PDA

View Full Version : MADDEN 2008 DEFENSIVE HELP NEEDED!

12+88=6
02-13-2008, 05:06 PM
ok so i'm playing online against a guy who is using the pats. he's ranked in the top 100. anyway he kills me 49-14. i was the steelers of course. he had 2 plays. throw it deep to moss or throw a wr screen to moss or stallworth. sometimes he'd just run up the gut with the fb in short yardage. anyone know how to stop these plays?

i tried double coverage on moss but he just gets behind everyone on jumps out of the building to catch it.

i tried zone AND man-man for the wr screen but it ends up being a 10-15 yard gain just about every time.

now the pitt cb's aren't the tallest but i can't jump in the air with them, they just try to swat the ball while the wr's can jump about 3-4 feet in the air.

WHAT CAN I DO?

ShutDown24
02-13-2008, 06:40 PM
The FB play is unstoppable 90% of the time if he only needs 2 - 3 yards, you pretty much can't let him get in those situations or it's almost and automatic first.

I just blitz lol... All day, I hate dropping guys back - I blitz all the time and hope for the best. If I can keep up as far as scoring goes eventually my opponent makes the mistake.

There isn't much else I can say lol, sorry - You're probably better than me to be honest. I hate playing against people who use the PATS or Cowboys... (AKA everyone)

lilyoder6
02-13-2008, 08:03 PM
what i do is play man and then with the two safeties play zone and the with a middle lb play zone... well, for me at least adfter the 1st qr i kinda of know what my opp is going to do..

12+88=6
02-13-2008, 08:49 PM
it's so frustrating playing against moss or t.o. they'll jump over 3 people and make a one handed catch sometimes. i don't like how the cb's won't get off the ground.

and if you blitz 5 or 6 guys and don't sack the qb they can throw it anywhere on the field. i try to play keep away and run the clock out.

Newzfoxjr
02-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Spotlight him, back up your DBs, and blitz with a LB or two is what I'd do.

lilyoder6
02-13-2008, 10:23 PM
u play on the ps2 ps3 or the 360???

Rhee Rhee
02-14-2008, 12:38 AM
dude it's cheat if someone uses the patriots... no wonder he's in the top 100 he obviously can't use anyother team... i despise anyone who uses the pats... and i have vowed never to play someone like that..

12+88=6
02-14-2008, 02:33 AM
u play on the ps2 ps3 or the 360???

i have the ps3

steelwall
02-15-2008, 09:01 PM
God I wan't 08.. I can get PS2 games here for less that 1US dollar (pirated of course) but the Chinese have no interest in American football so I can't get my hands on 08, Im stuck with 06 that I brought with me from the US.... sucks! (not the game)

lilyoder6
02-15-2008, 09:02 PM
y don't u just see if ebay has any that is being sold, or buy it from a walmart and have it sent to u

steelwall
02-15-2008, 09:09 PM
y don't u just see if ebay has any that is being sold, or buy it from a walmart and have it sent to u

Good idea...

12+88=6
02-16-2008, 12:06 AM
and you may want to get out in the sun with 3 dimensional people. you're looking kinda pasty in that photo dude. and i thought i was white.

Godfather
02-20-2008, 10:36 AM
The FB play is unstoppable 90% of the time if he only needs 2 - 3 yards, you pretty much can't let him get in those situations or it's almost and automatic first.

I just blitz lol... All day, I hate dropping guys back - I blitz all the time and hope for the best. If I can keep up as far as scoring goes eventually my opponent makes the mistake.

There isn't much else I can say lol, sorry - You're probably better than me to be honest. I hate playing against people who use the PATS or Cowboys... (AKA everyone)

Yep, it's known as "cheesing"...every version of Madden has an unstoppable play in it. Using that play is lame.

steel65
02-20-2008, 12:41 PM
My nephew plays alot online he said if you get ball first run against Ne and run the clock down also use stunt blocking and blitz outside Lb keep troy in middle of field ( his record is 32-1 online and he uses atlanta ) this kid was born to play video games for a living. GOOD LUCK!! If all else fails call Commish and tell them they were video taping your practice.

klick81
02-20-2008, 03:29 PM
LMAO...i'm 12-31 on the 360.

About 10 of those losses come from getting disconnected (half of which I was winning when my wireless took a dump), and another 6 of those come from people using those gimmick plays. I actually have a winning record against fools who use the Pats, since they're people who have no concept of how to play the game. They expect to win simply BECAUSE they're using the Pats.