PDA

View Full Version : Possible Free Agent

aclark99
01-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Any thoughts on who might be coming in for a visit during free agency?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-31-2008, 12:59 PM
My realistic hopes are Travell Wharton and Justin Gage....my pipe dream wish is Bryant Johnson.

aclark99
01-31-2008, 01:15 PM
Bryant Johnson or Jerry Porter, either, would be great additions. I am not sold on Travelle Wharton. I think Jordon Gross would be a huge upgrade to what we have at tackle. Marvell Smith most likely won't be back due to his back injury. Max Starks probably won't be back. Heck, he couldn't beat out Willie Colon and Colon is a former guard. I would love to see a strong safety with some coverage skills and hits like a mack truck come in but I don't believe there is one of those out there. Perhaps Tank Williams but I am not to sure of his coverage skills. What is everybody elses thoughts?

OneForTheToe
01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Well, I think th Steelers expect Smith to be back next season. Of course, time will tell if he an still be an effective OT. FA for the Steelers is like finding that $20.00 bill in your pants pocket when you do the laundry. You're not expecting to find anything, but if you do it is a pleasent surprise.

Elvis
01-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Jordan Gross would be very nice, but I bet the Panthers will franchise him if they have to to keep him.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-31-2008, 02:41 PM
I am not sold on Travelle Wharton. I think Jordon Gross would be a huge upgrade to what we have at tackle.

Everything I am reading says that the Panthers cant pay both their free agent OT's, and Gross is their choice of the two and will likely be franchised ...I would like Jordan Gross myself but Wharton is a tremendous upgrade over Smith and is still young.

Panthers Eyeing Free Agent Tackles?
by Jaxon
Wed Jan 23, 2008 at 01:51:08 PM EDT

The first thing I notice when I peruse this list of free agent tackles is the names Jordan Gross and Travelle Wharton. I think there is no question the Panthers will do everything to resign Gross. Wharton I'm not so sure about. Many pundits around the league think Wharton will be a hot commodity this off-season. Wharton had a very good season in 2005 when the Panthers made it to the NFC Championship. The Panthers could very easily decide Wharton is their guy and give him a raise but look for him to test the FA waters.

The Panthers may go after one of the following players:

Flozell Adams – Adams should still have a couple good years in him which is just what the Panthers need. Adams will command a lot of money though so he may be out of reach. He is easily the best available this year.

Max Starks – Steelers – The Steelers were terrible in pass protection this season so I’m not sure Starks is an upgrade.

Sean Locklear – Seahawks – If the ‘hawks allow him to hit the free agent market expect a number of bidders. I think he would fit in nicely.

Nat Dorsey – Browns – Dorsey is a former Yellow Jacket who was a great college player. All he needs is a chance to shine in the Pro’s.

MasterOfPuppets
01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Everything I am reading says that the Panthers cant pay both their free agent OT's, and Gross is their choice of the two and will likely be franchised ...I would like Jordan Gross myself but Wharton is a tremendous upgrade over Smith and is still young.but is he really ??? wharton has played 2 full season. giving up 8.5 sacks in 05, and 9 sacks in 07. he's given up 21.5 sacks in 44 starts.with 7 holding penalties.i certainly don't recall carolina having a running game woth mentioning.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=6853&team=29

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-31-2008, 03:22 PM
but is he really ??? wharton has played 2 full season. giving up 8.5 sacks in 05, and 9 sacks in 07. he's given up 21.5 sacks in 44 starts.with 7 holding penalties.i certainly don't recall carolina having a running game woth mentioning.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=6853&team=29

I dont recall Carolina having a runningback worth mentioning...and if there is ever a case to be made for QB's having to take some responsibility for sacks...it would be the trio of Moore,Testaverde, & Carr...Carolina is O-Line purgatory.

BlastFurnace
01-31-2008, 05:14 PM
From history, the only thing I am sure of is:

We will attempt to sign our own guys first.

The Steelers will not be first in line at 12:01 am to bring anyone in. If anything, they will take their time.

No high profile FA's will be brought in and no-one will be signed to huge deals.

