PDA

View Full Version : Patriots have been taping opponents since 2000!

Pages : [1] 2

nojobny
02-13-2008, 09:11 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2008/02/13/goodell_says_he_has_no_regrets_about_destroying_sp y_tapes/

Specter: Belichick was taping since 2000

WASHINGTON?Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

"There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over," Specter said.

Specter said Goodell gave him that information during the 1-hour, 40-minute meeting, which was requested by Specter so the commissioner could explain his reasons for destroying the Spygate tapes and notes.

"There were a great many questions answered by Commissioner Goodell," Specter, the senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, told reporters after the meeting. "I found a lot of questions unanswerable because of the tapes and notes had been destroyed."

Goodell said Belichick told him he believed the taping was legal; Goodell said he did not concur.

"He said that's always been his interpretation since he's been the head coach," the commissioner said. "We are going to agree to disagree on the facts."

Specter, from Pennsylvania, wants to talk to other league officials about what exactly was taped and which games may have been compromised.

"We have a right to have honest football games," he said.

Goodell noted that "we were the ones that disclosed" the Patriots' illegal taping of the New York Jets' defensive signals in Week 1 of last season. Further, Goodell said, they had an admission by Belichick.

"I have nothing to hide," Goodell said.

Goodell also told Specter that that he doesn't regret destroying the Spygate tapes or the notes.

"I think it was the right thing to do," Goodell said.

Still, Specter wants to know why penalties were imposed on Belichick before the full extent of the wrongdoing was known and the tapes destroyed in a two-week span. Asked if he thinks there was a coverup, Specter demurred.

"There was an enormous amount of haste," Specter said.

He scoffed at the reasons Goodell gave for destroying the tapes and notes, particularly about trying to keep them out of competitors' hands and because Belichick had admitted to the taping.

"What's that got to do with it? There's an admission of guilt, you preserve the evidence," Specter said. As for keeping the tapes out of the hands of others: "All you have to do is lock up the tapes."

Belichick was fined $500,000 and the team was fined $250,000 because of the Spygate incident. The Patriots also forfeited a first-round draft pick.

Specter has questioned the quality of the NFL's investigation into the matter and raised the possibility of congressional hearings if he wasn't satisfied with Goodell's answers. Specter also raised the threat of Congress canceling the league's antitrust exemption and reiterated that in the meeting with Goodell.

Goodell also said he has not heard from Matt Walsh, the former Patriots employee who performed some videotaping duties for the team.

Walsh told The Associated Press last week during the Pro Bowl in Hawaii that he couldn't talk about allegations that he taped a walkthrough practice by the St. Louis Rams before the 2002 Super Bowl. New England, a two-touchdown underdog, won that game 20-17.

Goodell said he has offered Walsh a deal whereby "he has to tell the truth and he has to return anything he took improperly" in return for indemnity. Specter said he, too, wanted to talk to Walsh and perhaps offer a different deal.

Goodell also said he reserves the right to reopen the investigation if more information is uncovered.

ajs8207
02-13-2008, 09:26 PM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/13/senator-specter-says-the-patriots-taped-the-steelers-twice-durin/

I'm not surprised. Thoughts?

83-Steelers-43
02-13-2008, 09:50 PM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/13/senator-specter-says-the-patriots-taped-the-steelers-twice-durin/

I find some of the fan posts amusing. Like this one.....

1. When is this gonna end? Let the Patriots be. They already have it down,...the ultimate choke in sports history!!!!!

Easy for this guy to say, he's not the one spending good money on tickets, beer and food at Heinz Field every year expecting a fair game. Get back to me when you spend that type of money (counting playoffs) only to find out later that the team you lost to may have cheated.

So because they lost the Super Bowl this year, all should be forgotten and forgiven? What an idiot. He should get a job at ESPN or the Boston Globe, they would love him over there.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
02-13-2008, 09:59 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2008/02/13/goodell_says_he_has_no_regrets_about_destroying_sp y_tapes/

Specter: Belichick was taping since 2000

Doesn't this contradict what Godell told everyone after all the shit hit the fan. Didn't he say there was no videotaping before 2005? What a bunch of freaking cheating liars both the NFL and Beliprick

Dodt
02-13-2008, 10:00 PM
this makes me wonder , does anybody care that Sen. Arlen Specter got some money from comcast and comcast has some problems with the nfl network.

