PDA

View Full Version : ocho cinco in Black and Gold

noto45
02-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Rumour has it he wants traded. I know they will never trade him but whould you want him as a Steeler?? I say yes!

duma
02-03-2008, 03:43 PM
I gave this suggestion in the "If you were the GM" threat. He would be great, but I do not see it happening.

BlastFurnace
02-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Would never happen.....for many....many reasons. Too many to list.

HometownGal
02-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Rumour has it he wants traded. I know they will never trade him but whould you want him as a Steeler?? I say yes!

HELL NO.

He wouldn't last one day in the Steelers locker room. The first time he opened his toofless yap to bitch, moan and shed his crocodile tears, Big Snack would tear his arm off and beat him to death with it.

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Trade Ben for Roethlisberger for Chad Johnson AKA Ocho Stinko AKA Big Mouth AKA Cancer AKA Jackass.

Trade James Harrison for Odell Thurman.

Trade Santonio Holmes and Troy Polamalu for Chris Henry.

Get it done Rooney. Don't be "cheap".

fansince'76
02-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Sure, maybe we can swing a "blockbuster" deal with the Titans involved and get Pacman as well.

zulater
02-03-2008, 03:55 PM
No thanks. Great talent but a cancer and a loser in the clubhouse. Don't believe me, his team has a half time lead in a playoff game and he puts his position coach in a head lock during the intermission because he's not seeing enough balls. Predictably his team goes on to lose the game in the end. :binky:

Rhee Rhee
02-03-2008, 03:56 PM
SHUT UP

it is taboo to speak of such atrocities...

Rhee Rhee
02-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Sure, maybe we can swing a "blockbuster" deal with the Titans involved and get Pacman as well.

LOL... ur forgetting odell thurman as well...

SteelCityMan786
02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm think of 2 letters that form a word. I'll give you a hint, they spell ON. What is it is reverse?

NO!

PisnNapalm
02-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh....

Hell....

No!

No way would I want that jackass on the Steelers. He's unworthy.

19ward86
02-03-2008, 04:23 PM
i say u are a communist for saying yes. he is so overated, he is randy moss without the hands.

silver & black
02-03-2008, 04:24 PM
The same topic is being thrown around in our forum too. Apparently we didn't learn anything from the Randy Moss experiment.

SqhillSteeler
02-03-2008, 04:53 PM
You people are crazy, Chad Johnson would be a perfect fit for the Steelers just like Randy Moss is a perfect fit for the Patriots. If the Rooneys cared about winning another championship and not just being a competitive team they would make the move. Ben would be happy and might even pull a sidney crosby and take less money. The steelers would then be up there with the Pats as a superbowl contender every year and not just a wild card team.

SteelCityMan786
02-03-2008, 05:33 PM
You people are crazy, Chad Johnson would be a perfect fit for the Steelers just like Randy Moss is a perfect fit for the Patriots. If the Rooneys cared about winning another championship and not just being a competitive team they would make the move. Ben would be happy and might even pull a sidney crosby and take less money. The steelers would then be up there with the Pats as a superbowl contender every year and not just a wild card team.

Attitude off the field is what has me real unsure of us trying to pick him up.

fansince'76
02-03-2008, 05:49 PM

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm playing Madden in Franchise Mode. :coffee: However, in the real-life NFL, what this team needs above all else to become a serious contender again are linemen on both sides of the ball - good linemen.

stillers4me
02-03-2008, 05:53 PM
HELL NO.

He wouldn't last one day in the Steelers locker room. The first time he opened his toofless yap to bitch, moan and shed his crocodile tears, Big Snack would tear his arm off and beat him to death with it.

I'm really enjoying that visual..................... :sofunny:

lilyoder6
02-03-2008, 05:53 PM
ocho is a good player but his mouth gets him into too much trouble..

Elvis
02-03-2008, 05:59 PM
No Way!!!!

Elvis
02-03-2008, 06:01 PM

Not a chance in hatees!!!

HometownGal
02-03-2008, 06:24 PM

That "perfect fit" for the Pats* is more than likely going to go bye-bye in FA - just an fyi.

So - let me get this straight. Signing Barfo Stinko is all that it would take to be "right up there with the Pats* as a superbowl contender every year?" :rofl::rofl: Whatever you're smokin must be tainted with sawdust or somethin'.

Those cheapskate Rooneys who don't care about winning championships. Oh woe is us. :dang::shake02:

steel65
02-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Why would pittsburgh want that cancer can you imagine him and hines getting into it let him stay in cincy with the rest of the criminals

Dodt
02-03-2008, 11:00 PM
i would rather have the rooneys pay big $$$ for some third string reciver from yale.

Rhee Rhee
02-04-2008, 03:23 AM

sure ur a steeler fan?

juuuuust keeeding...:flap:

Galax Steeler
02-04-2008, 04:44 AM
No way would I want to see that happening.

Blitzburgh_Fever
02-04-2008, 04:48 AM
Nah...not in Black and Gold...I can see him seriously going to Indy though, especially if Dungy leaves and a spitfire coach steps in. Indy is usually fairly classy and quiet(or pretentious and smug if you hate them), but Chad Johnson would be a good balance, skill wise, for Reggie Wayne. The Colts aren't usually crazy active in trades or free agency either, but never know.

