PDA

View Full Version : pens forum

section514
02-12-2008, 09:18 PM
are there any forums out there like steelersfever that are for the penguins?

steelpride12
02-12-2008, 10:18 PM
I have looked many times, but sadly i don't think so.
If i had the money i would def. start one im a die hard pens fan(yes even at age 16), Granddaddy got me into it when i was 4 and have been through alot with them!

Lord Stiller
02-12-2008, 10:19 PM
i sometimes post on hfboards.com

it is a general hockey forum with a seperate section for teams. there are some pretty knowledgeable fans there

HometownGal
02-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Not a large board, but some good discussion.

Be sure to block pop-ups, though. They'll drive you batty!

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=285

Mistah_Q
02-12-2008, 10:49 PM
For what it's worth, the official site has an active forum with a general discussion area on it. http://msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.com/

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 12:46 PM
My personal preference is www.letsgopens.com.

I dislike the official Penguins site immensely. IMO, the official board is filled with kids under 12 (and they act like it). The moderating is pathetic. I would compare it to the official Steelers site.

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 12:50 PM
My personal preference is www.letsgopens.com.

I dislike the official Penguins site immensely. IMO, the official board is filled with kids under 12 (and they act like it). The moderating is pathetic. I would compare it to the official Steelers site.

That's 95% of all message boards on the internet. Most mods are nothing more than super users. True mods are very hard to find.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 12:51 PM
That's 95% of all message boards on the internet. Most mods are nothing more than super users. True mods are very hard to find.

Well for me, what goes on over there (the official Penguins site) is unbearable and I prefer www.letsgopens.com. It's at least moderated to some degree, actually pretty well for the most part.

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Well for me, what goes on over there (the official Penguins site) is unbearable and I prefer www.letsgopens.com.

He asked.

I understand what you're saying. I'm just trying to say that the vast majority of message boards have below average to terrible moderators. Like I said, most of them are little more than super users with moderator privileges.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I understand what you're saying. I'm just trying to say that the vast majority of message boards have below average to terrible moderators. Like I said, most of them are little more than super users with moderator privileges.

I'm sure they are. He asked for a Penguins site and I gave him one that does not involve idiotic mods or ones who do not do their jobs.

He asked and I answered.

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm sure they are. He asked for a Penguins site and I gave him one that does not involve idiotic mods or ones who do not do their jobs.

He asked and I answered.

And that's cool. I've never been to the board myself. I've always used the board on the team's website when I've posted. It has it's idiots, but all message boards do.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 01:03 PM
lol, okay Jeremy.

Wow.

Anyways.....section514, if your looking to talk Pens hockey and not have to worry about twelve year olds or idiots in general, try the site I posted and see if you like it. If not, there are a few other boards I know of that are not nearly as bad as the official site.

Lord Stiller
02-24-2008, 01:04 PM
And that's cool. I've never been to the board myself. I've always used the board on the team's website when I've posted. It has it's idiots, but all message boards do.

i know, i visited that site once and it is by far the worse

check out hfboards.com, pretty good stuff in the pens forum but lots of idiots and pens haters in the general forum

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 01:07 PM
i know, i visited that site once and it is by far the worse

check out hfboards.com, pretty good stuff in the pens forum but lots of idiots and pens haters in the general forum

Post #83 in the link I listed below is what I'm talking about....

Example: http://msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.com/index.php?showtopic=21611&st=80&start=80

While I completely disagree with the One Hill Coalition and what they stand for, the above thread is completely uncalled for. That's only one example of why I completely stay away from that site.

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Post #83 in the link I listed below is what I'm talking about....

Example: http://msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.com/index.php?showtopic=21611&st=80&start=80

While I completely disagree with the One Hill Coalition and what they stand for, the above thread is completely uncalled for. That's only one example of why I completely stay away from that site.

I've seen some things pretty close to that posted here.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 01:12 PM
I've seen some things pretty close to that posted here.

Examples?

