PDA

View Full Version : joey porter pushed down t. heap

tony hipchest
10-26-2005, 07:17 PM
and ravenfans tried blaming his pre existing injury on the steelers ever since. :blah: :grin:

AvoidLLoyd95
10-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Just a playful tap to let him know how much he cared and was concerned that he may be hurt more if Troy busted his ass!

SteelR1
10-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Are you referring to that play a long time ago where a Ratbirds offensive player lined up right after he was hurt but it was late in the game and then they snapped the ball and a Steeler defensive player pushed him over hurt and all...

Holy long sentence Batman!!!!!!!!!!!

If that is what you are talking about I remember the play just never realized it was Heap and Porter!!

AvoidLLoyd95
10-26-2005, 07:36 PM
That is the one.

tony hipchest
10-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Are you referring to that play a long time ago where a Ratbirds offensive player lined up right after he was hurt but it was late in the game and then they snapped the ball and a Steeler defensive player pushed him over hurt and all...

Holy long sentence Batman!!!!!!!!!!!

If that is what you are talking about I remember the play just never realized it was Heap and Porter!!
it was the 1st game last year and i think the ravens were running down the clock or kneeling but they left heap in their hurt. joey porter is great! totally legal move. what a classy guy too! :grin: @ all the people who hate him

SteelR1
10-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Wow, last year. Seemed forever ago. I remember Porter just pushed him over, didn't slaughter Heap, just put him on his ass so he was a factor!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
10-27-2005, 10:38 AM
People have feigned injury to end up wide open and get a huge catch.J. Peezy was just making sure that didn't happen.

With all the cheap shot artists on the Ratbirds,it's really hypocritical for them and thier fans to call Porter a cheap shot artist.If your injured,get the hell off of the field,otherwise pay the consequences.

Iron City Hangover
10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
The Niners of the 80's and 90's wrote the book on cheap shots. The old Oakland Raiders I will admit did a lion's share of them too but they didn't play themselves off as pretty-boys like the Niners. The chop block was a regular treat that the Niners gave the league. I lost a ton of respect for them for it.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2005, 04:16 PM
I was there at that game..in the end zone behind where that incident happened.. Damn the stadium went nuts !! And joey was trash talking the whole time.. I loved it !!!! :cheers:

tony hipchest
10-27-2005, 04:42 PM
how bout when porter was gonna kick ray lewis's ass? met him out at the team bus. i can see him now hobbling around with a bullet wound in his butt threatenning to put a whoopin on one of the "fiercest" guys in the nfl! hilarious.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Porter fears no man... and it doesnt hurt that he and Ray Ray have such a nice history together :rofl:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2005, 11:30 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_388579.html

Could linebacker Joey Porter be the most hated participant in the Steelers-Ravens rivalry, which celebrates its 10-year anniversary on Monday night at Heinz Field?
Ravens faithful would answer with a thundering YES!

Porter became Public Enemy No. 1 in Baltimore the moment he shoved injured Ravens tight end Todd Heap at the end of the first half of a 30-13 loss in Baltimore last season, the Steelers' lone defeat en route to a 15-1 record.

After the incident, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who will miss Monday's game with a thigh injury, said he'd pray for Porter. Lewis' teammate, cornerback Chris McAlister, was more effusive.

"Porter is a (expletive)," McAlister said. "That's the bottom line. There's no reason for anyone to take a cheap shot like that."

Lewis added, "It just shows what type of character that guy has."

On Thursday, Porter said he's never thrown a cheap shot during his seven-year participation in the rivalry, though he's been witness to more than his fair share.

"They over-hype mine; I never did anything out of the ordinary," he said. "But you never know what's going to happen on Halloween."

Heap said yesterday, "It's nothing I'm going to be thinking about on Monday. It's a rivalry, it's not about me and Joey Porter. It's about our 11 guys beating their 11 guys."

Ravens coach Brian Billick, who is Public Enemy No. 1 to some Steelers followers, also weighed in on the Porter push via teleconference.

"That was unfortunate," said Billick, whose team is 2-4 and two games behind the second-place Steelers in the AFC North. "Things like that happen. But we addressed that the next time we played them. Certainly, it impacted our season to a degree because we lost Todd Heap for 10 games (and did not make the playoffs). I don't know if that has lingered any more than any other passionate circumstances that we've found ourselves in with these two teams over the last six years."

RoethlisBURGHer
10-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Billick: "But we addressed that the next time we played them"

Yeah,by putting a cheap shot on Ben.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-29-2005, 10:41 PM
i hope Porter comes out to play this week. im not sure he did anything last week did he?
This is a big game monday night
The W is going to be very important

Koopa
10-30-2005, 12:27 AM
ray lewis is an idiot, didn't he kill someone and get off the hook? talking about cheap shots what a ...........

AvoidLLoyd95
10-30-2005, 06:29 AM
i hope Porter comes out to play this week. im not sure he did anything last week did he?
This is a big game monday night
The W is going to be very important
Actually, I heard the league gave him credit for three tackles because the Cincy guys didn't credit him for them. But after the game the stat guy said that he thought they did a better job than the Steelers stat guys would have. :grin:

clevestinks
10-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Its football, Heap ought to be a man, and get over it. If not try a non contact sport

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2005, 09:02 AM
ITs gonna be an ugly, smashmouth, kick ass, take no prisoners game..its always that way against the ratbirds, and Joey is the ring leader !!!

Prosdo
10-30-2005, 03:52 PM
ITs gonna be an ugly, smashmouth, kick ass, take no prisoners game..its always that way against the ratbirds, and Joey is the ring leader !!!

Should be a great game. The games with the heated rivalries are the best games.