SteelersMongol
02-04-2008, 08:46 AM
NEVER!!!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-04-2008, 08:53 AM
i say u are a communist for saying yes. he is so overated, he is randy moss without the hands.

Hey don't knock communism till you tried it.:wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-04-2008, 08:53 AM
HELL NO.

Big Snack would tear his arm off and beat him to death with it.

LOL...I can already hear Polamalu saying..."Man, I aint gonna keep picking up those gold caps"!

stlrtruck
02-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I'll quote the movie NORBIT - "OH HELL TO THE NO!"

He's a virus!!!

revefsreleets
02-04-2008, 09:36 AM
If, by black and gold, you mean the East Side Stallions semi-pro team, sure thing.

But if you mean MY B&G, as in the Pittsburgh Steelers, for the love of all that is sacred and Holy NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Chad Johnson is the devil.

alittlejazzbird
02-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Talent-wise, sure I'd love to have a guy who can make plays like that (and no, Hines, that doesn't mean that no one loves you; I only mean in ADDITION to you).

But Chad's shameless, juvenile self-promotion and self-absorption is annoying in the extreme, and it's against the Steeler Way in every respect. Chad is not, nor will he ever be, a team-first guy. For that reason alone, he would never fit in with the Steelers and there's no way the Rooneys would have the slightest interest. Add to that the lunatic amount of money some desperate team is going to pay him, and it's a no brainer. He'll never be a Steeler, and that's just fine with me!

lilyoder6
02-04-2008, 03:16 PM
well i agree with u but i think ocho could change going to a dif team.. i mean look at T.O. pissed off at philly and now loves dallas and tony... Randy Moss, didn't give a damn if he played 100% a play at oak, but actually played evry down and blocked ppl.. so i think he could change if he went to a good team that would set him straight..

alittlejazzbird
02-04-2008, 03:59 PM
well i agree with u but i think ocho could change going to a dif team.. i mean look at T.O. pissed off at philly and now loves dallas and tony... Randy Moss, didn't give a damn if he played 100% a play at oak, but actually played evry down and blocked ppl.. so i think he could change if he went to a good team that would set him straight..

I get your point, and this is a little off-topic, but...I don't think Randy Moss has changed as much as you think. He's about to be a free-agent, and he's already on record saying last night that he didn't get the ball enough. Winning makes everybody happy, but it's in losing that you find out what a player is really made of. So we'll see about Randy, but I'll be surprised if he's a Patriot next season.

If Chad Johnson, or some other diva wide receiver, came to the Steelers and they had a season where the team struggled, all that ugly stuff would rear its head. Not worth it, IMO.

KYSteelersfan
02-04-2008, 04:31 PM
If Chad Johson comes to Pittsburgh, then I might have to start rooting for Cleveland. And I really really really really don't wanna have to kill myself.

Tony19
02-04-2008, 07:12 PM
This is better than the "what if we got Randy Moss" thread... LOL.

:dang:

Not in a million years...

steelpride12
02-04-2008, 08:49 PM
If the Steelers picked up ocho cinco that would seriously be very amazing, but we would be taking a huge chance with him.
He is hands down my favorite receiver and the funniest guy i know, but i would be afraid he would not get the number of passes he did with the Bengals and here we go with another Randy Moss from the Raiders so this question is a toss up to me, but it would be worth the shot!

Rhee Rhee
02-04-2008, 09:28 PM
i dont like him... reminds me of mario manningham... talks waaay too much...

between randy and chad i'd go with randy everyday of the week...

Fullback&Punter
02-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Why all the hatred for Chad Johnson? Yeah, I know he plays for the Bungles but this guy is a hard worker, plays tough (he goes over the middle a lot), and by all accounts I've read, a good teammate. Where is all this locker room cancer and selfish player stuff coming from? Yeah, he does crazy TD celebrations but I can't think of one that wasn't just for fun and never made fun of or taunted the other team. This guy is not Randy Moss or TO. I'd love to have him on the team! I think it has about a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of happening but I would cheer like crazy if we got him!!!!

revefsreleets
02-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Why all the hatred for Chad Johnson? Yeah, I know he plays for the Bungles but this guy is a hard worker, plays tough (he goes over the middle a lot), and by all accounts I've read, a good teammate. Where is all this locker room cancer and selfish player stuff coming from? Yeah, he does crazy TD celebrations but I can't think of one that wasn't just for fun and never made fun of or taunted the other team. This guy is not Randy Moss or TO. I'd love to have him on the team! I think it has about a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of happening but I would cheer like crazy if we got him!!!!

Christ, dude, he punched his coach in the locker room during the '05 playoff loss to the Steelers.

Is that acceptable behavior for you?

Fullback&Punter
02-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Christ, dude, he punched his coach in the locker room during the '05 playoff loss to the Steelers.

Is that acceptable behavior for you?

That was going around on message boards but never confirmed by anyone. Show it to me from something other than a message board. No one ever named a source that I know of.

SuckItUp
02-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah...I actually agree whole heartedly. If it was logistically possible, it would be the answer to Ben's "tall reciever" request in one of the most skilled wide outs in the game, and it would at the same time seriously cripple a divisional rival! How could you not find that 2 in 1 appealing???

I don't care how much you dislike the Bengals, Chad Johnson is a rediculously talented reciever that would make Hines, Santonio, Miller and Parker even that much better! With that kind of skill on offense, who do you cover? Seriously?

On a side note...if Arians or some other fat, mentally lazy coach sucked at play calling, I would welcome a good headlock or punch in the chunk ripples from Chad! If you don't utilize the weapons you have, you deserve to get beat down...fatty.

Tankus_Maximus
02-04-2008, 11:34 PM
OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is the definition of anti-Steeler if there ever was one!!!

revefsreleets
02-05-2008, 10:20 AM
That was going around on message boards but never confirmed by anyone. Show it to me from something other than a message board. No one ever named a source that I know of.

Here's one: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7343980?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

"Alledged", yes, but why would Lewis threaten the leaker?

So Lewis has chosen to enable, going as far as making excuses when Johnson's selfish behavior extended to an alleged locker-room shoving match with coaches (including a swing at Lewis) at halftime of the Bengals' Jan. 8, 2006 playoff loss to the Steelers.

Coming off an 11-5 regular season and having been crowned the toast of Cincinnati, Lewis responded to that Johnson meltdown by vowing to cut the player who leaked the fight information to the media.

More:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06265/724069-87.stm

Do you believe the Bengals when they deny the incident? I don't.

Johnson felt as if his team wasn't using him enough. He went off on the coaches. There were reports he choked position coach Hue Jackson and threw a punch at Lewis, accusations denied by all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2344347
More:

According to reports, Johnson, angry at not getting the ball enough, voiced his complaint at halftime of Cincinnati's 31-17 wild-card loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. The reports suggested that, after a heated exchange with an assistant coach, during which he had to be restrained, Johnson swung at Lewis.

Here is a seperate tribute to what a great "sport" the toofless wonder is:
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/14/chad-johnson-gets-into-two-fights-during-practice/

Stlr4ever
02-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Here's one: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7343980?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

"Alledged", yes, but why would Lewis threaten the leaker?

So Lewis has chosen to enable, going as far as making excuses when Johnson's selfish behavior extended to an alleged locker-room shoving match with coaches (including a swing at Lewis) at halftime of the Bengals' Jan. 8, 2006 playoff loss to the Steelers.

Coming off an 11-5 regular season and having been crowned the toast of Cincinnati, Lewis responded to that Johnson meltdown by vowing to cut the player who leaked the fight information to the media.

More:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06265/724069-87.stm

Do you believe the Bengals when they deny the incident? I don't.

Johnson felt as if his team wasn't using him enough. He went off on the coaches. There were reports he choked position coach Hue Jackson and threw a punch at Lewis, accusations denied by all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2344347
More:

According to reports, Johnson, angry at not getting the ball enough, voiced his complaint at halftime of Cincinnati's 31-17 wild-card loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. The reports suggested that, after a heated exchange with an assistant coach, during which he had to be restrained, Johnson swung at Lewis.

Here is a seperate tribute to what a great "sport" the toofless wonder is:
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/14/chad-johnson-gets-into-two-fights-during-practice/

-----------------------------------------------
Chad is too immature and selfish to be a Steeler.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2008, 10:40 AM

Listen to sports radio or ESPN...this is not "fabricated" material, there is OBVIOUSLY a problem with Chad. When asked who has his back ...he said "Carson & TJ..no one else" ....that is from his own mouth.

So now, you can believe that 50 guys on a team are the problem...or you can believe tht Chad is the problem...your choice. But I think the answer is obvious and I dont want him anywhere NEAR my Steelers.

lilyoder6
02-05-2008, 11:31 AM
honestly if they were going to spend the big money to get chad i would want to get samuel so then we have 2 very good cb's. we alrdy have 2 good wr's, we need a cb.. but if we get a chance to get both.. either one would be good.

PisnNapalm
02-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Can we lock this thread? The thought of this clown ever wearing a Steelers jersey is sickening to me.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Can we lock this thread? The thought of this clown ever wearing a Steelers jersey is sickening to me.

The closest he will ever come to a Steeler jersey is when he got plastered by a big #27 and had his "Teef" knocked out.

memphissteelergirl
02-05-2008, 12:29 PM
NO!!!

Next question please....:smile:

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Ok, I've been avoiding this thread...but here it goes.

Do I hate his on the field antics, yes, would he Ben and Ward and Santonio get along? That's the question? Would he pull a Moss and take a back seat to the "team" and play like a good boy or would he pee in the pool. Just because of that potential, I say keep him off the team. I just don't need the team upset by some loud mouth loser.
However, if he were to come, his contract would be so loaded down with "off the field issue clauses" that the slightest peep from him would get his arse tossed out of the NFL faster than that dude who took a late hit on Jim McMahon back in the 80s...I'm talking black list the SOB if he acts up. Ask Bam Morris if the Rooney's have any power when it comes to Black Listing a player.

HometownGal
02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
On a side note...if Arians or some other fat, mentally lazy coach sucked at play calling, I would welcome a good headlock or punch in the chunk ripples from Chad! If you don't utilize the weapons you have, you deserve to get beat down...fatty.

