PDA

View Full Version : Patriots: "Better a diamond with a flaw..."

Mosca
02-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Patriots: 'Better A Diamond With A Flaw Than A Pebble Without'

PHOENIX?The self-reflective New England Patriots issued a brief but enlightening statement concerning their nearly perfect season Monday, claiming that it is better to be a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without, and that greatness is measured not in successes but in failures. "What is perfection without fault? Nothing. How can one be perfect without the knowledge and experience that comes with failure? One cannot," the statement read in part. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. So basically, we won." The Patriots added that it is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.

The Onion (http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/patriots_better_a_diamond)

klick81
02-08-2008, 10:49 AM
LOL..."So basically, we won". The onion > Patriots.

revefsreleets
02-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I think I have yet another tear in my eye...BRILLIANT!

Stlr4ever
02-09-2008, 10:09 PM

PHOENIX?The self-reflective New England Patriots issued a brief but enlightening statement concerning their nearly perfect season Monday, claiming that it is better to be a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without, and that greatness is measured not in successes but in failures. "What is perfection without fault? Nothing. How can one be perfect without the knowledge and experience that comes with failure? One cannot," the statement read in part. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. So basically, we won." The Patriots added that it is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.

The Onion (http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/patriots_better_a_diamond)

They thought they would not fall. If not, why would they try to patent 19-0 and The Perfect Season?

RoethlisBURGHer
02-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Pride comes before the fall my friends.

black and gold from birth
02-11-2008, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=Mosca;365018]Patriots: 'Better A Diamond With A Flaw Than A Pebble Without'

IMHO sounds like the ramblings of someone with a short-circuited brain.......:blah:

Newzfoxjr
02-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Let's all go do yoga and reflect on our inner selves.

Counselor
02-12-2008, 09:55 AM

You gotta love the Onion. :toofunny:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
02-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Is that what's called sugar coating reality. Fortunately for us we will always see them with the big ole's "L" for LOSER attached to their forehead.

Tankus_Maximus
02-12-2008, 10:07 PM
The Tank says...the Pats* & LITP can eat my s h!t!!

How's that for some zen & enlightenment, Nigel?

steelwall
02-13-2008, 01:15 AM
What a great way of saying "We blew it"

sherlock
02-13-2008, 02:29 AM
I don`t like knocking people when they`re down but......
that`s the biggest crapola I`ve read for sometime!

Aussie_steeler
02-13-2008, 04:54 AM
The Tank says...the Pats* & LITP can eat my s h!t!!

How's that for some zen & enlightenment, Nigel?

We all dont have to be sherlock holmes to work out how you really feel about the Pats do we now tank.

Tankus_Maximus
02-13-2008, 08:41 AM
We all dont have to be sherlock holmes to work out how you really feel about the Pats do we now tank.

Nah, I kinda wear my feelings on my sleeve.

CantStop85
02-13-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't know what's funnier...the article itself or the fact that half the people who read it don't realize that it's satire.

Tankus_Maximus
02-14-2008, 09:25 AM
I don't know what's funnier...the article itself or the fact that half the people who read it don't realize that it's satire.

That's because you're from Kentucky AND a Bungles fan.

That's 2 strikes against you in the I.Q. department!