PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NFL Draft Quarterback Rankings

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2008, 09:47 AM
2008 NFL Draft Quarterback Rankings
Rivals.com

This is an above-average class with good upside if the young passers continue to develop.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POSITION GRADE B+
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several top prospects, including seniors Matt Ryan, Brian Brohm and Andre' Woodson, chould be first-round selections. Ryan and Brohm will likely be taken in the top 10.

Passers like Chad Henne and John David Booty look to impress during the postseason in order to climb into the first two rounds.

Delaware's Joe Flacco is an interesting small-college prospect. He made strides this fall, and could make this a special group - especially if he impresses at the NFL Combine.

Quarterback Rankings

1. Matt Ryan, Boston College, 6-5, 225
This strong-armed senior looks to hold on to his No. 1 rating with a big week at the NFL Combine.

2. Brian Brohm, Louisville, 6-4, 230
Slick-throwing veteran has the tools to become a fine NFL starter, but he needs a big workout at the Combine to stay in the top of the first round.

3. Andre' Woodson, Kentucky, 6-5, 220
Woodson is an athletic player, and he carried the Wildcats over recent seasons. However, he is slipping in the rankings and needs a strong performance in Indianapolis.

4. Chad Henne, Michigan, 6-2, 233
This talented senior answered questions about his injury-riddled final season with a huge performance at the Senior Bowl.

5. John David Booty, Southern Cal, 6-3, 215
Booty is a savvy player, and he had a strong finish to his 2007 season. Booty completed an impressive week at the Senior Bowl.

6. Joe Flacco, Delaware, 6-6, 235
Flacco is a strong-armed small college passer who scouts have been watching for some time. He was impressive throwing the ball at the Senior Bowl, and has moved up the rankings.

7. Erik Ainge, Tennessee, 6-6, 225
Ainge is a veteran passer with a tall, rangy build. He showed the ability to make big plays late in the Senior Bowl, a trait that earned him raves from scouts.

8. Colt Brennan, Hawaii, 6-2, 200
This record-setting passer came struggled with illness at the Senior Bowl. He left Mobile with major questions, and has yet to shed the "system quarterback" label.

9. Josh Johnson, San Diego, 6-2, 200
Johnson is a talented small-college passer who earned high marks at the East-West Game. He has all the skills necessary to play the position.

10. Alex Brink, Washington State, 6-2, 210
Brink is an underrated prospect who has a live arm. He has good size, and his instincts are very good.

11. Sam Keller, Nebraska, 6-4, 235
Keller is an athletic prospect who was having a strong final season before a shoulder injury ended his college career. He had a decent week – not bad, not outstanding - at the East-West game.

12. Paul Smith, Tulsa, 6-2, 195
Smith didn't play against top-flight competition in college, but he impressed scouts with his well-rounded skills at two all-star games.

13. Anthony Morelli, Penn State, 6-3, 232
14. Kevin O'Connell, San Diego State, 6-6, 225
15. Dennis Dixon, Oregon, 6-3, 205
16. Ricky Santos, New Hampshire, 6-1, 195
17. Kyle Wright, Miami, 6-4, 220
18. Omar Haugabook, Troy, 6-1, 200
19. Matt Flynn, LSU, 6-2, 230
20. Bernard Morris, Marshall, 6-3, 200

MDSteel15
02-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Don't see a need here.

Rhee Rhee
02-11-2008, 03:19 AM
if dennis dixon does choose football over baseball i'd like to see his skillz as an NFL player... perhaps even a steeler if the situation is right...

Elvis
02-14-2008, 03:22 PM
This guy might be a sleeper late around round 7
:helmet:

Rhee Rhee
02-22-2008, 01:25 AM
andre woodson if he falls far enough....

Mosca
02-22-2008, 08:12 AM
This guy might be a sleeper late around round 7
:helmet:

Well, he's 6 positions below Anthony Morelli, and Morelli was barely adequate as a college quarterback. If he's a sleeper, then he's in a coma right now.

CantStop85
02-22-2008, 09:42 AM
andre woodson if he falls far enough....

There's no way Woodson falls further than early 2nd round.

Rhee Rhee
02-22-2008, 09:15 PM
There's no way Woodson falls further than early 2nd round.

never know... that's what people were saying about quinten moses last year... he went all the way to the second day...

PLUS his decision not to do anything during the combine will affect the way teams think of him...

Rhee Rhee
02-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Well, he's 6 positions below Anthony Morelli, and Morelli was barely adequate as a college quarterback. If he's a sleeper, then he's in a coma right now.

LOL

coma...

:sofunny:

Jeremy
02-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Don't see a need here.

The Steelers just signed Jared Zabransky. You bet your ass there's a need here!

SteelCityMan786
02-22-2008, 09:58 PM
The Steelers just signed Jared Zabransky. You bet your ass there's a need here!

Whoever they draft though more then likely will be the no. 3 QB.

Morelli I'm stunned is even that high. Although his O-Line underperformed on occassion at Penn State, he still was no golden boy. Although he didn't do too bad.

Jeremy
02-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Whoever they draft though more then likely will be the no. 3 QB.

Morelli I'm stunned is even that high. Although his O-Line underperformed on occassion at Penn State, he still was no golden boy. Although he didn't do too bad.

With the strong possibility of being #2 in the very near future. Why Steelers fan are so excited over a guy who couldn't make it with the Texans is honestly beyond me.

SteelCityMan786
02-22-2008, 10:16 PM
With the strong possibility of being #2 in the very near future. Why Steelers fan are so excited over a guy who couldn't make it with the Texans is honestly beyond me.

Zabransky I'm going to hold my opinions on him now. He was a good QB at Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl. But as a pro I must hold back for now.

The Duke
02-22-2008, 10:30 PM

Texans, stupid organization, lol :flap:

but seriously, you're right, unless he suddenly shows something incredible in TC the steelers are going to need to get a backup QB for Ben after batch hangs it up

whether or not that will be jared remains to be seen, but I wish him the best of luck in the offseason, if he turns out ok then steelers save themselves a draft pick, if not well they didn't lose anything by trying out this guy

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-23-2008, 06:48 AM

Same arguement could be made about why the Browns would pick up Anderson after he was cut by the Ravens.

MasterOfPuppets
02-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Same arguement could be made about why the Browns would pick up Anderson after he was cut by the Ravens.the same arguement could also be made about why the colts picked up johnny unitas....:coffee:

brsteelers
03-04-2008, 03:00 PM
I think Matt Ryan is a solid prospect. Not convinced on Woodson or Brohm, though. In other words, I wouldn't take many of these guys very high. For teams in desperate need of a starting QB, I would look more later in the draft toward Henne, Flacco, Booty, and Ainge. I think they all have an upside.

I also think Dixon is an interesting possibility for the Steelers if he decides to play.

Dylan
03-05-2008, 08:00 PM
You know Morelli was pretty bad at Penn State, but i think in the NFL with the help of coaches he could develop into a hell of a player