PDA

View Full Version : "The Emperor" Chuck Noll and the SB....

LambertIsGod58
02-04-2008, 10:43 AM
One thing that I haven't heard yet that I just thought about, is that there is no danger at least anytime soon of having a 4-0 SB coach....I don't think I could find the words to have to think about putting Belicheat in the same company as Chuck. But no need to worry now!!! And I also think that this decided that our 70's team is superior to this one of the Pats.:tt02:

BlastFurnace
02-04-2008, 11:15 AM
One thing that I haven't heard yet that I just thought about, is that there is no danger at least anytime soon of having a 4-0 SB coach....I don't think I could find the words to have to think about putting Belicheat in the same company as Chuck. But no need to worry now!!! And I also think that this decided that our 70's team is superior to this one of the Pats.:tt02:

Yes...on all accounts. The 70's Steelers got stronger as the season wore on. These Patriots wore down. Even when we had an older team in SB XIV, we still found a way to win.

The Patriots had a nice run, but they aren't the equal of the 70's Steelers...as a matter of fact...no one is.

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Yes...on all accounts. The 70's Steelers got stronger as the season wore on. These Patriots wore down. Even when we had an older team in SB XIV, we still found a way to win.

The Patriots had a nice run, but they aren't the equal of the 70's Steelers...as a matter of fact...no one is.

In some ways the 75 Steelers were like the Pats, in that they played their best ball before the playoffs (75 Steelers peaked when they smacked Houston & Cincy around in late November/early December) and were not firing on all cylinders in the playoffs (75 Steelers had 13 turnovers in 2 playoff games against the Colts & Raiders + trailed in the 4th quarter of SB X to Dallas).

But unlike the 2007 Pats, the 1975 Steelers had whatever it takes to win it all while not playing their best - that is the difference between the two dynasties

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2008, 12:43 PM
The Pats are just another Raiders, Redskins, Giants, and Packers. All have 3 wins. Still 2 away from the greatest of all time. Pats aren't even in the discussion.

Cowboys and Niners can talk with me, but Pats...ho hum.

Chuck is by far the most underated coach of all time. Outside of the Burgh, he is barely mentioned as greatest Coach of all time. Same with Bradshaw as greatest QB of all time. To be the greatest, you must play great in the biggest game.

19ward86
02-04-2008, 01:01 PM
i think that from 1970(bradshaws draft) to present, the steelers are the best team.

DACEB
02-04-2008, 01:08 PM
I've said it all along to anyone that would listen (which is hard, living in Mass.), they did'nt deserve any of the adulations they were getting. Not with that cast of characters, from the head coach on down.

It all played out in THE END!

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Where are the Pats fans that were on our board talking how our coach screwed us in the Jacksonville game...seriously...4th and 13...Arrogance beat them as much as the Giants did.

Steel Pit
02-04-2008, 07:57 PM

:tt02::tt02: And the next 4-0 record Super Bowl coach is...........MIKE TOMLIN!:flap::flap:

BigBen403
02-04-2008, 08:32 PM
I hope the pats like the taste of shit, since they are getting a nice big moutfull. No one will ever compare to the Steelers of the 70's or Chunk Noll. I hope Mike can do the the same with Big Ben, like Chuck did with Terry. I hope they find more out on the cheating pats taping the rams walk through and get punished big time. The pats should have an asteric next to their name from now on. Go Steelers

steelpride12
02-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I think Chuck Noll has always been underlooked as an amazing and one of the best coaches ever. After Walsh and Lombardy he is def. up there with them for the 4 superbowl rings and an amazing dynasty in the 70's.
During the superbowl last night they show a poll that asked what was the best NFL franchise dynasty and the 70's Steelers came in #1 and well earned and deserved!

Rhee Rhee
02-04-2008, 09:23 PM
im proud to be a fan of the steelers when someone mentions a record like 4-0 in the superbowl... if only we'd won that first cowher one.. man we'd be 6-0 in the superbowl..
amazing!

OX1947
02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
It was well known that Chuck Noll didn't give a rats arse about commercials and pumping himself to the media to make extra money. His philosophy was to let the players make the money. He also never wrote a book. If he had gone the Shula way or Madden way of putting himself out there to be known, he would be the greatest in peoples minds. I cant tell you how happy I am that Belichick is not in his category, wow, I mean, the relief so great. Chuck Noll is 4-0 in Super Bowls and it will now take a while before someone else attempts that. Belichick is a piece of crap, always has been and always will be. If it weren't for him, I would have cheered for the Pats to win.

Galax Steeler
02-05-2008, 04:38 AM
Noll was one of the best all time, and I am glad that he can be 4-0 without belicheat there with him.

TeeJay
02-05-2008, 10:08 PM
In the big screen adaptation of The Pittsburgh Steelers Story GOD will play Chuck Noll. :thumbsup:

Lucifer has turned down the option of playing Belicheat in the low budget, secretly filmed, The Story of the Pats. Even the Devil has standards it seems. :jawdrop:

beSteelmyheart
02-06-2008, 07:21 PM
It was well known that Chuck Noll didn't give a rats arse about commercials and pumping himself to the media to make extra money. His philosophy was to let the players make the money. He also never wrote a book. If he had gone the Shula way or Madden way of putting himself out there to be known, he would be the greatest in peoples minds. I cant tell you how happy I am that Belichick is not in his category, wow, I mean, the relief so great. Chuck Noll is 4-0 in Super Bowls and it will now take a while before someone else attempts that. Belichick is a piece of crap, always has been and always will be. If it weren't for him, I would have cheered for the Pats to win.

I couldn't have said it better myself. :jammin: The only difference between us was that I wasn't going to cheer for the Patriots, I'm unable to seperate them from that boorish man that got them there.
It's Wednesday & I'm still thrilled about the outcome of the Patriots media circle jerk, & will probably fell all warm & fuzzy inside for a good long time.
Bellicheat is a scumbag & doesn't deserve to be up there with Chuck Noll. No way.
Long live Chuck Noll!