I think completely disagreeing with the One Hill Coalition while having the balls to say it instead of bowing down and saying "here's my money" and calling them the "N" word are apples and oranges.

Many disagree with them on that site (mostly Pittsburgh residents like myself obviously) and rightfully so, but to let a post(s) like that fly on that board is disgusting in my opinion.

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Examples?

I think completely disagreeing with the One Hill Coalition while having the balls to say it instead of bowing down and saying "here's my money" and calling them the "N" word are apples and oranges.

Many disagree with them on that site (mostly Pittsburgh residents like myself obviously) and rightfully so, but to let a post(s) like that fly on that board is disgusting in my opinion.

Screw them. They want the City and the Pens to pay for their revitalization so they can graffiti it all up and destroy it in a year or two? How about getting a J-O-B and spending some of your "hard earned cash" revitalizing your own damned neighborhood instead of spending it on Wild Irish Rose and crack?

Just one I found browsing the forums.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Just one I found browsing the forums.

That's not one of my posts so I can't speak for the person who posted it, but I agree with it. Why should I (or anybody else who actually lives in this city) simply hand over hard earned money to them when it will go to shit? Money for a grocery store? Worry about it not getting knocked off every week like the one that already shut down a few years back before asking for my money.

I don't care if your black, green, red or blue and live in the Hill. Work for your money like everybody else. Don't be a scumbag looking for handouts and asking me for money.

How what was said in that post compares to calling a group of people the "N" word is still apples and oranges in my mind, but to each their own I guess. Then again, this went from me simply giving somebody advice for a good Pens site to this.

Anyways, LordStiller, I've been on the site you mentioned and that is a pretty good site also.

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 01:36 PM
It's true though. Why should I (or anybody else who actually lives in this city) simply hand over hard earned money to them when it will go to shit? Money for a grocery store? Worry about it not getting knocked off every week like the one that already shut down a few years back before asking for my money.

I don't care if your black, green, red or blue and live in the Hill. Work for you money. Don't be a scumbag looking for handouts.

How what was said in that post compares to calling a group of people the "N" word is still apples and oranges in my mind.

Fair enough, I'll just drop the subject.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Fair enough, I'll just drop the subject.

That's your choice. Feel free to talk about it all you want. Personally, I would talk about it in the New Arena thread, but that's just me.

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 01:51 PM
That's your choice. Feel free to talk about it all you want. Personally, I would talk about it in the New Arena thread, but that's just me.

It's not worth getting in to a pissing match over.

The arena will be built come hell or high water.

Kansas City will find someone to play in the Sprint Center.

The world will keep on spinning.

:cheers:

Lord Stiller
02-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Anyways, LordStiller, I've been on the site you mentioned and that is a pretty good site also.

ya, its pretty good. i post under kmw220. the pens forum is good

the only problem is the general forum there are annoying Flyers fans and also Caps fans who argue Ovechkin being better than Crosby and Malkin

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-29-2008, 03:15 PM
the only problem is the general forum there are annoying Flyers fans and also Caps fans who argue Ovechkin being better than Crosby and Malkin

I'm a Canadian and was once asked who would you take to start a team Ovechkin or Crosby? My response was if I wanted to sell tickets Ovechkin is the most entertaining player to watch in the league.....If I wanted to build a cup winning team, then Sid is the pick.

I dont think the fact Sid is Canadian factors in my judgement.....not being a Pens fan I would rather watch Ovechkin play than Sid.

J.RUUTU37
03-28-2008, 06:24 PM
I am a the moderator at PUG or PENSUnderground.com. Every Pens fan needs to join.PensUnderground.com is a message board for Pittsburgh Penguin fans. We have a growing member base that is very knowledgeable about the sport of hockey and Pittsburgh Penguins. Join PUG today we are always looking for new members to add to our discussion. No newbie will be turned away and we are proud to announce we are a 100% troll free zone. We also have a chat room where many members chat during the game.

PensUnderground.com