I'm not sure about who else we got, I didn't get to see much of the draft this year. Take care Bud!:tt02:

Elvis
05-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Results:
Wiseco John Penton GNCC
Millfield, OH
May 10, 2008
Top Ten Overall
1. Bill Ballance (Yam)
2. Adam McGill (KTM)
3. Taylor Kiser (KTM)
4. Matt Smiley (Hon)
5. William Yokley (Hon)
6. Ryan Lane (Yam)
7. Bryan Baker (Pol)
8. Johnny Gallagher (Yam)
9. Chris Borich (Suz)
10. Don Ockerman (Yam) XC2 Pro-Am Winner
2008 Can-Am GNCC Point Standings
(After 6 of 13 rounds)
XC1 Pro Class
1. Adam McGill (134/3 wins)
2. Bill Ballance (122/2 wins)
3. Bryan Cook (106)
4. Chris Borich (100/1 win)
5. Brandon Sommers (99)
6. Taylor Kiser (94)
7. William Yokley (92)
8. Matt Smiley (79)
9. Ryan Lane (77)
10. Jarrod McClure (66)
Gotta love Borich!!
:wink02:

YFZrider
05-16-2008, 08:53 PM
The Penton was a great race! It was wet all week up until that morning, the morning racers weren't so lucky because it was sloppy, but the afternoon race was in almost perfect conditions. The track was wet enough to keep the dust down, but not so wet to make it real sloppy. It was a fight between the Yamahas and KTMs all race, Brandon Sommers pulled the holeshot but wrecked later on and was forced to drop back. Ballance and McGill traded for the lead until the third lap when Bill pulled away and never gave it back. I talked to him before the race and he told me that the big thing would be to minimize mistakes on the last lap due to the higher pace of the tacky track. I've attached a picture from the GNCC website. The arrows point to us, I'm the guy in the blue shirt on the left, my friend and riding buddy Nick is in the black shirt on the right. Talk to ya later partner!:tt02:

Elvis
05-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Thats pretty cool bud, I have a couple pictures of myself and Stephanie Parton down in G.A. She was really nice, not to mention pretty HOT:doh:

YFZrider
05-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah, Stephanie is pretty cute! I went riding Saturday with my neighbors and a few guys from work. It was a really good ride for a while. I was keeping up with my supervisor Todd which made me feel pretty good because he's on a KTM 250 motorcycle and he's really fast. We had been riding for about 4 hours when we came to a little playground with mudholes and a few hillclimbs. We started hitting the hillclimbs and my turn came up, this was a hill that I've hit probably 30 times before. I got all the way to the top and my front end came up when my back tires were on the pinnacle of the hill and my YFZ quit on me. I had no time to clutch it and tried to bail but it rolled on me at the bottom of the hill. The grab bar squashed my right ankle and the handlbars landed on my chest. The other guys helped me get the bike back to the trucks and they drove me to the hospital. I didn't think it was that bad because I was walking on it for awhile, but it ended up being broken pretty bad. I had to have surgery Saturday night. They put screws in my ankle to get the joint back together. I'll be off work for about a month and a half probably. Dad's going in to get the Xrays on Wednesday and if I can get them scanned somehow I'll post the pictures on here. I'll keep posting to let you know how I'm doing. Have a good one buddy!:tt02:

Elvis
06-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey man, sorry to hear about the injury.. thats too bad. I know it has been a while since I been here and I hope that all is going well for ya and all. Is your quad ok? I just know that in GNCC racing right now is being taken over by a Killer B and it isnt last named Borich!!:applaudit:

Hey man, let me know how ya doin' and again I hope all is well with ya right now. Prayers going out to ya buddy.

YFZrider
06-07-2008, 03:12 AM
Hey bud, I'm doing all right. The machine actually wasn't that hurt. I managed to pop the flexx bars out of the stem mount with my chest, but it looks as though its made to come out under an impact. The only problem I think is the piston. It had been acting up earlier that day and when my supervisor started it to put it on the trailer white smoke came from the exhaust. I think I've lost the rings, but I'm not sure. The biggest problem for me is missing work and being bored! I go in on the 11th to get the hard cast off and the stitches taken out, not sure what goes on after, maybe a splint or soft cast. I'm pretty sure I cracked a couple ribs, but there's not much I can do about them, just give em time I guess! Ballance amazes me with his tenacity, he's 10 years older than most of his competitors and he's still coming back! What a season! Thanks for the prayers buddy, I'll talk to ya later.:tt02:

Elvis
06-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Good to hear from ya buddy and good to hear that all is going well. yeh, bill ballance is just so much more dedicated than alot of the others I guess. Its just hard to imagine why the young guys dont just sit back and learn from him.
Well, I am outta here.. gotta go for fathers day dinner.. have a good one and we'll chat with ya again soon..

YFZrider
06-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Hey partner! I've got the cast off and I'm doing well. They gave me a walking boot to put on if I need to go out. I go back on the 7th to get the final checkup, then I should be back to work. I'm looking forward to this weekend for the Stomp! You live in N.C. don't you?, I was just curious how close you are to Yadkinville. I also can't wait until they start showing GNCC on VS network in August, I can't make it to most of the races so its good to see the action far away. Well buddy, I'll see ya later. Happy Father's Day!:tt02: