PDA

View Full Version : Was this the best non-Steelers Super Bowl EVER???

JackHammer
02-03-2008, 09:12 PM
My first Super Bowl memories are from the Bills/Skins. I can't remember a Super Bowl that was this good except for maybe the Titans Rams because of the ending. I'd say this was the best for the obvious reason of the Pats blowing the perfect season and because of the game itself too.Where does this rank for everybody else???

Kittyfish
02-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Was this thebest non-Steelers Super Bowl EVER??? Why, yes, yes it was. Woot!

Elvis
02-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Yep... it definitely was. Congratulations to the Giants.. they have won the super bowl and I am their biggest Steelers fan out here..

MarylandSteeler
02-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I have only been watching football for 5 years, but from what I hear from people, this is one of the best ever, not only for the fact that the Pats were trying to go undefeated, but the fact that it was an all around good game.

Every play mattered, there wasn't a dull moment, and I think that this is deffinatly the best Non-Steelers Superbowl.

Steeler in Carolina
02-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Yes it was.

fansince'76
02-03-2008, 09:27 PM
I got more satisfaction out of this one than any other SBs (outside the 3 I have seen the Steelers win), so yes.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Of the six non-Steelers SuperBowls I have seen yes by far the best.

Edman
02-03-2008, 09:46 PM
This was definately the best non-Steelers Super Bowl I ever watched. A classic. Maybe because I hate the New England Patriots to hell so much and it's justice to see them finally lose.

Congratulations to the New York Giants. But in reality, NFL fans all over the country outside of Mass-hole Central won tonight.

PisnNapalm
02-03-2008, 09:47 PM
It's one of the best ones I can remember.

Borski
02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Yes, by far!

SteelCurtain
02-03-2008, 09:55 PM
great game and the pats lose....i don't know how you can get a much better game than that unless it was the steelers that beat them. this is definitely one of the best i've seen

OX1947
02-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Whether this game was or not. Giants have been involved in the best ever. You can pick this one or XXV. WOW, I love the Giants, I love Manning, I love everyone in New York!!!!!!!!!!! I pick this one though........

Steel_Bus_24
02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
yeah it was a great game....and BelliCHEAT storming off the field was just classic and oh so satisfying....This was a long time coming and it culminated about as perfect as it could be outside of a Steelers SB Run

jjpro11
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
reminded me a lot of super bowl XXIII.. 49ers vs bengals. seeing brady get his ass kicked all game was so sweet.

Counselor
02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
WOW just Wow! That has to be close to the best non-steeler SB! I loved it. so psyched!

klick81
02-03-2008, 10:41 PM
This was great. Superbowls are usually not very exciting, but this one was GREAT. Not to mention that it involved making the Patsies 18-1. I think that makes it an instant CLASSIC.

Godfather
02-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I have to watch it on replay. I avoided the TV for most of the fourth quarter becaue I was afraid I'd jinx the Giants.

I did see the winning TD though.

X-Terminator
02-03-2008, 10:47 PM
You know, I did what I said I would and did not watch or listen to 1 second of the game...and now I wish I hadn't.

On behalf of Steeler Nation and NFL fans everywhere, I'd just like to say THANK YOU NEW YORK for saving the integrity of the game! :cheers:

CanadianSteel
02-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I am going to bed so happy tonight .... not quite as happy (or drunk) as 2 years ago but very happy none the less!
Screw the * .. it looks good on them and I am loving seeing then eat crow in the media tonight & all week long....

Quasar
02-03-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm going to say this was the best the Steelers were not involved in. Other 2 would have to be Rams-Titans, and Giants-Bills, because of how close the games were at the end.

I don't think I've had a happier football moment- outside the Steelers- since the Giants beat the 49ers in the 1990 NFC Championship Game, and Pat Summerall said, "There will be NO 3-Peat."

:tt02:

The Duke
02-03-2008, 10:59 PM
You know, I did what I said I would and did not watch or listen to 1 second of the game...and now I wish I hadn't.

I almost did that, but I watched the end of both halves and it was worth it

NJarhead
02-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Definately the best SB and greatest upset of all time. I am so happy for the Giants. I am also laughing my a$$ of at New England.

BozMan
02-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Definitely the best non-Steelers SB I have seen. For years, the best thing on Sundays for me outside of a Steelers win has been a Patriots loss. This loss by NE has been by far the most satisfying.

