PDA

View Full Version : Robert Kraft....UK needs you!

sherlock
01-30-2008, 01:15 AM
I`ve just seen a brief interview with Robert Kraft who said he was still interested in buying a soccer club in England....Norwich City I think he said(not really!)
Anyway,he had reservations because he believed he couldn`t compete with the super rich owners currently holding sway in the Premier League.
He seemed to infer he would like a similar structure,salary cap etc to the NFL....amen to that!
If I find the interview on the internet I`ll post it here....for all the Patriot fans on this board!!!

fansince'76
01-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Agreed - here's to hoping he moves over there permanently. :cheers: :coffee:

NM

HometownGal
01-30-2008, 07:28 AM
Agreed - here's to hoping he moves over there permanently. :cheers: :coffee:

NM

Maybe he'll go repelling and fall off of a cliff. Cheerio, pip pip! :cheers:

NM

Rhee Rhee
01-31-2008, 04:28 AM
i heard about fans buying a divison 3 kind of soccer club in england... and the fans bsaically decide everything because they are co-owners... i thnk that's pretty cool... if only we had enough people to buy an arena football team or sometin

sherlock
02-01-2008, 10:05 AM
i heard about fans buying a divison 3 kind of soccer club in england... and the fans bsaically decide everything because they are co-owners... i thnk that's pretty cool... if only we had enough people to buy an arena football team or sometin

Hi Rhee Rhee,I think you`re talking about Ebbsfleet who play in the Blue Square Premier League,the league just below the professional leagues.
In fact Barcelona,one of the biggest teams in the world are owned by the fans so there is a precident for this kind of fan ownership and it dosen`t seemed to have done Barca too much harm!
Am I right in thinking that Green Bay Packers are owned by the fans?

MasterOfPuppets
02-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Hi Rhee Rhee,I think you`re talking about Ebbsfleet who play in the Blue Square Premier League,the league just below the professional leagues.
In fact Barcelona,one of the biggest teams in the world are owned by the fans so there is a precident for this kind of fan ownership and it dosen`t seemed to have done Barca too much harm!
Am I right in thinking that Green Bay Packers are owned by the fans?i http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers

sherlock
02-02-2008, 09:13 AM
It`s not that I`m a fan of Mr.Kraft it`s just that I would like some NFL type fairness to become part of soccer`s dealings,such as a salary cap....at the moment it`s the "big four" ,and then everyone else...all rather predictable I`m afraid.

rbryan
02-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Kraft will need somewhere to go once patsiegate is fully exposed and he gets run out of the NFL. You think Bellichick knows anything about coaching soccer??

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2008, 10:50 AM
It`s not that I`m a fan of Mr.Kraft it`s just that I would like some NFL type fairness to become part of soccer`s dealings,such as a salary cap....at the moment it`s the "big four" ,and then everyone else...all rather predictable I`m afraid.

You said "Kraft" and "fairness" in the same sentence!!! :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
02-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Maybe he'll go repelling and fall off of a cliff. Cheerio, pip pip! :cheers:

NM

and shoot ties with the Pats.

sherlock
02-02-2008, 12:08 PM
You said "Kraft" and "fairness" in the same sentence!!! :sofunny:

All I`m saying llt is that......oh bugger,I`ll get me coat! :sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2008, 01:46 PM
All I`m saying llt is that......oh bugger,I`ll get me coat! :sofunny:

:toofunny: Rep points to you brother!!!!

HometownGal
02-02-2008, 02:51 PM
all rather predictable I`m afraid.

Word of the day. Irony.