PDA

View Full Version : Bill Belichick - The Sore Loser

Glace
02-04-2008, 12:57 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/If-he-s-going-to-lose-Bill-Belichick-would-rath?urn=nfl,64971

If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

By MJD
Sunday, Feb 3, 2008 11:12 pm EST

On more than one occasion this year, Bill Belichick and the Patriots have run up the score on an overmatched opponent, and forced an opposing coach to sit there and watch his beaten team go through the motions while their heineys were being handed to them.

But when the shoe's on the other foot, and Bill Belichick's team has been beaten, he can't sit there and take the pain for a few seconds.

With :02 left on the clock, and his team just having failed on a last chance 4th down effort, Bill Belichick ran onto the field for a quick handshake, and then bolted for the locker room. Belichick's an important guy and everything, but I wasn't aware that the league had given him the authority to decide when games end.

There's time left on the clock, his team's been humbled, outplayed, and lost their chance at history ... and Bill Belichick doesn't have the stomach to sit there and absorb the pain until the clock read 0:00.

That's unsportsmanlike at best, disrespectful at least, and at worst, it makes him a big sissy.

Because Bill Belichick wanted to go hide when he lost, the field ended up being flooded with people, and the officials had to clear the area before the Giants could take their final snap and make it official. When you lose, you take your loss. You don't leave early because it makes you feel sad inside. Your opponent deserves more respect than that.

Anyone remember in 2004 when Randy Moss left the sidelines with 2 seconds left in a Vikings vs. Redskins game? Moss was selfish, a baby, a quitter, didn't respect his teammates, and didn't respect the game. Belichick just did the same thing, but did it on the biggest possible stage, and did it from the position of a leader of men.

Maybe there's something to be said for the inability to lose well ... most great winners don't lose well, and a sore loser is still a loser.

But still, if you're an adult, you finish out the game, and you give your opponents the stage and the respect they deserve.

:flap: :sofunny:

Steelman16
02-04-2008, 12:59 AM
What's new in Patsieville? :toofunny:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
02-04-2008, 01:02 AM
I wonder if Golden Boy congratulated Manning.

BozMan
02-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Is there video of this and/or Beliprick's post-game interview up on YouTube yet? I'd like to watch them about a 1000 more times.

fansince'76
02-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Belichick - a classless, cheating pr*ck that has molded an entire team in his own image. No news there.

Glace
02-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Heh...if you want some more entertainment, go to the link and read all the comments!

90% Patriot Haters....10% Pats Fans doing nothing but swearing and name-calling.

Typical of their fan base...No class...

"Maybe it comes from the head coach..." - LT

jjpro11
02-04-2008, 01:14 AM
hes a sore human being

Lord Stiller
02-04-2008, 01:16 AM
IMO they should have let the ***** Patsies leave the field and officially record the game as a forfeit

Patriots are a disgrace to team sports in general

Rinkleroot
02-04-2008, 01:34 AM
IMO they should have let the ***** Patsies leave the field and officially record the game as a forfeit

Patriots are a disgrace to team sports in general

Agreed, I'm so sick of this sorry excuse of an nfl team, I hope they never win another game.

tony hipchest
02-04-2008, 02:14 AM
and to think, randy moss was ripped (as a viking vs. washington) for doing the exact same thing.

i doubt Bill Holy'chick will ever wear the same scarlet letter moss did though

klick81
02-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Seeing him run away crying made me crack up. I loved EVERY second of it.

Rhee Rhee
02-04-2008, 02:55 AM
someone's better tell him to sit his ass down and shut the F up... ur team lost... if anyone lives in boston make sure u rub it in his face... im sorri ya so wat we're the steelers and all and we are classy... but the patriots they just deserve it...

Michael Keller
02-04-2008, 03:45 AM
Just when I was beginning to respect the Patriot organization because of their success but NEVER AGAIN. This guy is a meglamaniac and he deserves to be fined again. They got what they deserved . Now we can add 2 more C's to describe this team

CCC CHEATERS CHOKERS AND CLASSLESS

stlrtruck
02-04-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm sorry but both coaches headed for mid-field with two seconds on the clock. I guess they thought it would just run off. The officials tried to get them both back to the respective sidelines.

And as much as I hate Beli-cheat, he shook Coughlin's hand and whispered sweet nothings in his ear. To me, this is just someone trying to make a story out of nothing.

But who cares, the bottom line is that patria-cheats got their just desserts!!!

revefsreleets
02-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I can't wait for some teams to run up the score on the Pats. It may not happen next year, but one of these years...

fansince'76
02-04-2008, 10:12 AM
I can't wait for some teams to run up the score on the Pats. It may not happen next year, but one of these years...

Oh yeah, yesterday was just the tip of the iceberg of the payback the karmic gods will be administering to that organization for years to come....

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Belichick - a classless, cheating pr*ck that has molded an entire team in his own image. No news there.

Like having his players wrestle for an obvious dead ball...so as to run the clock down?....Both times they should have been slapped with 15 yard penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct!!!

rbryan
02-04-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry but both coaches headed for mid-field with two seconds on the clock. I guess they thought it would just run off. The officials tried to get them both back to the respective sidelines.

And as much as I hate Beli-cheat, he shook Coughlin's hand and whispered sweet nothings in his ear. To me, this is just someone trying to make a story out of nothing.

Bellichick ran off the field with 2 seconds left with no intention of shaking Couglins hand. Someone must have caught him and reminded him of what an azzbag move that was because he changed his mind and ran back on the field.

Can't say thats very surprising. Did anyone else hear the rumor that he could be suspended or worse for the coming year if the latest allegations are true?

LambertIsGod58
02-04-2008, 10:50 AM

I agree with this take...I saw the same thing. I hate Belicheat, but he did go over to shake hands with Coughlin. Belicheat is guilty of being a poor sport in the sense he didn't stay out there for the final gun.

CanadianSteel
02-04-2008, 10:56 AM
I heard that several players also left with the 2 seconds left also... but not sure if that has bveen confrimed. Wouldn't surprise me that many left without congratulating the Giants. Anybody know if Brady shhok Eil's hand aftre the game ??
Win grace fullly and losse gracefullt you bunch of ******.

Looks good on em .... love watching him aas well as Mr Brady in front of the camera's ... so nice to see Karma does indeed work....

stlrtruck
02-04-2008, 11:01 AM
What I saw was the last hell mary for Brady fall incomplete and both teams started going onto the field (although the Giants seemed to be quicker about it). Both Beli-cheat and Coughlin did it, and it looked like beli-cheat was directed towards the direction of Coughlin.

When they met up, they shook hands and you see Belichick pull Coughlin in a little and say something in to his ear.

fansince'76
02-04-2008, 11:04 AM
And the excuses start....

His famously injured right ankle wasn't the factor, but it was a factor. On Saturday night, a Patriots source said that Brady's ankle was bothering him more than anyone let on, especially when throwing deep. His usually deadly accurate passes were woefully off, including a badly overthrown pass to a wide-open Moss with 9:36 in the fourth quarter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/columns/story?columnist=wickersham_seth&id=3229520

I think most of the reason his usually "deadly accurate" passes were off was that he was hearing footsteps from getting knocked on his ass all night, but maybe that's just me. The Giants' D kicked their asses. Deal, ESPN, deal. :coffee:

lilyoder6
02-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Beli-cheat is an *******.. when ppl were trying to tell him that there was 1 sec left in the game he was ignoring them and just shrugging ppl off.. and even the post game conf outside the lockor room he had like 1 or 2 word asnwers.. he is a big sore loser.. and u know if they would of won he would have been an excessive winner and talk and talk..

SteelersMongol
02-04-2008, 11:47 AM
What an A-hole! The Cheatriots lost and like my wife said "God wasn't on their side!"

rbryan
02-04-2008, 11:49 AM
They had No Code, They had No Honor, and God was watching

Mosca
02-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Anyone have a link to Belichick's post game press conference/interview? I'd love to see it, can't find it on youtube.

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2008, 01:58 PM
I avoided the Fox pre-game. Did anyone catch this discussion, in which it was alleged by John Lynch that Belicheat was spying on the NFC in the freaking Pro Bowl last year?
:jawdrop:
Jay Glazer
His roundtable with Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez, Broncos safety John Lynch, Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman and Cowboys tight end Jason Witten proved newsworthy. Lynch revealed that Belichick used his assistant coaches to spy on the NFC during the Pro Bowl. "We knew Spygate before Spygate ever happened," Lynch said. Asked if he knew about it, the NFC's Witten said, "It cost me 40,000 grand. I wish I did know."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/richard_deitsch/02/03/fox.grades/1.html

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Anyone have a link to Belichick's post game press conference/interview? I'd love to see it, can't find it on youtube.

Another classic Belicheat performance

4qlmqdU_TDs

BozMan
02-04-2008, 02:08 PM

http://www.faniq.com/video/Bill-Belichick-interview-with-Chris-Myers-Highlight-of-the-Super-Bowl-YouTube-5165,1/sports_featured

Thank you!!!

SteelerFanInCA
02-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Just reitterates what a classless prick this guy is.

Rinkleroot
02-04-2008, 02:32 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x64/rinkleroot/nfl_g_belichick_412-1.jpg

Mosca
02-04-2008, 02:37 PM

http://www.faniq.com/video/Bill-Belichick-interview-with-Chris-Myers-Highlight-of-the-Super-Bowl-YouTube-5165,1/sports_featured

Wow. What a schmuck. No eye contact. Just that weaselly attitude, that sense of not getting something he felt he deserved. Thanks, Dan.

OX1947
02-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I dont care about walking off the field, I dont care whether he cheated or not, the fact that he will be a Super Bowl Runner up after going 18-0 is as satisfying as it can get. And above all that, the Pats losing in the Sper BOwl like that, now picked up every team in the league, knowing that if they have good pass rushers, they can beat the Pats. And thats what beat them in the Super Bowl. PRESSURE from the defense. The same way the Steelers destroyed the Colts in 2005(Supposedly the 2nd best Offense of all time) the Giants did it in to the Pats. I LOVE SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!

Atlanta Dan
02-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Even Dan Shaughnessy of The Boston Globe is blasting Belicheat's end of the game behavior, channeling Rev's insightful comparison of Belicheat to Nixon (which in Boston is like comparing someone to Satan). The deification of Belicheat definitely is over in New England.

There was still one play to go and Belichick was already gone. He looked like a spoilsport - like the Detroit Pistons walking off the floor at the Palace of Auburn Hills when they finally yielded the Eastern Conference title to the Chicago Bulls. Bill Parcells was flogged for not flying home with his team when the Patriots lost the Super Bowl to the Packers in New Orleans. What about this?

In fairness, it's possible Belichick thought the officials were going to waive the final play. There was only one second on the clock and the field was already littered with celebrating Giants. But we don't know what Belichick was thinking because he shifted into combat mode in a remarkably brief postgame interview. I expected him to conclude his terse interview with, "You won't have Nixon to kick around anymore.":sofunny:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/02/05/theyre_history_all_right/