PDA

View Full Version : Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

Rhee Rhee
02-04-2008, 08:06 PM
while it's not official terrelle pryor is "LIKELY" going to OSU... good day for buckeye fans everywhere...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/02/04/pryor.osu/index.html

By Jack McCallum, SI.com
One of the most eagerly-anticipated high-school football recruiting battles in years will likely end on Wednesday at noon in the Jeannette (Pa.) High gymnasium. That's where Terrelle Pryor, an all-purpose, all-state quarterback is "80-90 percent sure" he will announce his college decision at a nationally televised news conference. Pryor had considered delaying his decision until after Signing Day, but has apparently changed his mind.

Sources believe that Pryor is leaning toward Ohio State, which had been the early favorite of the western Pennsylvania star with 4.4 speed. But there has also been much speculation that Pryor, whose 8,499 career yards were almost equally divided between passing and running, would choose Michigan and the spread-offense philosophy of new coach Rich Rodriguez.

Oregon was also attractive to Pryor, but he never made an official visit there, partly because he was so busy with basketball. (He's an all-state forward, a 6-foot-6 forward with supreme athleticism.) Pryor told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Monday that he was going to call Oregon and tell coaches that the Ducks were out of the picture.

Penn State was also a serious suitor, but in the end the decision came down to Ohio State or Michigan. The battle for Pryor has been the story this recruiting season and the way he keeps changing his mind, it may not be over. But right now, the best guess is that the Buckeyes have won.

SteelCityMan786
02-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I wonder where SI got this? People need to lay off. Predictions? Don't mind them. But when you are finalist(even a long shot, you don't want to hear people saying he is going somewhere have your hopes down, and he announces, then you find he is not going there and he is going to you school,

Steeler in Carolina
02-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Sure is better than going to Michigan with RR.

SteelCityMan786
02-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Sure is better than going to Michigan with RR.

I personally think most likely he goes to Michigan though if he wants to be a 4 year starter unless he's going to throw Beckman from a starting job or he will take a Redshirt.

Godfather
02-04-2008, 10:27 PM
LSU is also in the mix.

revefsreleets
02-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Pryor is a "one in a million" player, according to almost everyone. Tressel has a track record of seasoning his QB's by redshirting them, but the man is no dummy. Pryor will most likely only stay in college for two years if he's as good as advertised, and it would be foolish to think that Tress is going to waste one of those years with him riding the pine.

If Terrelle becomes a Buck, Boeckman will stay penciled in as the starter, but Pryor will take the job from him by opening day. And there is no way Pryor goes to OSU unless Tress told him right up front he would come in from day one competing for the Starters job.

Godfather
02-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Pryor is a "one in a million" player, according to almost everyone. Tressel has a track record of seasoning his QB's by redshirting them, but the man is no dummy. Pryor will most likely only stay in college for two years if he's as good as advertised, and it would be foolish to think that Tress is going to waste one of those years with him riding the pine.

If Terrelle becomes a Buck, Boeckman will stay penciled in as the starter, but Pryor will take the job from him by opening day. And there is no way Pryor goes to OSU unless Tress told him right up front he would come in from day one competing for the Starters job.

He has to stay for at least three years.

SteelCityMan786
02-05-2008, 03:33 PM
LSU is also in the mix.

LSU's out. Reports now state that only Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State are his top 3 choices but he has pretty much knocked it down to 2. Someone will need to back me on that. One of my teachers also a Die-hard Penn State fan like me found a report somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

revefsreleets
02-05-2008, 04:33 PM

Alright, 3...but the principle remains. The kid ain't going to OSU to get splinters in his ass. If he's better than Henton and Boeckman, he'll play. And if he does go to OSU, and he really is as good as advertised, the chances are very good that the Bucks will be right back in the big game again next year. The defense will be awesome, and the one true upgrade they needed was at QB.

19ward86
02-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Pryor announced today that penn state, ohio state, and michigan are all still equal in the race. i am an osu fan so i am happy if this is true, but i will wait until tomorrow because he also announced that he will make his final decision on wednesday.

pittsburghp8baller
02-06-2008, 10:58 AM
well we will have to wait a little longer espn reports that pryor told one of the pittsburgh papers that he will wait till after signing day to make his decision.

revefsreleets
02-06-2008, 03:40 PM
This kid is already showing great savvy with the media. He's got them eating out of the palm of his hand.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pryor sign with Florida. The longer this thing drags out, the more I begin to think that he is thinking long and hard about going to Gainesville. However, if he went to Florida, he'd be sitting behind Tebow for two seasons, whereas if he went to OSU, he'd take over and play almost immediately.

SteelCityMan786
02-06-2008, 04:15 PM
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pryor sign with Florida. The longer this thing drags out, the more I begin to think that he is thinking long and hard about going to Gainesville. However, if he went to Florida, he'd be sitting behind Tebow for two seasons, whereas if he went to OSU, he'd take over and play almost immediately.

He'd play pretty much immediately at Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan all of which are still in the mix. All have QB's who either A.) Left or B.)(Ohio State and Penn State's case) will be gone the next year and they'll probably start them right off the bat.

lilyoder6
02-06-2008, 10:18 PM
i just heard he won't sign on the day.. and i think evryone knew that he was going to drop oregon.. he wants to stay close to home..

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2008, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't count out Penn State...

Mr. Pryor said Penn State assistant coaches Tom Bradley and Jay Paterno have dealt more with his parents than other schools' coaches and that his father feels a trust with Penn State's coaches that he doesn't feel with other schools. "My dad loves [Mr. Bradley]," he said with a laugh.

"Penn State has done a lot," he continued. "They showed up a lot more. They recruited me a lot more. They've sent pages upon pages of handwritten letters."

In the fall, Mr. Pryor questioned Penn State's offensive style. Last week, Penn State coach Joe Paterno, Mr. Bradley and Jay Paterno all visited with Mr. Pryor at Jeannette, and with his parents.

"I just didn't know about their offense because I never had a meeting with their coach," Mr. Pryor said. "I didn't know what they were about. I thought it was just a power offense. It's not."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08038/855493-365.stm

revefsreleets
02-07-2008, 08:38 AM
The reports around here are that PSU is playing hardball with Pryor, laying it on thick with the "You owe it to PA to stay in PA" and the like. Mike Brewster, one of the three absolutely monstrous stud OLineman the Bucks signed was pretty pissed about the whole things. He said:

''I know programs are doing this and that, and Penn State is trying to bully him — play the in-state team, little town (thing),'' he said. ''I just want to make sure he's protected not only on the field but off. I'm definitely going to make sure he ends up here because I don't want anyone else blocking for him.''

This thing is starting to turn into a 3 ring circus.

Concerning the Buckeyes class, they are consistently being rated #7 or #8 without him. But considering that arguably two of the best players on the defense (Lauranitis and Jenkins) were only ever 2 start recruits, that doesn't mean much. The Bucks did what they do. They invited 26 kids in, most of them from Ohio, kids they had a bead on, and 19 of them have signed. The jury is still out on #20, but they'll survive without Terrelle Pryor if he foes elsewhere.

SteelCityMan786
02-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Penn State is not trying to bully him. If they were, do you think that he would still be giving them consideration?

MDSteel15
02-07-2008, 05:47 PM
LSU is also in the mix.

wrong. LSU been out.

PSU isn't bullying him, it's his father that is trying to push him to go to Penn State

MDSteel15
02-07-2008, 05:49 PM

Wrong. HE has to only stay until he is 20 years old.

revefsreleets
02-07-2008, 06:11 PM
"Bullying" is a relative term. PSU is not the most attractive offer he's looking at...they are using the only tool they have, which is to "guilt" him into staying home. Hey, I don't blame them at all. Fact is, it's a much bigger deal for Michigan or PSU to LAND a Pryor than it is for OSU to LOSE a Pryor.

lilyoder6
02-07-2008, 08:54 PM
u have to look at the fact is that PSU is one of the top 5 hardest places to play in, and there fan base is thru the roof.. who wouldn't want to compete in front of a white out??

rbryan
02-07-2008, 09:41 PM
The fact that he didn't commit yet and is coming to Happy Valley next week is a real good sign. This would be huge for Joe Pa.

lilyoder6
02-07-2008, 10:29 PM
that is huge... i hope he has a fantastic visit...

Rhee Rhee
02-08-2008, 12:49 AM
terrelle pryor will sign with ohio state because:

1) Michigan signed a 3/4 star recruit who's a purely running QB

2) Penn State well idk he'll be the only one doing anythhing with the ball and wil be going up against 8,9 man fronts...

Michael Keller
02-08-2008, 08:22 AM
This kid has too many people telling him what to do. That is very obvious . if he wants a greatr college career he goes with Rodriguez and the offense he is familiar with if he wants to perfect his game as a pocket QB he needs to make some mechanical changes and perhaps be willing to sit for a while . He has to decide what he wants. I am not at all impressed with Vince Young and of course the coaches at Texas fot the best out of him but his release is just terrible.

I gotta believe Charlie Batch is talking to him. My prediction is Ohio State, sit one year and learn. Second Penn State and a distant third Michigan.

He is very special and I wish him the very best.

Lord Stiller
02-08-2008, 08:45 AM
2) Penn State well idk he'll be the only one doing anythhing with the ball and wil be going up against 8,9 man fronts...

Way to be ignorant :thumbsup:

Penn State has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball and especially at WR

The only thing they have been lacking the past 2 seasons was a QB. Before we were stuck with Morelli, we had a QB similar to Pryor (M Rob) and won the Orange Bowl

But I guess if he wants to win a lot of games and then choke, he should go to Ohio State

revefsreleets
02-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Good analysis (MK) except that Tress already has a spread option offense in place and ready to go...they just resurrect the '06 playbook.

lilyoder6
02-08-2008, 09:45 AM
if teams are going to put 8-9 ppl in the box against psu then williams, butler and norwood and the te quarless will have a field day catching balls.. psu only lost about 4-5 starters.

SteelCityMan786
02-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Way to be ignorant :thumbsup:

Penn State has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball and especially at WR

The only thing they have been lacking the past 2 seasons was a QB. Before we were stuck with Morelli, we had a QB similar to Pryor (M Rob) and won the Orange Bowl

But I guess if he wants to win a lot of games and then choke, he should go to Ohio State

Yeah and Pryor would be also be playing behind an expierenced offensive line at Penn State.

Michael Keller
02-08-2008, 09:03 PM
R I like it!!!

Evidenced by the performance of Troy Smith i would say yes Ohio State is a good opportunity for him to refine his game and be the best Quarterback he can be. Pryor is a good 6 inches taller than Troy thus he he should not be restricted at Ohio State. Smith's mechanics are much better than Vince Young and even with the height limitation Smith may yet be better than VY in the pros.

Again Michigan is not a great choice in my mind and Paterno might make Pryor a line backer as he would have with Jim Kelly. Just kidding !!

Ohio State and the Big Ten is where I would like to see him end up for his sake. He is a very different athlete and I would wish nothing but the best for him.

SteelCityMan786
02-09-2008, 08:35 AM
R I like it!!!

Evidenced by the performance of Troy Smith i would say yes Ohio State is a good opportunity for him to refine his game and be the best Quarterback he can be. Pryor is a good 6 inches taller than Troy thus he he should not be restricted at Ohio State. Smith's mechanics are much better than Vince Young and even with the height limitation Smith may yet be better than VY in the pros.

Again Michigan is not a great choice in my mind and Paterno might make Pryor a line backer as he would have with Jim Kelly. Just kidding !!

Ohio State and the Big Ten is where I would like to see him end up for his sake. He is a very different athlete and I would wish nothing but the best for him.

