PDA

View Full Version : CJ may sit out 08 if he's not traded

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Source: Bengals' Johnson may sit out 2008 season if he's not traded
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
Updated: February 3, 2008, 12:07 PM ET

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson feels betrayed by head coach Marvin Lewis and is privately threatening to sit out the 2008 season if he isn't traded, according to a source.

Johnson was upset after the coach quit speaking to his receiver early in the season, according to the source.

The Bengals star wideout has been making the rounds with the media at the Super Bowl. When asked on Jim Rome's radio show this week about whether or not he was happy with Bengals, Johnson sounded less than happy.

"I'm not allowed to say. I get the blame; the so-called best player, I'm the problem. Someone in-house is spreading this. Maybe they want me to quiet down [and] stop being me. That is not going to happen. I can't function that way. I tried it. It sucked. There was no excitement."

Lewis has said he won't trade Johnson, who finished with a single-season franchise-record 1,440 receiving yards. Johnson has had six consecutive seasons with at least 1,000 receiving yards and is under contract with the Bengals through 2011 after signing a $35.5 million extension in April 2006.

"Obviously, there is a lot of frustration with things that happened last year as it pertains to Chad," Johnson's agent, Drew Rosenhaus told The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Rosenhaus tried to explain his client's recent statements to the media.

"What Chad is doing [in the radio interviews] is expressing his emotions and frustration."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3228585

jjpro11
02-03-2008, 01:09 PM
he better play.. he's one guy we never have to worry about when we play them. its like they field only 10 guys on offense with ike taylor locking down douche bag.

Edman
02-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Fine by me. That's one less annoying overrated A-Hole I have to watch.

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2008, 01:17 PM
"so called best player"?

I thought that was Saint Carson

ShutDown24
02-03-2008, 01:28 PM
I kind of heard that when he was on Tirico earlier this week. He kept telling them he might be "With them in 08".

stillers4me
02-03-2008, 01:32 PM
But Chad's not selfish.....according to Bengal fans.

fansince'76
02-03-2008, 01:33 PM
What is it with NFL WRs being such whiny douches nowadays? Has that become part of the job description now?

SteelCityMan786
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
What is it with NFL WRs being such whiny douches nowadays? Has that become part of the job description now?

That's a majority of them now.

HometownGal
02-03-2008, 02:47 PM
"I'm not allowed to say. I get the blame; the so-called best player, I'm the problem. Someone in-house is spreading this. Maybe they want me to quiet down [and] stop being me. That is not going to happen. I can't function that way. I tried it. It sucked. There was no excitement."

You're the so-called best player according to who - YOU? :toofunny::toofunny: IBoinkedMyMama (though a fellow douchebag) is a far better receiver than you'll ever be Toofy, so suck it up you whiney little bitch. Guess that HOF jacket you sported just wasn't your size, huh?

http://www.ehponline.org/docs/2005/113-2/crybaby.jpg

revefsreleets
02-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Classy Chad, real classy.

Steeler in Carolina
02-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Chad is an over rated #%*%$#@. I saw sit out, nobody cares.

Borski
02-03-2008, 06:50 PM
HAHA I hope he does sit out.

19ward86
02-03-2008, 09:18 PM
i wont believe it until i hear it on sports center

JackHammer
02-03-2008, 09:45 PM
I won't miss his overrated a$$.

83-Steelers-43
02-08-2008, 10:01 AM
In Hawaii, Chad Johnson cryptically reiterates ire with Bengals
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
Updated: February 8, 2008, 9:18 AM ET

Chad Johnson arrived late to the Pro Bowl, but he definitely made an impact. Unfortunately for him, it wasn't a good one.

Johnson, who wants to force a trade from the Cincinnati Bengals, did a light NFL Network interview with Jamie Dukes but he blew off the national reporters waiting to talk to him. The scene wasn't pretty. At one point, he brushed aside a NFL public relations representative who tried to stop him because it's mandatory that Pro Bowl players do interviews. Johnson faces a possible fine.

