View Full Version : 2008 Mock Draft

Big7BenHOF
02-02-2008, 09:27 PM
01. Miami Dolphins - Chris Long, DE, Virginia
02. St. Louis Rams - Sedrick Ellis, DT, Southern Cal
03. Atlanta Falcons - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
04. Oakland Raiders - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
05. Kansas City Chiefs - Jake Long, OT, Michigan
06. New York Jets - Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio St.
07. New England Patriots (f/SF) - Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
08. Baltimore Ravens - Dominique-Rodgers Cromartie, CB, Tennessee St.
09. Cincinnati Bengals - Keith Rivers, LB, USC
10. New Orleans Saints - Dan Connor, LB, Penn St.
11. Buffalo Bills - Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
12. Denver Broncos - Kenny Phillips, S, Miami-FL
13. Carolina Panthers - Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St.
14. Chicago Bears - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
15. Detroit Lions - Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
16. Arizona Cardinals - Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
17. Minnesota Vikings - Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
18. Houston Texans - Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
19. Philadelphia Eagles - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
21. Washington Redskins - DeSean Jackson, WR, California
22. Dallas Cowboys (f/CLE) - Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas
23. Pittsburgh Steelers - Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
24. Tennessee Titans - James Hardy, WR, Indiana
25. Seattle Seahawks - Fred Davis, TE, Southern Cal
26. Jacksonville Jaguars - Calais Campbell, DE, Miami-FL
27. San Diego Chargers - Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina
28. Dallas Cowboys - Reggie Smith, CB/S, Oklahoma
29. San Francisco 49ers (f/IND) - Philip Merling, DE, Clemson
30. Green Bay Packers - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
31. New York Giants - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
32. New England Patriots - Forfeit Pick

33. Miami Dolphins - Chad Henne, QB, Michigan
34. St. Louis Rams - Sam Baker, OT, Southern Cal
35. Oakland Raiders - Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
36. Kansas City Chiefs - Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan St.
37. New York Jets - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
38. Atlanta Falcons - Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware
39. Baltimore Ravens - Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn
40. San Francisco 49ers - Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan
41. New Orleans Saints - Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
42. Buffalo Bills - Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU
43. Denver Broncos - Ali Highsmith, LB, LSU
44. Carolina Panthers - Andre' Woodson, QB, Kentucky
45. Chicago Bears - Lavelle Hawkins, WR, California
46. Detroit Lions - Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
47. Cincinnati Bengals - Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame
48. Minnesota Vikings - Early Doucet, WR, LSU
49. Atlanta Falcons (f/HOU) - Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M
50. Philadelphia Eagles - Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
51. Arizona Cardinals - Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas
52. Washington Redskins - Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech
53. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Harry Douglas, WR, Louisville
54. Cleveland Browns - Kevin Smith, RB, Central Florida
55. Pittsburgh Steelers -Roy Schuening, OG, Oregon St.
56. Tennessee Titans - DeMario Pressley, DT, NC St.
57. Seattle Seahawks - Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina
58. Jacksonville Jaguars - Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida
59. Miami Dolphins (f/SD) - Curtis Lofton, LB, Oklahoma
60. Dallas Cowboys - Eddie Royal, WR, Virginia Tech
61. Indianapolis Colts - Philip Wheeler, LB, Georgia Tech
62. Green Bay Packers - Xavier Adibi, LB, Virginia Tech
63. New York Giants - Thomas DeCloud, S, California
64. New England Patriots - Bruce Davis, LB, UCLA

Aussie_steeler
02-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Solid draft. One quick questions though. Why does Doucet fall that far??

Look forward to your draft website when it is updated and running.

Big7BenHOF
02-03-2008, 02:06 AM
Solid draft. One quick questions though. Why does Doucet fall that far??

Look forward to your draft website when it is updated and running.

What do you see when you click the link?

Rhee Rhee
02-03-2008, 03:15 AM
one thing is that i dont see the dolphins taking a QB... look for them to take a LT or something in the second..

Aussie_steeler
02-03-2008, 03:59 AM
What do you see when you click the link?

First time I clicked the link I got a generic homepage from your provider (godaddy.com ??? I think) and in the middle right box it had a redirect link with the websites name.

Once I click on this link it took me to the full website with 4 tabs up top (home, rankings, mock draft forums) then the main body text indicating additions to be made.

I have just typed in the URL again and I did not get the redirect link. It takes me directly to the site.

All links work and their is a forum link (http://z15.invisionfree.com/NFLDraftExperts)

I am working on a real shi**y dial up line and it is working fine.

Hope that info is helpful.

But back to the question... why does Doucet fall that far when he is projected as a first rounder by most?

Big7BenHOF
02-03-2008, 01:45 PM
First time I clicked the link I got a generic homepage from your provider (godaddy.com ??? I think) and in the middle right box it had a redirect link with the websites name.

