PDA

View Full Version : How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

SteelCityMan786
02-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Cold and it's cold enough for a 2 Hour Delay for my school.

83-Steelers-43
02-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Very, very, very windy. Temperature wise, right now it's at four degrees and it's suppose to hit zero degrees by morning. I love it.

GBMelBlount
02-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Very, very, very windy.

I was almost impaled by a garbage can today. When it blows this bad we call it a "Brady."

SteelCityMan786
02-10-2008, 08:17 PM
I was almost impaled by a garbage can today. When it blows this bad we call it a "Brady."

Why? Cause Brady Blows? :sofunny:

Borski
02-10-2008, 08:37 PM
70ish or something like that. pretty nice down here.

SteelCityMan786
02-10-2008, 09:01 PM
70ish or something like that. pretty nice down here.

Don't rub it in. :sofunny:

stillers4me
02-10-2008, 09:04 PM
13?......wind chill feels like 0?

Crushzilla
02-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Very windy... I was getting thrown all over 119 earlier today with the wind so I was trying to keep up enough speed to not affect it...

Earned myself a 154 dollar speeding ticket :dang:

SteelCityMan786
02-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Very windy... I was getting thrown all over 119 earlier today with the wind so I was trying to keep up enough speed to not affect it...

Earned myself a 154 dollar speeding ticket :dang:

Someone must have had a case of bad luck.

Steeler in Carolina
02-10-2008, 09:37 PM
70 and sunny.

SteelCityMan786
02-10-2008, 09:39 PM
All you 70 degree or warmer folks QUIT BRAGGING :rofl:

GBMelBlount
02-10-2008, 09:40 PM
70 and sunny.

That's amazing! It's completely dark here......I'm moving south! :thumbsup:

Borski
02-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Don't rub it in. :sofunny:

I'm actually a cold weather person, I can't stand anything over 80?. Soon as a graduate college I am moving back to PA. I miss all the snow.

83-Steelers-43
02-10-2008, 09:48 PM
80 degrees or above when I'm on vacation = Great stuff.

80 degrees or above where I reside = No thanks.

I prefer the cold and snow.....Pittsburgh weather.

The Duke
02-10-2008, 09:54 PM
80 :crying02:

I would kill for some wind right now

83-Steelers-43
02-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Bitter cold continues; Scores of schools declare 2-hour delay
Sunday, February 10, 2008

The City of Pittsburgh schools topped a long list of local districts declaring a two-hour delay for the start of school tomorrow as bitter cold continued to blanket Western Pennsylvania.

A National Weather Service weather advisory remained in effect tonight, forecasting wind chills between 10 below and 20 below zero tonight and tomorrow morning with the advisory continuing until 9 a.m. tomorrow.

The service said such conditions threaten frost bite and can lead to hypothermia if residents fail to take the necessary precautions, including hat and gloves for outdoor travel.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08041/856508-100.stm

SteelCityMan786
02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
I like the cold though despite how it is right now. Just got a 2 Hour Delay from School. Would be great if I could have some cold weather games like these next football season.

sherlock
02-11-2008, 01:36 AM
Ah,talking about the weather is something all Brits love doing!
Yesterday(Sunday) was unseasonably mild here in the east of England,almost spring-like.
It was great because I was able to walk about in my long-sleeve Steelers t-shirt!!
You guys in the North of America get some really bad weather don`t you.
This morning...thick fog and ice!

Preacher
02-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Upper 60's, sunny. Nice break from the rain.

revefsreleets
02-11-2008, 08:10 AM
2 degrees, -20 wind chill. My dog didn't want to put his paws in the snow, and was trying to keep 2 at a time out...pretty funny to watch, actually.

HometownGal
02-11-2008, 08:18 AM
4 degrees here in the South Hills with a -14 wind chill. A bit nipply, but I'm lovin' it! :banana:

83-Steelers-43
02-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Ah,talking about the weather is something all Brits love doing!
Yesterday(Sunday) was unseasonably mild here in the east of England,almost spring-like.
It was great because I was able to walk about in my long-sleeve Steelers t-shirt!!
You guys in the North of America get some really bad weather don`t you.
This morning...thick fog and ice!

In the Pittsburgh area, it has been a relatively easy winter when it comes to snow/ice compared to past years. I'm hoping that changes. I would like to see a nice blizzard.

fansince'76
02-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Unseasonably warm in the Denver area - 40's and low 50's.