Drew Rosenhaus, Johnson's agent, was in attendance at Thursday's practice. He said he is quietly working behind the scenes to fix the situation. Johnson isn't giving him much help. He was prickly dealing with the media Thursday, which is unusual for one of the most accessible players in the sport.

In the NFL Network interview, Johnson seemingly talked in code. With no follow up questions, it was hard to get his point. Johnson said he wanted those in the Bengals organization who have been speaking out against him to go public with their complaints. He said he was hearing them for 16 weeks.

"But now I don't hear them," Johnson said. "Where are you at now? It's time to let it out. The only voice I hear is mine."

The receiver is at his fifth Pro Bowl, replacing New England's Randy Moss, and he defended his self-promoting manner and discussed his performances.

"Consistently, I've done it," he said in the NFL Network interview, according to The Associated Press. "I haven't done it perfect, but consistently at a high level. I get out of line at times, but what great one doesn't? What great one doesn't get emotional? Find me a great one who hasn't done it like that and I'll be quiet."

The Bengals don't plan to trade Johnson. They also don't plan to get a new contract. He's suggested trades to the Washington Redskins or the Miami Dolphins.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3236165

83-Steelers-43
02-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Yeah, this is a guy who I want on my team. I'm sure the Rooney's will get right on that.....:coffee:

fansince'76
02-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Johnson, who wants to force a trade from the Cincinnati Bengals, did a light NFL Network interview with Jamie Dukes but he blew off the national reporters waiting to talk to him. The scene wasn't pretty. At one point, he brushed aside a NFL public relations representative who tried to stop him because it's mandatory that Pro Bowl players do interviews. Johnson faces a possible fine.

Anyone know if this tool is getting a bonus for "making" the Pro Bowl, since Moss punked out of it? :coffee:

83-Steelers-43
02-08-2008, 10:12 AM
"I haven't done it perfect, but consistently at a high level. I get out of line at times, but what great one doesn't? What great one doesn't get emotional? Find me a great one who hasn't done it like that and I'll be quiet."

Here's one, John Stallworth......there, now "be quiet".

fansince'76
02-08-2008, 10:12 AM
i wont believe it until i hear it on sports center

Believing anything you hear on ESPN = big mistake.

fansince'76
02-08-2008, 10:16 AM
"Consistently, I've done it," he said in the NFL Network interview, according to The Associated Press. "I haven't done it perfect, but consistently at a high level. I get out of line at times, but what great one doesn't?....Find me a great one who hasn't done it like that and I'll be quiet."

Let's see - Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, Art Monk, Steve Largent and Andre Reed, for starters, off the top of my head. You can shut it anytime now, assclown, but I have a feeling you won't.

lilyoder6
02-08-2008, 10:41 AM
he might get out of line a couple of times.. try evry game when he doesn't get the ball and they lose..

CantStop85
02-08-2008, 11:41 AM
"The only voice I hear is mine."

Yeah, join the group.

Galax Steeler
02-09-2008, 07:09 AM
he might get out of line a couple of times.. try evry game when he doesn't get the ball and they lose..

:crying01:

steelpride12
02-09-2008, 12:47 PM
That would truly be a shame to see a talented and liked player the Chad to sit out over a silly trade. Fans rely on him not to mention the kids out their that look up to him and wanna be like him to see him sit out like a child and pout is un called for and a stupid dramatic move from Chad. :(

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Lewis says it again: Chad Johnson isn't going anywhere
ESPN.com news services
Updated: February 14, 2008, 2:19 PM ET

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is standing firm: Chad Johnson is staying in Cincinnati.

Lewis said Wednesday that the team will not trade the disgruntled wide receiver and has never discussed it, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer and the team's Web site.

"They can stop the presses, quit killing trees and move on to other things," Lewis said, defending Johnson despite the wide receiver's critical comments about the team. "There is, at no point, anyone in the Bengals organization who has ever uttered anything about trading Chad Johnson. Nor will he be traded."

On Tuesday, The Washington Post reported that acquiring Johnson is the Washington Redskins' top offseason priority, as team owner Daniel Snyder wants an elite receiver.

The Post reported that according to two league sources, Johnson wants to land a big payday in Washington, and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has been quietly working behind the scenes to broker a deal.

