PDA

View Full Version : Seeming like the unsung heroes of SB XLII The Giants Defense

MarylandSteeler
02-03-2008, 09:42 PM
I know that Eli had a great game and that all the world except for Foxboro is happy that the Pats lost the SB, but I think that some real credit needs to go the the Giants defense.

To be honest the reason why the Giants stayed in the game was because of their defense, and it seems like everyone else is getting praise, but I needed to give props to the Giants defense.

:thumbsup:

PisnNapalm
02-03-2008, 09:45 PM
I told my friends that I'd give the MVP award to the Giants D-line. They played a helluva game.

Steelman16
02-03-2008, 09:52 PM
There is nothing about that game I liked more than the incredible effort produced by the Giants Defense...they played a heck of a game, and get my MVP.

Who said Defense doesn't win Championships?

Elvis
02-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Steelman, I guarentee to you one thing brother... It wasnt me that said defense doesnt win super bowls. This is a classic example that the Steelers must get thier defense back to strength and get some hosses up front to block for Willie and Co.

Steelman16
02-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Steelman, I guarentee to you one thing brother... It wasnt me that said defense doesnt win super bowls. This is a classic example that the Steelers must get thier defense back to strength and get some hosses up front to block for Willie and Co.

Amen to that brother! I think after today the NFL can get back off the O Cloud, and fly down to the D Cloud where we all belong. The extreme passing attack fantasy has been crushed. :cheers: Back to the basics my friends!

Let's get some O and D line, and we'll be sniffing for super bowl 43 pretty soon. :tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
02-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Tuck should have been the MVP IMHO, he played a helluva game...Brady's gonna have nightmares of that dude all offseason.

klick81
02-03-2008, 11:15 PM
No other D did what this one did all season....they get "my" MVP trophy.

Rhee Rhee
02-04-2008, 02:15 AM
my goodness... what a game they played lockdown Defense the whole game..

i think this shows that in order to beat teams that air it out 50 times a game... we need to switch to a 4-3...

i am honestly not in favor of switching but i think wee need to be versatile enough to be able to play the 4-3...

Stlr4ever
02-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I know that Eli had a great game and that all the world except for Foxboro is happy that the Pats lost the SB, but I think that some real credit needs to go the the Giants defense.

To be honest the reason why the Giants stayed in the game was because of their defense, and it seems like everyone else is getting praise, but I needed to give props to the Giants defense.

:thumbsup:

Well...a lot has been said about the Giants defense. I think the really unsung heroes are the Giants OL and DBs. The OL did a great job to sustain their drives, especially the 1st drive which took off 10 mins. off the clock. Yeah, there were some breakdowns. But they were playing against a very strong Pats DL.
I thought their DBs did a great job breaking up big plays. Welker was the only Pats WR, who had a good day--mostly short passes though. I thought the Giants D could have done better in the middle.