It's pretty much certain he is playing in the Big Ten, however Penn State I think if he gives it full consideration as he is doing, he'll be wearing Blue and White and playing in front of a white crowd a few times in his carrier.

Michael Keller
02-09-2008, 09:20 AM
It's pretty much certain he is playing in the Big Ten, however Penn State I think if he gives it full consideration as he is doing, he'll be wearing Blue and White and playing in front of a white crowd a few times in his carrier.

Ok Matt , Pryor going to Penn State would in fact please me as I always root for Penn State as they are my second favorite team. Pitt is my favorite. BUT

What reason or reasons do you think he would be better off going to Penn State?

What would you say to him to encourage him to make that choice . Why for his sake not ours as fans?

Michael

Lord Stiller
02-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Ok Matt , Pryor going to Penn State would in fact please me as I always root for Penn State as they are my second favorite team. Pitt is my favorite. BUT

What would you say to him to encourage him to make that choice . Why for his sake not ours as fans?

Michael

bigger fanbase than Michigan or OSU for one

the real question is why do you think he would be worse off going to PSU rather than OSU or Michigan? doesnt make sense

If he can bring a national title to JoePa before he retires, he will become a LEGEND

SteelCityMan786
02-09-2008, 11:11 AM

Michael

Well Mike,

-He can be part of a school who is one of the tops in the nation at graduating their student-athletes. (Football is 2nd in the nation)
-He'll have a coach that cares about where he is going in life more then just winning games.
-Pryor is pretty close to his grandfather and would like him to be able to see him play. Penn State is A Little over 2 Hours away from Jeanette. Columbus is over 3 Hours and Ann Arbor is over 5 Hours. I think from a Travel standpoint, Penn State makes a better option there.
-If JayPa gets his wish, Penn State will be a spread offense this year. You know how much Pryor loves the spread.

Michael Keller
02-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Lord Stiller

That is a fair question or observation on your part. your part . My focal point of concern is that just too many college quarterbacks that have bad habits or throwing or passing mechanics that i srongly believe should be corrected and or developed to a higher level of perfection incollege.

Vince young is the most recent notable case in point. I think the coaches did this kid diservice as I see MOST high school QB's with much better mechanics. What's gooing on. The answer I believe is lets ride the horse the way he runs because we will win. IN COLLEGE, TEXAS WINS A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP , PENN STATE WINS THE BIG 10, WITH ROBINSON AND THE ORANGE BOWL

Todd Blackhedge former Penn Quarterback was a case in point of bad mechanics, Michael Robinson was a great college QB. I certainly can understand PSU using him as they did, no problem BUT if I am TP or if I' m looking out for the young man, (the next 2 to 4 years could provide for tremendous fianacial freeedom ) I am asking "where do I maximize my NFL playing potential. There is nothing wrong with that objective as most of us go to college to get a better job or carreer. At this junctuire I am not convinced PSU is the best place but I am open minded and quite frankly, being from Pennsylvania, I would love to see him at Happy Valley but not as another Michael Robinson. I put TP before my fan partisanship. I am not sure a recruit can request the following but if I am Tp i want a QB coach that can take me to the next level. If any recruit can dictate this, he probably could. . I am serious please convince me, that other than the great college experience at PSU, which no one could deny) PSU is the best place for TP

revefsreleets
02-09-2008, 08:51 PM
bigger fanbase than Michigan or OSU for one

the real question is why do you think he would be worse off going to PSU rather than OSU or Michigan? doesnt make sense

If he can bring a national title to JoePa before he retires, he will become a LEGEND

Sorry, man, but this is WAAAAAAY off. OSU is MAYBE second only to ND in fanbase, and that's only a maybe. PSU has a nice fanbase, but they fall into top-20 status only. Ohio State is now (and there is no reason to believe given their continued dominant recruiting) a true perennial national championship contender. They've been there 3 out of the last 7. Think bigger. What if Pryor brought TWO titles to OSU in his years there? OSU gets 3 out of 5 tries in 9 years?

Hate on the Bucks as much as you want, but give respect where it is due. MOST of the hate is based on envy.

lilyoder6
02-10-2008, 09:38 AM
i'm sry that PSU fan base is not the top 20.. they avg about 108,000 fans a game.... so how is that not in the top 3-5 area... and i beleive that PSU is the only college that has a section for students only instead of other schools just putting them in random spots... i would say that OSU i sdecent, But, they lost the last 2 national championships games, they can't win the big game it looks like.

SteelCityMan786
02-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Sorry, man, but this is WAAAAAAY off. OSU is MAYBE second only to ND in fanbase, and that's only a maybe. PSU has a nice fanbase, but they fall into top-20 status only. Ohio State is now (and there is no reason to believe given their continued dominant recruiting) a true perennial national championship contender. They've been there 3 out of the last 7. Think bigger. What if Pryor brought TWO titles to OSU in his years there? OSU gets 3 out of 5 tries in 9 years?

Hate on the Bucks as much as you want, but give respect where it is due. MOST of the hate is based on envy.

Actually OSU Does NOT have the No.2 Fanbase. That is Penn State. National Championship Contender? Talk to me mid year or around the Time Penn State plays Ohio State. Haven't you guys gotten embarassed in the last 2 National Championships? I think by over 40 points? Yeah, National Championship Contender my butt.

Lord Stiller
02-10-2008, 05:12 PM

What world do you live in????

Current enrollment at Penn state is 85+ k, ohio state is 60k. And that is just the current numbers of students

I thought it was common knowledge that PEnn State and Notre Dame have the biggest fanbases. Guess you are a few buckeyes short of a tree

Lord Stiller
02-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Lord Stiller

That is a fair question or observation on your part. your part . My focal point of concern is that just too many college quarterbacks that have bad habits or throwing or passing mechanics that i srongly believe should be corrected and or developed to a higher level of perfection incollege.

Vince young is the most recent notable case in point. I think the coaches did this kid diservice as I see MOST high school QB's with much better mechanics. What's gooing on. The answer I believe is lets ride the horse the way he runs because we will win. IN COLLEGE, TEXAS WINS A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP , PENN STATE WINS THE BIG 10, WITH ROBINSON AND THE ORANGE BOWL

Todd Blackhedge former Penn Quarterback was a case in point of bad mechanics, Michael Robinson was a great college QB. I certainly can understand PSU using him as they did, no problem BUT if I am TP or if I' m looking out for the young man, (the next 2 to 4 years could provide for tremendous fianacial freeedom ) I am asking "where do I maximize my NFL playing potential. There is nothing wrong with that objective as most of us go to college to get a better job or carreer. At this junctuire I am not convinced PSU is the best place but I am open minded and quite frankly, being from Pennsylvania, I would love to see him at Happy Valley but not as another Michael Robinson. I put TP before my fan partisanship. I am not sure a recruit can request the following but if I am Tp i want a QB coach that can take me to the next level. If any recruit can dictate this, he probably could. . I am serious please convince me, that other than the great college experience at PSU, which no one could deny) PSU is the best place for TP

So you are saying that TP would be better off going to Ohio State because they are better at coaching QBs? You might be right but there is little evidence to prove your theory

revefsreleets
02-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Sorry kids, here come the facts: OSU is the biggest University in the US.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2007/10/17/largest.ART_ART_10-17-07_B2_1P872O0.html?sid=101

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news/1192610545273970.xml&coll=2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_University

I also believe they have the most alumni of any university in the US, which just makes sense. Somewhere around half a million living alumni.

But I wasn't even talking about that stuff. I was talking about "fan base" in general, meaning how well the fans travel, how many fans there are in general, etc, etc...Notre Dame probably has a bigger general fan base, now that I think about it, because every Catholic is at least a lip-service paying fan.

Lord Stiller
02-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Sorry kids, here come the facts: OSU is the biggest University in the US.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2007/10/17/largest.ART_ART_10-17-07_B2_1P872O0.html?sid=101

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news/1192610545273970.xml&coll=2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_University

I also believe they have the most alumni of any university in the US, which just makes sense. Somewhere around half a million living alumni.

But I wasn't even talking about that stuff. I was talking about "fan base" in general, meaning how well the fans travel, how many fans there are in general, etc, etc...Notre Dame probably has a bigger general fan base, now that I think about it, because every Catholic is at least a lip-service paying fan.

Sorry bud, you are wrong.

Penn State has things called "branch" campuses all across the state of Pennsylvania. Many times, you are required to attend a branch campus before going to the main campus

total enrollment at Penn State = 83k like i posted earlier http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_State (23k more than OSU)

I also believe Penn State has more alumni than Ohio State which makes sense. And Im not even jsut talking about that. Many people in PA are penn state fans that didnt go to the college

Pennsylvania > Ohio (population and size)

Penn State > Ohio State (students enrolled, alumni and fanbase)

revefsreleets
02-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Whatever dude...if you want to believe that there are more PSU fans, have at it. It's no bread off my table...these are exactly the kind of retarded arguments I refuse to get into on message boards anymore...

Lord Stiller
02-11-2008, 08:39 AM
if you want to believe that there are more PSU fans

truth hurts i guess? So you dont even think its close? do you now realize there are 30k more students enrolled in PSU right now? do you realize PA has a bigger population than Ohio? I live in DC and know of 2 great Penn State bars, there are no Ohio bars

Penn State has a similar hardcore following as the Steelers do. I guess we could compare the Buckeyes following to the Brownies or the Bungles :jawdrop: j/k

I went to the Orange Bowl a few years ago and Penn State pretty much took over South Beach and outnumbered the FSU fans by far. Did you notice how the National Champ. game was like a home game for LSU? Yeah well if it were Penn State vs LSU, it would have been like a home game for Penn State

WE ARE........

revefsreleets
02-11-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm laughing too hard over here to respond.

Alright, you win....

Nope, gotta have one last little say...

http://www4.vindy.com/content/sports/local_regional/332278456941530.php

lilyoder6
02-11-2008, 09:15 AM
o state stadium Capacity: 101,568

Beaver Stadium has a capacity of 107,282, making it the second largest stadium in the United States (smaller than Michigan Stadium by 219 seats), the third largest stadium in North America, and the sixth largest stadium in the world.

mmm. i wonder why PSU stadium is so big??? i guess that it's so big b/c we have a huge fan base and many many fans that go to the game

more info on beaver stadium

Beaver Stadium is widely known as one of the toughest venues for opposing teams in collegiate athletics. Kirk Herbstreit of ESPN says that Penn State has one of the best student sections in the nation and Gameday at PSU is "The Greatest Show in College Sports". A 2007 ESPN article ranked Beaver Stadium 5th in its top 10 list of "Scariest Places to Play".

this fact is from a couple yrs ago but shows the fan base of it... and of course over the yrs grown

In 2002, Penn State also set an NCAA record for largest season attendance, with 1,257,707 watching Penn State games over the course of the season

i can keep going if u want me too..

Lord Stiller
02-11-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm laughing too hard over here to respond.

Alright, you win....

Nope, gotta have one last little say...

http://www4.vindy.com/content/sports/local_regional/332278456941530.php

wow, a homer article prooves your point....LMFAO!

Im not denying that OSU has a very large fanbase. Its just not as big as Penn State's

lilyoder6
02-11-2008, 10:05 AM
i got ur back lord... lol o state is a good school but u just can't come out and saying the fan base is better than PSU...

buckeyestu_1309
02-12-2008, 12:06 PM
First off, when they come up with the "biggest University's in the US" they don't count branch campus's. They look at the school itself. Ohio State has a ton of branches through-out the state of ohio, but in the end when they use the basis of just the main campus (which they have used for a long time) and Ohio State kills Penn State.