STEELtownHAVOX
02-11-2008, 10:29 AM
14 degrees...Andrews AFB, MD (work)

sherlock
02-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Geez, you guys love talking about the weather also!
Brits and Americans have more in common than language only :cheer:

SteelCityMan786
02-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Geez, you guys love talking about the weather also!
Brits and Americans have more in common than language only :cheer:

Not to mention some of the Brits are also fans of the game American Football. :cheers:

We're supposed to get a snow storm now. Boy do I love winter weather.

PisnNapalm
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Farking cold and windy. Going down to single digits tonight.

MACH1
02-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Messy... We got about a foot of snow last week and now its getting up in the forties the last couple days.

HometownGal
02-11-2008, 06:14 PM
We're supposed to get a snow storm now. Boy do I love winter weather.

I love the winter, too. :cheers:

We're supposed to get 2-5 inches starting at 2 AM tomorrow morning, then some freezing rain (oh joy) and then all rain. With regard to the snow - I'll believe it when I see it. Our weather people around here have been wrong more often than not in their snow forecasts the last several winters.

I'd love a nice Nor'easter like the blizzard of '93. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
02-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I love the winter, too. :cheers:

We're supposed to get 2-5 inches starting at 2 AM tomorrow morning, then some freezing rain (oh joy) and then all rain. With regard to the snow - I'll believe it when I see it. Our weather people around here have been wrong more often than not in their snow forecasts the last several winters.

I'd love a nice Nor'easter like the blizzard of '93. :thumbsup:

I hope if we do have one that bad, we have it backed up with a day I have off school that way I don't have to worry about a cancellation.

steelergirl07
02-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Rainy. Like usual. Back home (Hawaii), 79 degrees, cloudy.

TroysBadDawg
02-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Teachers are praying for a snow day along with the children. we have light snow and 15 degrees at this time. with a predicted 2 to 4 by morning and 8 by evening. Bet we get a dusting nothing more. They said that last time and we got nothing. Teachers are going Boo Hoo, so are the children. I am laughing, nice quite home with out any of them here.

Dynasty
02-11-2008, 11:13 PM
man I'm hoping for a delay... due to PSSAs for upperclassmen, if there is a delay tomorrow, I start school at 11:15!!

marianne, what part of the south hills are you in?

MasterOfPuppets
02-11-2008, 11:33 PM
it's a nice calm 72 here....but it sure as hell is cold outside...:alcoholic

sherlock
02-12-2008, 01:40 AM
It`s interesting that many of you guys and gals say how much you like the winter.
I used to love it when it snowed but now I`m not so keen.This is mainly due to the 100 mile round trip to work and also because I`m becoming a miserable old git!
How do the amenities and local services deal with the bad weather in your neck of the woods?
In the UK everything grounds to a halt when we get anything over 1cm of snowfall!

83-Steelers-43
02-12-2008, 05:44 AM
It`s interesting that many of you guys and gals say how much you like the winter.
I used to love it when it snowed but now I`m not so keen.This is mainly due to the 100 mile round trip to work and also because I`m becoming a miserable old git!
How do the amenities and local services deal with the bad weather in your neck of the woods?
In the UK everything grounds to a halt when we get anything over 1cm of snowfall!

I have lived in Pittsburgh my whole life, so I'm kind of used to the cold and snow this time of year. Plus, I'm just not crazy about hot weather. It tends to make me irritable and grumpy if I'm around it all year long...lol. Snowboarding, Penguins season, Heinz Field in the snow, coming home from the Steeler games and having a hot italian sausage sandwich after being out in the cold all day long? I'll take that over the beach and 90 degree weather. Floridians can have it. :thumbsup:

As for the local services (PennDot), IMO, they are pretty good for the most part. From what I'm hearing on the local news right now, traffic seems to be flowing relatively well considering. I'm not hearing about many accidents. Of course you will have some folks complain, but when ice hits the roads there's only so much these guys can do. You can only throw down so much salt.

Snow closes, delays schools; slows morning rush
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

What may be the heaviest snowfall of the season in the Pittsburgh area is causing school closings and delays, and traffic nightmares for commuters this morning.

"It's probably not going to be such a great rush hour," said Brad Rehak, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service.

While PennDOT and municipal trucks have been out overnight, most highways and streets are covered with snow, which started falling after midnight. Traffic is moving at a much slower rate.

The Pittsburgh Public School are closed for the day, leading a list of closings and delays. See the listing of school closings and delays on KDKA.com, the Post-Gazette's news partner.