I seriously hope you are jesting.

If a "weapon" that an OC has is too busy showboating, pimping himself and acting like a total jackass instead of doing the job he is paid millions to do, HE is the one who deserves to get beat down by the OC, HC and his teammates before he's thrown out the locker room door on his noggin. No names mentioned here, of course. :wink02:

revefsreleets
02-05-2008, 05:47 PM
I've changed my mind. The Steelers should sign CJ...with the caveat in the contract that before he signs the deal he must be taken out into a field and get his ass kicked by every Steeler player he's ever disrespected. If he can run and survive that gauntlet, then he's in.

Translation: Keep the garbage out of the Steelers locker room, which is exactly what the Rooney's are best at.

tony hipchest
02-06-2008, 03:08 PM
once chad gets a taste of a bullet pass from ben in the pro bowl, as opposed to the limp wristed lobs hes used to getting from palmer, he wont wanna have anything to do with the steelers other than the traditional shutdown by them twice a year.

jrsheatler2002
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Forget Ocho Cinco, how good would Michael Turner be in a Steeler Uniform?

fansince'76
02-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Forget Ocho Cinco, how good would Michael Turner be in a Steeler Uniform?

Not happening either, for two reasons:

1. Too much money.
2. He wants to be the featured back - he won't be with the Steelers.

However, I definitely wouldn't mind having Turner as a change-of-pace back. I wouldn't want the clown known as CJ anywhere near the Steelers, even on the cheap. So it's definitely not a case of not wanting Turner at all.

Steelerstrength
02-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I've changed my mind. The Steelers should sign CJ...with the caveat in the contract that before he signs the deal he must be taken out into a field and get his ass kicked by every Steeler player he's ever disrespected. If he can run and survive that gauntlet, then he's in.

Translation: Keep the garbage out of the Steelers locker room, which is exactly what the Rooney's are best at.

Sounds like a plan to me! I would pay to see that! :bash:

Agreed on not allowing a cancer into the sacred locker room.

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah, no to the cancer, you've convinced me.

Stlrs4Life
02-06-2008, 06:25 PM
NO, But Hell No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilyoder6
02-06-2008, 11:16 PM
cj is a good player but his mouth gets him into more trouble than his skills are worth.. yes, it would be nice if he would act staright for once, but oh well.. i want samuel in black and gold

Borski
02-07-2008, 01:00 AM
If I knew he would stop showboating and play, then yes....but no one can guarantee that so no.

bratsinmybelly
02-07-2008, 10:02 PM
:puke: The mere thought of it turns my stomach.

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Nevermind the fact the punk has a big mouth, has a huge ego, chokes in big games and punches people on the coaching staff.

What exactly did he do last season? Besides bitch and moan, he wasn't even the best WR on that pathetic excuse for a team. He bobbled more balls than Jenna Jameson if I recall correctly. Hell, I would rather see the money spent on new towels and water bottles for Steelers TC.

F-Chad Johnson. Let somebody else pay for his overrated, underachieving big mouth. I can only imagine the first time Roethlisberger doesn't hit him square in the numbers or doesn't hit him 'enough'. Maybe it will take an unhappy Roethlisberger or an insult from CJ to BR. Figures.

I'll pass. Next.....o-lineman.

lilyoder6
02-07-2008, 11:28 PM
thats what i'm saying his not worth the bickering to get him... he's good but as stated above if he doesn't get enough attention he goes yellin at ppl.. or or maybe he does the yellina dn hittin coaches b/c he loses so much/??

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2008, 11:33 PM
or maybe he does the yellina dn hittin coaches b/c he loses so much/??

Even if that is the case, is that an excuse to strike another individual?

Maybe I'm getting old, but I've always been taught that you should respect the coaching staff no matter what......win or lose. That doesn't mean you have to like them, but to physically attack them or call them out in the media every other month is low class and lacks maturity in my book.

I guess if you have an excuse (coaching staff = losses/coaching staff = doesn't make me happy)), physically or verbally attacking a coach is all good? If that is the case, God help us.

SuckItUp
02-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Listen...some of you may think that buying water bottles and towels will make your team look better...and it would...but it wouldn't make your team PERFORM any better.

No matter how much you want to follow each other by the coat tales, and regardless of how little common sence, imagination, or back bone you may have, you simply can't ignore talent like his. Like I mentioned before, a player of his caliber would spread defenses, open holes, and weaken an offensive jugernaught in our own division. How can that possibly be bad?

Bottom Line: If you want a team that looks better, buy new water bottles. If you want a team that plays better, get the best available talent at the best available price.

Aussie_steeler
02-08-2008, 03:56 AM
This is another Drew Rosenhaus smoke screen.

The Bengals signed Johnson to a six-year contract extension in April 2006. They tore up a deal that had four years remaining. Johnson is under contract with the Bengals through 2011. The total deal is worth $35.5 million, $16 million of which was paid in the past two years.

Johnson's contract calls for a $3 million base salary in 2008, and he would count $6.3 million against the Bengals salary cap next season. That cap number would go up to $8.8 million if he were traded or released.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2008/02/espncom-chad-might-sit-if-no-trade.asp

Chad has made big money over the last two years. He has bled the bengals for instant cash and now he wants to leave. Rosenhaus will try to renegotiate his contract so that he can get friendly numbers that facilitate a trade and the bengals can get some compensation (2nd round pick??) . If the contract is not renegotiated the only scenario is holdout / sitout year.