But Lewis said that's simply not going to happen.

"There is no such thing as behind-the-door dealings in the NFL. That does not occur because the team in question [the Bengals] is not willing to trade their player, nor have they thought about trading their player or discussed trading their player, nor will they discuss trading their player. So I think that's pretty clear. Things can move on," he said.

In television and radio interviews over the past month, Johnson has criticized the Bengals and hinted that he would welcome a change of scenery.

Lewis said Wednesday that he has not spoken to Johnson since the team's final regular season game.

"People [in the building] talk to him," Lewis said, according to reports. "It's unfortunate for Chad that he is being cast in this light because it's not fair. So once again I will go on record in defense of him."

"We've had a great relationship," Lewis said of the Bengals and Johnson. "All I want to see is Chad continue to be a very, very productive NFL player and help us win a lot of football games. And that's not going to change."

The latest figures from the NFL Players Association show Johnson was the fourth-highest paid wide receiver in the NFL last season with total compensation of $7,165,379 million, according to the reports. Were the Bengals to trade or release him before June 1, they would take a salary cap hit of $8.03 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3245503

lilyoder6
02-14-2008, 03:52 PM
that must just rock cj's world that marvin says he isn't going anywhere

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Another season of that P.O.S. cancer destroying the Bungles locker room. Beautiful.

HometownGal
02-14-2008, 04:18 PM
The latest figures from the NFL Players Association show Johnson was the fourth-highest paid wide receiver in the NFL last season with total compensation of $7,165,379 million, according to the reports.

:rofl::rofl: Wow - talk about a rip-off. That POS isn't worth $700.00 per season much less 7+ million. :jerkit:

The one gold toof he has left in his mouth is worth more than he is.

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2008, 11:49 AM
seriously...how long until people recognize, the bengals stink. I mean, they made the playoff 1 time and got beaten up, at home, and havent been back, in 2 years. And they get beat bad often. They haven't had a defense in years, have never stopped the run, and have done nothing but throw the ball and try to out score people for years.

morally bankrupt team. How long til Palmer seeks a trade, thats the real question.

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 12:00 PM
That would truly be a shame to see a talented and liked player the Chad to sit out over a silly trade. Fans rely on him not to mention the kids out their that look up to him and wanna be like him to see him sit out like a child and pout is un called for and a stupid dramatic move from Chad. :(

I live in Cinci and see kids with Chad's jersey on all the time.

The sad thing is that alot of Bengal fans and their kids have no idea what really goes on. They just think it's cool to wear the jersey.

LVSteelersfan
02-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Really good role model to look up to. Whiny crybaby. Don't worry, he will be crying again this year when the Bungles are fighting the Clowns for last place in the division. The Clowns don't have the cake schedule they had last year to fall back on. I predict them to finish 3rd or 4th under .500 this year.

NyGiantz
02-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Let Johnson sit. He is exactly in the mold of Terrell Owens but he doesn't have that rep for some reason but he is equally as selfish and bitchy. Like when you guys beat them in '05 he was yelling on the sidelines about not getting the ball not because they were losing.

k7brown
02-17-2008, 11:28 PM
I really dislike Chad Johnson.

TeeJay
02-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Surely not the same CJ who came out with the hilarious post touchdown celebration of putting on the over size jacket with FHOF written in pen on the back? Especially after he'd already accosted the TV cameras to inform everyone his celebration was going to be something special! How we all chuckled at mad Chad then! :coffee:

Just as well the commentators explained it stood for Future Hall Of famer - I was just putting the finishing touches to what I assumed it stood for! And believe me, neither F's stood for Future or Fame! :cheer:

So yep, way to go Chad, FHOF's always go into a sulk. Maybe you can go play catch with Brady.

Dino 6 Rings
02-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Let him Play or sit, I don't care. He never hurts us in the games, its always Henry we forget to cover when we play the Bengals. Ef Chad. If he wears the black and gold ever I want a "no celebration" clause in his contract that includes him being punched in the face by our Nose tackle and kicked in the ribs by our starting Strong side Linebacker if he does anything other than hand the ball off to the refs.