The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory until 7 p.m. for Allegheny, Beaver, Fayette, Greene, Washington and Westmoreland counties. A winter storm warning is in effect until midnight tomorrow in Armstrong, Butler, Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Forest, Indiana and Lawrence counties.

In the Pittsburgh area, between 3 and 5 inches is expected by early afternoon, The snow is expected to change to sleet, freezing rain then rain as temperatures rise. Some areas north of Allegheny County could receive more than 7 inches of snow, less sleet and very little rain, Mr. Rehak said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08043/856714-100.stm

TackleMeBen
02-12-2008, 06:43 AM
the high for the week in detroit is suppost to be 32 on weds. sunday it was so cold it felt like -20 with the wind chill. and now its snowing and by tonight we are suppost to have an additional 1-4 inches of snow.. i love the snow as long as i dont have to drive in it..lol.. i cant wait for spring though..

stlrtruck
02-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Didn't we do this last year in the off season?

Well to answer your question, it was warm enough for me to be out on the links yesterday playing a round with my dad. Although today it's rather over-cast, it's still in the 70's!!

For those of you stuck in the north - welcome to FLORIDA!!!!

HometownGal
02-12-2008, 08:50 AM
WOO HOO - it's coming down here in the South Hills. :banana: We have about 4 inches on the ground and it hasn't let up yet. I was just out shoveling about 1/2 hour ago and it's now covered over.

I hope the freezing rain we're forecasted to get this afternoon stays away and the temp drops so we get more snow instead.

LET IT SNOW! :jammin::thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
02-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Well, we got CLOSED today. I find myself listening to Junker & Crow. Going to suck not having Friday off as scheduled.

X-Terminator
02-12-2008, 09:23 AM
It's great that it's finally snowing at a good clip around here, and I really wanted to run and take a nice slide it. But it REALLY isn't much fun to deal with when you have to rely on the bus to get home. All of the routes out here in the South Hills are running 45 minutes to an hour behind schedule. But I'm glad I finally made it back, so now it can snow to its heart's content! :jammin:

sherlock
02-12-2008, 12:42 PM
83_Steelers_43
"I have lived in Pittsburgh my whole life, so I'm kind of used to the cold and snow this time of year. Plus, I'm just not crazy about hot weather. It tends to make me irritable and grumpy if I'm around it all year long...lol. Snowboarding, Penguins season, Heinz Field in the snow, coming home from the Steeler games and having a hot italian sausage sandwich after being out in the cold all day long? I'll take that over the beach and 90 degree weather. Floridians can have it. "

That`s a very evocative description of winter in Pittsburgh....actually sounds inticing!
That Packers-Giants playoff game in ankle deep snow was a sight to behold.
It`s why I hope Heinz Field never gets a dome!

SteelCityMan786
02-12-2008, 12:47 PM
83_Steelers_43
"I have lived in Pittsburgh my whole life, so I'm kind of used to the cold and snow this time of year. Plus, I'm just not crazy about hot weather. It tends to make me irritable and grumpy if I'm around it all year long...lol. Snowboarding, Penguins season, Heinz Field in the snow, coming home from the Steeler games and having a hot italian sausage sandwich after being out in the cold all day long? I'll take that over the beach and 90 degree weather. Floridians can have it. "

That`s a very evocative description of winter in Pittsburgh....actually sounds inticing!
That Packers-Giants playoff game in ankle deep snow was a sight to behold.
It`s why I hope Heinz Field never gets a dome!

Neither do I. That's TRUE Football weather. We're more likely to see a retractable roof if any roofing though. Domes are going out here in the US.

TroysBadDawg
02-13-2008, 02:55 AM
It was 20 degrees here and raining this afternoon. I called the weather people and asked them what the heck, if it is below 32 why is it raining? They said if it is above 32 at 5,000 feet altitude it will rain, come to the ground and freeze as ice cover.

All school are on a 2hour delay for Wednesday, it was announced at 7:30 last night. So far just more freezing rain, no snow yet and none expected.

SteelCityMan786
02-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Well apparently my school administration finds it justifiable to give a snow day when it is doing absolutely nothing. The Roads look drivable. So I wonder what the whole big Idea is now.

83-Steelers-43
02-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Weather again delays schools, morning commute
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

What began as rain in much of southwestern Pennsylvania in the predawn hours is changing to snow as temperatures fall across the region as the morning commute begins.

The area around Pittsburgh can expect to have about another inch of snow before the precipitation ends later today. There is, however, a winter weather advisory in effect for counties to the east and north, including Blair, Clearfield, Cambria, Somerset and Bedford.