Once I click on this link it took me to the full website with 4 tabs up top (home, rankings, mock draft forums) then the main body text indicating additions to be made.

I have just typed in the URL again and I did not get the redirect link. It takes me directly to the site.

All links work and their is a forum link (http://z15.invisionfree.com/NFLDraftExperts)

I am working on a real shi**y dial up line and it is working fine.

Hope that info is helpful.

But back to the question... why does Doucet fall that far when he is projected as a first rounder by most?

Ok good, thought my site was screwed up for a second.

Doucet falls that far mainly because of injury concerns. I really don't see him as a first rounder, but as an early second rounder.

MDSteel15
02-06-2008, 11:55 PM
one thing is that i dont see the dolphins taking a QB... look for them to take a LT or something in the second..

They don't need O-linemen

GoFins11
02-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I don't see the fins taking a QB. They are going to go defense their first three picks or so.

Rhee Rhee
02-07-2008, 04:30 AM
They don't need O-linemen

when vernon carey, LJ Shelton, Chris Liwienski, and Rex Hadnot are your starting O-linemen thats sad... btw the running game of the dolphins ranked 23rd in the NFL with 98.1 yards per game and btw only scored 17 points per game... the fact that their offense is so bad means one of two things... their line sucks and they dont have a NFL ready QB... john beck is their future and hopefully they won't draft a QB... their line is terrible and in need of a new guard, center and tackle... they'll probably go BAP but that'll probably be an o-linemen...

The Duke
02-07-2008, 10:39 AM
when vernon carey, LJ Shelton, Chris Liwienski, and Rex Hadnot are your starting O-linemen thats sad... btw the running game of the dolphins ranked 23rd in the NFL with 98.1 yards per game and btw only scored 17 points per game... the fact that their offense is so bad means one of two things... their line sucks and they dont have a NFL ready QB... john beck is their future and hopefully they won't draft a QB... their line is terrible and in need of a new guard, center and tackle... they'll probably go BAP but that'll probably be an o-linemen...

ronnie brown was having a breakout year before he went down, that left them with guys like jesse chatman samkon gado and ricky williams(until timmons stepped on him :dang:) to carry the load. that's why they were ranked 23r

their oline might not be amazing, but it's solid a gets the job done

the dolphins need help on defense, so I don't think they will draft any olinemen

MDSteel15
02-07-2008, 03:05 PM
ronnie brown was having a breakout year before he went down, that left them with guys like jesse chatman samkon gado and ricky williams(until timmons stepped on him :dang:) to carry the load. that's why they were ranked 23r

the dolphins need help on defense, so I don't think they will draft any olinemen

:thumbsup: :banana: Thank You :jammin: :flap:
My point exactly. Parcels already said that there MIGHT be 6 players who have job security. A friend of mine that is a huge Dolphins fan thinks they will try to take QB from Tennessee in round 2 or 3....

MasterOfPuppets
02-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I don't see the fins taking a QB. They are going to go defense their first three picks or so.
so you think the fins are content with thier recievers and TE ???

GoFins11
02-07-2008, 05:24 PM
so you think the fins are content with thier recievers and TE ???
Ithink they are worried about defense first. I'm sure they will be looking offense towards the end of the draft or even free agency.

MasterOfPuppets
02-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Ithink they are worried about defense first. I'm sure they will be looking offense towards the end of the draft or even free agency.
i dunno fins.....when your running back who missed 9 games is 2nd on the team in receptions ( 39 ), that should tell parcels, you desperatley need a playmaker in the passing game. if the fins had no intention of upgrading the passing game, why get rid of welker,chambers, and mcmicheal ??? not to mention, before the season started, many predicted the fins D to be one of the best. they were only one year removed from being a pretty good unit.

lilyoder6
02-07-2008, 08:53 PM
i think that ted ginn actually had a decent yr as a rookie.. other than him. i would be worried who i would throw to since they can't catch..

Rhee Rhee
02-08-2008, 12:45 AM

as the denver broncos can attest to.. it doesn't matter who's running behind that line... as long as u have solid linemen in there u can run the ball...

i think ronnie brown going off was because of well ronnie brown... none of those other guys had success because no one opened up holes for them!

they went 1-15!!! that means they NEEED to rebuild... rebuilding starts in the trenches... after getting chris long they'll need a LT or RT to help protect their future at QB john beck...

GoFins11
02-08-2008, 09:37 AM
The dolphins didn't have a bad offensive year. remember they lost 7 games by 3 points.

