PDA

View Full Version : Heath wins Rookie of the Week & Rookie of the Month

BB2W
10-27-2005, 03:03 PM
For years, the Pittsburgh Steelers have failed to use their tight ends downfield as a threat to the defense. But all that has changed this year.

Enter Heath Miller, who, only seven weeks into his NFL career, has already shown his poise and confidence on the field. Currently, he has four scores, tying Randy McMichael and Mike Sellers for the league's lead at tight end. He also leads all rookies in touchdowns.

Miller is taking it his success in stride though, and is simply focused on constant improvement...

link.......... http://www.nflplayers.com/news/rookie.aspx

Steel - X
10-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Check the sig the guy is the goods. He deserved this for sure

AvoidLLoyd95
10-27-2005, 04:07 PM
I can't wait to see him turn out to be the next Gonzalas or Gates. He has all that potential.

Prosdo
10-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Congrats to Heath. He is really doing a great job. I love how he just knocks right over people.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2005, 05:14 PM
We've not seen a TE get this honor in forever.. this is awesome!! Keep it up heath !! :cheers:

SteelR1
10-27-2005, 05:55 PM
He truly deserves it!!! The way he just knocks people clean the hell out of his way is so AWESOME!!!

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-29-2005, 05:21 PM
I just hope that the off. coord. doesn't forget about what he can do. I see the goal line TD's. but i don't see him amounting alot of yards outside of that due to our running game?

ironcitychef
10-30-2005, 02:21 AM
Well I can't blame too much when we run it 60% of the time, but I clearly remember a few 20+ yard passes between the 30's to switch sides of the field...thats what I like about us the most is it doesn't take us as long anymore to move the ball. We used to grind out 12-14 play drives for field goals not so long ago. Now we are more regular with 10-12. It makes such difference.

clevestinks
10-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Well deserved, nice to see our guys get noticed year after year. Cowher must be doing something right

tony hipchest
10-30-2005, 12:21 PM
mike ditka called heath miller the best blocking te in the league today. hes played only 6 games! thats high praise from someone who oughtta know. said he reminded him of mark bavarro. cowher said he thought heath was a better blocker than "gates, gonzales and heap".

its like having breuner back with the hands and speed of ed mccaffrey. id like to see him score 10 td's for the year and see what excuses they can come up with to not give him the rookie of the year award (the scheme, the players around him or my favorite: they only run the ball). hes already being talked bout as a pro-bowler though and weve barely seen what he can do in the passing game.

BB2W
10-30-2005, 02:35 PM
mike ditka called heath miller the best blocking te in the league today. hes played only 6 games! thats high praise from someone who oughtta know. said he reminded him of mark bavarro. cowher said he thought heath was a better blocker than "gates, gonzales and heap".

its like having breuner back with the hands and speed of ed mccaffrey. id like to see him score 10 td's for the year and see what excuses they can come up with to not give him the rookie of the year award (the scheme, the players around him or my favorite: they only run the ball). hes already being talked bout as a pro-bowler though and weve barely seen what he can do in the passing game.
I saw that. :cool: Heath is the man...

BB2W
11-01-2005, 03:50 PM
VOTE FOR HEATH

Vote for our guy Heath Miller for week 8 Rookie of the Week...

Vote here....... http://www.nfl.com/rookies/vote

clevestinks
11-01-2005, 03:54 PM
can`t wait for another Rookie of the Year

Prosdo
11-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Voted for him. Says he has 41% of the votes so far!

tony hipchest
11-01-2005, 06:05 PM
heres why i thought heath miller could and should possibly be the most valuable 1st rounder drafted and offensive rookie of the year:

helps replace o. ross and k. vincent on the o-line
replaces p. burress hands and height in passing game
replaces j. riemersma.

he was a 3 for 1 player. him alone saved the steelers millions of $$$ too if you look at the cost of riemersma and keeping plex and the 2 o-linemen. not only is he valuable on the field hes valuable to the steelers salary cap situation as well.

throw in the 6 td's so far too. which are on pace to pass k. winslow or a. gates mark in the recordbooks.

pitt
11-02-2005, 12:37 AM
I just voted.

Steel - X
11-02-2005, 08:18 AM
He is only at 36% now Barber is closing. Come on Steelers fans lets get it done.

BB2W
11-02-2005, 03:14 PM
I voted twice. :busted:

bigbensgirl7
11-02-2005, 07:56 PM
37% Now...go Heath!

AvoidLLoyd95
11-02-2005, 08:06 PM
On Sunday, Mike Ditka, a Hall of Fame tight end himself, called Heath Miller the NFL?s best tight end, on ESPN?s Sunday Countdown.

On Monday night, Miller caught two touchdown passes from Ben Roethlisberger to help the Steelers defeat the Ravens, 20-19.

And on Wednesday, Miller will be announced as the NFL Rookie of the Month for October

Hey Hey, way to go Heath. Congrats to a great October!

BB2W
11-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Rookie of the month... another step closer to ROY. You would have to give some major props to the front office and the coaching staff if they could produce back to back Rookie of the Year winners. I hope they keep going to Heath and it might happen...

Koopa
11-03-2005, 12:41 AM
is he really rookie of the month?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2005, 01:07 AM
yep, sure is..

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_390570.html

Koopa
11-03-2005, 01:10 AM
crucial crucial. i haven't really had time to surf the web the semester is coming to an end and i need to stop slacking off. this is where i've been getting all my league news lol. heath deserved it hopefully more will come

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Yep, lots of people have commented to me how they just use SF to get all their news..even ones who arent on the forums have sent me emails or PM's saying thanks for keeping them all up to date.. so no worries king, we got all the news right here whenver you need it :tt:

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-03-2005, 02:52 PM
The kid is a warrior breed. Hopefully when chokin' charlie starts this week he doesn't forget about him.

bigbensgirl7
11-03-2005, 11:41 PM
well deserved..Congrats Heath!!!!

Prosdo
11-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Congrats to Heath. He is really becoming a big target in our offense. I hope it stays that way because I really like what I'm seeing from this guy.

I.C. Lights
11-04-2005, 12:52 AM
mike ditka called heath miller the best blocking te in the league today. hes played only 6 games! thats high praise from someone who oughtta know. said he reminded him of mark bavarro ... its like having breuner back with the hands and speed of ed mccaffrey.

Wow...and to think that blocking is one of the things that Heath says he needs to work on. The breuner/mccaffrey hybrid description is terrific.

Chickadee
11-04-2005, 01:21 PM
It's great to see this! That guy is amazing.

FantasyBetsZone
11-07-2005, 12:08 AM
this guy is the best tight end since eric green! :grin:

BB2W
11-07-2005, 04:02 PM
I noticed Heath lined up at wide-out a lot in the Packers game. He would usually go out there in motion... he got a catch in that set, and he was the first option on at least one other play out of that type of formation. It is cool to see him being used like the elite TE's in the NFL. (Heap, Gonzalez, Crumpler, etc.)