Godfather
02-03-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm partial to Montana beating the Bungholes about 20 years ago.

Steeldude
02-04-2008, 12:03 AM
amazing how bitter some steelers' fans are towards the patriots.

Preacher
02-04-2008, 12:12 AM

I don't condone cheating.

I am happy that a team that cheated got beat in the biggest game of the year, and the biggest game in the history of their franchise.

And before you go off, remember, I admired the Pats before this year. I didn't like their attitude at times, but I admired the way they played ball.

Not any more.

Cheaters don't prosper.

jjpro11
02-04-2008, 12:18 AM

go to every other nfl team's message board or talk to any of their fans.. 99% of football fans wanted them to go down.

fansince'76
02-04-2008, 12:21 AM

Sorry, but I enjoy the misery of cheaters, particularly cheaters that spit in the NFL's eye all season. Sue me.

jjpro11
02-04-2008, 12:22 AM
im still pumped and the game has been over for 3+ hours now.

Aussie_steeler
02-04-2008, 12:30 AM
I am pumped waiting to see what dragtruk's first post is going to be. It may take a few days as he is going to celebrate this event hard in his hometown.

This has the potential to be one of the greatest posts in Steelers Fever history.

Bring it on:jammin:

Rinkleroot
02-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Definitely one of the most satisfying SB's ever, seeing Brady on his ass all night long was priceless!!

tony hipchest
02-04-2008, 12:58 AM
i was sure to tune in to cardinals vs. 49ers on the 1st mnf game from mexico (while both teams were the shittiest in the league) so of co?rse i was gonna tune into this game.

i feel bad for those who turned their back on the NFL and boycotted watching it.

it was a great game and i thought the patriots were gonna win it the whole way. a nailbiter to the end.

but as far as the greatest nssbe? no way. giants vs. bills was 10X better. the supposed "greatest team ever" didnt even bother showing up for this one. or they did show up, and prove to be some of the biggest sports frauds ever???

great game though. :cheers: too bad the commercials sucked for all those who tuned in for just some lame assed commercials.

fansince'76
02-04-2008, 01:06 AM
the supposed "greatest team ever" didnt even bother showing up for this one. or they did show up, and prove to be some of the biggest sports frauds ever???

I would go with the latter - biggest sports frauds ever. Defense wins championships and they showed the same soft D when it mattered in the SB as they did in allowing the record 18-point AFCCG comeback by the Colts last year. And Brady ain't so hot when he has defenders in his grill the entire game either.

tony hipchest
02-04-2008, 01:21 AM
I would go with the latter - biggest sports frauds ever. Defense wins championships and they showed the same soft D when it mattered in the SB as they did in allowing the record 18-point AFCCG comeback by the Colts last year. And Brady ain't so hot when he has defenders in his grill the entire game either.i go with the latter too.

tom brady proved to be one of the biggest pusses ever if you hit him, and the whole team ran out of gas knowing they shot their load in the final game of the season.

of course they totally bought into their own hype ant completely forgot about not disrespecting the opponent. go figure.

im not sure how 1 of the greatest chokejobs of all times can be seen as one of the greatest games of all time.

however it is great the patriots lost. i rooted more against them than i probably have for almost any (non steeler opponent/ or bills) sb team ever.

Rhee Rhee
02-04-2008, 01:36 AM
in my opinion aside from the first half... it was great!

i felt it was a litttle dull but the second half more than made up for it... it was quite good... seeing brady and the patriots o-ine get teed up..

Steeldude
02-04-2008, 04:25 AM

I am happy that a team that cheated got beat in the biggest game of the year, and the biggest game in the history of their franchise.

And before you go off, remember, I admired the Pats before this year. I didn't like their attitude at times, but I admired the way they played ball.

Not any more.

Cheaters don't prosper.

did they cheat against the steelers?

i seriously doubt the pats are the only club stealing signal calls etc... the problem is they used a camera to tape it. it doesn't say anything about stealing signals without a camera. or does it?

geo123
02-04-2008, 04:45 AM
It was a great game, I don't think you could write a better script. After winning 17 reg. season games it is shocking they lost the SB.
The thing is that their play in the last few games certainly showed they could be beat, unlike early in the season when they dominated games.

X-Terminator
02-04-2008, 05:20 AM

i seriously doubt the pats are the only club stealing signal calls etc... the problem is they used a camera to tape it. it doesn't say anything about stealing signals without a camera. or does it?

Sorry, but the "everybody does it" excuse has already been played out. The fact of the matter is that what they did violated NFL rules, and Belichick, being the arrogant prick that he is, thumbed his nose at those rules, did it anyway, and got caught with his crooked hand in the cookie jar. I would call that a complete disregard for the integrity of the game. Couple that with his and his team's total lack of class and sportsmanship, and that is why they are so virulently hated and get the heat/criticism that they so richly deserve.

steel58
02-04-2008, 05:46 AM
YES!!!!!!!!

I still hate PLAXI but I was glad he made that catch!!! After watching the game, I believe Brady is the most overrrated QB of all time. Did he ever complete a pass that was more than 10 yards before the receiver started getting his yards after carry. I swear every completion must have been for 5 yards or less. If Big Ben (or most any QB in the league) had that kind of protection, New England wouldn't have come close to even making it to the Super Bowl.

Michael Keller
02-04-2008, 07:42 AM
The only two teams I ever had total dislike for were and are still yet , first the Raiders then the Cowoys with their ego maniac owner Jerry Jones .

Now I enter a third -THE PATRIOTS.

Primarily because of their meglamania COACH / I am glad Belichek is not in politics and or is the head of a nation third world or super power. This guy needs to get some help . No class at all , Unbelievable how he decides the game is over with no respect for obviousl rules and his post game interview for a man who is reputed as showing little emotions was disgusting. I hope the Pats begin to fall apart starting with Randy Moss. May this be the beginning of the end.

fansince'76
02-04-2008, 07:44 AM

Yeah, you're right - I feel utterly awful that they lost.

NOT!

revefsreleets
02-04-2008, 08:14 AM
A few mentioned were better: Titans/Rams, Niners/Bungals, Giants/Bills. But this was the most satisfying non-Steelers for sure. It felt like the hammer of the Gods came down in retribution on the Pats for all their past transgressions!

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Broncos vs Packers...that was a great superbowl.

SteelerHoo
02-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Hands down, best Non-Steeler SB for me. To see Brady get smacked around like that was pure joy. I have a sickness I know, but I am comfortable with my problems.

GutterflowerSteel
02-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Hands down, best Non-Steeler SB for me. To see Brady get smacked around like that was pure joy. I have a sickness I know, but I am comfortable with my problems.

+1000 Well said

While I was stocking up at the liquor store pre-game, there was a female Patriots fan standing in line, talking smack to everyone "We're the greatest team of all time, blahdeblahblahblah!" I commented, "You guys haven't won it all yet!" She put her nose up in the air and sneered when she saw my Steelers shirt and said, "Well, I guess it SUCKS for you if you're in the AFC this year!" So when Plax caught that TD, I flashed onto that moment and it just warmed my heart LOL!!! How you like me now, biotch? :flap:

That was beauty - I'm glad for all of the Giants, but especially for Toomer, Strahan, Coughlin, Eli and Plax. As for the Pats: INSTANT KARMA'S gonna gitcha - and oh, boy - did it :thumbsup:

Best Super Bowl ever, for me :cheers: It was quite the Sunday night entertainment to watch the Pats go down :tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Absolutely..one of the "I dont like sports" she-males at work told me this morning.."It was boring, you only liked it because you hate the Patriots. I couldnt even watch it."

My response?

1) DUH!!! The best games are those that you have some type of emotionally investment in.
2) If you didnt watch it...how do you know it was boring?

fansince'76
02-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Absolutely..one of the "I dont like sports" she-males at work told me this morning.."It was boring, you only liked it because you hate the Patriots. I couldnt even watch it."

My response?

1) DUH!!! The best games are those that you have some type of emotionally investment in.
2) If you didnt watch it...how do you know it was boring?

Actually, that game was FAR from boring, everything else aside.

klick81
02-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I thought it was a very good game from start to finish. Some people cannot appreciate good defensive battles, which is what the first 3 quarters were. I think it's the people that are relatively new to the sport that only find excitement in the shootouts.

memphissteelergirl
02-04-2008, 09:36 AM
great game and the pats lose....i don't know how you can get a much better game than that unless it was the steelers that beat them. this is definitely one of the best i've seen

:iagree: 100%

HometownGal
02-04-2008, 09:50 AM
This was definitely one of the top 3. The others were XX and XXXI - both Pats* losses, as well! :chicken:

The Pats blew their wad in the first 10 games of the season. The Giants waited until the perfect time to peak. Nothing pleased me more than to see that look of constipation on Beliprick*'s face and the frustration and desperation in A$$ Chin's eyes. :banana:

Stlrs4Life
02-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Yes by far the best. Wonder what and where old LivinginthePast is?

LambertIsGod58
02-04-2008, 10:27 AM

That's funny...I was wondering the same thing.

Borski
02-04-2008, 12:05 PM

Not any more.

Cheaters don't prosper.

I had the same mentality, I used to respect them as a team, key word "used to" before the cheating scandal.

rbryan
02-04-2008, 12:30 PM

I don't think he was really much of a patsie fan. He found a group of people here that he could annoy and worked it the max. He's probably on a message board somewhere impressing everyone with his knowledge of needle point.

The Patriot
02-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Man guys, I had the worst dream last night...

rbryan
02-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Cudos for coming here to take your medicine, but your real nightmare is about to begin. Spector and the latest spygate story aren't going away just because the patsies lost.

fansince'76
02-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Cudos for coming here to take your medicine, but I your real nightmare is about to begin. Spector and latest spygate story aren't going away just because the patsies lost.

Agreed - the karmic payback has started. Last night was only the beginning.

The Patriot
02-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Cudos for coming here to take your medicine, but your real nightmare is about to begin. Spector and the latest spygate story aren't going away just because the patsies lost.

Could you fetch me an article about that. I was on business when the story broke this weekend.

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Man guys, I had the worst dream last night...

:sofunny:

Props to you for showing up today - having been through some gut wrenching losses when rooting for what was assumed to be the better team (1972 Pirates - 1976 Steelers - 1998-99 Duke basketball) I know it is tough to lose under those circumstances

But, as others have posted, get ready for a serious beatdown this offfseason - now that the Pats are no longer the most wonderfulest team of all football time Goodell has no further need to protect your HC - after expressing shock that the Pats were not totally candid last September, Goodell may be looking at a major suspension of Belicheat to cool off Arlen Specter and Belicheat may never coach another game for the Pats (of course if he worked for the Rooneys he already would be gone)

rbryan
02-04-2008, 12:48 PM
You picked a good weekend to be on business. Tune into or log on to ESPN if you really want the story.

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Could you fetch me an article about that. I was on business when the story broke this weekend.

Gregg Easterbrook has a good column on why this broke now

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/080202&sportCat=nfl

ESPN has an article on former Pats video assistant Matt Walsh potentially talking about prior taping adventures- if you like Watergate analogies, if Belichick is Nixon then Walsh may be John Dean

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3226465

The Patriot
02-04-2008, 12:53 PM
You picked a good weekend to be on business. Tune into or log on to ESPN if you really want the story.

No thank you.

rbryan
02-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Come on I thought ESPN was everyones fav channel in Beantown

The Patriot
02-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I won't lie. I can't see this getting very far no matter the evidence. Goodell will defend the Pats to his last penny not because he is a fan but because he would want to avoid a fiasco like the MLB. His lawyer will dig up something on this guy to discredit him. If something does occur then the NFL will turn into a giant witch hunt because I know atleast the Jets were filming and if you investigate the Pats you have to investigate them to. And then more allegations will arise trying to drag other teams down to.
I didn't cheat so I'm gonna try to avoid this and in the end if worst comes to worst and the entire Patriots coaching staff is banned or something then I will still remain a Patriots fan. Just not a very happy one.

rbryan
02-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Wishfull thinking. What we know so far is just the tip of the iceberg IMO. Commander Kraft and Captain Bellichick might as well be on the Titanic.

Woman and children first please.

tony hipchest
02-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Gregg Easterbrook has a good column on why this broke now

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/080202&sportCat=nfl

hmmmm....

Also Saturday, Mike Fish reported on ESPN that St. Louis' walk-through was devoted to red zone plays -- all new plays and new formations the Rams had not shown during the season. Going into that Super Bowl, the Rams' "Greatest Show on Turf" was the league's highest-scoring team. In that game, St. Louis was held to a field goal in the first half. this absolutely cannot be true. after all, jimmy johnson (once again running to belichicks defense) said that no teams walk though is serious or using real plays. he said its more for gathering with family and taking pictures and theres no way the patriots coulda learned anything by stealing the material. :rolleyes: