PDA

View Full Version : Bens ProBowl Performance

steelpride12
02-13-2008, 04:52 PM
I thought it was crazy to see Ben throwing to Ocho and Housyamomma during the pro bowl and celebrating that TD pass with T.J.
Sorry to say, but i never wanna see that again....its just not right! :dang:

jjpro11
02-13-2008, 04:58 PM
at least he could hit an open receiver.. something anderson wasnt capable of.

TackleMeBen
02-13-2008, 05:25 PM
I thought it was crazy to see Ben throwing to Ocho and Housyamomma during the pro bowl and celebrating that TD pass with T.J.
Sorry to say, but i never wanna see that again....its just not right!

i wouldnt mind either of them or both on the steelers. they are very good recievers. and they are tall ..lol.:sofunny::sofunny:

and the anderson comment about not being able to hit open recievers.... was too darn funny..:sofunny:

stillers4me
02-13-2008, 05:36 PM
It was refreshing seeing Ben have lots of time to throw the dangum ball.

I hope the powers that be took note.

BlastFurnace
02-13-2008, 05:48 PM
I'd take Housh in a minute on the Steelers. He's a heck of a receiver and would be a great fit for us....and yes...I would forgive him for what he did with the Terrible Towell....but he must be a Steeler for that to happen.

PisnNapalm
02-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Anyone who says they would accept Douchyermomma and Ochoidioto onto the Steelers should just turn in their Terrible Towels now and leave Steelers Nation. :banging:

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

No F'ing way I'd have either of those jagoffs on the Steelers.

19ward86
02-13-2008, 07:28 PM
i am so glad that ben had a good game, it proves that you dont have to be named peyton or tom to make it to the probowl as a QB.

verks36
02-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Anyone who says they would accept Douchyermomma and Ochoidioto onto the Steelers should just turn in their Terrible Towels now and leave Steelers Nation. :banging:

I agree

steelergirl07
02-13-2008, 07:55 PM
They don't deserve to be on the Steelers roster. Period.

Rhee Rhee
02-13-2008, 10:54 PM
ben looked decent and his scramble was awesome! he definiteily should've started the game...

I got to GO to the game and it was GREEEAT!

there were some hardcore steelerfans out here... probably only the packers and broncos matched us in numbers... but no one matched us in heart!

Galax Steeler
02-14-2008, 03:27 AM

:sofunny::sofunny:

HometownGal
02-14-2008, 10:27 AM

I have always believed IBoinkedMyMama to be a much better all around WR than Toofy. Though I consider him a douchebag for disrespecting our TT in 2005, he is one of the few Bungles who doesn't own an orange prison jumpsuit and he is a team player, unlike Toofy. I can't in good conscience say that his behavior in 2005 would cause me to not want to improve our WR corps should the Steelers ever have an opportunity to sign him. I don't like the guy, but I do respect his athleticism, skill and as I said above - his team 'tude.

The_WARDen
02-14-2008, 02:08 PM
You can keep those 2 punks...I'd rather have a Ward/Harrison/Fitzgerald type any day.

Elvis
02-14-2008, 02:18 PM
I am very proud of the way Ben represented the Steelers as usual. The guy is just a class act no matter where he is. I love the guy and I hope that he spends the next 10 or so years here in Pittsburgh as a Steeler!!
:tt02:

Hapa
02-14-2008, 08:42 PM
I wish he could have played more, but it definetely nice to see him play well but it was reallll weird seeing him throwing to housh and chad only.
A little bit disgusting D:

BlastFurnace
02-14-2008, 09:44 PM

You can't deny that Housh is a heck of a receiver who upgrades our unit in a big way. He gives it everything he has every game...and that is what Steeler fans want in their players.

I don't care what any of you say now, if Housh became a Steeler, all of you would be kissing his ass. I'd take him in a minute...and so would a lot of other good Steeler fans.

I saw the reaction on many boards when Quincy Morgan...an ex enemy... became a Steeler and it was instant excitement for an average receiver. Housh is an All Pro receiver. The Steeler Nation would be on fire if he ever signed with us.

tony hipchest
02-14-2008, 10:33 PM
You can't deny that Housh is a heck of a receiver who upgrades our unit in a big way. He gives it everything he has every game...and that is what Steeler fans want in their players.

I don't care what any of you say now, if Housh became a Steeler, all of you would be kissing his ass. I'd take him in a minute...and so would a lot of other good Steeler fans.

I saw the reaction on many boards when Quincy Morgan...an ex enemy... became a Steeler and it was instant excitement for an average receiver. Housh is an All Pro receiver. The Steeler Nation would be on fire if he ever signed with us.only 1 problem here....

steelers already offered housh a nice deal that he rejected for less $$$ to remain a bengal.

the steelers "settled" for c. wilson, who now has a ring.

his severe lack of judgement makes me think we are better off w/o him.

anyways, ben in the pro bowl is excellent for the ratings. highest in 8 years.

SteelersMongol
02-14-2008, 11:33 PM
I'd take Housh in a minute on the Steelers. He's a heck of a receiver and would be a great fit for us....and yes...I would forgive him for what he did with the Terrible Towell....but he must be a Steeler for that to happen.

I would NEVER EVER FORGIVE him 4 what he did 2 our towel. :coffee: Even if he played 4 us he's not gonna get any love from us. IF he plays 4 us & sucks he'll get booed & if he scores any TD, he won't get any cheering.

NyGiantz
02-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Ben looked great in the Pro Bowl as he did during the season too. This shows all those naysayers who thought Big Ben wouldn't come back from that motorcycle crash that he is indeed back and one of the elite quarterbacks in the league now.

BlastFurnace
02-15-2008, 06:03 AM
only 1 problem here....

steelers already offered housh a nice deal that he rejected for less $$$ to remain a bengal.

the steelers "settled" for c. wilson, who now has a ring.

his severe lack of judgement makes me think we are better off w/o him.

anyways, ben in the pro bowl is excellent for the ratings. highest in 8 years.

I know he was offered a contract, but that isn't what this is about. He did it out of loyalty to the Bengals organization. Jackie Robinson retired at the end of his career instead of accepting a trade to the NY Giants and that is because of his loyalty to the Dodgers....I don't think he lacked judgement for the same loyalty reasons.

If Housh ever changed his mind and signed with us when he was available, I would welcome him with open arms. I'm not saying this about you Tony, but anyone who says differently is not being truthful.

Case in point, a player barely hits the waiver wire before nearly all of the Steeler Nation wonders how "he would look in the Black N Gold"....because "He was misused where he was playing before". If T.J. were released, many who claim they wouldn't want him would probably start a 50 page Thread on this Message Board about picking him up.

BlastFurnace
02-15-2008, 06:07 AM
I would NEVER EVER FORGIVE him 4 what he did 2 our towel. :coffee: Even if he played 4 us he's not gonna get any love from us. IF he plays 4 us & sucks he'll get booed & if he scores any TD, he won't get any cheering.

Good grief, how old are you! If he was signed by us and caught a 50 yard pass in preseason he would get a standing ovation. You would probably be the one leading the cheers. He talked/did smack because of a game that basically clinched them the division....big freaking deal. Get over it.

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Honestly...I could see myself saying..."Great, Whoseyamamma caught another catch...he's still a jerk" and I'd cringe and I would spit on the floor. I liked the guy before that deal with the towel, and in fact, I'd want a flat out apology for what he did.

The fact Dallas fans embrace TO after the crap he pulled, and I don't remember him apologizing for it, makes me crazy. Taunting, is one thing, out right disrespect is another. And if I'm correct, the Bengals have NOT beaten the Steelers since he did that with the towel. And for my money, I hope they never beat us Ever again in the history of the planet.

Rhee Rhee
02-15-2008, 04:52 PM
housh is a nice guy... he's very loyal and is very passionate about his bengals and did i mention he's a great reciever... i honestly think he's much better than chad johnson...

i somehow can't imagine houshmanzadeh on the back of a steelers jersey but thats just me...

if chad johnson became a steeler... i'd cry...:crying02:

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2008, 04:56 PM
I watched the AFC practice, not the game, but the announcers on NFL Network were laughing about Ben throwing to Whoseyamma and how many letters it was between both last names.

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 05:08 PM
housh is a nice guy... he's very loyal and is very passionate about his bengals and did i mention he's a great reciever... i honestly think he's much better than chad johnson...

i somehow can't imagine houshmanzadeh on the back of a steelers jersey but thats just me...

if chad johnson became a steeler... i'd cry...:crying02:

He's a great WR, no doubt. But if you've ever watched one of his interviews (I live in Cinci), he comes across as a punk.

LVSteelersfan
02-15-2008, 05:08 PM
What sticks out in my mind about Whosyourmama is the way he acted like a little no class baby when we beat them in the playoffs a couple years ago. It was like he couldn't believe that the Steelers were the better team and was crying like a little b**** that he is. Well, TJ, the Steelers are better than the Bungles any day of the week, so GET OVER IT. I don't know how I would feel if the Steelers signed him, but I suspect he would command lots of money and the Rooneys would never pay it any way.

CantStop85
02-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Irrelevant...TJ will be a Bengal longer than Chad will, if not until he retires then close.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2008, 05:32 PM
What sticks out in my mind about Whosyourmama is the way he acted like a little no class baby when we beat them in the playoffs a couple years ago.

Isn't that the case with every player and fan associated with that organization, counting the HC?

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Irrelevant...TJ will be a Bengal longer than Chad will, if not until he retires then close.

Agreed.

You're stuck with both Toofer and Iboinkmymama. :sofunny:

steelpride12
02-16-2008, 08:57 AM
How i see it, i guess i would take both players def. Housh because a clutch receiver could truly fit well into our style of offense.
I will never forgive him for the terrible towel incident, but he would have a change of heart if he became a steeler no doubt!

HometownGal
02-16-2008, 12:09 PM

You could be right there, CS85, but for the right price, TJ will bolt faster than you can say "the Bungles suck". :wink02::flap:

SteelersJW
02-16-2008, 08:41 PM
A lot of those guys at the Pro Bowl, even if they're on rivaling teams, seem to get along really well. I'd take Ocho Cinco or TJ if they could keep playing at an All-pro level.

TeeJay
02-17-2008, 12:05 PM
shoot...I knew I should have spent a bit more time on my Forum name! :dang:

But hey, T and J are my first initials, and seeing as I'm older than Hous..Hou.........I'll give up now...... I get first dibs at the name - so I'm off to the patent office....assuming I can get past all those Pats officials returning their patents!

It's funny, after watching the Super Bowl XL Champions DVD and seeing TJ and Chad laughing with Ward on the sidelines after Ward mimiced CJ's dance I kinda liked the guy. Then a few games later....he did THAT to a TT...unforgiveable.

As for whether he could ever wear a Steelers Jersey....probably. He'd just have to stand in the middle of Heinz field, and wipe his arse with a Bungles shirt first.

No doubt he is a good receiver, and he's tall....but I prefer Cedric. :helmet:, and absolutely postively Hines Ward TJ ain't!

Could be worse though...they could say Brady was coming here!!! *gags*
*Edited tongue in cheek...then realises what he wrote and actually does throw up*

Tony19
02-18-2008, 06:04 AM
I hate him, anyone who disrespects a Terrible Towel dosen't deserve to play for the greatest franchise in hte NFL.

stillers4me
02-18-2008, 08:31 AM
As for whether he could ever wear a Steelers Jersey....probably. He'd just have to stand in the middle of Heinz field, and wipe his arse with a Bungles shirt first.

And I would pay to see that!

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-18-2008, 08:33 AM

...We will need a couple of jerseys....TJ is all ARSE.

Mistah_Q
02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
This wasn't worth a new thread so I put it here. How bout some Flea Flickers!
http://steelcentral.net/images/fleaflickersm.jpg