People don't understand
Chambers= average reciever who has trouble with the easy passes
McMicheal= a lot of dropped passes
Welker= Why did we get rid of him

Certain spots on the defense were due to injury but the rest was inexperience in their positions. We need to add to the defense.

lilyoder6
02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
thats y in the 1 day will be 2 def players and 1 off player.. glenn dorsey is going to help that d out a lot if he can be as dominate as he was in college

The Duke
02-08-2008, 10:12 AM
The dolphins didn't have a bad offensive year. remember they lost 7 games by 3 points.

and that's the most important thing

just imagine if their defense would have held off those 3 points, the dolphins might be 8-8 right now

defense, defense, defense. that's what I see Parcells focusing on

I don't see them taking any qb or olineman in the early rounds, if Beck doesn't work out this season I see them taking a QB in 2009 early,but right now with ronnie brown healthy and John Beck being at least average, that team could be something good this year

i think ronnie brown going off was because of well ronnie brown... none of those other guys had success because no one opened up holes for them!

like I said, their o line might not be the best, but it's good enough

brown might have one a lot of that on his own, but no runningback can run on a 5.0 or above average without o line help(unless your name is barry sanders :smile:)

but who knows, maybe I'm wrong, I'm just trying to see this from Parcells perspective. the man knows his football and I just don't see him wasting picks on offense when their problem obviously seems to be their defense(which btw is also getting old on their best players :old:).

let's just wait to see what he's planning .......

MasterOfPuppets
02-08-2008, 04:50 PM

People don't understand
Chambers= average reciever who has trouble with the easy passes
McMicheal= a lot of dropped passes
Welker= Why did we get rid of him

Certain spots on the defense were due to injury but the rest was inexperience in their positions. We need to add to the defense.
sorry fins, but the stats tell a different story....

chambers with the chargers 7 starts ............. 35 rec....555 yds..... 15.9...avg..... 4 tds
booker leading rec 556 yds..........more rec than ginn 34
chambers 15 total starts in 07 including playoffs ....................77 rec....1178 yds.....5 tds

1178 yds in 15 games....not bad for a reciever who can't catch an easy ball....:jawdrop not to mention more yds and tds than booker and ginn combined.

McMicheal......15 games.....39 rec......429 yds....11 avg......3 tds
martin .............15 games....34 rec......303.yds......8.9 avg....2 tds
once again....better numbers than the replacement !!!

so apparently the problem wasn't the recievers. could it have been bad QB'S or the system ?

NJarhead
02-08-2008, 04:53 PM
35. Oakland Raiders - Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

I've heard this guy is a beast and is likely to make an impact in the NFL at tackle. I wonder what our scouts think.

GoFins11
02-08-2008, 07:24 PM
sorry fins, but the stats tell a different story....

chambers with the chargers 7 starts ............. 35 rec....555 yds..... 15.9...avg..... 4 tds
booker leading rec 556 yds..........more rec than ginn 34
chambers 15 total starts in 07 including playoffs ....................77 rec....1178 yds.....5 tds

1178 yds in 15 games....not bad for a reciever who can't catch an easy ball....:jawdrop not to mention more yds and tds than booker and ginn combined.

McMicheal......15 games.....39 rec......429 yds....11 avg......3 tds
martin .............15 games....34 rec......303.yds......8.9 avg....2 tds
once again....better numbers than the replacement !!!

so apparently the problem wasn't the recievers. could it have been bad QB'S or the system ?

I've seen Chambers play since his rookie year. I've seen many easy drops. He benefited from new system. He is not a #1 reciever.

Anyway, Why do you think we fired our GM anyway. Plus you can't say anything about Ginn because it was his rookie year.

Rhee Rhee
02-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Plus you can't say anything about Ginn because it was his rookie year.

umm what are u gonna say about adrian peterson? patrick willis? or joe thomas? marques colston last year?

ginn showed on ST... and woodley DEFINITELY showed me flashes

Rhee Rhee
02-09-2008, 12:10 PM
u guys have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds... u have a total of 7 picks... im sure u can spare one for an "good but not great" o-line...

MasterOfPuppets
02-11-2008, 07:05 PM
I've seen Chambers play since his rookie year. I've seen many easy drops. He benefited from new system. He is not a #1 reciever.

Anyway, Why do you think we fired our GM anyway. Plus you can't say anything about Ginn because it was his rookie year.
well GoFins..... looks like marty booker got the axe......do you still think reciever isn't near the top of thier draft list?

lilyoder6
02-11-2008, 08:48 PM
i would still draft glen dorsey at number 1 for the def, u can find wr's who can run routes and a catch a ball.. but wr's will be high but so is def

Rhee Rhee
02-12-2008, 01:46 AM
well GoFins..... looks like marty booker got the axe......do you still think reciever isn't near the top of thier draft list?

i was just gonna say...

i think in terms of need it goes 1. D-Line 2. WR/TE 2a. O-line

if it looks anything other than that parcells doesnt know wat he's doin...

MDSteel15
02-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Miami might make it 0-16 this year....

Rhee Rhee
02-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Miami might make it 0-16 this year....

and after every game im just gonna laugh at joey for leaving us...

i wish he would've taken a paycut..