PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NFL Draft Offensive Center Rankings

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2008, 11:49 AM
2008 NFL Draft Offensive Center Rankings
Rivals.com

This year's center group is a marginal class with no top-100 draft selection at this point.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POSITION GRADE D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve Justice may be the first player selected at this position. We expect him to have an impressive workout at the NFL Combine.
There could be at least four NFL starters - in time - from this average group.

This class should see at least five prospects selected over the seven-round draft.

Offensive Center Rankings

1. Steve Justice, 6-3, 285, Wake Forest
Justice is a savvy player who has graded out high against NFL-caliber linemen. He looks to improve his overall draft position with a strong NFL Combine performance.

2. John Sullivan, 6-4, 300, Notre Dame
This rugged Notre Dame product combines the physical skills and sound technique to rank among the best at this position.

3. Kory Lichtensteiger, 6-2, 310, Bowling Green
Lochtensteiger is a strong player who has been a stalwart performer in the MAC. He has displayed a good combination of power, agility and technique on the inside.

4. Cody Wallace, 6-4, 295, Texas A&M
Wallace is a tough pivotman who can be characterized as a battler. He plays with good technique and strength, and gets the most out of his ability.

5. Mike Pollak, 6-3, 295, Arizona State
Pollack is a veteran who has graded out well against Pac-10 opponents. He can eventually compete for starting time as a pro.

6. Doug Legursky, 6-2, 320, Marshall
Legursky is a scrappy player who has started for four seasons in the MAC. He has the natural ability to play in the NFL.

7. Adam Spieker, 6-3, 310, Missouri
Spieker started for four years on a Missouri team that is now getting noticed. He relies on sound technique and positioning to be successful.

8. Isaiah Wiggins, 6-4, 290, Illinois State
Wiggins is a mobile small-college left tackle will move inside as a pro. If he continues to develop, he has a chance to be a big surprise.

9. Royce Blackledge, 6-4, 295, Mississippi State
Blackledge is a tough and versatile player who has started since his sophomore season. He more than held his own against some of the best the SEC has to offer.

10. Matt Roan, 6-4, 290, Southern Utah
Roan is a nimble small-college tackle who figures to make an NFL roster as either a guard or center. With proper coaching and time to develop, he could earn a possible starting grade in time.

11. Drew Miller, 6-4, 300, Florida
12. Jamey Richard, 6-3, 305, Buffalo
13. Marcus Coleman, 6-5, 300, Wisconsin
14. Fernando Velasco, 6-3, 315, Georgia
15. Brennan Carvalho, 6-1, 320, Portland State

MDSteel15
02-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Steve Justice in the 2nd, Cody Wallace in the 3rd or Fernando Velasco in later rounds.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Steve Justice in the 2nd, Cody Wallace in the 3rd or Fernando Velasco in later rounds.

I have been very high on Doug Legursky....he has tree trunks for thighs and has a reported mean streak....very strong. We might be able to get him in the 4th-6th round.
I do like Velasco also.

MDSteel15
02-09-2008, 02:46 PM
That works for me!

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2008, 02:50 PM
That works for me!

There is a picture of Legursky in the "LLT takes over the draft" thread... post #128.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-09-2008, 03:27 PM
I have been very high on Doug Legursky....he has tree trunks for thighs and has a reported mean streak....very strong. We might be able to get him in the 4th-6th round.
I do like Velasco also.

Legursky is who I want the Steelers to draft......I think he has as much upside as the top centers in this draft....Like you mentioned he is strong and has a mean streak....Which means he has the stones to play in the NFL and handle the monster NTs in the NFL...Unlike Sean Mahan...lol

I agree Legursky will go in the 2nd day so the Steelers don't have to spend a first day pick on a center...

Draft LT in the first...A DL in the second.....Best available in the 3rd.....Then Legursky in the 4th....

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Legursky is who I want the Steelers to draft......I think he has as much upside as the top centers in this draft....Like you mentioned he is strong and has a mean streak....Which means he has the stones to play in the NFL and handle the monster NTs in the NFL...Unlike Sean Mahan...lol

I agree Legursky will go in the 2nd day so the Steelers don't have to spend a first day pick on a center...

Draft LT in the first...A DL in the second.....Best available in the 3rd.....Then Legursky in the 4th....

We could get a very good Guard and DL in the 2nd and 3rd round

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-09-2008, 04:28 PM
I do like Velasco also.

I agree with you about Legursky. I think he could be a really good grab on day two.

Rhee Rhee
02-11-2008, 04:13 AM
i think velasco will be available in the 5th-6th and MAYBE 7th... he will be the better value at his draft position in my opinion... (over legursky)

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-11-2008, 04:50 AM
i think velasco will be available in the 5th-6th and MAYBE 7th... he will be the better value at his draft position in my opinion... (over legursky)

Legursky is a power blocker who has started every game in his collegiate career....I like Velasco, but you have to keep in mind that he is going to have a learning curve since he played guard last year.

Elvis
02-14-2008, 04:17 PM
1. Steve Justice, 6-3, 285, Wake Forest
Justice is a savvy player who has graded out high against NFL-caliber linemen. He looks to improve his overall draft position with a strong NFL Combine performance.

2. John Sullivan, 6-4, 300, Notre Dame
This rugged Notre Dame product combines the physical skills and sound technique to rank among the best at this position.

These guys are worthy choices in the late 2nd to early 3rd rounds. I think that Justice would be a nice pick for us late in the 3rd if he is still there.
:wave: