PDA

View Full Version : Patriot fans can dish it out but......................

Ricco Suavez
02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Trolled some forum boards of the Patriots soaking up some of their grief, and came across a thread were the mods were closing new members because of all the trolls. Record numbers of new members applying.. Anyone find this the least bit humorous.

Atlanta Dan
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Not surprised at all about the Pats board shutting down entry = rabid animals skulk away for a place to hide and die in private

Pats fans simply may be shocked at how hated their team is - fans love an underdog but i cannot recall any victory where the public is not only happy the underdog won (Tom Coughlin = the peoples's choice:jawdrop:) but so delighted the arrogant favorite lost - even Mike Tyson was more popular than this when he lost to Buster Douglas

fansince'76
02-05-2008, 09:15 PM
They deserve every bit of it too - one board is actually having a poll as to whether they should "chase perfection" again next year, like they think the damn team is still unbeatable:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=77264

Yes, they deserve EVERY BIT of the flak they're getting.

Borski
02-05-2008, 10:30 PM
They deserve every bit of it too - one board is actually having a poll as to whether they should "chase perfection" again next year, like they think the damn team is still unbeatable:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=77264

Yes, they deserve EVERY BIT of the flak they're getting.

They sure do desreve it all.

PS ---
slightly off topic but reading the suffering in the super bowl gameday thread from www.patsfans.com was awesome :cheers:

Galax Steeler
02-06-2008, 04:03 AM
I think it is funny they deserve everything they are getting I wonder how many of them are bandwagon jumpers.

Steel Duck
02-06-2008, 10:55 AM
I just joined two Patriot boards...made one post on each and was banned immediately.....JUST for stating an opinion....sheesh HAHAHA

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm on the their board...Dino 5 Rings...went on being polite, and told them I felt their pain...cause after all folks...we do

2 AFC title losses to the Pats
1 SB loss to the Boys
1 AFC title loss to the Broncos
1 AFC title loss to the chargers

we can totally relate...

they are eating some humble pie on their right now...its kind of enjoyable seeing them come back to earth more and more each day.

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Now I'm going to spend 8 months talking to them and keeping them on the earth.

I told that guy who came here, if they lost, I was going to be on their board for 8 months...they are getting it...every day.

PalmerSteel
02-06-2008, 11:36 AM
i find it humerious that new england thinks they actually have many true patriot fans. its just something killing their time until the red sox start. they just have happened to be winning a lot the last 7 years so all of a sudden they are all "fans". witness it first hand here many times in the last decade being in colts country with the colts. you could buy a colts game at half price any time a decade ago.

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2008, 12:37 PM
How many Niners fans are around now? About as many Pats fans there will be once Tom B retires and Bill Bellichoke retires...

bratsinmybelly
02-06-2008, 10:03 PM
How many Niners fans are around now? About as many Pats fans there will be once Tom B retires and Bill Bellichoke retires...

Amen to that!!

lilyoder6
02-06-2008, 10:06 PM
thats true.. the pats would go away like they did... oh well..

OX1947
02-07-2008, 04:25 AM
I'm on the their board...Dino 5 Rings...went on being polite, and told them I felt their pain...cause after all folks...we do

2 AFC title losses to the Pats
1 SB loss to the Boys
1 AFC title loss to the Broncos
1 AFC title loss to the chargers

we can totally relate...

they are eating some humble pie on their right now...its kind of enjoyable seeing them come back to earth more and more each day.

True, but losing after going 18-0 is worse then all those loses put together in my opinion. If you gave me a choice to win 1 super bowl and be 19-0, I would take it and want to lose those games you wrote. Unless we won all 5 of the Super Bowls those years, then maybe I might consider it because then the Steelers would have 11 Lombardi Trophies and thats damn tempting....

SCSTILLER
02-08-2008, 01:18 PM
I get into it sometimes with a few friends who are so called Pats "fans"! I came up with a good question to test them, "Who was the QB before Drew Bledsoe?" Out of all the pats fans I have asked that question, only one was able to name the QB. Then, one of my friends said "name the Steelers QB before Kordell, and I went all the way back to Terry Hanratty." I feel it is a good gauge to see how good of fans they actually are!

Dino 6 Rings
02-08-2008, 04:19 PM
True, but losing after going 18-0 is worse then all those loses put together in my opinion. If you gave me a choice to win 1 super bowl and be 19-0, I would take it and want to lose those games you wrote. Unless we won all 5 of the Super Bowls those years, then maybe I might consider it because then the Steelers would have 11 Lombardi Trophies and thats damn tempting....

I'd take 11 Rings over 1 undefeated season every single time.

But then again...I only have 10 places for rings...I'd have to put one on my toe or something...or start doubling up...11 rings...wow...that would be the best BLING of all time...

Galax Steeler
02-09-2008, 05:46 AM
I wonder how many of them would have even known the QB before Brady* if you wouldn't have already given them the answer! :toofunny:

That would probably be 0.:sofunny:

dragtruk
02-09-2008, 12:17 PM
All year long I had to listen to these subway jerk-offs claim the team to be the "best ever in the NFL." They sat there and cited how easy the the '72 Dolphins schedule was.:banging: Well how frickin' hard is it to play Miami, the Jets, and the Bills twice this season?
The fans tried to put that embarrassment of a super bowl behind them as quickly as possible. Even the radio bigmouths who were talking sh*t all season, and calling stations in other cities to talk sh*t, refused to discuss the loss. "We're not taking any calls on the super bowl." You guys are Fing pussies-New England.
The best part of it all was that when the Pats were winning, it was- "WE're undefeated.", "WE're the best team ever.", "WE're going 19-0 with 4 rings." But as soon as the team lost it was, "THOSE guys blew it.", "THEY sucked in the Super Bowl.", "THEY'RE an embarrassment." , "THEY lost to New York." What happened to WE mother F-ers? :sofunny:
But I upheld the solidarity by telling them, "YOU guys blew it.", "YOU guys aren't undefeated.", "YOU guys are an embarrassment.", "YOU guys lost to New York."
I was just trying to help out and bring them together.:thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
02-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I want to see all those "Humble Pie" interviews with Patriots players that we were subjected to during the regular season. You know, where they would say "Oh yeah, we are staying humble" and have those dang smirks on their faces like the rich kids did in 80s movies about troubled Teens. Wanted my team to smack those "humble pie" smirks write off their faces, but we failed to do it. Now, in retrospect, I can't think of a better way to become HUMBLE for real than going 18-1 and losing the Super Bowl. Now they have no option but to understand the word Humble.

stlrtruck
02-19-2008, 01:08 PM
hum?ble /ˈhʌmbəl, ˈʌm-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[huhm-buhl, uhm-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -bler, -blest, verb, -bled, -bling.
–adjective 1. not proud or arrogant; modest: to be humble although successful.
2. having a feeling of insignificance, inferiority, subservience, etc.: In the presence of so many world-famous writers I felt very humble.
3. low in rank, importance, status, quality, etc.; lowly: of humble origin; a humble home.
4. courteously respectful: In my humble opinion you are wrong.
5. low in height, level, etc.; small in size: a humble member of the galaxy.
–verb (used with object) 6. to lower in condition, importance, or dignity; abase.
7. to destroy the independence, power, or will of.
8. to make meek: to humble one's heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1200–50; ME (h)umble < OF < L humilis lowly, insignificant, on the ground. See humus, -ile]

—Related forms
hum?ble?ness, noun
humbler, noun
hum?bling?ly, adverb
humbly, adverb

—Synonyms 1. unpretending, unpretentious. 2. submissive, meek. 3. unassuming, plain, common, poor. 4. polite. 6. mortify, shame, abash. 7. subdue, crush, break. Humble, degrade, humiliate suggest lowering or causing to seem lower. To humble is to bring down the pride of another or to reduce him or her to a state of abasement: to humble an arrogant enemy. To degrade is to demote in rank or standing, or to reduce to a low level in dignity: to degrade an officer; to degrade oneself by lying. To humiliate is to make others feel or appear inadequate or unworthy, esp. in some public setting: to humiliate a sensitive person.
—Antonyms 1, 2. proud. 3. noble, exalted. 4. rude, insolent. 6. elevate. 8. exalt.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, ? Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This hum?ble (hŭm'bəl) Pronunciation Key
adj. hum?bler, hum?blest

Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
Showing deferential or submissive respect: a humble apology.
Low in rank, quality, or station; unpretentious or lowly: a humble cottage.

tr.v. hum?bled, hum?bling, hum?bles

To curtail or destroy the pride of; humiliate.
To cause to be meek or modest in spirit.
To give a lower condition or station to; abase. See Synonyms at degrade.

[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin humilis, low, lowly, from humus, ground; see dhghem- in Indo-European roots.]

hum'ble?ness n., hum'bler n., hum'bly adv.

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage? Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright ? 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Online Etymology Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
humble (adj.)

c.1250, from O.Fr. humble, earlier humele, from L. humilis "lowly, humble," lit. "on the ground," from humus "earth." Senses of "not self-asserting" and "of low birth or rank" were both in M.E. The verb is c.1380 in the intrans. sense of "to render oneself humble;" 1484 in the trans. sense of "to lower (someone) in dignity."
"Don't be so humble; you're not that great." [Golda Meir]
To eat humble pie (1830) is from umble pie (1648), pie made from umbles "edible inner parts of an animal" (especially deer), considered a low-class food. The similar sense of similar-sounding words (the "h" of humble was not pronounced then) converged in the pun. Umbles, meanwhile, is M.E. numbles "offal" (with loss of n- through assimilation into preceding article), from O.Fr. nombles "loin, fillet," from L. lumulus, dim. of lumbus "loin."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Humble

The first bolded section reminds me of what the Giants did to the patriots
The second is what the patriots are eating, even to this day