Second, don't give me this crap comparing Pen State playing in the Orange Bowl (8 hours from Tallahassee where florida state's main campus is located) to ohio state playing in new orleans for the national championship (70 miles from Baton Rouge where LSU is located). I was there for that game, and the biased local news even said on the air. we OWNED bourbon street all 3 days I was there. As far as when I was AT THE GAME, the entire upper bowl and part of the lower part was mainly buckeyes. Don't tell me it's like a home game for Florida State and it's not for LSU. Florida State can't even compete with LSU. Florida has three big time programs in Florida (Florida, Florida State, and Miami). Louisana has one, meaning the entire state pulls for that team, unlike Florida state. So when they play 70 miles from home for a national championship (something Penn State doesn't know about) it's not even close to what you expierenced at the orange bowl. Quit kidding yourself and trying to compare the two.

Third, Ohio State championships: 7, Penn State championships: 2. Ohio State Heisman's: 7, Penn State Heismans's: 1. That about sums up tradition for you doesn't it???

Fourth, as far as the stadium goes. Sure you have a bigger stadium, but only because OSU has no interest in closing the stadium to get in more people. Do you really think that if OSU closed the 'Shoe it wouldn't be bigger than Penn State's crap-shoot? Our stadium has history (it's even been added to the National Register of Historic Places, look it up) because of the horseshoe shape. By keeping it open, it upholds that tradition. So yeah it's not the biggest, but it's still pretty darn big, and a lot more unique than just some giagantic stadium that looks no different than any other stadium :cough:

Fifth, when is the last time you guys have played a meaningful game? I love JoePa, but as long as he is there you won't be contending for any national titles (just look at your recruiting class this year) Terrelle Pryor would be stupid to go to a school like Penn State over OSU (or even Michigan). Unless he has no interest in playing for anything but the NFL

Lastly, yeah you can rip on us for losing the last two championships, but ATLEAST WE ARE PLAYING FOR THEM. No one can even touch us in the Big One. Rip on us all you want, but I know all fans would love to be playing for a title year-in, year-out.

GO BUCKS

lilyoder6
02-12-2008, 12:22 PM
i would think that the fans would not actually enjoying the buckeyes to go to a title game and lose yyr in and yr out.. if i was a fan of o state i would be sure of them losing in title games. but psu should of more titles but the whole debaucle didn't give them the tile.. and who cares about heisman winners??

lilyoder6
02-12-2008, 12:36 PM
lord stiller "total enrollment at Penn State = 83k like i posted earlier http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_State (23k more than OSU)"

tell me how that fact tells me that PSU campus is not bigger than o state??

u talk about the horse shoe tradition.. blah blah.. i beleive that the fans organize white outs at games when psu has home games.. does o state do that, do there fans care about tradition.. no

the last time joe pa played in a meaningful game was the orange bowl.. when was the last time o state actually won a meaningful game???

SteelCityMan786
02-12-2008, 12:46 PM
i would think that the fans would not actually enjoying the buckeyes to go to a title game and lose yyr in and yr out.. if i was a fan of o state i would be sure of them losing in title games. but psu should of more titles but the whole debaucle didn't give them the tile.. and who cares about heisman winners??

Counting the number of times we've been ripped, Penn State should have at least maybe 10-12 National Titles right now. I probably should have lived to see one of them(coughs1994coughs)

Lord Stiller
02-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Counting the number of times we've been ripped, Penn State should have at least maybe 10-12 National Titles right now. I probably should have lived to see one of them(coughs1994coughs)

Good point. The '94 team was one of the best teams in college football history and certainly better than the last 2 Ohio choke teams and realistically was better than OSU's team that won the championship over Miami

buckeyestu_1309
02-12-2008, 03:03 PM
haha, you think Penn State and OSU are the only ones that do white-outs? Those "out's" have been going on long before you chumps started doing it and will continue to be done (in football and basketball). It's a fad that all schools have been doing, and what happens to fads? They die out, but tradition lives on. So while all schools continue to do the current fads (including OSU), we will continue to have our numerous great traditions that live forever.

Last time we won meaningful games? 2005: W 34-20 over No. 9 Notre Dame, W 24-7 over No. 2 Texas, W 42-39 over No. 2 Michigan

Then how about the last few meetings vs. you chumps: 2007: W 37-17, 2006: W 28-6, 2004: W 21-10, 2003: W 21-20, 2002: W 13-7. Outside of 2005 (thanks for the block ryan hamby) we have owned you the past couple of years (and own the all-time record with 12 wins)

As far as National Championships you should have.......close only counts in horseshoe's and hand grenades. As much as I would like to say we have 9 by pointing out specific points in the last two years in the BCS game, or more (if I count how many failed times under John Cooper) I can't. That '94 Nebraska team would have crushed Penn State. They beat a far better Miami(Fl) team than you did in Oregon.

This is going no where because in the end, I am going to be right about THE Ohio State University and you are going to be wrong about Penn State. Why do you think we OSU fans are arrogant? Because 1), we can, 2) we have tradition that no one else has and will continue to build on it with even more tradition, 3) we are the sh*t, plain and simple.

One more thing, I'll be sure to come back on after we get yet another big recruit to our class (Terrelle Pryor) while Penn State continues to slide towards the back of the big one.

buckeyestu_1309
02-12-2008, 03:15 PM
'94 Penn State better than '02 OSU team? That's hilarious considering we beat a far better opponent in Miami than you did in Oregon in your bowl game. That Miami team was stacked with Heisman trophy canidates (Ken Dorsey finished 5 in voting, Willis McGahee finished 4 in voting, Andre Johnson should have been there) and don't forget about Kellen Winslow. Plus Miami had the Rimington Trophy winner (center) in Brett Romberg. Give respect where it's due to a team that beat a great Miami team. Say what you want about the penalty, but it was the right thing to do. Wrong call (should have been defensive holding) but right outcome since both penalities have the same result that close to the goal line.

SteelCityMan786
02-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Some other schools can't even do the white-outs because well, NO WHITE IS IN THEIR COLOR. Look at other schools. They picked a different color. (Maryland-Black, Michigan-Maize).

Notre Dame? You consider a victory over Notre Dame to be big? That team is the most overrated Football School in the country. Until they join a Conference or schedule at least 90%+ of teams who are bowl teams per year. They play the 117th toughest schedule in my opinion. The best teams on their schedule in 2007 were Penn State, Michigan, and USC all beat them a combined 107-10. in 2005, they still played a piece of shit schedule.

If you're going to go that far back, acknowledge that fact we beat you in 2005 17-10.

Nebraska better then the 94 Nittany Lions? Typical Buckeye Bullshit right there. Your telling me Kerry Colins and Ki-Jana Carter doesn't carve the shit out of them?

No, we will be right about OSU and Penn State. Ohio State can win a National Championship if there life depended on it. The last Big Ten team to win a BCS Bowl, who might that be? oh that's right PENN STATE. Read it and weep it.

Ohio State is arrogant because 1.) They just have no common sense, 2.) They're the joke of the Big Ten and don't realize it. and 3.) They take their wins/losses with the maturity expected of a Pre-Schooler.(At least 80-90%)

Ok, so don't come crying to me if our small recruiting class gets dramatically better.

buckeyestu_1309
02-12-2008, 03:32 PM
I believe I did recognize the fact you beat us in 2005 so make sure you read thru what I have to say before you go nuts and start typing.

The last team to win a BCS game from the Big Ten? We beat Notre Dame the same year you beat Florida State buddy, so again do a little research and reading before you post anything. READ THAT AND WEEP

And yes, I do consider that Notre Dame game a big win since they came close to beating USC, beat a tough Pitt team, and a good Michigan team. I believe that team had some talent on it. Just because they sucked last year doesn't mean you can roll the last couple into it just to support your argument. I believe most football analyst would agree that Notre Dame was pretty good in 2005. Whether your hill-jack mind agrees with that is another story.

This is why I don't know why I continue to post????? My knowledge is far superior than you Penn State fans and I continue to be right. All you do when you post against me is look stupid. So do yourself a favor and STOP POSTING. YOUR ONLY MAKING IT WORSE!!!

Lord Stiller
02-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Ohio State is arrogant because 2.) They're the joke of the Big Ten and don't realize it.

:toofunny:

that one made me laugh!

lilyoder6
02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
This is why I don't know why I continue to post????? My knowledge is far superior than you Penn State fans and I continue to be right. All you do when you post against me is look stupid. So do yourself a favor and STOP POSTING. YOUR ONLY MAKING IT WORSE!!!

right that u have so much more knowledge than we do. u prob read our posts then spend time looking on google to see what u can say back..
i doubt that the 02 team could beat 94 psu, 1 reason ur rb clarrett is in jail and would be in jail if he was in 02 time peroid...

i really doubt that number of 5 star, 4 star recruits in the recruiting yr really matter. Stars don't mean shit on the field, it depends on how they play so u can stop tackling about recruiting class, i beileve jerry rice was a 1 or 2 star recruit in college and became the best wr in the nfl..

buckeyestu_1309
02-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Believe it or not, college football is my sport. While I am guily of having to use google to remember scores, the rest of my knowledge comes from within. (As I am sure you guys have never had to use websites to look anything right?) Just call me being a resourceful person.

How is Clarrett being in jail right now have anything to do with what would happen on the field in a fictional game? Say what you want about the guys morals, but he had a hell of a year in 2002. You can talk about NFL all you want but I am talking college football (which really helps you out if you want to talk about Ki-Jana Carter), but your right about the 4 or 5 star recruits. A.J. Hawk was a 3 star recruit, at best, and turned out to be one of the better linebackers to come thru Ohio State. While Mike DeAndrea was a 5 star recruit and barely saw the field.

This talk about how the '02 OSU team not being able to keep up with the '94 Penn team sounds a WHOLE lot like how we wouldn't be able to match up with the '02 Miami team (according to the media and I am sure you Penn State fans were eating right out of their hand). Look how that turned out

One more thing I forgot to post to steelcityman786: be careful about ripping on teams that have no affiliations with any conferences and remember your roots

SteelCityMan786
02-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I believe I did recognize the fact you beat us in 2005 so make sure you read thru what I have to say before you go nuts and start typing.

The last team to win a BCS game from the Big Ten? We beat Notre Dame the same year you beat Florida State buddy, so again do a little research and reading before you post anything. READ THAT AND WEEP

And yes, I do consider that Notre Dame game a big win since they came close to beating USC, beat a tough Pitt team, and a good Michigan team. I believe that team had some talent on it. Just because they sucked last year doesn't mean you can roll the last couple into it just to support your argument. I believe most football analyst would agree that Notre Dame was pretty good in 2005. Whether your hill-jack mind agrees with that is another story.

Ok 2005 you got me there

Actually the Orange Bowl was later. A majority of Notre Dame's wins were against the Military Academies and lower level Competition. Pitt? Good? GIVE ME A BREAK Pitt hasn't won a bowl game in over 5 years. They were coming off a loss to a Mountain West team. Major conference teams should easily blow them out. But Pitt lost to UTAH 34-7 in the Fiesta Bowl the season before. Also name the last time Notre Dame won a BCS Bowl? Check up your resources.

You're just posting here to prove the arrogance of a majority of Ohio State fans are giving your Ohio State fan base that post here a bad name(Unfairly I might add). How do I look stupid? I'm an honor roll student in high school. So I think I would know what the heck I am talking about. Why should I stop posting? I'm not throwing personal attacks at random.

HometownGal
02-12-2008, 05:00 PM

C'mon noob - knock it off with the condescending superiority complex, k? You can debate rationally without the jabs. :headbutt:

buckeyestu_1309
02-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Orange Bowl was played later? Are you really going to argue technicalities??? The fact that OSU played 2 days before? If that's all you got then that's not much.

Yes, Pitt was good that year (ranked in the top 25). If Pitt was playing Utah in the Fiesta Bowl the year prior, they must have been doing something right? I don't see how you can consider beating a team that played in a BCS bowl game the year prior and ranked not a good win for Notre Dame. By your logic, if Penn State were to beat us next year it's not a good win because we are coming off a bowl loss in the national championship (and you can't honestly tell me you would believe this).

While true, Notre Dame is 0-3 in BCS bowl games the fact remains they still are Notre Dame. No matter your opinion of Notre Dame, beating a highly ranked Notre Dame team in a BCS bowl game is a huge win. (Like beating the Yankees, etc.)

As far as giving Ohio State fans a bad name, I am only saying what we all know/think.

Congrats on being an honor roll student in high school, I'm a student at THE Ohio State University and about to walk out the door with a degree from a top 25 business school.

buckeyestu_1309
02-12-2008, 05:30 PM
I think the Moutain West too, deserves a little more credit with wins by Utah (against Pitt) and Boise State (against Oklahoma). While I am not saying they are up to par yet with the big boys, I do think they have atleast have something to build on.

SteelCityMan786
02-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Orange Bowl was played later? Are you really going to argue technicalities??? The fact that OSU played 2 days before? If that's all you got then that's not much.

Yes, Pitt was good that year (ranked in the top 25). If Pitt was playing Utah in the Fiesta Bowl the year prior, they must have been doing something right? I don't see how you can consider beating a team that played in a BCS bowl game the year prior and ranked not a good win for Notre Dame. By your logic, if Penn State were to beat us next year it's not a good win because we are coming off a bowl loss in the national championship (and you can't honestly tell me you would believe this).

While true, Notre Dame is 0-3 in BCS bowl games the fact remains they still are Notre Dame. No matter your opinion of Notre Dame, beating a highly ranked Notre Dame team in a BCS bowl game is a huge win. (Like beating the Yankees, etc.)

As far as giving Ohio State fans a bad name, I am only saying what we all know/think.

Congrats on being an honor roll student in high school, I'm a student at THE Ohio State University and about to walk out the door with a degree from a top 25 business school.

You realize Pitt was starting a new head coach who has shown (with the exception of the WVU game last year) that he can't coach with worth crap in College Football in aforementioned year? He has taken a once proud program and turned into a laughing stock.

Ohio State though(I'm sure you'd agree with me on this) plays in a conference that is respectable despite their issues winning the National Championship. And at the time of said game in 2006 was Unbeaten. Therefore I feel that would have been a good win. When Conference Season rolls around, that's when I judge how good a win would be(including past history).

Thanks for that by the way. I'm Hoping to land at a highly accredited broadcasting school. (Some people are already reffering to me as the next Myron Cope).

lilyoder6
02-12-2008, 06:57 PM
psu has 30 players that have won a superbowl ring.. so we know that psu can produce players,, any o state players that have had major careers???

SteelCityMan786
02-12-2008, 07:35 PM
One more thing I forgot to post to steelcityman786: be careful about ripping on teams that have no affiliations with any conferences and remember your roots

Yeah I will, but I rip them because they should learn what it's like to play in a real Football conference and join us.

Lord Stiller
02-12-2008, 07:54 PM
psu has 30 players that have won a superbowl ring.. so we know that psu can produce players,, any o state players that have had major careers???

didnt you see Troy Smith play last year????????? :cheer:

I hear Clarrett and Craig Krenzel might make a comeback too lol

Oh btw, Poz > Hawk and Connor > Lauranitis

lilyoder6
02-13-2008, 08:50 AM
actually i didn't see troy smith play, i guess i couldn't see him over the d-line and o-line

SteelCityMan786
02-13-2008, 09:36 AM
actually i didn't see troy smith play, i guess i couldn't see him over the d-line and o-line

I did. He kept giving me a "migraine" like he did in college

buckeyestu_1309
02-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Lordstiller -
I think Poz needs to play an entire season before you can say he is better than a.j.hawk. hawk is the reason why that green bay defense has gotten so good. what a joke that dan connor and paul posluszny won the Bednarik award over hawk and laurinaitis. Lets look at their stats, since stats don't lie

Posluszny: 116 tackles,14 for loss, and 4 sacks

A.J Hawk : 121 tackles, 16.5 for loss, and 9.5 sacks

Posluszny wins the Bednarik award.....hmmmm...........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Posluszny: 116 tackles, 9.5 tackles for a loss, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles

Laurinaitis: 115 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a loss, 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 5 INT

Posluszny wins the Bednarik award again.....hmmmmm..................
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connor: 100 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles

Laurinaitis: 121 tackles, 5 sacks and 2 intereceptions

Connor wins the Bednarik award again....hmmm...............

I know what your going to say "argue all you want but they hold the awards". Tell me this though, do you really think they deserved the award for top defensive player when they weren't even the best player at their position? I think if you were being honest with yourself you would answer that with a "no"

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-13-2008, 04:16 PM
I did. He kept giving me a "migraine" like he did in college

Because he was throwing TD's all over that Penn State D right?:wink02:

SteelCityMan786
02-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Because he was throwing TD's all over that Penn State D right?:wink02:

Only thing is. He didn't throw for that many TD's in the final match ups against him. The big reason Ohio State won the 2006 game was because Morelli was color blind and his receivers didn't do didly.

revefsreleets
02-13-2008, 06:38 PM
What
The
Eff!?!?!

This was never supposed to become this kind of a thread. This should have never gone any further than the fact that very few people outside of PA really think of PSU as having a top 5 fan base. I had a couple more links that were a little more mitigating:

http://www.hofmag.com/content/view/888/60/1/0/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/sioncampus/09/15/best_weekends0916/

Regardless, this thread really brought out the worst in people on both sides of the argument. I've always had great respect for PSU's program, I enjoy watching them play, I almost always root for them (unless they are playing the Bucks or their losing has a direct benefit for OSU). None of that changes, but this thread did expose a lot of the ugly underbelly of this whole thing.

lilyoder6
02-13-2008, 07:01 PM
anthony was a retarded qb for us in games for the past 2 yrs.. but maybe poz won b/c he's a better player?? connor won b/c he is better than james.. but don't wry i am sure james will win next yr, unless sean lee becames a great lb like the past lb's have become...

hawk is NOT the reason the green bay def got better,, yes he is good for them but the d-line was revamped, and the secondary was revamped, and thats why the def got better.. 1 person can't make a def or off better

Rhee Rhee
02-16-2008, 03:03 AM
1 person can't make a def or off better

mean joe greene can...

deion sanders can....

jack lambert...

Lawrence Taylor

DIck Butkus

the list goes on...

now this is not trashing ur aj hawk statement... i agree he is not the reason they're better BUT 1 person can make a def better...

Jeremy
02-16-2008, 08:20 AM
What
The
Eff!?!?!

This was never supposed to become this kind of a thread. This should have never gone any further than the fact that very few people outside of PA really think of PSU as having a top 5 fan base. I had a couple more links that were a little more mitigating:

http://www.hofmag.com/content/view/888/60/1/0/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/sioncampus/09/15/best_weekends0916/

Regardless, this thread really brought out the worst in people on both sides of the argument. I've always had great respect for PSU's program, I enjoy watching them play, I almost always root for them (unless they are playing the Bucks or their losing has a direct benefit for OSU). None of that changes, but this thread did expose a lot of the ugly underbelly of this whole thing.

Hold the phone. The implication in that post is that people outside of Ohio think Ohio State has a Top 5 fanbase. Now I hate to burst your bubble, but that's hogwash. Ohio State's popularity out here on the West Coast is very limited. Basically, it's compromised of former Ohio residents. Penn State may have a limited appeal, but the same can be said of Ohio State.

revefsreleets
02-16-2008, 05:11 PM
The fan base of people from Ohio and ex-alum and the way the travel makes them a top-5 fan base. It's the 7th most populace state, and there is NO fan division as in the bigger states (i.e. Florida has Miami, UF and FSU). If you are born in Ohio, you ARE a Buckeye. Even PA has some Pitt fans.

Did you read the article from the dude in Washington? Did you hear what the fans in Texas had to say? Wherever the Bucks travel the home team is monumentally shocked at how well the fans travel, and they are usually quite vocal about it. Just as in Seattle, where they said NO other team ever sent as many fans along, not ND, not USC. There's a reason HBO did it's first ever documentary on college football on the Michigan vs OSU rivalry, and if you watch that special, a large part of it concerns the rabid nature of the Buckeye fans. SI had an article on the dominance of OSU athletics, and they made the cover. The title of the article was "The Program" and part of the article, again dealt with the phenomenon of the fans.

I don't understand the hostility and resistance here...it's not like I'm making this stuff up.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/magazine/cover/images/t1_cover0305.jpg

lilyoder6
02-17-2008, 11:31 AM
wow, i beleuve psu has made covers on the si issue.... but u look at the psu texes am game this past yr there were many psu fans there when it's only mins away from am.. so i think that psu fans travel well to..

revefsreleets
02-17-2008, 08:15 PM
That's part of my point. I'm not dealing in "wikipedia facts", or general impressions of fans of the Bucks, I'm talking about hard empirical data, of observations (documented, like many of my facts are, of course) by those who were there and saw and who know. UT had never rented their basketball arena out out an opposing team before. Of course, no opposing team had ever had the need to hold a pep rally for 30,000 traveling fans. It was nice of the Longhorns to do so, and I'm sure if you ask any of the people in the know around Austin what opposing college team had the best fan base in the country, they wouldn't hesitate to say OSU.

But, hey, what would they know? Or the people in New Orleans who said the same? Or in Phoenix who said the same? Or the people in Orlando who said the same? Or Tampa? Or Seattle?

lilyoder6
02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
well it depends on who ur asking.. if ur askinbg football fans no shit they will know about o state and any other big schools in the nation since they are football lovers.. non football watchers would know nothing...

i think this thread will never end, b/c there are too many examples to show that show each others great fan base.. we should just wait and see where pryor goes and talk about his decision

revefsreleets
02-17-2008, 08:33 PM
That just proves my point: If Pryor goes to OSU, great...if not, no biggie. They recruit as well as anyone else in the country, and they'll be fine. But if Michigan or PSU miss out on him it will be a big blow to those programs.

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2008, 09:46 PM
That just proves my point: If Pryor goes to OSU, great...if not, no biggie. They recruit as well as anyone else in the country, and they'll be fine. But if Michigan or PSU miss out on him it will be a big blow to those programs.

Yeah and besides, you guys have a set starter anyway. Penn State and Michigan don't. If he wants to start right away, he should go to either or. Darryl Clark who if the season started now would be the starter is a sr. and could be used as a WR or a RB.

lilyoder6
02-17-2008, 09:51 PM
i don't think it would be a big blow to Michigan or psu just b/c of the fact they alrdy have a qb who can start this season.... it just helps them out a lil more

k7brown
02-17-2008, 10:26 PM
So did he really make up his mind yet?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-18-2008, 10:26 AM
So did he really make up his mind yet?

No he still has to visit Oregon and that isn't happening until his basketball team gets knocked out of the turni.

k7brown
02-18-2008, 11:06 AM
No he still has to visit Oregon and that isn't happening until his basketball team gets knocked out of the turni.

Ok... cause I didnt think he really decided yet, but the title of the thread kind of threw me for a loop.

lilyoder6
02-18-2008, 11:28 AM
oregon??? i believe he dropped Oregon a while ago...

Lord Stiller
02-18-2008, 01:31 PM

PSU already has 2 qbs(Devlin & Clark) with a lot of potential ready to go if Pryor goes to Choke-hio State

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-18-2008, 02:57 PM
oregon??? i believe he dropped Oregon a while ago...

No I read an article the other day that said he still wanted to visit Oregon but had to wait until he was done with basketball. Here's the link of the articl from the 12th of February.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080212/SPORTS06/80212040/1054

Pryor said he plans to visit the Ducks. “Oregon is still in it,” Pryor said last week. “They’re definitely in the picture and I’ll be flying out to Oregon to check it out.”

revefsreleets
02-18-2008, 03:56 PM
PSU already has 2 qbs(Devlin & Clark) with a lot of potential ready to go if Pryor goes to Choke-hio State

That's cute. 3 trips to the big game in 7 years deserves a lot more respect than its getting.

lilyoder6
02-18-2008, 04:42 PM
y? ppl don't remember the losers.. so should we say they bills are a great dyunasty b/c they have been in multiple sb??? no.. i'll give o state the respect for the miami game b/c they won and it was a good game.. but the others were choke jobs

revefsreleets
02-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Eh, we're just getting started...3 out of 7 is just a warm-up. Which comes full circle to the fact that we need Pryor a lot less than any other Big Ten program (although Boeckman is not the answer either).

lilyoder6
02-19-2008, 07:17 PM
what is it the beginning of them going and losing?? what a tradition to start and cont.. lets do good in the season and lose in the big game.. woot!!

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 08:12 PM

My bet is they'd come up with packages for both Pryor and Clark. But Devlin could hit the road.

revefsreleets
02-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Nonsense...there are 118 other programs who would KILL to make it to the big game and lose 2/3 times in 7 years. Of course they'd prefer to win, but they didn't. Hell, they made it to the championship game in a REBUILDING year. That should scare the Hell out of any and all comers.

We're use to the hate and envy...bring it on.

Jeremy
02-22-2008, 11:18 AM
That's cute. 3 trips to the big game in 7 years deserves a lot more respect than its getting.

Congrats....you're the Atlanta Braves of college football.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 02:50 PM
http://www.madison.com/tct/blogs/insiders/271785
Recruiting: Pryor down to Ohio State, Penn State

The nation's number one recruit, quarterback Terrelle Pryor, has removed Michigan and Oregon from his short list. That leaves only Ohio State and Penn State.

Four days ago he said that he would make his decision known at 12:05 on Tender Day , Wednesday the 6th. He did not.

He has now ruled out Michigan and Oregon. The decision would be bad for anybody, but it is particularly bad for the Wolverines, who don't have a suitable quarterback available for next season.

Worse still, Rodriguez' recruiting antics over the past few weeks have offended the entire conference. There is considerable speculation that what he has done may be working against him.
Recruiting ethics, plus missing documents at West Virginia, have raised red flags across the country.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-23-2008, 04:29 PM
http://www.madison.com/tct/blogs/insiders/271785
Recruiting: Pryor down to Ohio State, Penn State

The nation's number one recruit, quarterback Terrelle Pryor, has removed Michigan and Oregon from his short list. That leaves only Ohio State and Penn State.

Four days ago he said that he would make his decision known at 12:05 on Tender Day , Wednesday the 6th. He did not.

He has now ruled out Michigan and Oregon. The decision would be bad for anybody, but it is particularly bad for the Wolverines, who don't have a suitable quarterback available for next season.

Worse still, Rodriguez' recruiting antics over the past few weeks have offended the entire conference. There is considerable speculation that what he has done may be working against him.
Recruiting ethics, plus missing documents at West Virginia, have raised red flags across the country.

Wow he ruled out Michigan.:jawdrop: Seems to me that he will be a Buckeye now but Penn State is guilting him into staying in Pennsylvania.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Wow he ruled out Michigan.:jawdrop: Seems to me that he will be a Buckeye now but Penn State is guilting him into staying in Pennsylvania.

How are they guilting him? Once again, he's close to his dad and his family. So why not go to Penn State? Tressel weasels his way to players while Joe Pa and his staff worry about not just about a kids football carrier, but their life after Football.

revefsreleets
02-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Congrats....you're the Atlanta Braves of college football.

The book has already been written? Isn't it better to wait until the story is over before that's done?

Oh, wait...of course YOU know exactly what's going on, and the rest of poor fools just have to play catch up. Christ, isn't about time you have another break with reality and leave this site forever for the 5th time?

How are they guilting him? Once again, he's close to his dad and his family. So why not go to Penn State? Tressel weasels his way to players while Joe Pa and his staff worry about not just about a kids football carrier, but their life after Football.
Look man, keep it factual. It's ok to get upset, but by ALL accounts Tress is a very classy coach who MOLDED his coaching/mentoring style on Joe Pa's. That was hitting below the belt.

millwalldavey
02-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Damn. Go Blue, I guess... :dang:

lilyoder6
02-23-2008, 09:28 PM
i would call last yr a rebuilding season for the buckeyes... they still had most of there def intacted and only had to replace the qb and wr... so not really a rebuilding yr..

lilyoder6
02-23-2008, 09:28 PM
if u are gonna go to a scholl based on the coaches.. no doubt it would be jpe pa he is a legend..

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 11:11 PM
if u are gonna go to a scholl based on the coaches.. no doubt it would be jpe pa he is a legend..

Not to mention has more championships to his resume.

Rhee Rhee
02-23-2008, 11:58 PM
when does terrele have to make a decision by?

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 09:18 AM
when does terrele have to make a decision by?

I would assume by the time Summer Workouts begin.

millwalldavey
02-24-2008, 09:24 AM

And half senile.

lilyoder6
02-24-2008, 10:51 AM
i would hope he would make a decision so he can start going to the offseason workouts and shit like that.. and joe pa might be old but he's knows a lot more shit than any other coach in the ncaa

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 10:53 AM
The book has already been written? Isn't it better to wait until the story is over before that's done?

Oh, wait...of course YOU know exactly what's going on, and the rest of poor fools just have to play catch up. Christ, isn't about time you have another break with reality and leave this site forever for the 5th time?

Look man, keep it factual. It's ok to get upset, but by ALL accounts Tress is a very classy coach who MOLDED his coaching/mentoring style on Joe Pa's. That was hitting below the belt.

41-14

38-24

Have a good day.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 11:29 AM
i would hope he would make a decision so he can start going to the offseason workouts and shit like that.. and joe pa might be old but he's knows a lot more shit than any other coach in the ncaa

According to what SC was stating that he has till April.

Also, do OSU fans think Pryor wants to be associated with Post-Season losers. Sure PSU hasn't been a part of a BCS National Championship, but the problem is they have won their last 3 post-season appearances. 1 of which was against a SEC School. I'm sure you know what it is like to beat one of them in the last 2 years, oh wait, you don't.

Crushzilla
02-24-2008, 12:12 PM
According to what SC was stating that he has till April.

Also, do OSU fans think Pryor wants to be associated with Post-Season losers. Sure PSU hasn't been a part of a BCS National Championship, but the problem is they have won their last 3 post-season appearances. 1 of which was against a SEC School. I'm sure you know what it is like to beat one of them in the last 2 years, oh wait, you don't.

I'd sure he'll be knocking people over to sign on with a school that hasn't been to a national championship since before he was born...

Pryor is a QB of the future... Paterno is a coach of the past...

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 12:18 PM
I'd sure he'll be knocking people over to sign on with a school that hasn't been to a national championship since before he was born...

Pryor is a QB of the future... Paterno is a coach of the past...

OK.....if winning a national championship was his goal he would have signed with Florida or USC. But he didn't because staying close to home is pretty important to him. So before Buckeyes fans go beating their chests too much, they might want to keep that in mind.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 12:35 PM
OK.....if winning a national championship was his goal he would have signed with Florida or USC. But he didn't because staying close to home is pretty important to him. So before Buckeyes fans go beating their chests too much, they might want to keep that in mind.

That is very true. This kid is very close to his family. Not to mention I have been told he IS a Penn State fan to.

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 12:39 PM
That is very true. This kid is very close to his family. Not to mention I have been told he IS a Penn State fan to.

I don't know. I think this is all way overblown anyway. He's a teenager who's probably not going to even play next season. He could be the next Vince Young, but there's no guarantee of that either.

I think people should just leave the kid alone and let him make up his own mind.

Crushzilla
02-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I don't know. I think this is all way overblown anyway. He's a teenager who's probably not going to even play next season. He could be the next Vince Young, but there's no guarantee of that either.

I think people should just leave the kid alone and let him make up his own mind.

Its getting to that point.

I live in Greensburg, which is right next to Jeannette, and Pryor going to college has been a hot topic here for AT LEAST two years.

I can only imagine how sick of it he is.

lilyoder6
02-24-2008, 03:36 PM
i forgot that joe pa is the coach of the past still going over 500 evrty season and making sure his players have a great gpa in class and they can do something outside of school.. i totally forgot how many coaches do that...

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Its getting to that point.

I live in Greensburg, which is right next to Jeannette, and Pryor going to college has been a hot topic here for AT LEAST two years.

I can only imagine how sick of it he is.

I'm sure he is going to soon be ready to announce.

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm sure he is going to soon be ready to announce.

From everything I've read, he hates to let people down. Signing a LOI is going to let three programs down.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 07:19 PM
From everything I've read, he hates to let people down. Signing a LOI is going to let three programs down.

He's already eliminated 2 of them if the report I posted earlier in this thread is correct.(Michigan and Oregon)

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 07:57 PM
He's already eliminated 2 of them if the report I posted earlier in this thread is correct.(Michigan and Oregon)

The bottom line here is that everything being reported is little more then speculation and second hand information.

We're all going to find out the truth together.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 08:03 PM
That's for sure Jeremy. No matter how bad it hurts either side of the equation.

lilyoder6
02-24-2008, 10:13 PM
i think this kid likes to milk the media into following his evry move until he commits

rbryan
02-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Can't we all just get along? lol. I'd love to see him go to Penn State, but it's going to be nearly impossible for this kid to live up to the hype no matter where he ends up. Judging what HS kids are going to do at the next level is a crapshoot at best. Lets not forget, Morelli was widely considered the top QB coming out of High School too.

Jeremy
02-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Can't we all just get along? lol. I'd love to see him go to Penn State, but it's going to be nearly impossible for this kid to live up to the hype no matter where he ends up. Judging what HS kids are going to do at the next level is a crapshoot at best. Lets not forget, Morelli was widely considered the top QB coming out of High School too.

Morelli and Henne were both highly touted coming out of high school. The drama that played out between those two was almost as bad as what we're seeing with Pryor. Henne gave a verbal to Penn State, only to switch to Michigan. Morelli gave a verbal to Pitt only to change his mind on signing day.

Pryor is pretty close to can't miss at the college level, but I have serious doubts as to his ability to play in the NFL.

Rhee Rhee
02-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Pryor is pretty close to can't miss at the college level, but I have serious doubts as to his ability to play in the NFL.

agreed...

with what is happening to vince young and what has happend with michael vick i too have doubts as to what his impact will be at the next level...

Jeremy
02-25-2008, 01:52 PM
agreed...

with what is happening to vince young and what has happend with michael vick i too have doubts as to what his impact will be at the next level...

I did have an interesting discussion a few weeks ago with someone who thinks it's only a matter of time until someone tries the shotgun wing t in the NFL. I don't think that's going to happen, but only time will tell.

lilyoder6
02-25-2008, 01:52 PM
well vick was a better runner than young.. it was harder for young to do a vick style b/c of his size...

revefsreleets
02-26-2008, 08:40 PM
41-14

38-24

Have a good day.

I wasn't aware that the Tressel era was over at OSU and that the book was written. Or is this another example of when facts should be be set aside because you have an opinion on the matter that differs from the empirical data?

Tress may rattle off 10 NC's during his tenure. If you know he won't, that's great, and you can go on Dr. Phil and tell everyone about it. Until then, your opinion is just as wrong as everyone else's...

SteelCityMan786
02-26-2008, 09:00 PM
I wasn't aware that the Tressel era was over at OSU and that the book was written. Or is this another example of when facts should be be set aside because you have an opinion on the matter that differs from the empirical data?

Tress may rattle off 10 NC's during his tenure. If you know he won't, that's great, and you can go on Dr. Phil and tell everyone about it. Until then, your opinion is just as wrong as everyone else's...

Last I checked Opinions can't be wrong. They can just be crazy to believe.

Jeremy just did prove that Tressel is a bit more of a choker as of late. I never thought I'd see the the day for a long time that Illinois would actually beat Ohio State. Not to mention AT OHIO STATE.

lilyoder6
02-27-2008, 10:12 AM
well i thought illinois was actually good this yr with mendahall and juice williams... but i didn't think that they were that GOOD to play usc in the bowl game

Jeremy
02-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Last I checked Opinions can't be wrong. They can just be crazy to believe.

Jeremy just did prove that Tressel is a bit more of a choker as of late. I never thought I'd see the the day for a long time that Illinois would actually beat Ohio State. Not to mention AT OHIO STATE.

Like I said....Ohio State fans are hard to take seriously.

rbryan
02-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Ohio State fans that are also Steeler fans are even harder to take seriously. lol

Stlrs4Life
02-27-2008, 03:52 PM
terrelle pryor will sign with ohio state because:

1) Michigan signed a 3/4 star recruit who's a purely running QB

Is if Ohio St. offense is so stellar! I think LSU showed that.

Jeremy
02-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Is if Ohio St. offense is so stellar! I think LSU showed that.

Like I said before, if Pryor wanted to win a NC, he'd had already signed at USC or Florida. Ohio State and Penn State are his default schools because of his father.

Period.

lilyoder6
02-27-2008, 08:32 PM
i also think that if pryor goes to psu and poss starts and if teams will play 8 9 ppl in the box the qb whoever it is would have a field day with the wr's psu has and the te quarless

revefsreleets
02-28-2008, 08:20 PM
(clearing throat LOUDLY)

Choke? You mention choke and OSU, then mention USC? NO team has choked harder or longer or louder than Pete Carroll's Trojans. LOADED with talent top to bottom, year in and year out, and they always find a way to piss away at least one game a year to some sorry-assed third rate mid-tier Pac 10 team. The Trojan on the side of their helmet should be replaced with a picture of a chicken bone lodged in a trachea.

At least OSU has the good sense to beat the teams they are supposed to beat, and lose in the biggest game of the year. USC lost to Stanford...at home. That's unforgivable.

I'm also wondering how my credibility comes into question because I happen to be a Steelers and Buckeyes fan? I went to HS in a town that was about 90 miles from Pittsburgh, and about 100 miles from Cleveland. Am I somehow geographically obligated to only support teams originating in my own state? What if I lived on the border of Ohio and Pittsburgh?

Think before you type, people...Geesh!

lilyoder6
02-28-2008, 08:44 PM
this past season for the trojans were injury plagued... teams lose all the time.. i mean lsu lost 2 to not so good teasm and they still won the bcs...

revefsreleets
02-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Injuries count on 53 man NFL rosters to a degree. They are not an acceptable EXCUSE for 1-A teams 6 deep at every position. And there is no excuse for #1 USC losing to #117 Stanford at home. It was a far worse loss than UM's loss to Appalachian St. The Mountaineers were at least a quality football team, even if they were D1-AA. The Cardinal just sucks ass.

Really, I'm tired of this biased and ignorant OSU hate...I'll talk more college football when the season draws closer. This has all become pretty and silly now...Pryor to OSU, Pryor somewhere else, either way, the Bucks will be just fine...

Crushzilla
02-29-2008, 12:01 AM
I'm also wondering how my credibility comes into question because I happen to be a Steelers and Buckeyes fan? I went to HS in a town that was about 90 miles from Pittsburgh, and about 100 miles from Cleveland. Am I somehow geographically obligated to only support teams originating in my own state? What if I lived on the border of Ohio and Pittsburgh?

I was wondering the same thing... So every Steelers fan should be a Pitt Panthers fan?

I guess that would mean 98% of the people on this board have no credibility.

I would be in the 2% of course, because I have no collegic alliegences :smile:

Lord Stiller
02-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Really, I'm tired of this biased and ignorant OSU hate...I'll talk more college football when the season draws closer. This has all become pretty and silly now...Pryor to OSU, Pryor somewhere else, either way, the Bucks will be just fine...

Were tired of hearing from you annoying OSU fans

Penn State will be just fine no matter what happens. Similar to Steeler Nation, WE have the biggest and best fanbase in college football. Dont be jealous

lilyoder6
02-29-2008, 09:19 AM
y does it matter where u live??? it's who u grew up watching not where u live.... if that was true based on where u lived i would like evry team in PA, D.C, New York and KC.. but do i no..i am a steelers fan and a psu fan

revefsreleets
02-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Were tired of hearing from you annoying OSU fans

Penn State will be just fine no matter what happens. Similar to Steeler Nation, WE have the biggest and best fanbase in college football. Dont be jealous

Jealous? Really now.....you need to try a little harder than that. I can't even take this argument seriously...

Lord Stiller
02-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Jealous? Really now.....you need to try a little harder than that. I can't even take this argument seriously...

then why did you respond to it?

Jeremy
03-01-2008, 08:35 AM
then why did you respond to it?

He can't help it.

revefsreleets
03-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Right. Uh huh...anyway...

Hey, look, every program has some fans who can't see the forest through the trees, so I'm not going to judge PSU based on a few people. They have a fine football program, one of the best, with, if not the classiest coach, than certainly one of the classiest coaches ever. I've always held Penn State in very high regard, and will continue to do so.

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2008, 04:55 PM
I was wondering the same thing... So every Steelers fan should be a Pitt Panthers fan?

I guess that would mean 98% of the people on this board have no credibility.

I would be in the 2% of course, because I have no collegic alliegences :smile:

YES

Every Steelers fan SHOULD be a PITT Panthers Fan.

Stlrs4Life
03-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Ehh, Ohio State fans didn't even realize they had a team until 2001.

Stlrs4Life
03-11-2008, 08:32 PM
YES

Pitt is not It!:flap:

SteelCityMan786
03-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Pitt is not It!:flap:

SHIT ON PITT!

Lord Stiller
03-11-2008, 09:21 PM
YES

Franco Harris and Jack Ham say otherwise :flap:

lilyoder6
03-11-2008, 09:29 PM
i stll can't beleive he hasn't made up his mind yet

Dylan
03-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Franco Harris and Jack Ham say otherwise :flap:

O yea, two of the greatest steelers from PSU, thats what its all about

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Did this kid make a decision yet or does he need some more attention to make him feel important??

I'm a Michigan fan, but could really care less if he goes there or not. If he is as good as the hype, he should just sue the NFL for restraint of trade and go straight into the draft.

I hate the prima donna athlete, especially highschool kids.

touchdownward
03-11-2008, 09:47 PM
He's drug this out so long that people are starting to not care.

Furthermore, Pryor never considered Georgia so I don't give a damn where the little drama queen:grin: signs.:flap:

Dylan
03-11-2008, 09:55 PM
He's drug this out so long that people are starting to not care.

Furthermore, Pryor never considered Georgia so I don't give a damn where the little drama queen:grin: signs.:flap:

you know what man you have it all wrong. when he makes this decision hes goin to have to deal with it for 4 to 5 years. there is no turning back, hes just making sure he fits in with the system and comfortable with everybody. and for the record hes not delaying his decision, every recruit could be doing what hes doing they just chose not to.

touchdownward
03-11-2008, 10:09 PM
you know what man you have it all wrong. when he makes this decision hes goin to have to deal with it for 4 to 5 years. there is no turning back, hes just making sure he fits in with the system and comfortable with everybody. and for the record hes not delaying his decision, every recruit could be doing what hes doing they just chose not to.
Yeah, those are the reasons he hasn't made up his mind yet. :whistle:

83-Steelers-43
03-11-2008, 10:12 PM
YES

You would think since the university is actually in the city of Pittsburgh, people who live outside of the city or out of state would have at least some respect for the university. Particulary the ones who claim to love the city and it's sports history, yet bashing it's major university, a university that has spit out some damn fine football players for this city to be proud of over the years seems to be okay.

By no means am I stating that everybody should become PITT fans, but maybe a little respect and appreciation? Oh well, I guess it's just a Pittsburgh thing? I really don't care one way or the other, I just find it a little odd and amusing. That's all.

Anyways, speaking of Pryor....

Jeannette, North Catholic fight sparks WPIAL discipline review
Melee mars playoff game at Hempfield
Saturday, March 08, 2008
By Mike White, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Jeannette High School boys' basketball team could face disciplinary action from the WPIAL because of a fight between the Jayhawks and North Catholic after today's PIAA playoff game at Hempfield.

Jeannette won the Class AA quarterfinal, 86-60, and the fight occurred outside the North Catholic locker room.

The WPIAL will hold a hearing Tuesday with all parties involved, and WPIAL executive director Tim O'Malley acknowledged some of Jeannette's players could face disclipinary action that might affect their status for Wednesday's semifinal game.

Jeannette star Terrelle Pryor was one of many players involved in the incident.

"Clearly what has been reported to have taken place is totally unacceptable and outside what is involved in sportsmanship," said O'Malley. "Might there be consequences? Absolutely. What they might be, I don't know. That will be up to our board of control."

State police said last night the incident is under investigation, though it is being treated so far as a disturbance. No criminal charges have been filed.

According to those who saw the incident, Jeannette's team came down a hallway after the game and approached North Catholic as it entered the locker room.

Hempfield assistant coach Rob Stauffer worked security for the game and escorted North Catholic to its locker room when the fight started. Stauffer told state police he was holding back Pryor during the melee.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08068/863648-100.stm

fansince'76
03-11-2008, 10:15 PM
I hate the prima donna athlete, especially highschool kids.

Agreed. Big leap from playing against high school kids to playing against college kids. Bigger leap still from playing against college kids to playing against grown men in the NFL. Kid needs to realize he hasn't done jack shit yet.

Lord Stiller
03-12-2008, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure if i still want to see Pryor in a Penn State uniform. dude is a headcase and recently started a fight after a bball game

Penn State is the classiest football team there is, i dont want some punk like Pryor to tarnish that

Let him go live the thug life in OSU with Clarrett and them

Jeremy
03-12-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm not sure if i still want to see Pryor in a Penn State uniform. dude is a headcase and recently started a fight after a bball game

Penn State is the classiest football team there is, i dont want some punk like Pryor to tarnish that

Let him go live the thug life in OSU with Clarrett and them

You gotta be kidding! Six different players have been suspended since their season ended! That's the most screwed up definition of class I've ever seen!

lilyoder6
03-12-2008, 10:03 AM
well do u want psu to be like all the other colleges and have them be brought back in and pampered??? psu doesn't teach these palyers that football isn't evrything.. it's a privalage that can be taken away..

Lord Stiller
03-12-2008, 10:38 AM
You gotta be kidding! Six different players have been suspended since their season ended! That's the most screwed up definition of class I've ever seen!

they were kicked off the team

Paterno also kicked off the team, Larry Johnson's brother Tony a few years ago

Jeremy
03-12-2008, 11:26 AM
they were kicked off the team

Paterno also kicked off the team, Larry Johnson's brother Tony a few years ago

That someone makes it better? How many guys who were in that fight last year saw signifitcant PT last season? Wasn't one of the main participants the starting saftey for your team last season?

Penn State is no better than Virginia Tech or Miami.

Lord Stiller
03-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Penn State is no better than Virginia Tech or Miami.

LMAO

that is all hater

Jeremy
03-12-2008, 12:03 PM
LMAO

that is all hater

It might be, if my team was worse than Penn State.

lilyoder6
03-12-2008, 01:05 PM
i forgot about the players at usc getting paid to play there.. how dumb of me.. :dang:

the only 2 that saw significant pt was aquitted of the charges.. and even tho the whole team had to clean the stadium after evry home game...

Jeremy
03-12-2008, 01:11 PM
i forgot about the players at usc getting paid to play there.. how dumb of me.. :dang:

the only 2 that saw significant pt was aquitted of the charges.. and even tho the whole team had to clean the stadium after evry home game...

And how long did that last? 2 games? 3 games? It was a joke and everyone knew that.

lilyoder6
03-12-2008, 04:55 PM
it lasted the whole season num-nuts... when joe pa punishes some one or the team he is not going to stop it b/c they are football players unlike these other colleges who would say the team would have to clean the stadium and turn right around and hire ppl to clean it

Jeremy
03-12-2008, 05:14 PM
it lasted the whole season num-nuts... when joe pa punishes some one or the team he is not going to stop it b/c they are football players unlike these other colleges who would say the team would have to clean the stadium and turn right around and hire ppl to clean it

I know for a fact it didn't go on for the whole season.

revefsreleets
03-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Ehh, Ohio State fans didn't even realize they had a team until 2001.
I guess I should throw out my Greg Bellisari and Shawn Springs jersey's then, right?

Hey, I don't mind you guys having pride in your state school program. And bash away all you want...but the bottom line is I did my homework and I respect PSU...it shouldn't be too much to ask for reciprocation.

Stlrs4Life
03-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I guess I should throw out my Greg Bellisari and Shawn Springs jersey's then, right?

Hey, I don't mind you guys having pride in your state school program. And bash away all you want...but the bottom line is I did my homework and I respect PSU...it shouldn't be too much to ask for reciprocation.

Maybe you did, but I don't know you, I do know the ones I work with though. They were all whining when OSU hired Tressel, why are we hiring a small college coach? I said to myself, I would love to have Tressel as our coach.

lilyoder6
03-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Jeremy how do u know 4 a fact that it didn't go on 4 the whole season???

and b4 u says about how i know if it went on all season.. i have grandparents who live 1 hr away from state college and i have friends who go to psu..

Jeremy
03-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Jeremy how do u know 4 a fact that it didn't go on 4 the whole season???

and b4 u says about how i know if it went on all season.. i have grandparents who live 1 hr away from state college and i have friends who go to psu..

So do I. That's how I know it didn't happen the whole season.

SteelCityMan786
03-15-2008, 06:54 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10712272

We will find out this week.

Jeremy
03-16-2008, 10:08 AM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10712272

We will find out this week.

Look guys, he's going to Ohio State. That's where he wanted to go on signing day. The whole Penn State thing has been for his dad's benefit. At the end of the day, he's going to end up in Columbus.

lilyoder6
03-16-2008, 10:28 AM
i like it all the reporter said the other shcools were still in the mix even he said no to them... i guess we will finally find out... but i think that evry son would want to make there father happy.. and this is a easy way to make his father proud by going to psu.. lol

nice job on the ring in b-ball

millwalldavey
03-16-2008, 10:52 AM
He was going to sya OSU on signing day and then decided against it. I think thats where his heart is... which breaks my heart... i was hoping he was going to run rodriguez's spread!

PSU... no chance. They'd ruin him.

Jeremy
03-16-2008, 11:44 AM
He was going to sya OSU on signing day and then decided against it. I think thats where his heart is... which breaks my heart... i was hoping he was going to run rodriguez's spread!

PSU... no chance. They'd ruin him.

Wow....Penn State would ruin him but Michigan would be a good fit? That's one of the dumbest things I've read on this message board.

Of the four schools he's picking between, Ohio State is the only one that will put him in the NFL as a quarterback. Penn State and Oregon won't and he'd probably end up selling drugs under Rodriguez at Michigan.

millwalldavey
03-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Wow. Michigans new spread would be built for him. Granted, OSU is the best place for him at this time if he wants to go pro.

PSU destroys QB prospects. Enough said. Remember Morelli? Mills? Robinson was not a QB and had one good (and lucky) year at QB there.

Lord Stiller
03-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Robinson was not a QB and had one good (and lucky) year at QB there.

How was Robinson's great senior year which lead to an Orange Bowl win lucky?

makes no sense at all. no luck involved there

SteelCityMan786
03-16-2008, 03:44 PM

Not to mention last I checked he did it with FRESHMEN Wide Receivers.

millwalldavey
03-16-2008, 07:01 PM

Simple. He was not a very good quarterback. Ahtlete, no doubt he was a greate athlete. Just not a good quarterback. That was a waste of a year of development for morelli, who really could have blossomed as a highly touted prospect. I'm sorry, but one good season for a player who was a better athlete than QB is just another example of how Penn State cannot groom or develop quaterbacks... at least since Blackledge.

They would likely end up turning Pryor into a WR.

SteelCityMan786
03-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Simple. He was not a very good quarterback. Ahtlete, no doubt he was a greate athlete. Just not a good quarterback. That was a waste of a year of development for morelli, who really could have blossomed as a highly touted prospect. I'm sorry, but one good season for a player who was a better athlete than QB is just another example of how Penn State cannot groom or develop quaterbacks... at least since Blackledge.

Ever hear of Kerry Collins?

Also another thing to, you realize how many people kept calling for his head? Numerous people wanted Morelli any time that Robinson screwed up.

Lord Stiller
03-16-2008, 08:04 PM

Wow. you know nothing about football

Penn State nearly went undefeated (last second loss to Michigan) and won the Orange Bowl but they should have played Morelli?

Morelli got his chance the next 2 seasons, and blew it

stupid, just stupid

Jeremy
03-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Wow. Michigans new spread would be built for him. Granted, OSU is the best place for him at this time if he wants to go pro.

PSU destroys QB prospects. Enough said. Remember Morelli? Mills? Robinson was not a QB and had one good (and lucky) year at QB there.

Did you watch West Virginia last season? Pryor is a better passer than Pat White. With his size and his desire to play in the NFL, Ohio State is the only logical place for him to go.

lilyoder6
03-17-2008, 09:25 PM
when was the last time rodriguez produced a qb?? and with robinson being the qb and having a great yr how is that lucky??? i mean u can't be lucky evry time u throw the ball to freshman wr's.... u can't rely on luck to play qb and be successful.. since he was an athlete thats y he was so good b/c he could play anywhere..

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Pryor to announce his choice tommorrow.

The highly touted high school quarterback will announce where he will attend college at a news conference Wednesday.

Pryor, from Jeannette High School near Pittsburgh, was ready to sign a letter of intent with Ohio State at a similar news conference on Feb. 6, the first day of the national signing period for football recruits.

But he decided at the last minute to delay his selection. His father, Craig, wanted him to take more time to consider attending nearby Penn State.

The 6-foot-6 Pryor led his high school team to the Pennsylvania Class AA basketball championship last weekend at Penn State, but he has not made an official visit to the school since postponing his decision.

Pryor's final choices were Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and Oregon, a list he recently narrowed to two unannounced schools. While he said last month he would visit Oregon, he never did so.

Pryor was at Ohio State on Feb. 24 -- apparently, his only campus trip since his last news conference -- though it was not for an official visit. He was with teammate Jordan Hall, an all-state running back, when Hall was offered a scholarship by the Buckeyes. Hall also has offers from Pitt, Michigan, Penn State and Notre Dame.

Pryor is not believed to have visited Michigan since delaying his decision, although the Wolverines apparently were his other top choice. He did attend a Michigan basketball game on Jan. 19.

Ohio State signed 19 players last month and has been holding a 20th scholarship for Pryor, who had one of the best careers of any athlete in Pennsylvania high school history.

Pryor is the only Pennsylvania player to both rush and pass for at least 4,000 yards in football. He also scored 2,285 points in basketball. He would have been heavily recruited in basketball but, for now, does not plan to play basketball in college.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/03/18/pryor.ap/index.html

Jeremy
03-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Calm down folks, it's going to be Ohio State.

SteelCityMan786
03-18-2008, 07:47 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Penn State has gotten potential prospects for Pitt to change their minds and come to Penn State. One more reason I'm waiting till his announcement to put all my eggs in one basket.

Jeremy
03-18-2008, 08:23 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Penn State has gotten potential prospects for Pitt to change their minds and come to Penn State. One more reason I'm waiting till his announcement to put all my eggs in one basket.

Ohio State isn't Pitt. I'm sorry, but I think this one was a done deal a long time ago.

SteelCityMan786
03-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Ohio State isn't Pitt. I'm sorry, but I think this one was a done deal a long time ago.

More then 100% true. I'm just keeping in mind unexpected recruiting pick ups can still happen. One more reason why I'm not counting my chicken's early.

Jeremy
03-18-2008, 08:34 PM
More then 100% true. I'm just keeping in mind unexpected recruiting pick ups can still happen. One more reason why I'm not counting my chicken's early.

I honestly believe that only Pryor knows what he's going to do at this point. But no matter what happens, I hope that everyone can wish him the best and not display sour grapes. :cheers:

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 08:54 PM
:dang::blah::dang::blah::banging:

Jeremy
03-18-2008, 08:55 PM
:dang::blah::dang::blah::banging:

About what I expected.

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 09:03 PM
About what I expected.

well this is going no where lets just wait and see

lilyoder6
03-18-2008, 09:11 PM
well i bet u are wrong about him being the only one thats knows 4 sure where he is going.. i bet his parents know where he is going...

p.s. i am going to laugh my ass off if he does go to psu b/c o. state was supoose to be the 100% choice 4 him

Dylan
03-18-2008, 09:18 PM
well i bet u are wrong about him being the only one thats knows 4 sure where he is going.. i bet his parents know where he is going...

p.s. i am going to laugh my ass off if he does go to psu b/c o. state was supoose to be the 100% choice 4 him

yea, i will to if that happens.

SteelCityMan786
03-18-2008, 09:19 PM

If he goes to Penn State, I'll be in jubilation

If he goes to Ohio State, I wouldn't be stunned

If he goes to Michigan, I'll be shocked.

If he goes to Oregon, I'll be laughing

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 09:49 PM
haha so lets just say he goes to Pitt .... lol jk

SteelCityMan786
03-18-2008, 10:18 PM
haha so lets just say he goes to Pitt .... lol jk

I would shit my pants if that happened.

revefsreleets
03-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Of course he picked OSU. And why not? Tressel will build an offense around him, and they'll continue to play high profile games, and win at least one championship while this kid is there. Tress will be a good mentor for him, too.

A happy day for the Buckeye nation.

Dino 6 Rings
03-19-2008, 12:06 PM
His Quote about PSU...

"I just don't like the place"

:sofunny:

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
I would shit my pants if that happened.

We will have our own unique reactions... none i am sure like yours.. lol :thumbsup:

Dylan
03-19-2008, 01:32 PM
anyone see that pryors dad was covering his ohio state t-shirt during the interview... that was funny...showed how much he really wanted his son to go to penn state

Dylan
03-19-2008, 01:32 PM
His Quote about PSU...

"I just don't like the place"

:sofunny:

i know that was horrible, what kind of reasoning is that

SteelCityMan786
03-19-2008, 05:25 PM
i know that was horrible, what kind of reasoning is that

The only reason he didn't want to go to Penn State because there was no guarantee Bradley was going to be head coach.

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 05:46 PM
The only reason he didn't want to go to Penn State because there was no guarantee Bradley was going to be head coach.

ehh weird reasoning

revefsreleets
03-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Really? Is that what you guys are telling yourselves after this?