What I would like to see is some FA's brought in that can play the DL in our 3-4. We can't get any younger from the draft alone, because we have too many holes to fill on both lines. If we can sign two mid level D'lineman, such as a Kimo or Seals when we got them years ago, I will be happy with that.

Nothing like Eason, who was basically taken from the scrap heap.

MasterOfPuppets
01-31-2008, 05:32 PM
I dont recall Carolina having a runningback worth mentioning...and if there is ever a case to be made for QB's having to take some responsibility for sacks...it would be the trio of Moore,Testaverde, & Carr...Carolina is O-Line purgatory.deangelo williams was a first rd pick. we all know a running back is only as good as the oline....:wink02:

aclark99
01-31-2008, 06:12 PM
Does anyone feel we will bring in a wide receiver or a safety that will make an immediate upgrade to what we have on the roster?

19ward86
01-31-2008, 06:18 PM
justin gage would be a great addition, i dont think there will be any FA visiting though unless they are 2nd year players that didnt get a chance last season.

aclark99
01-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Why is everyone high on Justin Gage? He will be with his third team in about 5 years. There is a reason why he can't seem to stick with one particular team. I am just not sold him. I would like to see someone like Bryant Johnson or Jerry Porter. We have to really start thinking of bringing in someone that will eventually take Hines place. I love Hines but he will be 31 this year and he will finish out his career in th "Burgh." Both Johnson or Porter are both young players. Johnson will probably want more money thatn Porter. The only draw back to Porter is his attitude. I think that is something that can be worked out in Pittsburgh. Either player would be great in black & gold. Thoughts?:helmet:

steelpride12
01-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Ha, but how about DJ Hackett suppose to be a free agent and could get snatched pretty quickly i would have no prob. signing him to just a one year deal and see how he settles in.
I just don't know if he would look as good in the Eastern pass attack compared to the western which is faster paced and a kinda quick pass style!

SteelersJW
01-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Bryant Johnson of the Cardinals. A 6-3 wide receiver with great speed would be a good free agent pickup.

Lord Stiller
01-31-2008, 09:36 PM
I think we can fix our o-line via the draft

next problem is getting a solid DE for depth and to challenge Keisel for a starting job. How about UFA Corey Williams from Green Bay who is 6'4" 300+ lbs?

I too would like to get Bryant Johnson but am not sure how realistic that is

jjpro11
01-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Does anyone feel we will bring in a wide receiver or a safety that will make an immediate upgrade to what we have on the roster?

ryan clark and troy polamalu are still our starting safeties in 08. i'd like to see us go after a wr.

Crushzilla
01-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Jerry Porter?

That same Jerry Porter that was suspended when he didn't agree with how ownership was doing things? I realize that you would have to be crazy to agree with big Al, but still. No thank you.

LambertIsGod58
01-31-2008, 10:17 PM
I think we can fix our o-line via the draft

next problem is getting a solid DE for depth and to challenge Keisel for a starting job. How about UFA Corey Williams from Green Bay who is 6'4" 300+ lbs?

I too would like to get Bryant Johnson but am not sure how realistic that is

I'd love to see us grab Corey Williams. He's underrated in my opinion. Saw him play in Buffalo last year. He's an animal....I think he'd be an upgrade although right now I think we need to concentrate on the O-line more than anywhere.

lilyoder6
01-31-2008, 11:24 PM
i would like to see jared allen in a steelers uniform.. he is a free agent.. and the past couple of yrs the cheifs have made shitty offers towards him..

Lord Stiller
02-01-2008, 12:35 AM
i would like to see jared allen in a steelers uniform.. he is a free agent.. and the past couple of yrs the cheifs have made shitty offers towards him..

while we are at it, let's sign Assante Samuel, Haynesworth and Randy Moss ;)

The title of the thread is Possible Free Agent. Allen will get huge money and the Steelers will absolutely not sign him. Lets keep this thread realistic

Rhee Rhee
02-01-2008, 02:09 AM
Well, I think th Steelers expect Smith to be back next season. Of course, time will tell if he an still be an effective OT. FA for the Steelers is like finding that $20.00 bill in your pants pocket when you do the laundry. You're not expecting to find anything, but if you do it is a pleasent surprise.

