PDA

View Full Version : Warning America....Premiership Soccer Heading Your Way!

sherlock
02-10-2008, 04:13 AM
It`s just been announced that the soccer Premier League is planning to go global.
2011 is the planned year for this to take place,with regular season games being played across the world....and yes that includes the States!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7233395.stm

Good luck....quite frankly with the exception of Arsenal and Man Utd and possibly Chelsea on a good day,I wouldn`t cross the road to watch a Premiership game.
It`s becoming the game with no soul,a corporate pimping exercise.

Borski
02-10-2008, 10:24 AM
It`s becoming the game with no soul,a corporate pimping exercise.

Sounds like what the NFL is turning into

Edman
02-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Another gimmick to get America enraptured in Soccer. Just like Beckham signing with the L.A Galaxy.

Their Football will never be big here, just like our Football will never be big there.

SteelCityMan786
02-11-2008, 04:03 PM
The only country that truely liked our Football was Germany in Europe. Which essentially house every team in the final years of the NFL Europe.

MasterOfPuppets
02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
The only country that truely liked our Football was Germany in Europe. Which essentially house every team in the final years of the NFL Europe.
thats why i couldn't understand why the nfl didn't give them the first games.

sherlock
02-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786

thats why i couldn't understand why the nfl didn't give them the first games

Good points....I can only think that it was somehow a financial reason.

I hadn`t noticed before but within the link from my first post it says that 10,000 people came over from the States to watch the Giants-Dolphins game at Wembley last year.
Now that`s dedication!

SteelCityMan786
02-12-2008, 09:44 AM
I wonder how many fans of the British teams are going to get a passport and come here.

sherlock
02-12-2008, 12:47 PM
I wonder how many fans of the British teams are going to get a passport and come here.

Indeed!
Nowhere near that amount I would say.
To be fair though most fans spend a huge amount of money following their teams already.