PDA

View Full Version : I love Willie Parker!

sherlock
02-10-2008, 03:33 AM
We all know Willie`s a great RB but what I like most about him is the graceful way he moves on the field.Puts me in mind of a big cat,poetry in motion and very aesthetic.
Yeah I love Fast Willie.....but in a totally macho and manly way!

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2008, 09:06 AM
good thing you added the disclaimer there at the end.....i was locked and loaded, before i opened your thread....:wink02:

19ward86
02-10-2008, 01:52 PM
i love the way he plays also, he is a guy that makes you wish you were as good as him. sometimes it is cool to have a thread that just cherishes certain players. kudos to you.

steelpride12
02-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Geez scared me there at first really starting to freak me out till the end.....well put!!! :)

sherlock
02-10-2008, 02:49 PM
i love the way he plays also, he is a guy that makes you wish you were as good as him. sometimes it is cool to have a thread that just cherishes certain players. kudos to you.

Thanks for that 19ward86!
He`s just great to watch,the way he glides acoss the field,and he also makes big tackles when needed.
I just hope his broken leg doesn`t have a detrimental effect on his natural game for next season.
Hopefully the coaching staff wont rush him back before he`s back to full working order.I guess that`s one good thing about the long off-season!

Steel Pit
02-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks for that 19ward86!
He`s just great to watch,the way he glides acoss the field,and he also makes big tackles when needed.
I just hope his broken leg doesn`t have a detrimental effect on his natural game for next season.
Hopefully the coaching staff wont rush him back before he`s back to full working order.I guess that`s one good thing about the long off-season!

No Mate,

I can't think of any "big tackles" that Willie has made?????? Perhaps you meant to say that he "breaks tackles"?

Most offensive players don't make many tackles ALTHOUGH, in the 2006 playoff game versus the Colts, Ben Roethlisberger made "The biggest tackle in Pittsburgh Steelers history". That particular play is commonly known as "The tackle". :tt02:

zulater
02-10-2008, 04:26 PM
I like Willie, but I wish we had a reliable pound it between the tackles back to complement him.:flex:

sherlock
02-11-2008, 01:07 AM
No Mate,

I can't think of any "big tackles" that Willie has made?????? Perhaps you meant to say that he "breaks tackles"?

Most offensive players don't make many tackles ALTHOUGH, in the 2006 playoff game versus the Colts, Ben Roethlisberger made "The biggest tackle in Pittsburgh Steelers history". That particular play is commonly known as "The tackle". :tt02:

You`re right Steel Pit,I`m still trying to learn the correct terminology of football.
I meant when the RB sometimes acts as a halfback or fullback(?) and protects the QB....Does that make sense?

I wasn`t aware of "the tackle"...I`m very new to the Steelers("you don`t say!) but I will have to try and see a clip of it from somewhere.
Thanks for putting me right...It`s what I want!

sherlock
02-11-2008, 01:12 AM
MOP and Steelpride12.....:sofunny:

Just to put your minds at rest......I`m all man! :smile:

Lord Stiller
02-11-2008, 07:24 AM
I love how Willie plays also

He plays with a 'chip' on his shoulder because he sat the bench in college and wasnt drafted. Also, he plays like he truly appreciates his situation and has a true love for the game. Willie is a class act :cheers:

Steel Pit
02-11-2008, 03:06 PM
You`re right Steel Pit,I`m still trying to learn the correct terminology of football.
I meant when the RB sometimes acts as a halfback or fullback(?) and protects the QB....Does that make sense?

I wasn`t aware of "the tackle"...I`m very new to the Steelers("you don`t say!) but I will have to try and see a clip of it from somewhere.
Thanks for putting me right...It`s what I want!

When a RB protects the QB from pursuing defenders, it's known as a "Block".

No problem Sherlock. We here at Steelers forum will have you speaking American Pro Football just like the experts in no time at all. :cheers:

Dino 6 Rings
02-11-2008, 04:10 PM
American Football....the Only Football!!!

I like Willie Too! Record holder of the longest TD Run in Superbowl History!!!

SuzyPeppercorn
02-11-2008, 08:53 PM
i think you should buy a dvd.

its called steelers and the road to the superbowl. i bought it shortly after the steelers won the superbowl 2 yrs ago.

and it has a recap of that particular regular season as well as all of the playoff games from start to finish. there was so many amazing and unexpected plays throughout that whole season it definately worth the 20 dollars especially if you havent watched the games before.

and btw there definately two types of football. we dont need to be bashing other sports here. european football is definately exciting to watch.

SteelersJW
02-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Whew, I was about to start firing until I read the end of that. Yes, I to love Willie (In a manly way).

IamTheSteelGod
02-12-2008, 01:06 PM
I love him to buy he was deffinately over worked this year. The blocking schemes need to be re-worked for next season to enable him to bounce of tackle more.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-12-2008, 06:55 PM
I love him to buy he was deffinately over worked this year. The blocking schemes need to be re-worked for next season to enable him to bounce of tackle more.

Exactly. It really seamed like Willie was just missing his big play ability this season.