PDA

View Full Version : Still whining about SB XL

steelergirl07
02-05-2008, 01:38 AM
When I'm bored, I like to go to the Seahawks board. And it seems like every other thread, they mention the SB, and how they got cheated. Thought I'd share this little nugget.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=114#s=114&f=1938&t=1957680

I just want to beat them with something, but then I realize these are probably people that didn't even know there was a football team in Seattle till 2005.

Kittyfish
02-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Well, I have to admit I'd probably still be - maybe not whining, but still resentful - if we had lost the Colts playoff game because of Troy's wrongfully overturned interception. I mean, that would have sewn up the game and instead the Colts got a TD and were right back in it. It was pure luck that Vanderjakt's FG was wide - they could have easily tied the game and then, who knows what might have happened? And we would still be trying for our 5th SB win and Eli would be the first of his draft class to get a ring etc etc. It was even stated officially later that Troy's interception should have been upheld, but that would have been a small comfort if we had lost the game. So I can sort of understand about stewing over past events, bad calls, playing the "what if" game, etc. People still debate the finer points of SBs played decades ago.

I can see how they would still be upset - they had TDs overturned and some bad luck and that was their first SB appearance and who knows when they'll get another chance? And to be honest, that really wasn't our finest appearance. That said, bad calls didn't make them miss all those FG opportunities, we had some bad calls too and you have to overcome. As we did, and all teams do.

At least it gives them something to talk about...

fansince'76
02-05-2008, 10:45 AM
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2008, 11:05 AM
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

...and dont forget....:coffee:

Kittyfish
02-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Just curious - are you guys yawning and coffee drinking at me? If my post doesn't belong here or is inappropiate or something, I'll be happy to delete it. I was just trying to offer an alternative view.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Just curious - are you guys yawning and coffee drinking at me? If my post doesn't belong here or is inappropiate or something, I'll be happy to delete it. I was just trying to offer an alternative view.

NEVER!!!!!

Yawning at the Seahawks fans...sorry for the confusion!!!

Kittyfish
02-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Hee. Thanks, LLT - I feel better now. I'm pretty new here and a relatively uninformed fan and still feeling my way around here. Yes, I can certainly understand yawning at the Seahawks! Thank you for easing my mind - I was worried I was coming across as a bad fan or something.

lilyoder6
02-05-2008, 11:22 AM
didn't we beat the seahawks this past season?? that should of put to rest the damn SB..

steelergirl07
02-05-2008, 11:28 AM
didn't we beat the seahawks this past season?? that should of put to rest the damn SB..

That game didn't happen to them:dang:.

PisnNapalm
02-05-2008, 11:28 AM

Shut them out too didn't we? :tt02:

fansince'76
02-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Just curious - are you guys yawning and coffee drinking at me?

Nope, it's directed at the Seasquawks fans' bitching, moaning and complaining. It's beyond old.

Galax Steeler
02-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Nope, it's directed at the Seasquawks fans' bitching, moaning and complaining. It's beyond old.

who cares let them bitch whine and cry we won they didn't.:flap:

Buzz05
02-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Jealousy is a powerful thing...I guess living in a place is rains 90% of the time will give it to a person.

SteelCityMan786
02-11-2008, 08:50 AM
What else is new? More the same bitching and everything. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

memphissteelergirl
02-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Pathetic

Boring :yawn:

Sad

Dumb

Need I go here?

Buzz05
02-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Pathetic

Boring :yawn:

Sad

Dumb

Need I go here?

no. i think u about summed it up.

Stu Pidasso
02-11-2008, 08:42 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/StuPidasso2/sea-crocks.jpg

Stu Pidasso
02-11-2008, 08:44 PM
http://www.nosnivelling.com/uploaded_images/Seattle%20Whine-736972.jpg

lilyoder6
02-11-2008, 09:45 PM
i'm lovin the wine bottle, i'm guessing that boston will be coming out with a new flavor this yr as well..

SteelCityMan786
02-11-2008, 10:18 PM
i'm lovin the wine bottle, i'm guessing that boston will be coming out with a new flavor this yr as well..

They're calling it Bawlin.

Elvis
02-14-2008, 02:19 PM
:champs::violin::celebrate
TIME
SUPER BOWL
CHAMPS
WE ARE THE
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
WHETHER YOU LIKE IT
OR NOT!!

steel striker
02-17-2008, 08:55 AM
The bottom line is we made more plays than the sea hags did that game. I will say that we got a couple of calls but, it happens in just about everygame. Like it mentioned above we got a few bad calls against us in the colts playoof game as well and, we over came that to win the game. During that game Randell El during a deep pass play was tackled before the ball was near hinm and, there was no call for pass interference. So I say the sea hags still had plenty of chances to win that game but, simply they could not do it.
I mean if you want to complain about bad calls look no further than the 2001 raider vs cheaters the infamious tuck call! That was the worst call in NFL history if you ask me. So the debate rages on and, in every game there are questionable calls take this years jags vs steelers wc I'm still looking for the holding call on the 2 point conversion. Also you can't tell me that there was not holding on the 31 yards qb draw for the jags Gerard. It does not matter now because it is history now.

The Duke
02-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Also you can't tell me that there was not holding on the 31 yards qb draw for the jags Gerard. It does not matter now because it is history now.

and that my friend is the difference between us steelers fans and seahawks fans :tt02:

we saw it happened, we discussed it, we were kinda mad about it, but that's it, life goes on. seahawks fans want to spend the rest of their lies complaining about 1 game their team blew many chances to win

it's time for them to move on

Dino 6 Rings
02-19-2008, 12:52 PM

not beat them, smashed in their heads and shut them out. They aren't a better team than the Steelers and if Ben didn't have his 2nd worst game up til that game in his carreer we'd have won bigger. We were on short armed pass to a wide open Wilson away from taking a 21-3 lead.

Steel Buckeye
03-01-2008, 01:52 AM
The Seahawks didn't play well enough to win. They penalized themselves out of a touchdown. They got busted holding in the red zone and their QB threw an interception on the next play. Their clock management was terrible. MVP Shawn Alexander failed to make an impact. The Seahawks have no one but themselves to blame.