PDA

View Full Version : Manning deserving of MVP?

Rhee Rhee
02-04-2008, 01:35 PM
I somehow don't like the choice of manning being MVP...

so he made a great run to break away from all those tackles and just jack it up to tyree... but honestly that ball could've easily been picked off...

the pass to plaxico was basically due to ellis hobbs slipping...

numerous times eli's passes sailed on him and could've been picked off twice!

once by asante and once by brandon merriweather...

he got incredibly lucky with those drops

also he missed a wide open plaxico... he failed to pass it to someone who's 6'5...

he also fumbled it twice! not meaning he turned it over but the ball just popped out while getting hit... lucky guy...

i'd give the game ball to either tuck or antonio pierce...

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
He took them on a classic 2 minute drive to win the SB and was Houdini to escape the pass rush on the key reception for that drive.

I would have given the MVP to the Giants front seven for harassing Mr. Wonderful all night, but individuals get the awards.

I have no problem with Eli getting MVP (of course I have no problem with anything NFL related today since the Evil Empire has been vanquished)

tony hipchest
02-04-2008, 01:40 PM
the pass to plaxico was basically due to ellis hobbs slipping...

hobbs was frozen like t. carter trying to tackle d. gerrard. it was the giants defender who slipped on moss' td.

eli had every opportunity to hang his head and let the game slip away. he showed the poise of a champion. his game was much better and more impressive than bradys 1st sb.

manning earned it.

rbryan
02-04-2008, 01:43 PM
I thought the same at first. But considering the first drive of the game and the last drive I think you need to give the nod to Manning. The other factor is that the defensive dominace was more of a team effort than any one player.

tony hipchest
02-04-2008, 01:49 PM
however, the mvp could go to Bill Egocheck for forgetting he had a running back and playing to get tommy individual stats and accolades.

although mostly done with the aid of smoke and mirrors, l. maroney had been the most productive back in the playoffs.

rbryan
02-04-2008, 01:51 PM
It did seem like Maroney picked up 7or 8 yards everytime he ran it.

tony hipchest
02-04-2008, 01:54 PM
It did seem like Maroney picked up 7or 8 yards everytime he ran it.yep. however in this game he had 36 yds on 14 carries. longest run was 9 yards.

definitely not a run to set up the pass type back, although he looks great in the 2nd half of games where he's only facing 6 men in the box.

alittlejazzbird
02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
I think Eli definitely deserved it. He's the reason they won - without that final drive and the big plays he was able to make, the end result would have been very different.

steelergirl07
02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Eli deserved the MVP, no doubt in my mind. If you could give the MVP to the whole defense, I'd say they deserved it. But it's for one person, and Eli was definitely that person.

LambertIsGod58
02-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Here we go...can Eli ever do anything right? This kid has been ostricized since he came in the league. Being Archie's son and Peyton's little bro? C'mon. The kid have had a great playoff run. No int's and the one last night was not his fault. He's much more of a leader than Tiki gave him credit for. I'm happy for Eli and thought he by far was the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER!

Rinkleroot
02-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Eli played a great game and had several passes dropped, of course he deserved to be MVP!!

lilyoder6
02-04-2008, 03:14 PM
manning had a good game that int he had wasn't really his fault.. smith should of caught it.. other than that he had a good game..

Preacher
02-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Manning looked good last night.

At times, the way he was controlling his line and calling signals, he really looked like his brother.

If he keeps this up, he will absolutely make a name for himself as one of the best.

He has quite a ways to go, but he took a MAJOR step last night.

BTW....

2 of 3 of the big 2004 QB draft have now won SB's!

Cherinko
02-04-2008, 03:36 PM
He had a good game, but nothing spectacular. Not many individual players really stood out for the Giants, just the byproduct of being the QB.

Counselor
02-04-2008, 05:06 PM
The real MVP was the Giant's Defensive line---if you can't split it between 4 or 7, then Manning was the best choice.