The kid was headed to OSU the whole way. Want to know why?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=787778

"Jim Tressel has never had a heavy-handed recruiting style and often urges recruits to look around just to be 100 percent sure that they want to be a Buckeye," BuckeyeGrove.com editor Kevin Noon said.

"Because of that, there have been very few cases of players backing out on an Ohio State commitment. That style of recruiting, while nerve-racking for Ohio State fans, has created a sense of ease among the players that Ohio State targets.

Ohio State's offense might have a slightly different look when Pryor takes the reigns.
"While the Buckeyes never wavered about their desire to land Pryor, there never has been a sense of panic or desperation in trying to get the nation's No. 1 recruit to get things over with. Ultimately, that patience had to help the Buckeyes while Terrelle was trying to make his big decision."

OSU does it right. They handpick a few players every year, and make their case. They demonstrate that playing at OSU is a very special thing, especially to kids from Ohio. Very few kids turn down the Buckeyes. Tressel has actually cemented this process and mastered it. Again, bash and bang away, but respect the man and the program. The Buckeyes have earned at least that much.

lilyoder6
03-19-2008, 07:20 PM
now i am going to laugh when pryor gets his chance and he sucks horribley.. i mean with all this attention on him about where he was going... he better perfrom sinc the expectations are high 4 him

SteelCityMan786
03-19-2008, 08:37 PM
now i am going to laugh when pryor gets his chance and he sucks horribley.. i mean with all this attention on him about where he was going... he better perfrom sinc the expectations are high 4 him

Not to mention in high school he played against mostly AA Schools. I never remember hearing Jeanette ever playing against a AAA or even a AAAA often. Also, remember what happend when we picked up our last big name QB recruit? Morelli proved to be a flop. Who says it won't happen to Pryor? He hasn't even played a down of College Football yet.

Rhee Rhee
03-20-2008, 12:28 AM
lol i cannot believe that he actually went to OSU... i figured that the SI guy was wrong but wow...

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 12:36 AM
lol i cannot believe that he actually went to OSU... i figured that the SI guy was wrong but wow...

well they usualy are lol

revefsreleets
03-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Now that he didn't go to PSU, his talent is being called into question?

lilyoder6
03-20-2008, 09:41 AM
no... all i am saying is that i am going to laugh if he doesn't produce.. i mean he has gotten all this attention about where he was declaring just put more expectations from him.. i would be saying this if he went to psu.. so i think u might need to read posts and differ out when i say if he doesn't produce and when i don't say he sucks..

SteelCityMan786
03-20-2008, 10:36 AM

Rev, we thought Morelli was going to be a top notch QB, but then he flopped.

Who says it won't happen to Pryor?

The good thing for him, is that he played in the toughest District in the PIAA during his high school carrier in Class AA. HOWEVER, he has not had much experience against the AAA & AAAA levels of the state. Another thing good for him, is that Todd B. has played a full season and will be able to be a bit of mentor to him.

Jeremy
03-20-2008, 11:38 AM

This post is one of the reasons I can't stand Penn State and their fans.

revefsreleets
03-20-2008, 05:05 PM
I'd say that he had a small chance of perhaps underperforming had he been thrust into the starting role in a top collegiate program. It now looks like that won't be the case. I like the scenario in which he takes over the "Tim Tebow type role". I wonder if Henton will transfer now?

lilyoder6
03-21-2008, 09:27 AM
and then there are dumb ass ppl like u jeremy who post w/o thinking.. i think u can ask anyone about pryor and if he does not perform ppl will laugh b/c of all the hype..

SteelCityMan786
03-21-2008, 10:26 AM
I'd say that he had a small chance of perhaps underperforming had he been thrust into the starting role in a top collegiate program. It now looks like that won't be the case. I like the scenario in which he takes over the "Tim Tebow type role". I wonder if Henton will transfer now?

We'd gladly take Henton here at Penn State if he's good. :sofunny:

19ward86
03-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! So, how many National Championchips will we win???

Lord Stiller
03-21-2008, 10:56 AM

not his talent, his personality and attitude

dude is a headcase, showoff type. the only thing that can stop Pryor from being great is himself

SteelCityMan786
03-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! So, how many National Championchips will we win???

How many national championships did Ohio State win in the last 2 years? :sofunny:

millwalldavey
03-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Breaks my heart, but he made the right call... he has a better future there than anywhere else...

So... situational his first year? Maybe (GOD I HOPE NOT) some time @ WR?

millwalldavey
03-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Funny it seems all the PSU fans hate him now.. they never had a chance.

SteelCityMan786
03-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Funny it seems all the PSU fans hate him now.. they never had a chance.

Actually, Penn State did. Why else did he hold off in the first place. He said he needed more time to investigate. Can I blame him for doing so? No I can't.

revefsreleets
03-21-2008, 06:39 PM
not his talent, his personality and attitude

dude is a headcase, showoff type. the only thing that can stop Pryor from being great is himself

Your bitterness is obvious and sad.

Stop. Listen. Learn.

Pryor brushed off local talk show criticism about his image stemming from his non-announcement last month, and a scuffle earlier this month between some Jeannette players and another team after a recent state playoff game.
"I'm not worried about none of that," Pryor said. "I think the football field will speak for itself. I mean, that's why you are here, right? Whether I was a bad kid or not, you are still here."
Pryor said he doesn't seek attention. "Ask my teammates, ask anybody around here. That's not how I am. I don't like being in the spotlight at all. I didn't ask to be No. 1 in the country."

Stlrs4Life
03-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Not to mention in high school he played against mostly AA Schools. I never remember hearing Jeanette ever playing against a AAA or even a AAAA often. Also, remember what happend when we picked up our last big name QB recruit? Morelli proved to be a flop. Who says it won't happen to Pryor? He hasn't even played a down of College Football yet.

Well, in there defense, Jeannnette is a single "A" school that plays up in AA. My highschool played against them the past 2 seasons in the Quarter finals and got bweat both times. Each time we made it there we were beaten by Palko, and then Pryor twice!

19ward86
03-21-2008, 09:09 PM
OSU went to 2 championship games in the last 2 yrs,whether they won or not does not completely denounce the fact that they were good enough to go. The bills 4 straight superbowl appearances are still looked upon by many because it is so hard to go to once none the less 4 times in a row.

SteelCityMan786
03-21-2008, 09:19 PM
OSU went to 2 championship games in the last 2 yrs,whether they won or not does not completely denounce the fact that they were good enough to go. The bills 4 straight superbowl appearances are still looked upon by many because it is so hard to go to once none the less 4 times in a row.

People only care if you rack up the titles. Though Ohio State's last title is more recent then PSU, Penn State hasn't lost a game that sealed them the national championship in program history. (1982 & 1986)

Jeremy
03-22-2008, 11:16 AM

None......you still have an ultra conservative head coach who plays not to lose. No quarterback will ever change that.

millwalldavey
03-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Actually, Penn State did. Why else did he hold off in the first place. He said he needed more time to investigate. Can I blame him for doing so? No I can't.

No I cannot blame him for investigating. In fact I think it was a really mature decision he made when he changed his mind on signing day eve. I think it showed that he does have a lot of respect for the other schools, even though it was likely OSU all the time.

I don't really know how good of a chance they had. He did not sound interested at all. But I guess if you're mentioed, there is some kind of hope! LOL... I had it up until noon on Weds. as well!

All the PSU fans i see and hear around these parts who were excited because they thought he was coming don't seem to like the kid anymore... even though we didn't see much of him around here (thankfully we have FSN PGH). I even see some slamming on the message boards. Truth be told as a michigan fan I'm not happy, but I still hope the kid does good. I'm sure the woverine boards are full of the slams as well.

revefsreleets
03-22-2008, 02:32 PM
No I cannot blame him for investigating. In fact I think it was a really mature decision he made when he changed his mind on signing day eve. I think it showed that he does have a lot of respect for the other schools, even though it was likely OSU all the time.

I don't really know how good of a chance they had. He did not sound interested at all. But I guess if you're mentioed, there is some kind of hope! LOL... I had it up until noon on Weds. as well!

All the PSU fans i see and hear around these parts who were excited because they thought he was coming don't seem to like the kid anymore... even though we didn't see much of him around here (thankfully we have FSN PGH). I even see some slamming on the message boards. Truth be told as a michigan fan I'm not happy, but I still hope the kid does good. I'm sure the woverine boards are full of the slams as well.

Thank you! It's such obvious and over-the-top sour grapes and it's disturbing to see...he was so great and everyone was excited as Hell and now that he called PSU "too country" (which was knuckleheaded, but the kid is 18, so...) he's persona non grata? Ridiculous.

Also, addressing the typical jackassery from Sybil, Tressel plays to win when it suits, and plays not lose when that is more apropos. See the Michigan game in 2006. That was a wide-open offense that laid 42 on the Wolverines. 2001 was a different story...Krenzel (as Boeckman is) was a QB who can only be trusted to manage a game, not take one over.

SteelCityMan786
03-22-2008, 11:31 PM

We made our case to keep this kid in state. But hey, it's his choice. Michigan probably is blasting him.

millwalldavey
03-24-2008, 06:31 PM
We made our case to keep this kid in state. But hey, it's his choice. Michigan probably is blasting him.

I'm sure i'll curse him several times over the next four years!

Still... good for him... right choice

lilyoder6
03-24-2008, 08:53 PM
i can't beleive this kid is getting talked about more than the draft and nfl players on the move.. he is just a kid.... it's not like i'm losing sleep over him not going to psu. he might be a good qb 4 the buckeyes but they will still not win a championship in the near future..

and this past season to where o state went to the bcs was b/c it was a crazy yr with teams losing and winning.. i mean damn.. KU was ranked 2nd in the nation.. i mean shit.. football is crazy

Dylan
03-24-2008, 08:57 PM
its okay Pryor went to OSU now PSU can go out and get Kevin Newsome

revefsreleets
03-25-2008, 08:42 AM
i can't beleive this kid is getting talked about more than the draft and nfl players on the move.. he is just a kid.... it's not like i'm losing sleep over him not going to psu. he might be a good qb 4 the buckeyes but they will still not win a championship in the near future..

and this past season to where o state went to the bcs was b/c it was a crazy yr with teams losing and winning.. i mean damn.. KU was ranked 2nd in the nation.. i mean shit.. football is crazy

The beauty of message boards is that predictions are forever, my friend.

SteelCityMan786
03-25-2008, 04:25 PM
its okay Pryor went to OSU now PSU can go out and get Kevin Newsome

This time we don't have to fight OSU to get this kind of a QB!

millwalldavey
03-25-2008, 07:03 PM
This time we don't have to fight OSU to get this kind of a QB!

No, probably VaTech. All signs point to that being his destination, but anything can happen in 12 months i guess.

I just cannot see any QB's of this type or (percieved) quality going to PSU. If you play D, it's the ticket, mind you, but I just cannot see it.

Barring any major overhauls of the staff...

SteelCityMan786
03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
No, probably VaTech. All signs point to that being his destination, but anything can happen in 12 months i guess.

I just cannot see any QB's of this type or (percieved) quality going to PSU. If you play D, it's the ticket, mind you, but I just cannot see it.

Barring any major overhauls of the staff...

Who says this isn't it for Joe?

millwalldavey
03-25-2008, 09:07 PM
My father-in-law is a PSU nut and hears that there is supposedly some type of meeting this week which may well determine his fate... rumor is that there may be a MAJOR housecleaning in the works in the next year or two... meaning any potentioal replacements rumored to take over at PSU (Jay, whomever else we have been hearing for the last few years) will not even be there to take over...

LOL.. a former employer of mine once took me to a dinner where there were a good many PSU boosters in attendance. One of them told me that one time (about 2002/3ish) he personally went to Joes door with a few others to let him know that he was out. Joes reply? "GET THE HELL OFF OF MY PORCH!"