Does this smell like the Owens saga of a few years ago? Cowboys anyone????

Cokko Incho in black and gold........The same chance as McNabb in a steelers uniform....NONE.

fansince'76
02-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Listen...some of you may think that buying water bottles and towels will make your team look better...and it would...but it wouldn't make your team PERFORM any better.

Locker room cancers make teams perform better? Oh yeah, he's really pushed the Bengals over the top with his presence on their roster. :rolleyes:

revefsreleets
02-08-2008, 09:56 AM

No matter how much you want to follow each other by the coat tales, and regardless of how little common sence, imagination, or back bone you may have, you simply can't ignore talent like his. Like I mentioned before, a player of his caliber would spread defenses, open holes, and weaken an offensive jugernaught in our own division. How can that possibly be bad?

Bottom Line: If you want a team that looks better, buy new water bottles. If you want a team that plays better, get the best available talent at the best available price.

This sounds awful familiar. The insulting and condescending tone and the accusations of "group think".

Yes, it is easy to ignore "talent like his", In the same way you ignore talent like TO's, or Barry Bonds, or Maurice Clarett, or any other club house poison. Chad is a fool, and he has no place on a true "team". It actually takes common sense, backbone and imagination to think beyond today's "win at any cost" mentality, which has worked so well for the Yankees as of late.

lilyoder6
02-08-2008, 10:42 AM
T.O. is not a poison at dallas.. i mean hell, he even stood up for his qb when the lost the game to the g-men,

83-Steelers-43
02-08-2008, 10:44 AM

Yeah, even if it means the strong possibility of that particular player destroying your locker room. Win at all costs right? We have all seen how well that mentality has worked for Cincinnati.

Mark me down as having little "common sence" and lacking imagination and a back bone for not wanting that jackass on our roster. But hey, you can always call up the Rooney's and see how they feel about signing Chad Johnson, but something tells me they will also be lacking "common sence".

83-Steelers-43
02-08-2008, 10:45 AM
T.O. is not a poison at dallas.. i mean hell, he even stood up for his qb when the lost the game to the g-men,

If you bought that act, I also have a bridge for sale. :wink02:

fansince'76
02-08-2008, 11:05 AM

That "defense" of Romo by T.O. was about as sincere as Belichick's "apology" for cheating. :yawn:

tony hipchest
02-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Close Out Sale! All Must Go! Bargain Basement Prices!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/pitt2074.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/pitt7010.jpg

CantStop85
02-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Chad Johnson for Casey Hampton...straight up...make it happen. :flap:

Dino 6 Rings
02-08-2008, 05:17 PM
How about a 4th round draft in 2018 for Chad, that's a fair trade.

The Duke
02-08-2008, 05:22 PM
How about a 4th round draft in 2018 for Chad, that's a fair trade.

no way! we may need that pick for our next punter :flap:

maybe a compensatory pick in round 7, maybe!

7/39/43
02-08-2008, 06:48 PM
how about the browns give us 8 million and pay fines for his antics plus a complimentary draft pick
other than stay away ocho cinco

Pittsburghfan
02-08-2008, 10:56 PM
how about the browns give us 8 million and pay fines for his antics plus a complimentary draft pick
other than stay away ocho cinco

Browns? Last i knew Mucho Gayo played played for the Sissynati Bungholes..

we dont want chad.

But MAYBE we could pass for Johnson for a 8th round pick

NOTHINGTOSEEHEREdont tell them there are only 7 rounds.NOTHINGTOSEEHERE

MDSteel15
02-09-2008, 02:03 AM

One word... NO

7/39/43
02-10-2008, 06:57 PM
:party:Browns? Last i knew Mucho Gayo played played for the Sissynati Bungholes..

we dont want chad.

But MAYBE we could pass for Johnson for a 8th round pick

NOTHINGTOSEEHEREdont tell them there are only 7 rounds.NOTHINGTOSEEHERE

didn't even noticed that I typed that ! I knowit's the bungals:dang::dang:

Rhee Rhee
02-11-2008, 04:00 AM
chad johnson... ewww... i wonder how anthony smith or joey porter would feel about this..

Edman
02-11-2008, 10:06 AM
The Steelers used to have an underachieving, Soft WR despite height. His name was Plaxico Burress.

Chad quits on plays, he plays soft, spends too much time blabbing on and on about how great he is, and has as much heart as a computer screen: none.

Glace
02-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Although his gold mohawk would make a lot more sense if he played for Pittsburgh....

I do not want this scum on our team. Not now. Not EVER.

lilyoder6
02-11-2008, 10:26 AM
if chad would come to the steelers his attitude could change... and don't tell me he can't b/c 2 of the biggest *******s in the game changed there attitude when they went to a dif team.. T.O=happy in dallas.. Randy=happy in NE.. so if the only reason u don't want him on the team his b/c of his attitude is a bad excuse..

