PDA

View Full Version : What do u guys think of the possibility that..

rpv
02-04-2008, 08:33 AM
...the steelers kick open the 2008 NFL season on Thurs night against the NYG. Now that the Giants won the superbowl they usually have the first regular season game on Thursday to open the season. It will be a good story line that the 2 QBS picked highly in the 2004 draft both of whom won the superbowl in their initial yrs will going head to head. Opinions??

Lord Stiller
02-04-2008, 09:24 AM
definitely a possibility

but they play at Pittsburgh and you would think it would be a home game in NY right?

stlrtruck
02-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Usually is a home game for the winners with the latest exception being the Buccaneers who won the Super Bowl and then played at Lincoln Field to open up the season the following year.

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM
It will probably be against the Giants vs Chargers in that first game.

19ward86
02-04-2008, 12:57 PM
no contest.....steelers 17....giants 14, jk.

it would be a great game no matter when the game is next season.

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2008, 01:08 PM
unless we improve our O-line, I don't want ben running from that insane Giants pass rush. Of coarse, unlike the Pats, we'd actually RUN THE BALL!

Stupid Pats...not running the ball lost them the game against the Packers when Parcells was the coach, and not running the ball lost them the game against the Giants...funny how that comes back around to bite ya.

Lord Stiller
02-04-2008, 01:30 PM
unless we improve our O-line, I don't want ben running from that insane Giants pass rush.

no kidding!

That would be a total disaster

lilyoder6
02-04-2008, 03:20 PM
i wonder if strahan is going to skip training camp again..

Preacher
02-04-2008, 03:30 PM
i wonder if strahan is going to skip training camp again..

I wonder if he is going to retire.

Steelman16
02-04-2008, 03:33 PM
I wonder if he is going to retire.

Good question, from his quotes after the game it sure didn't sound like it.... But if I was him, I'd go out with a bang like Bettis did...

Elvis
02-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I agree Steelman, but for someone that loves the game so much just like the Bus did, it would have to be a hard decision, especially since Strahan is still playing at a very high level out there on the field.

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2008, 05:44 PM
If you're the Giants, you have to be thinking Repeat. You have a great young QB, a solid Defense, a good coaching staff and a great O-line, plus 2 very good running backs. The NFC East is going to be ok, but not impossible to win next season, and in the NFC, there is no "dominant" team that you're going to have to beat. In fact, The Giants are now that team. So I'd imagine Strahan will be back, especiall with that young group of guys on the D-side of the ball to play along with. Coughlin won't let up on these guys and they won't get down even if they start out 0-2 again. They've been there and done that.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Seeing how the Giants play at Pittsburgh...I would say none.

steelpride12
02-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Def. would be a fun even game to watch with 2 young franchise QB's going at it and i think the game would be pretty evenly matched, but i don't see it being our first game of the season.

Rhee Rhee
02-04-2008, 09:30 PM
hmm i think that pass rush of the giants is good... but looked HOF worthy because of the patriots O-line... no one really blitzedkrieged them this season besides the ravens and eagles.. that o-line is soo overrated... i cannot believe they have 3-pro bowlers... what a joke..