Many schools are operating under a 2-hour delay and there are some closures. See information about school closings and delays on KDKA.com, the Post-Gazette's news partner.

With the falling temperatures, travelers should watch for icy spots.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08044/857038-100.stm

TackleMeBen
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Well apparently my school administration finds it justifiable to give a snow day when it is doing absolutely nothing. The Roads look drivable. So I wonder what the whole big Idea is now.

bc the school board doesnt want a lawsuit on its hands for running buses when there is the potential danger of ice spots on the roads. they would rather the kids be safe at home than having to deal with an accidential death suit probably. that happen to one of the school districts when i was in school and the kids parents won millions.

SteelCityMan786
02-22-2008, 09:44 AM
bc the school board doesnt want a lawsuit on its hands for running buses when there is the potential danger of ice spots on the roads. they would rather the kids be safe at home than having to deal with an accidential death suit probably. that happen to one of the school districts when i was in school and the kids parents won millions.

Even if the back roads might have been bad, my district has cancelled bus service up in those directions in the past and just counted it as an excused absence. From what I have heard, a majority of the roads were fine.

Anyway, who all got hit today? We got another cancellation of school. Fun Times. Now my spring break has been cut by 1 day.

stlrtruck
02-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Last night I had to actually turn on the AC. I mean I was sweating as I was trying to sleep - that sucks almost as much as the bengals.

TroysBadDawg
02-22-2008, 04:11 PM
at 5:09 PM on 2/22/08 it is freezing rain mixed with sleet. This morning the cars had 1/4 ice covering it, the van now has 1/2 inch of ice on it. The school are again closed with 1 snow day left before they have to be made up, taking from the Spring break or going to Saturday school.

HometownGal
02-29-2008, 03:49 PM
We've got about 6" of snow down here in the South Hills and it's still falling. I've been shoveling myself, my Mom and my Mom's elderly neighbors out most of the day. So much for our local forecasters' prediction of 1-2". :toofunny:

MACH1
02-29-2008, 04:10 PM
We've got about 6" of snow down here in the South Hills and it's still falling. I've been shoveling myself, my Mom and my Mom's elderly neighbors out most of the day. So much for our local forecasters' prediction of 1-2". :toofunny:

Better there than here, its almost 50* here. :flap:

fansince'76
02-29-2008, 04:13 PM

Wow - it's like Spring here in Denver. 60 degrees and sunny.

The Duke
02-29-2008, 04:46 PM
88 here

and it looks like it will only get worse :banging:

HometownGal
02-29-2008, 05:35 PM
I LOVE the snow and I enjoy shoveling snow - great cardio workout! :banana:

It is starting to slow down now, but I just measured and we got almost 8 inches here in Brentwood! :thumbsup:

Borski
02-29-2008, 05:37 PM
68? slightly breezy, mostly cloudy.

TackleMeBen
02-29-2008, 06:17 PM
we got 2 inches this morning and of course it had to start right at rush hour... and people in detroit dont know how to drive. we already had 5 inches on the ground and i think they are calling for more.... i want spring ....................NOW!!!!!

Rhee Rhee
03-01-2008, 02:16 AM
i feel terrible for all of you...

80 degrees, sunny, blue skies all around... not a cloud in the sky... a cool breeze here and there...

may i remind u this is year round!! :sofunny:

GBMelBlount
03-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Dark.

Borski
03-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Dark.

wow, same here :cheers:

GBMelBlount
03-01-2008, 10:25 PM
wow, same here :cheers:

Oh crap, it just got even darker. Out of concern I turned on the news and thankfully they're predicting scattered daylight around 7 am tomorow..... whew! That was close. :thumbsup:

stillers4me
03-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Dark.

Wow........freaky. It's dark here, too.

NV STEELERS 723
03-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Let it snow! its 70 and sunny... I'm past winter now... its sucks working outside when its cold !...now I have 4 months of great weather

Borski
03-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Oh crap, it just got even darker. Out of concern I turned on the news and thankfully they're predicting scattered daylight around 7 am tomorow..... whew! That was close. :thumbsup:

is that only in your area, or did they mention light coming back to Florida as well?

GBMelBlount
03-02-2008, 07:06 AM
is that only in your area, or did they mention light coming back to Florida as well?

