PDA

View Full Version : Reviewable plays?

Stu Pidasso
02-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but could Bill Belicheat challenge the play where the Giants had 12 men on the field? No penalty was called or flag thrown, so was it a legal challenge?

I thought only the spot of the ball, possession changes, and fumbles/int/incompletes etc. was reviewable, not NON CALLS...

klick81
02-04-2008, 01:16 AM
Hmm...good question, but wrong forum. Any takers?

Rhee Rhee
02-04-2008, 01:45 AM
that''s stupid... then shouldn't belichick also be able to call a penalty on Amani Toomer after he shoved his hand into ellis hobb's facemask before he caught that incredible sideline catch?

steel58
02-04-2008, 05:55 AM
Maybe Coughlin shoul have challenged at least half of the dozen or so tripping incidents by the New England OL, 2 of which forced Giants defenders to have to leave the game injured. Or maybe he should have challenged why Brady wasn't called for intentional grounding while he was in the endzone. It seems funny that they never showed a replay of that pass, when it seems like every time Brady through an incomplete pass, they showed it again, as to find some way to blame the receivers for not getting the ball, instead of saying that Brady *****.

revefsreleets
02-04-2008, 08:08 AM
The play book is apparently written/re-written as the Pats play. Exhibit A: Tuck rule

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Actually saw an offensive holding call go against the Pats, that was a shock to me.

I think the pre-snap too many men penalty is one of the only ones that is reviewable. Funny how Bellicheat knew to throw the flag on that one. He's got some eyes in the sky helping him for sure.

Steeler in Carolina
02-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Holding, pass interference, etc are all judgment calls and can't be challenged. 12 men on the field is something that you can go back and count.