what a metaphor! that's actually perfect...!

anyway im just looking at either tackle from the panthers and maybe a DB or two...

if jared allen truly did come to the steelers where tthe F would he play? he's a great GREAT player but will probably never fit our scheme

Galax Steeler
02-01-2008, 04:14 AM
while we are at it, let's sign Assante Samuel, Haynesworth and Randy Moss ;)

The title of the thread is Possible Free Agent. Allen will get huge money and the Steelers will absolutely not sign him. Lets keep this thread realistic

If we are going to dream lets dream big assnante samuel what an addition.

DACEB
02-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Dan Koppen is a UFA, I believe, and we definitely need a center.

lilyoder6
02-01-2008, 09:24 AM
actually about getting allan is realistic.. if we are going to spend big money on troy and ben b/c they are good, why not bring in allan.. i live in kansas city right now, and evrytime there is a press conference with allan ppl say ask him about re-signing.. and he sasy that in the past they have offered him shit offers so unless, they do offer him a contract that is good to him he will leave which WILL make him a FA. and the steelers SHOULD look at him b/c he IS a good young de who an replace keisal..

Edman
02-01-2008, 09:31 AM
You guys are setting your expectations too high.

The Steelers will go after one guy, and that one guy will be middle tier player. And hope they turn out to be at least good or servicable.

The last time the Steelers brought someone in who made a huge impact was James Farrior.

Lord Stiller
02-01-2008, 10:33 AM
actually about getting allan is realistic.. if we are going to spend big money on troy and ben b/c they are good, why not bring in allan

MAybe because Allen doesnt really fit in a 3-4?

Lord Stiller
02-01-2008, 10:36 AM

The Steelers will go after one guy, and that one guy will be middle tier player. And hope they turn out to be at least good or servicable.

The last time the Steelers brought someone in who made a huge impact was James Farrior.

Exactly. Also Clark after FArrior was a good signing

Which is why I mentioned Corey Williams of Green BAy. He is very underrated and very stout on the D-line. I think he would be a big upgrade over Keisel

Lord Stiller
02-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Dan Koppen is a UFA, I believe, and we definitely need a center.

Dan Koppen signed a 5-year extension last season

Here is a list of FA Centers:

Rank Name Current Team Current Status
1. Jeff Faine New Orleans Contract Option
2. Casey Wiegmann Kansas City
3. Jeremy Newberry Oakland
4. John Wade Tampa Bay
5. Brett Romberg St. Louis
6. Alex Steponovich Cincinnati
7. Jonathan Goodwin New Orleans
8. Gene Mruczkowski Miami
9. Lennie Friedman Cleveland
10. Matt Lehr Tampa Bay
11. Mike Pucillo Washington
12. Andy McCollum St. Louis
13. Wade Smith New York Jets

There also aren't any highly rated centers in the draft unfortunately. But there are about a half a dozen highly rated guards that will be there with our second pick. Dont forget that Dirt Dawson and Jeff Hartings both made the switch from guard to center

Stillers43
02-01-2008, 12:18 PM
We definately could use help at any of the line positions especially if Fanaca goes. But, we are the Steelers. We won't sign anyone for big money! Maybe B. Johnson comes at a cheaper price since he played at PSU.

FourThreeMafia
02-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Anyone who says Wharton is an upgrade over Smith obviously hasnt seen Wharton play.

He is terrible. We already had one terrible FA OLine signing last year in Sean Mahan, we dont need another one.

Id rather sign Sean Locklear for RT, and draft our future LT, like Jeff Otah, Chris Williams or Branden Albert.

Haiku_Dirtt
02-01-2008, 01:30 PM

Agree. Way too high.

But. If our o-line is going to be hollow again this season at the very least the Rooney's should give us some new names to :mallet:

Aussie_steeler
02-01-2008, 06:20 PM
If the free agent crop is weak then what about the possibilities of a trade.
According to this report Marcus Spears could be available for a second day pick.
He is a 3-4 DE that has under achieved in Dallas.

Any thoughts?? ( I havent seen many Dallas games so I am not real familiar with his play) I am just trying to think of options that might exist to strengthen the Free agent crop.

Trade rumors swirling about Carpenter, Spears
12:59 PM Tue, Jan 22, 2008
Tim MacMahonRumor has it that the Cowboys are shopping former first-round picks DE Marcus Spears and LB Bobby Carpenter at the Senior Bowl.

Carpenter simply isn't a fit in a 3-4 defense, which makes Bill Parcells' decision to pick him pretty puzzling. Carpenter couldn't get on the field in any of the Cowboys' defensive packages this season but was a solid special teams player. He wasn't considered a reach when the Cowboys drafted him 19th overall two years ago, so some 4-3 teams might be interested.

Spears isn't a bad player, but he hasn't lived up to his first-round billing. To use a Tuna term, he's J.A.G. If the Cowboys get rid of Spears, Jay Ratliff could take his job, with Jason Ferguson and Tank Johnson forming a good NT tandem.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2008/01/trade_rumors_swirling_about_carpenter_sp.html

MarylandSteeler
02-01-2008, 06:46 PM
I think that anything that we can get off of free agency that we can plug into the o-line now is going to be a real help to us, I think that if we want this year to be a year that we contend we need to depend more on free agents than on getting someone from the draft, although by no means am I saying that we don't need to draft an o-lineman in the first, second, and maybe third round.

I haven't seen any Dallas games this year so I don't know about this guy.

BlastFurnace
02-01-2008, 07:42 PM
The most predictable thing about free agency is the fans complaining very loudly when the Steelers don't do anything for the 1st 4-5 weeks of the free agent period.

Happens every year.

The draft is the most important event of this offseason. Not the FA period.

lilyoder6
02-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Casey Wiegmann Kansas City is too old, i think...we need to get a young center who can play

Tankus_Maximus
02-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Bryant Johnson or Jerry Porter, either, would be great additions. I am not sold on Travelle Wharton. I think Jordon Gross would be a huge upgrade to what we have at tackle. Marvell Smith most likely won't be back due to his back injury. Max Starks probably won't be back. Heck, he couldn't beat out Willie Colon and Colon is a former guard. I would love to see a strong safety with some coverage skills and hits like a mack truck come in but I don't believe there is one of those out there. Perhaps Tank Williams but I am not to sure of his coverage skills. What is everybody elses thoughts?

Definitely!

Any guy named "Tank" has gotta be a stud!! :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2008, 05:21 AM
Why is everyone high on Justin Gage? He will be with his third team in about 5 years. There is a reason why he can't seem to stick with one particular team. I am just not sold him. I would like to see someone like Bryant Johnson or Jerry Porter. We have to really start thinking of bringing in someone that will eventually take Hines place. I love Hines but he will be 31 this year and he will finish out his career in th "Burgh." Both Johnson or Porter are both young players. Johnson will probably want more money thatn Porter. The only draw back to Porter is his attitude. I think that is something that can be worked out in Pittsburgh. Either player would be great in black & gold. Thoughts?:helmet:

Justin Gage was stuck on the Bears and their QB woes are well documented....His time with a run-first QB in Tennessee was actually very good, ...REC 55 receptions 750 yards and 2 TD's. They only signed him to a one year contract.

Gage & Johnson are both young...but Porter is only 2 years younger that Hines.

Elvis
02-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Names to remember in my eyes are like this:

LOT Flozell Adams Cowboys
Travelle Wharton Panthers
ROT Jordan Gross Panthers
WR Bernard Berrian Bears
LB Boss Bailey Lions "This guy is very quick and has great coverage skills, he just hasnt been able to stay healthy so far"
DB Drayton Florence Chargers
DB Marcus Trufant Seattle
:tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Names to remember in my eyes are like this:

LOT Flozell Adams Cowboys
Travelle Wharton Panthers
ROT Jordan Gross Panthers
WR Bernard Berrian Bears
LB Boss Bailey Lions "This guy is very quick and has great coverage skills, he just hasnt been able to stay healthy so far"
DB Drayton Florence Chargers
DB Marcus Trufant Seattle
:tt02:

Nice list Elvis....I also heard that the Jets were thinking about letting Vilma go....I would take a t look at him at the right price.

Elvis
02-02-2008, 12:10 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_216.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYUS) Nice list Elvis....I also heard that the Jets were thinking about letting Vilma go....I would take a t look at him at the right price.
Oh yeah, if the Jets are gonna let him go. I would love to see him in Black N Gold. I think that Boss Bailey would be a nice fit also if he doesnt want to get the whole bank in salary. If he comes in, no matter where he goes, and has a good season and stays healthy he will be up for the big money in '09.
Yes, I like the idea of Vilma coming to the Burgh'.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxmk788YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZNxmk788YYUS&utm_id=7925)

Rhee Rhee
02-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Nice list Elvis....I also heard that the Jets were thinking about letting Vilma go....I would take a t look at him at the right price.

vilma will be the highest payed LB if he was released... that guy is waay to talented.. and shouldn't be playing in a 3-4... if anything his position is any position LB position in a 4-3....

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2008, 03:24 PM
vilma will be the highest payed LB if he was released... that guy is waay to talented.. and shouldn't be playing in a 3-4... if anything his position is any position LB position in a 4-3....

Actually Vilma is coming off a knee injury, and the trade rumours are that they are looking for draft picks in compensation....which probably eliminates us from contention
but as a rookie he rung up 187 tackles and defensive rookie of the year honors... in the 3-4 defense.

lilyoder6
02-02-2008, 04:34 PM
vilma is a sick player... but i think some teams will be hesistant to trade high picks for him since he is coming back from a knee injury

ricksteelers55
02-09-2008, 07:00 PM
The Patriots are probably going to let Donte Stallworth go because he will be like 8 millions against the cap....

it could be an interesting pick up if he doesnt want too much money,could be another deep threat option for Ben,and it would be one less weapon for golden boy Brady which is another plus

Rhee Rhee
02-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Actually Vilma is coming off a knee injury, and the trade rumours are that they are looking for draft picks in compensation....which probably eliminates us from contention
but as a rookie he rung up 187 tackles and defensive rookie of the year honors... in the 3-4 defense.

has anyone broke the 200 tackle barrier? well if it shouldn't be called a barrier but someone has to have... right?

the fact vilma racked up 190 tackles in a 3-4 is just godly!!!!!

if he played MLB in a 3-4 i swear he'd have 250... just imagine how good he could be...

Give It To Abercrombie
02-10-2008, 09:19 AM
has anyone broke the 200 tackle barrier? well if it shouldn't be called a barrier but someone has to have... right?

the fact vilma racked up 190 tackles in a 3-4 is just godly!!!!!

if he played MLB in a 3-4 i swear he'd have 250... just imagine how good he could be...

I think there have been several, but one former Steeler I know did it.

Hardy Nickerson, 1st year in Tampa. 214 tackles. Hated to see him go back then.

lilyoder6
02-10-2008, 10:28 AM
the pats are most likely going to have to let some of there big players go since they don't have the money..

stallworth would be a nice slot WR.. but i would like to get samuel then we would have a good secondary in my eyes..(even tho we alrdy do have a good sec, but townsend is getting old)

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-10-2008, 10:35 AM
I know Justin Smiley was injured this last year but he is going to be on the market...anyone see enough of him to warrant an informed opinion?

Dino 6 Rings
02-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Just Get Us A Center!!!

It all starts up Front and that my friends is the UP FRONT!

ohiosteelerfan20
02-11-2008, 08:38 PM
:iagree:

And then cut Sean "the matador" Mahan.

lilyoder6
02-11-2008, 09:46 PM
i would actually keep sean b/c at least he can be a backup for the guard and center pos..

Stillers33
02-12-2008, 05:29 AM
is danute stallworth gonna be a free agent? if he is we should get him
hes on my madden francise!:tt02::smile:

lilyoder6
02-12-2008, 09:51 AM
yeah he is a FA... hew would be a nice slot and then when we run our 3 wide formation like we usually did last yr, we have a slot guy who can catch the ball more likely than ced.