I didn't see the prediction for Florida but the weather prediction was very accurate here in PA. It is indeed light again BUT also cloudy. So it is LESS light than on many days! Also, I just got a concerned e-mail from SteelerMongol. Yep, you've guessed it,.....dark! Uh, oh. My regular tv program program was interrupted and Al Gore is on TV. He is getting out of his private jet and a Hummer is driving him up to the podium............................................ .OK, now he's speaking. Good news, bad news. The bad news is at the current rate of fossil fuel consumption, the earth will be completely dark within 100 years.! The scientific name for this is "Global Darkness." The good news is, if we all buy hybrids, and the evil capitalistic companies buy "carbon credits" from his newly formed corporation, the world will be saved. Thank God! Oooops, I meant thank you Al Gore! :cheer:

stlrtruck
03-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Here in FL we have light and temperatures are expected to peak in the high 70's today (if not 80's)

GBMelBlount
09-14-2008, 06:29 PM
WINDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polamalu Princess
09-14-2008, 06:50 PM
It just got pitch black here. We live way on top of a hill and all of trees are bent over. I am actually watching the house two doors down from ours lose siding!!!! WOW!!!!

Preacher
09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Its in the high 70's-low 80's. A slight breeze on a sunny day.

Days like this, I love California.

HometownGal
09-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Very, very windy and muggy as all hell.

pittsburghp8baller
09-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Lighting Bolt hit a neighbors car last night, WAS AWESOME!!!!

Polamalu Princess
09-14-2008, 08:37 PM
It is still nuts here. We have toy poodles and we are not sure we want to send them outside...we may then have flying poodles!!!!

millwalldavey
09-14-2008, 09:38 PM
VERY VERY VERY muggy!

MACH1
09-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Blue skys and 80.

tony hipchest
09-14-2008, 10:55 PM
fair and partly cloudy

fansince'76
09-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Beautiful here in Denver - sunny today in the mid-60s. :thumbsup:

stillers4me
09-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Fine now........."hurricane force winds" earlier in the day that knocked out the entire tristate area here in Cinci. Only a few patches that still had power and one of them happened to have our Steelers bar! We left here at around 7pm to go down and the power had been back on for 2 hours when we arrived home about 15 minutes ago. It may be several days before everyone has power again.

tony hipchest
09-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Fine now........."hurricane force winds" earlier in the day that knocked out the entire tristate area here in Cinci. Only a few patches that still had power and one of them happened to have our Steelers bar! We left here at around 7pm to go down and the power had been back on for 2 hours when we arrived home about 15 minutes ago. It may be several days before everyone has power again.
good thing chad eight five's head was there to deflect some of the hurricaine force winds. :thumbsup:

Steelman16
09-14-2008, 11:36 PM
It finally quit raining here in Oklahoma...t'was nice today. Windy and cool.

stillers4me
09-15-2008, 05:48 AM
good thing chad eight five's head was there to deflect some of the hurricaine force winds. :thumbsup:

All he has to do is open his mouth. :chuckle:

stlrtruck
09-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Now that Ike is destroying Ohio, it's great...

90's!!!

GBMelBlount
11-20-2008, 03:51 PM
We are 25 miles southwest of Pittsburgh and it's snowing pretty hard at the moment......

millwalldavey
11-20-2008, 08:11 PM
I want a 2 hour delay tomorrow!

MAke up days suck!

Preacher
11-20-2008, 10:47 PM
We didn't even hit 60 degrees today! :wink02:

stlrtruck
11-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Well it still gets up in 70's here but at night it dips down to something a little less enjoyable like the high 30's, low 40's...but this week I'll be back in MD - I'm praying it snows so that THE PRINCESS can have some fun!!

KeiselPower99
11-21-2008, 09:04 AM
It snowed 12 inches Monday and when I got home this morning there was 5 more inches here. I love lake effect snow.

Polamalu Princess
11-21-2008, 07:17 PM
It is 15 degrees here and we live on a huge hill and it is very windy. We actually had a white out today and had a multitude of accidents in the area. It is cold and I LOVE it!!!

steelwall
11-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Winter time here in southeast Asia. A bone chilling low of 64 degrees and highs in the upper 70's.

Funny thing is the locals walk around in coats...heck this weather is perfect. The long months of 110+ degree weather and high humidity just kills me.

GutterflowerSteel
11-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Sunny but cold today - the winds finally died down. There was a dusting of snow forecast - around here, that means everyone freaks out and runs to the grocery store in case they run out of milk, bread and toilet paper lol

Preacher
11-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Sunny, cool, with a touch of earthquake at 5 tonight!!! 2.something on the richter, epicenter about 5 miles from here.

T&B fan
11-23-2008, 08:31 PM
cold and snow 18" and 15f and :offtopic: :sign11: