PDA

View Full Version : dan morgan??

19ward86
02-11-2008, 06:40 PM
i dont think that this has been posted yet but i was wondering what yall think about MLB dan morgan. he was released today by the panthers because of all of the injuries. i think we could pick him up on a small contract and let him compete for larry foots/timmons job. if he turns out to be a bummer....we can release him with no harm done. just a thought.

Dino 6 Rings
02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
if he is willing to play kick coverage for a cheap price...I say take a look at him.

Steeldude
02-11-2008, 07:24 PM
the panthers also released 10 year guard mike wahle. anyone know anything about him? he was their starting left guard last season.

rick723
02-11-2008, 07:45 PM
I live in North Carolina. Dan Morgan has missed part, big parts of the last three years. When he is healthy he is good, I think he is another Kendrell Bell right now

lilyoder6
02-11-2008, 08:43 PM
mike is a good guard but he might be asking for too much money.. also carolina has tim shaw to replace morgan

RoethlisBURGHer
02-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Eh, Dan Morgan is a beast when healthy. Problem is, he hasn't been healthy the last three seasons. His head is a scrambled egg from all the concussions. I wouldn't even risk bringing him in on the cheap.

Mike Whale is a beast, I would take him in a heartbeat. I just think he's gonna want more money than the Rooneys would pay out for a guy that's got 10 years of wear on him...and I don't blame them. Draft a tackle in the first round.

tony hipchest
02-11-2008, 10:14 PM
I live in North Carolina. Dan Morgan has missed part, big parts of the last three years. When he is healthy he is good, I think he is another Kendrell Bell right now
im with rick. steelers scouted and liked morgan out of college, but at this point he has kendrell bell written all over him. he would probably be fine in a system that doesnt require actual starters, such as the pats.

Rhee Rhee
02-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Mike Whale is a beast, I would take him in a heartbeat. I just think he's gonna want more money than the Rooneys would pay out for a guy that's got 10 years of wear on him...and I don't blame them. Draft a tackle in the first round.

i remember when whale played with packers.. he was a great NFL guard... now i havent seen him lately but if he's willing to come cheap give him a shot... he could be a stop gap LG until our in-house candidates or our draft picks are ready...

ytsan2q
02-11-2008, 10:55 PM
That guy might as well retire.

Crushzilla
02-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Even if the Rooneys wanted to take a shot with him on the cheap, someone else will be willing to pay more.

There are a lot of teams out there who do not enjoy any depth a LB and may be more willing to take a shot on Morgan for more $$$.

With his longevity in question, I think its safe to assume that Morgan will follow the highest bidder. The Steelers won't be that team, even if they wanted to be.

Galax Steeler
02-12-2008, 03:42 AM
I belive we could live without him we need help elsewhere.

Dino 6 Rings
02-13-2008, 11:55 AM
He'd help cover kicks...that's all I'm saying...not as an LB at all on our squad, too man head shots. But he can bust up wedges and tackle punt returners for my dollar. My cheap dollar.

Elvis
02-13-2008, 02:30 PM
i dont think that this has been posted yet but i was wondering what yall think about MLB dan morgan. he was released today by the panthers because of all of the injuries. i think we could pick him up on a small contract and let him compete for larry foots/timmons job. if he turns out to be a bummer....we can release him with no harm done. just a thought.
I really think that Dan should just retire. The 1st thing he should think about is his health and with all the concussions and injuries he should just lay back the rest of his life and spend wisely.
:cheers:

revefsreleets
02-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Is this the official beginning of the"Hey, so-and-so released this old, washed up overpaid player 3 years past his prime who still thinks he should command a 10 mil a year contract. Think the Steelers can sign him to league vet minimum because he might look good in black and gold" season?

Cuz, if it is, the answer to all of these crazy inquiries, is, was, and will always be a resounding "NO!".

Dino 6 Rings
02-14-2008, 10:07 AM
I am trying to turn this thread into 'who can we sign on the cheap that can cover freaking kicks"

BlastFurnace
02-14-2008, 01:04 PM
No way. We need someone who will stay on the active roster all year, not the Inactive List due to injury.

Stlrs4Life
02-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Liked Morgan, but he is injury prone.

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2008, 11:10 AM
No way. We need someone who will stay on the active roster all year, not the Inactive List due to injury.

that's a great call. absolutely need healthy guys. our walking wounded list seems to be bigger every year and we don't need to take risks on guys that will end up on that list by game 5.

pittsburghp8baller
02-15-2008, 11:37 AM
ive always liked dan morgan. when healthy he is one of the best in the game. if he is willing to sign a small one year contract than i say what the hell bring him in.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Yikes...seven years in the league and has never played a full season...virtually half those years he played less than 50% of the season.

History of concussions and injuries.

....gotta say no

LVSteelersfan
02-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Yikes...seven years in the league and has never played a full season...virtually half those years he played less than 50% of the season.

History of concussions and injuries.

....gotta say no

Have to agree with you here. We don't need washed up players who can't stick with other teams.

Hey, I believe I just hit the century mark on my posts. Not bad for someone who joined in the middle of last season. :tt02::banana::cheer::bouncy:

steelwall
02-15-2008, 08:05 PM
I agree, if he is willing to come in cheap put him in on kick off and punt coverage, plus adds a bit of depth to the middle line backer posistion, but starting him....ehhh

ChronoCross
02-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Not even worth a look. He has never played a full season without missing many games. He is a player that should just retire before another injury comes this coming season.. Pure waste of money. Some one said STs, no way he might make it 2 games before he is out with injury. If he is not injured in camps first..