83-Steelers-43
02-11-2008, 10:42 AM
if chad would come to the steelers his attitude could change... and don't tell me he can't b/c 2 of the biggest *******s in the game changed there attitude when they went to a dif team.. T.O=happy in dallas.. Randy=happy in NE.. so if the only reason u don't want him on the team his b/c of his attitude is a bad excuse..

Yeah, it only took T.O. a few teams before he changed. Maybe we can be CJ's Philadelphia Eagles? .

For me, it's not just his attitude that I'm using as an "excuse" to not sign the bum...

#1 - I see no problem with Ward and Holmes.

#2 - What exactly did CJ do last season that was so special?

#3 - What's it going to cost? We are going to make our QB the highest paid Steeler in history. That's not counting anybody else we plan on signing.

#4 - Don't we have biggers worries this year than trying to bring in a cancer WR?

#5 - There will be other options out there at WR when it comes to eventually replacing Hines Ward. I think I'll wait to see what those options will be rather than taking the chance on Chad Johnson becoming a born again.

If the Rooney's go out and sign Chad Johnson, I will be more than happy to eat my crow.

fansince'76
02-11-2008, 10:45 AM

Yep, I'm saying right now that a leopard can't change its spots. T.O. was happy in Philly at one time as well - the year they got to the SB, and everything rapidly went downhill the year after that, didn't it? It's a matter of when, not if, the other shoe drops in Dallas. Moss has already said in so many words he's going to the highest bidder this offseason in FA, so it's not like he wouldn't be willing to say bye-bye to NE - he's not going to continue to play for the minimum wage.

Wide receiver Randy Moss, another free agent, also reiterated his desire to stay.

“If I am in a New England Patriot uniform next year, I would love to be in one,” Moss said. “If I am not, you know, the show must go on.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1071147

Oh yeah, Moss is really dedicated to the Pats* cause. :yawn:

7/39/43
02-11-2008, 10:57 AM
well if 85 was with the tem at least Smith wouldn't to worry about getting beat by him!
I would rather see tj housyourmamma instead

lilyoder6
02-11-2008, 11:03 AM
i am happy with the wr's we have and i don't want cj either but ppl are just saying that they don't want us to get him b/c of his attitude... thats just stupid.. and i think T.O hasn't made it to the nfc championship game for 2 yrs now and he hasn't bitched, and even stood up for romo at the end.. and randy i knew it was too good to be true.. lol

fansince'76
02-11-2008, 11:03 AM
well if 85 was with the tem at least Smith wouldn't to worry about getting beat by him!
I would rather see tj housyourmamma instead

When's the last time CJ scored a TD against the Steelers? 2004? :scratchchin:

83-Steelers-43
02-11-2008, 11:21 AM
they don't want us to get him b/c of his attitude... thats just stupid..

Well, I guess we will agree to disagree.

I don't find the reason to be stupid. It hasn't stopped the Rooney's from avoiding and even cutting players in the past. Call me crazy, but maybe they are not keen on bringing in a player who punched a coach? He did that while playing on a playoff contending team. Imagine what the guy would do if he lands on a team that doesn't make the playoffs or if he feels he is not getting the ball enough? It's a risk that I'm not willing to take.

I can see it now....

Johnson attacks Arians, calls out Roethlisberger
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
November 8, 2008

and even stood up for romo at the end

T.O. was sincere and O.J. is innocent. :wink02:

lilyoder6
02-11-2008, 03:25 PM
well him hitting his coach is an iffy, i wasn' there, u weren't there so we really don't what happened.. and u can't beleive what ppl write b/c they twist stories, exp, ben and ward thing..

83-Steelers-43
02-11-2008, 04:10 PM
well him hitting his coach is an iffy, i wasn' there, u weren't there so we really don't what happened.. and u can't beleive what ppl write b/c they twist stories, exp, ben and ward thing..

So a former Bengal confirming the report is not enough?

"Absolutely, because Marvin Lewis has his own problems," Esiason said during an appearance on the WDVE-FM Morning Show. "They had a huge fight in that locker room at halftime. It's the truth, flat out. (Wide receiver) Chad Johnson got into it with their wide receivers coach, Hue Jackson. (Wide receiver) T. J. Houshmandzadeh and Marvin came over to break it up and Chad was uncontrollable.

"He wanted the ball more, screaming and yelling," Esiason said. "Guys are trying to tell him calm down; we're all in this together; your quarterback's hurt. I mean, show a little professionalism, for crying out loud.

"He's a knucklehead. He's a wide receiver in the NFL. Not everybody can be Hines Ward. If I could have 100 Hines Wards on my team, we would never lose a game. The bottom line is that (Ward) is the quintessential, unselfish, tremendous football player that every wide receiver should be like. He never complains. He blocks downfield. He understands his role in the offense and he just loves winning."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_412642.html

The media's fault, why not?

Hypothetically, even if he didn't hit his coach, something did occur at HT during a playoff game in which they were leading at the time. He doesn't really sound like a team player. Throw a fit while a playoff game is on the line and while your team is winning because your not getting the ball enough, classy.

Steelers material? I don't think so.

SuckItUp
02-13-2008, 02:30 AM
Like I always say..."If your coach sucks, put him in a headlock!" Words to live by ladies...words to live by...

Anyways, you all are ignoring one major flaw in your 'C.J. doesn't score on us' theory. The reason he doesn't score on us is because Ike lines up with him no matter where he goes. In case you've missed it, or were otherwise lacking mentally in some manner, Ike is a pretty darned good corner. He just can't catch an interception to save his life.

SOOO....if your #1 reciever is being blanketed by the opposing team's #1 corner, who do you throw to? Your pro bowl #2 reciever...Housh! And if I'm not mistaken, Housh scores on us EVERY DARN TIME we play them! The point is, having a C.J, Moss, or T.O. automatically takes away the opponent's best corner. Gone. Nonexistent. So, all I'm saying people in T.V. land....is if we have Chad, then how much better would Ward, Holmes, Miller and Parker be?

I know somewhere in your vast chasm of football knowledge this makes sense to you. And it's o.k. to change your mind with this. You can't always be right you know...

sherlock
02-13-2008, 03:23 AM
I`m way too new to the NFL to comment on his playing ability,but taking soccer as an example,when a "big-time Charlie" newly arrives in a locker room you can guarantee that form will dip.
It happens time and time again.....too many ego`s spoil the broth.

lilyoder6
02-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Quote:
"Absolutely, because Marvin Lewis has his own problems," Esiason said during an appearance on the WDVE-FM Morning Show. "They had a huge fight in that locker room at halftime. It's the truth, flat out. (Wide receiver) Chad Johnson got into it with their wide receivers coach, Hue Jackson. (Wide receiver) T. J. Houshmandzadeh and Marvin came over to break it up and Chad was uncontrollable.

"He wanted the ball more, screaming and yelling," Esiason said. "Guys are trying to tell him calm down; we're all in this together; your quarterback's hurt. I mean, show a little professionalism, for crying out loud.

"He's a knucklehead. He's a wide receiver in the NFL. Not everybody can be Hines Ward. If I could have 100 Hines Wards on my team, we would never lose a game. The bottom line is that (Ward) is the quintessential, unselfish, tremendous football player that every wide receiver should be like. He never complains. He blocks downfield. He understands his role in the offense and he just loves winning."

oh i'm sry where in there did they say he hit the coach???????????????
they just said they got into a fight...........

WV-SteelerFan
02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Let me preface this by saying that I KNOW I don't post here very often (if much at all) & this is just my 2 cents...

Like I always say..."If your coach sucks, put him in a headlock!" Words to live by ladies...words to live by...

Anyways, you all are ignoring one major flaw in your 'C.J. doesn't score on us' theory. The reason he doesn't score on us is because Ike lines up with him no matter where he goes. In case you've missed it, or were otherwise lacking mentally in some manner, Ike is a pretty darned good corner. He just can't catch an interception to save his life.

SOOO....if your #1 reciever is being blanketed by the opposing team's #1 corner, who do you throw to? Your pro bowl #2 reciever...Housh! And if I'm not mistaken, Housh scores on us EVERY DARN TIME we play them! The point is, having a C.J, Moss, or T.O. automatically takes away the opponent's best corner. Gone. Nonexistent. So, all I'm saying people in T.V. land....is if we have Chad, then how much better would Ward, Holmes, Miller and Parker be?

I know somewhere in your vast chasm of football knowledge this makes sense to you. And it's o.k. to change your mind with this. You can't always be right you know...

So (MY understanding of what you're saying) the Steelers should "sacrifice" the offense of Ward, Holmes, Miller & Parker to make sure CJ is "happy" & getting the ball enough? Pittsburgh (IMO) doesn't run an offense in which they really need another playmaker, they just "need" (and maybe need is too strong a word) to expand the offense to take advantage of the ones they have.

83-Steelers-43
02-13-2008, 10:07 AM
oh i'm sry where in there did they say he hit the coach???????????????
they just said they got into a fight...........

Hypothetically, even if he didn't hit his coach, something did occur at HT during a playoff game in which they were leading at the time. He doesn't really sound like a team player. Throw a fit while a playoff game is on the line and while your team is winning because your not getting the ball enough, classy.

Yeah, you keep ignoring that part of the post. W/e works for you. :thumbsup:

So in order to consider a player a cancer with a bad attitude these days, he has to punch a coach? What a sad day for sports, thankfully the Rooney's are not dumb enough to take a gamble on CJ and his baggage.

But, but, but... Chad Johnson will automatically be a changed man if he puts on a Steelers jersey. Like T.O. in Philadelphia.....errr.....I mean in Dallas.

It sounds so right when playing Madden 08.

fansince'76
02-13-2008, 10:46 AM

And the Bengals have cracked 20 points a grand total of 2 times in the last 8 regular season games against us dating back to 2004. Thanks, but we can still live very well without him. Let Dan Snyder overpay him to be a decoy.

lilyoder6
02-13-2008, 12:41 PM
hey i agree that let the skins get cj, i don't like him, he is an asshole, but i don't see that he hit the coach, i mean evryone has attitude problems in there life, maybe we shouldn't keep ben b/c he started something with hines (even tho it was blown out of proportion and they made up and i know it was a stupid article)

83-Steelers-43
02-13-2008, 01:00 PM
So we went from this.....

so if the only reason u don't want him on the team his b/c of his attitude is a bad excuse..

but ppl are just saying that they don't want us to get him b/c of his attitude... thats just stupid..

to this...

hey i agree that let the skins get cj, i don't like him, he is an asshole,

Makes sense. :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
02-13-2008, 02:59 PM
if u looked at the 2nd post (i'll post here again) i said i didn't WANT HIM. so u should actually read the post and not just parts of it

i am happy with the wr's we have and i don't want cj either but ppl are just saying that they don't want us to get him b/c of his attitude... thats just stupid..

83-Steelers-43
02-13-2008, 04:46 PM
if u looked at the 2nd post (i'll post here again) i said i didn't WANT HIM. so u should actually read the post and not just parts of it

i am happy with the wr's we have and i don't want cj either but ppl are just saying that they don't want us to get him b/c of his attitude... thats just stupid..

Your inital complaint was that if fans do not want Chad Johnson on this team simply because of his attitude, that's a "stupid" reason and a "bad excuse".

Yet, you go on to state that the Redskins can have him, he's an "asshole".

So it's fine if you don't want him on this team because he's an "asshole", but if anybody else states they do not want him for that reason it's "stupid" and a "bad excuse".

I see now. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

lilyoder6
02-13-2008, 08:09 PM
i am agreeing that he is an asshole, but i would still want him on my team if we didn't have the 2 starters we do, thats y i am saying let the skins have him b/c we alrdy have 2 good wr's, i'm not saying, oh if he wants to come to us lets not take him b/c he has a bad attitude. if we had ced or nate as # 2 and no holmes i would be saying lets get him.. but we have ward and holmes and we don't need a #1 or #2 wr.

and on that qoute, Yet, you go on to state that the Redskins can have him, he's an "asshole". i'm not saying that they can have him b/c he is ann asshole b/c we don't need him talent wise..

lilyoder6
02-13-2008, 08:14 PM
i guess u can't see that me saying he is an asshole, <-- COMMA which means another statement not neccassirly meaning it has to relate to what it was said b4 the comma-- to me saying let the skins get him b/c we don't need a # 1 or # 2 wr.

SteelersJW
02-13-2008, 08:18 PM
He's sayin all that stuff about "what great one doesn't want to win." I don't see how he can consider himself "one of the greats" already. He hasn't done enough yet to be mension amoung Jerry Rice, Lance Alworth, or Marvin Harrison.

revefsreleets
02-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Look, stop all the madness. CJ will never wear the B&G. Never ever ever ever ever...it will never happen. The Rooney's would never sign him . So all you self-professed football geniuses can stop. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

And here's what happens to teams (like the Bengals) that sign garbage like him...they lose. They lose year after year after year. If they have a couple good years out of 20, they are happy. They never win the big game. They sell their souls and still end up losers. It's a losing proposition. Arguing on a message board won't change the facts.

83-Steelers-43
02-13-2008, 09:20 PM
i am agreeing that he is an asshole, but i would still want him on my team if we didn't have the 2 starters we do, thats y i am saying let the skins have him b/c we alrdy have 2 good wr's, i'm not saying, oh if he wants to come to us lets not take him b/c he has a bad attitude. if we had ced or nate as # 2 and no holmes i would be saying lets get him.. but we have ward and holmes and we don't need a #1 or #2 wr.

and on that qoute, Yet, you go on to state that the Redskins can have him, he's an "asshole". i'm not saying that they can have him b/c he is ann asshole b/c we don't need him talent wise..

lol, okay, whatever.

It's just odd that you stated that the skins could have him and directly next to that statement (in the same sentence), you stated "he's an asshole". Just a little odd.

Anyways, like a few already stated, it doesn't really matter simply because the Rooney's are not dumb to roll the dice on an "asshole" who had a mental breakdown during a playoff game in which they were winning simply because he wasn't getting the ball enough. Thank God.

lilyoder6
02-13-2008, 10:20 PM
thats why i put a comma after the remark about going to the skins... he would be asking for too much money any way for some one who hasn't really produce...

on a side note i thought cj had 16 touchdowns celebrations this yr.. too bad he only got to use 1 to my knowledge,

83-Steelers-43
02-13-2008, 10:21 PM
The answer is simple.
Mr. H.O.F. is NOT a Team Player.
He is a Self-Promoter.
Applications not being accepted!
Hit the road a**wipe!

Well said and straight to the point. :toofunny::cheers:

Maybe CJ will make the cover of SI next year and have a Ray Lewis cover...

The Gospel According to Chad Johnson: BORN AGAIN, FROM "ASSHOLE" TO TEAM PLAYER

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0611/gallery.nfl.raylewis/images/016256240covfinal.jpg

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Big D
02-14-2008, 04:10 PM
to trade for 85 would be like selling your soul to the devil. No thanks

Hapa
02-14-2008, 09:43 PM
The Bengals - Steelers rivalry is kept alive almost 100% by the Pittsburgh corners and the Cincinnati receivers. There wasn't really much team rivalry there because Cincinnati was so bad and there was no competition. When you watch Pitt play Cin you really see after every pass play there is pushing between the two.

Him + the corners = dead people.
wouldn't work.

rick723
02-16-2008, 10:15 PM
ochostinko sucks, send him to Oakland. Better yet, New England so he can choke next year, in the accg, in Pittsburgh