Davison_K
02-12-2008, 02:49 PM
The draft is the most important event of this offseason. Not the FA period.

Let's see what the patriots thing about that statement. Something tells me they will call you a dumbass.

BlastFurnace
02-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Let's see what the patriots thing about that statement. Something tells me they will call you a dumbass.

When is the last time the Patriots won anything with their philosophy? They made some good moves last season and what did it win them....nothing but a season viewed as a big fat failure. The Patriots win because they have Tom Brady. It's as simple as that. Take Brady off that team and they don't have 3 rings.

The Steelers never focus largely on the FA period. If you follow this team at all, you know they focus on their own FA's that they want to keep and primarily some mid level FA's that are out there. The Steelers need to rebuild this team with another solid draft.

If you don't realize the Steelers longstanding FA philosophy, you haven't been following this team very long.

The Duke
02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
until last year the pats were just like the steelers when it came to FA, then they did some moves last season and like BlastFurnace said it got them nothing

MasterOfPuppets
02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
The Patriots win because they have Tom Brady. It's as simple as that. Take Brady off that team and they don't have 3 rings. ummmmm...no.....i'm pretty sure, a video cam had more to do with it than brady....:tap:

BlastFurnace
02-12-2008, 04:23 PM
ummmmm...no.....i'm pretty sure, a video cam had more to do with it than brady....:tap:

That may be proven in time, but Brady is pretty good too.

tony hipchest
02-12-2008, 04:54 PM
That may be proven in time, but Brady is pretty good too.
jim kelly was pretty good. bradys lucky he doesnt have scott norwood for a kicker. pats are good cause they embraced the HGH era and cheated, along with having a kicker much more clutch than their qb.

bradys about pissed away as many big playoff games as he has singlehandedly won.

we should look at marty booker.

BlastFurnace
02-12-2008, 05:18 PM
jim kelly was pretty good. bradys lucky he doesnt have scott norwood for a kicker. pats are good cause they embraced the HGH era and cheated, along with having a kicker much more clutch than their qb.

bradys about pissed away as many big playoff games as he has singlehandedly won.

Still, put Drew Bledsoe behind Center, and the Patriots have zero rings.

BlastFurnace
02-12-2008, 05:19 PM

I don't think Booker is any better than what we already have at WR's 1-4.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-12-2008, 07:51 PM
I don't think Booker is any better than what we already have at WR's 1-4.

I don't know I think that I would rather have Booker over Wilson.

Give It To Abercrombie
02-12-2008, 08:00 PM
I think if we pick up any kind of meaningful free agent this year it will be at wideout. Wouldn't be surprised to see us make a play for Bryant Johnson. Andre Davis wouldn't be such a bad move either, be the new #3 and return kicks.

I can't see a WR being drafted when we need so much meat up front, and I know ben says he loves his receivers now but I wouldn't mind a little more competition in the third and fourth receiver positions. Wilson is okay, and I could love Washington if someone losses up his granite hands. A little competition never hurt anyone.

Rhee Rhee
02-14-2008, 03:48 AM

booke wants to go home to chicago...

plus the grass always looks greener on the other side... once we sign him he'll do nothing except cost us 2 mil a year

Galax Steeler
02-14-2008, 04:31 AM

I think it would be a coin toss.

Elvis
02-14-2008, 06:18 AM
until last year the pats were just like the steelers when it came to FA, then they did some moves last season and like BlastFurnace said it got them nothing
The Patriots made the right moves last offseason in my opinion. It just so happens the Patriots met a team just like the Colts did in '05 with our Steelers. The Giants were very hot at the right time to make a run just like the Steelers were. As far as I am concerned the Patriots made the right moves, just in the end they met what the Steelers should be modeling in a lot of ways... the Giants good running game, and a QB that didnt make mistakes and a strong defense up front all the way to the safeties.
:coffee:

SteelerFanInCA
02-14-2008, 03:25 PM
My realistic hopes are Travell Wharton and Justin Gage....my pipe dream wish is Bryant Johnson.

Looks like Wharton is staying with the Panthers.

http://www.charlotte.com/panthers/story/493568.html