83-Steelers-43
02-13-2008, 10:03 PM
this makes me wonder , does anybody care that Sen. Arlen Specter got some money from comcast and comcast has some problems with the nfl network.

I care more about upholding the integrity of the game. I really don't care who blows the whistle on that pathetic organization up in New England.

Somebody needs to do it, obviously the powers that be in the NFL did not bother to when this all broke earlier in the year. They (Patriots and Goodell) wanted it pushed under the rug and out of the media ASAP.

I don't care if Arlen Specter received money from La Cosa Nostra.

SteelCityMan786
02-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Wow, New England's scandal may go till next year.

fansince'76
02-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Of course, the Pats* fans spew the same old drivel, right on cue:

I, for one, certainly hope that Senator Specter continues with his attacks. If he does, you can bet your last dime that Bill Belichick is prepared, and ready with all the evidence he needs, to expose all of the other coaches, and teams, that were doing the same thing, one way or the other, for years and years.

Yep, the old "everybody does it" schtick. :blah:

Many former coaches have already said it was common practice, not always by video though. For example, Mike Shanahan of the Broncos said they used binoculars.

The only difference was that Belichick was smart enough to make better use out of the information he got compared to other coaches who didnt have the ability to make use of the information.

Maybe that's because the (HUGE) difference between a pair of binoculars (fairly long distance) and videotape (recorded from about 10-15 feet away) is that the videotape is a fairly permanent record which is reviewable over and over and over again. Keep drinking the RW&B Kool-Aid. Dumbass. :coffee:

ajs8207
02-13-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm wondering if Rooney knew. He is one of the commissioner's biggest supporters.

Dodt
02-13-2008, 10:20 PM
i don't like the fact that i'm living in a tainted era of sports . but i am greatful that members of congress are doing something about this . i hope there actions are looked upon with courage not to be laughed at by history.

Boss Smiley
02-13-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't understand what all the hoopla is about. To me the fact that Congress is getting involved in a matter that was resolved months ago is totally stupid, and I'm pissed that my tax dollars are being used for something so stupid.

Belichick believed the taping was legal, and he and the team were punished for it. IMO it was actually pretty clever, getting an advantage over your opponent to win games. Arlen Specter is a retard.

fansince'76
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't understand what all the hoopla is about. To me the fact that Congress is getting involved in a matter that was resolved months ago is totally stupid, and I'm pissed that my tax dollars are being used for something so stupid.

Belichick believed the taping was legal, and he and the team were punished for it. IMO it was actually pretty clever, getting an advantage over your opponent to win games. Arlen Specter is a retard.

You ate paint chips as a kid, didn't you? :coffee:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
02-13-2008, 11:02 PM
You ate paint chips as a kid, didn't you? :coffee:

:toofunny: That was funny thanks I needed that.

Dodt
02-13-2008, 11:26 PM
any chance we could get 360 more quotes from ya boss smily my get fuzzy day to day calendar isn't as funny as last years.

Rhee Rhee
02-13-2008, 11:27 PM
i don't like the fact that i'm living in a tainted era of sports . but i am greatful that members of congress are doing something about this . i hope there actions are looked upon with courage not to be laughed at by history.

i agree totally that at least someone is doing something about this... (let's petition to hang goodell)

even if they are given an asterik to me it's not enough... an asterik is just a little more ink... if found guilty take away all rings and ban belichick from coaching... erase any history of NE ever winning anything and take away their 18-1 season... that i would LOVE

Dodt
02-13-2008, 11:31 PM
so how long before we get a black socks moment ie "say it ain't so joe."

MACH1
02-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Kinda funny how bad beliprick sucked as the browns coach then he becomes a coaching god, wait I mean fraud at ne*. :hunch:

Edman
02-13-2008, 11:52 PM
That asterisk is getting bigger and bigger by the day as Belichick's "genius" is exposed.

jjpro11
02-13-2008, 11:57 PM
belichick is the biggest cheat in this era of sports.. im still convinced he messed with teams' radio communication also.

Dodt
02-13-2008, 11:58 PM
well if this ruins his career in football belicheat can always do ads for sony camcorders.(don't forget to mention the great zoom feature.)

MACH1
02-14-2008, 12:01 AM
belichick is the biggest cheat in this era of sports.. im still convinced he messed with teams' radio communication also.

That I wouldnt doubt. Too many teams having the same communication problems over the years against them. How was it put? Where theres smoke theres fire.

Crushzilla
02-14-2008, 12:31 AM

Tax dollars? What about the people in Allegheny County who dished out money to build Heinz Field? Or the people with PSLs who, also, contributed their hard earned money to build a venue where two teams would engage in an NFL sanctioned LEGAL match up.

Now The Patriots come into that venue TWICE in a single season and violate the rules both times.

Belicheat thought it was legal? So we should reward his ignorance to a set of rules that he is OBLIGATED to follow? When he violates them he is "clever?" Are you freaking serious? You, my friend, have taken Belicheat's "genius" o a WHOLE new level.

Allow me to quote a scene from one of the most f'd up movies I've ever seen: Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.

If you shoot someone in the head with a .45 every time you kill somebody, it becomes like your fingerprint, see? But if you strangle one, stab another, and one you cut up, and one you don't, then the police don't know what to do. They think you're four different people...

Serial Killers are pretty clever, too, in "getting an advantage" over the authorities.

Its only fair that we let 'em off the hook for being so good at breaking the law.

Right?

Its your logic, man, not mine...

steelwall
02-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the rules, just as in law. You can't just say I didnt know hit and run was illegal and get out of it... or " I didnt know being sloppy drunk in public is illegal......geez

You can't tell me in ALL his "Genious" he didnt know the rule about video taping opponents signals, and as I said before, ignorance of the rules/law is no excuse.

Maybe in Goodall's mind he wanted to sweap this under the rug to maintain a good image of the NFL....how retarded....

On another board I said that the game between the Jets and the Pats should have been forfeited by the pats after the win, since cheating was proven... I was basiclly called an idiot there for that remark, hense they can kiss my a$$ over there.

HometownGal
02-14-2008, 07:48 AM

I didn't realize trolls paid taxes to live under a bridge.

Beliprick* and the Pats weren't punished - they were given a slap on the wrist. I can bet you dollars to donuts that if the roles were reversed, you Pats* fans would be infecting every football BB known to mankind, blubbering and moaning about how you were cheated. There are 31 teams in the NFL who were scammed by the Pats* and I for one am happy that Kraft and Goodell aren't going to be able to keep the dust swept under the rug.

I'm glad Senator Specter is tightening the noose around Beliprick's*, Kraft's* and Goodell's necks. :thumbsup: Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of cheating jagoffs.

stillers4me
02-14-2008, 07:52 AM
If I recall correctly, didn't a memo go out right before the season started that basically said," no videotaping allowed and that means you, Belicheater*.......coz we're on to your sorry ass"????

How can he claim ignorance?

And the whole green dot on the QB's helmet deal. Wasn't that because an "unnamed team" was believed to be using more than one helmet with a radio in it................."and that means you Belicheater* ......coz we're on to your sorry ass"?????

He was warned.

lilyoder6
02-14-2008, 08:00 AM
goodell didn't even bother to investogate the spygate.. in a 2 week span of week 1 the tapes and notes were destroyed, why would evidence be destroyed if something this big happened?? and roger going to brady and asking him if he knew about the tapes and that would decide the fate?? bs i think roger was trying to cover this up

Dino 6 Rings
02-14-2008, 08:42 AM
if Burress makes the catch on the fade in the endzone and we don't "settle" for a field goal, and get the 7 and bring the game back within one score...does any of this matter?

IF they cheated, or in some way gained an unfair advantage, that sux, but had we executed the way were capable of, and had Ben not tossed a pass to the TE that Harrison jumped on (which taping has zero bearing on) that game goes our way. The highlights of that game show Cowher saying, "don't throw it ben" and he does, and the rest sux for us.

Now, had they ever messed with communications, or video taped SB walk throughs, that's highly illegal. Stealing signs, that crap don't bother me. Heck, the Tampa Bay Bucs, Knew every single Oakland Raider play call in that superbowl and every audible. They were laughing during the game everytime the Raiders were on offense. In the playoffs, you should change your signs, and use fake signs, and do whatever you can to throw the other team off. Sorry, but we didn't lose that game because they knew our defenisive signals.

And I bleed black and gold. But I will not make excuses for poor execution.

stillers4me
02-14-2008, 08:57 AM
if Burress makes the catch on the fade in the endzone and we don't "settle" for a field goal, and get the 7 and bring the game back within one score...does any of this matter?

IF they cheated, or in some way gained an unfair advantage, that sux, but had we executed the way were capable of, and had Ben not tossed a pass to the TE that Harrison jumped on (which taping has zero bearing on) that game goes our way. The highlights of that game show Cowher saying, "don't throw it ben" and he does, and the rest sux for us.

Now, had they ever messed with communications, or video taped SB walk throughs, that's highly illegal. Stealing signs, that crap don't bother me. Heck, the Tampa Bay Bucs, Knew every single Oakland Raider play call in that superbowl and every audible. They were laughing during the game everytime the Raiders were on offense. In the playoffs, you should change your signs, and use fake signs, and do whatever you can to throw the other team off. Sorry, but we didn't lose that game because they knew our defenisive signals.

Not excusing poor execution on our part. Not every play in the games leading to Superbowl XL on the Steelers part was pretty but we found a way to win. What's being said is, that if the Pats* had an unfair advantage by their taping habits, then that COULD swing things their way enough to come out ahead when the final buzzer rings. And that's not fair to every single team in the NFL who played by the rules for the entire season just to watch the Pats* mow down the competition by breaking the rules year after year. Not to mention the fans of all the teams who bought tickets to games, paid for cable and satellite broadcasts, and forked out megabucks for NFL licensed merchandise just have a bunch of cheaters win.

If the Pats* had won the Superbowl this year, I'd have felt like the whole season was an enormous waste of time, money, and emotional investment on my part. We made mistakes, that's why we lost to the Jags. But if we had had the advantages that the Pats* had over their opponents, then the mistakes may not have cost us the game. How many other teams came close to beating the Pats* this year. Several. I'm sure there are many more over the last several seasons that almost beat them but now are wondering if the win would have been theirs if not for suspect activity by the Pats*.

Players and coaches lose their jobs when teams lose. How many people have been affected by Belipricks* shenanigans?

Edman
02-14-2008, 09:01 AM

Then why do it? Why tape signals? That's the million dollar question.

Yes, the Steelers executed poorly in that game, but you're living in a fantasy world if you believe that taping signals had nothing or little bearing on the outcome. The Pats are sneaky cheats, but they're not stupid.

stillers4me
02-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Then why do it? Why tape signals? That's the million dollar question.

Yes, the Steelers executed poorly in that game, but you're living in a fantasy world if you believe that taping signals had nothing or little bearing on the outcome. The Pats are sneaky cheats, but they're not stupid.

Bingo.

People got paid by the Pats* to do the taping and put all the information together and get it back to the coaches and players. They obviously felt it was worth the investment.

Dino 6 Rings
02-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Look, I just don't want to be accused of "crying" about it. Why tape the signals...because you do think that it will help you, but my problem is, how does that then work, does a guy on the Pats side, watch Dick L send in the defensive signal, then in turn, call it down to the O Coordinator who then, knowing our defensive signal calls a play that will hurt our call. How can you be sure you got the right signal, that our D won't audible at the line as well, that we aren't showing you something that we hope you think you see and all that. Against the Colts in 05, Porter "we are going to line, then we hold it, he'll audible, we hold it, then, we still hold it" defenses can make quick changes, especially in the secondary or with blitzes. You'd be taking a lot of risk hoping that you got our "corner blitz" call right and that you're screen pass is going to work in the 30 seconds between plays.

Dino 6 Rings
02-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Now, if the Pats were using illegal radio signals, and when the ear piece was supposed to be turned off, and Brady was at the line and then, someone whispered in his ear, "the blitz is coming from your left"

That...That I have a big effing problem with and that is what I would like to hear more about.

HometownGal
02-14-2008, 10:15 AM

http://randyelrod.typepad.com/ethos/images/boo_1.jpg

:tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato: :wink02:

I bleed black and gold too, but no matter how you slice it Dino, there is NO excuse for cheating. Zip, zilch, nada - NONE.

Look out Cheatsies* - Arlen is gonna get you. :jammin:

tony hipchest
02-14-2008, 10:38 AM
the sad thing here is goodell has backed himself into a corner and really looks like an imbicile and a liar. his constant backtracking is making it 10X worse. heres from his state of the league address before the superbowl-

I believe there were six tapes :confused: and in fact, in one of the tapes, one of the coaches was waving at the camera, indicating that they understood that they were being taped. I think as far as the actual effectiveness of taping signals, as you all know, taking signals from opposing football teams or in other sports is done and it is done quite widely and teams prepare for that. There isn't a team that doesn't go into a game prepared for that because of the complex nature of the way they handle either their wristbands, different coaches sending signals in live or not. They all protect against that. I think it probably had a limited effect, if any effect, on the outcome on any game.

He "believes"????? you mean he dont know for certain?????

Was there any indication that the confiscated tapes may have benefited the Patriots in any of the Super Bowl victories that they had?

"No, there was no indication that it benefited them in any of the Super Bowl victories. I think I've said before and I've repeated here, I'm not sure that there is a coach in the league that doesn't expect that their signals are being intercepted by opposing teams. That's why they go to great lengths. I think it was coach (Bill) Parcells earlier this season who said, 'Any coach that doesn't expect his signals to be stolen is stupid.' It's pretty simple but teams understand that it's a risk and they prepare for that. I don't believe it affected the outcome of any games."

if hes so sure the taping had no benefits whatsoever, why is he so paranoid that he had how many ever he "believes" there were, destroyed?

does he really fear 31 other teams breaking into NFL offices in NYC, to steal the tapes that provide no advantage? is he worried that his secretary will steal them and leak them to the rest of the league?

this reeks of a cover up. hes talking out of both sides of his mouth and is a horrible liar. if nothing is on the tapes, why destroy them? why all the lies?

roger screwed the pooch on this one. only retarded patfans cant see it.

fansince'76
02-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Not excusing poor execution on our part. Not every play in the games leading to Superbowl XL on the Steelers part was pretty but we found a way to win. What's being said is, that if the Pats* had an unfair advantage by their taping habits, then that COULD swing things their way enough to come out ahead when the final buzzer rings. And that's not fair to every single team in the NFL who played by the rules for the entire season just to watch the Pats* mow down the competition by breaking the rules year after year.

Not only that, but the Pats* didn't "mow down" anybody in the SB - they "won" 3 SBs by a FG apiece and a combined 9 points. Not exactly Bears/Pats, Niners/Broncos-type blowouts. They were NEVER heads-and-tails better than anybody they faced in the SB. Kinda funny that they lost this SB and for some reason weren't able to make the "miraculous" halftime adjustments that they were in the past, isn't it? Something still stinks in the state of Denmark.

klick81
02-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Not only that, but the Pats* didn't "mow down" anybody in the SB - they "won" 3 SBs by a FG apiece and a combined 9 points. Not exactly Bears/Pats, Niners/Broncos-type blowouts. They were NEVER heads-and-tails better than anybody they faced in the SB. Kinda funny that they lost this SB and for some reason weren't able to make the "miraculous" halftime adjustments that they were in the past, isn't it? Something still stinks in the state of Denmark.

You can't make a better argument than this folks. You take their ability to cheat away, you take their ability to make adjustments. Period.

Dino 6 Rings
02-14-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm just upset with myself now for being getting a "boo" from HTG....

I feel low and dirty now...

klick81
02-14-2008, 11:30 AM
LOL....it was a funny 'boo' though.

Dino 6 Rings
02-14-2008, 11:35 AM
I need to shower, a boo from HTG is like a kiss of death...oh man...

rbryan
02-14-2008, 12:10 PM

We could fill volumes with everything you don't understand but thats beside the point. Obviously nobody outside of patsieville was satisfied with the bogus answers given by Bellichick and Goodell earlier this year. Get used to it Smiley this sh!tstorm has just begun. Maybe time to jump on somebody elses bandwagon??

SteelerFanInCA
02-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Just another bone heads pats fan who has no frickin clue. Damn cheats. I sure hope the story grows and the truth gets revealed.

Pats and their dumb ass arrogant fans just disgust me!!!! :dang:

Phoenixus
02-14-2008, 01:20 PM
I get a kick out of this really,

For YEARS I kept looking at the Patriots going... my god that is a weak ass team when you really look at it. How the Fk do they keep winning?

Seems like everytime they play us suddenly and mysteriously they stop everything and pick up every blitz we run at them.

Back in 2001 I remember when they beat us in the AFC championship and thats exactly what seemed to happen. When they beat us in 2004 again in the AFC championship it was the same thing.

I remember when everyone was bitching at Cowher for not being a very good strategist come playoff time and I was one who believed the same because he always seemed to be out gameplanned when it came to the AFC Championship games and the Patriots specifically.

Suddenly and mysteriously the one year we didn't play the Patriots in the Championship game... we went to the Superbowl.

Turns out, it looks more like the Patriots just cheated everytime the Championship game came along...

Making their Superbowl wins... fake ones.

The biggest Irony in all this... is that now of all times they really do have a very good championship caliber team and no longer need to cheat to win, but now, no one will believe them.

Dino 6 Rings
02-14-2008, 01:47 PM
The biggest Irony in all this... is that now of all times they really do have a very good championship caliber team and no longer need to cheat to win, but now, no one will believe them.

HA! You're right about that, no one will believe them.

steeler43pa
02-14-2008, 01:57 PM
I find it hard to believe that all teams have cheated to the extent of this. Think about it. Why then were they the only one that have gotten caught? To my knowledge no other teams have complained about any other team video taping them. It has only been the Patriots. I believe the tapes and notes would have blown the doors off the NFL. That is why Roger destroyed them. This scandal is so big going back through 3 of their Super Bowls, the NFL had no other choice but to destroy the tapes. They wanted this to go away fast. Even the media seemed to make it like it was no big deal. However stealing just signs couldn't be it. It had to be audio also. People are saying about only having 30 seconds between plays and them not having the time to decipher all the calls. Well look at their games after halftime. See how well they do. This also had to go from the top of the organization down to their QB. Sorry Brady lovers, he was in on it to. Or at least knew about it. Somebody up in the box monitors the signals then radio's directly to Brady. It didn't have to go through the OC then to Brady. The bottom line is that if the Tapes and Notes were no big deal and didn't impact any of their games then I believe all of us NFL fans and the other 31 Teams
would have been told by the league and Roger what they contained. Then guess what. That would have been the end of the story. We would not still be discussing it today. I believe it did change the games and most importantly their SB's. That is why the evidence is now gone. It is the only thing that makes sense. I hope that soon one of their people in the organization or one that used to work for them blows the whistle on it. They get their just due and the rest of us get justice. Sorry for the book.

Dino 6 Rings
02-14-2008, 02:06 PM
See, now that, I have a huge freaking problem with.

Dino 6 Rings
02-14-2008, 02:08 PM
if someone did in fact call the defensive signal directly to Brady at the moment it was going on during the game. Not for scouting, but actually real timed info to Brady...that is 100% illegal.

steeler43pa
02-14-2008, 02:40 PM
if someone did in fact call the defensive signal directly to Brady at the moment it was going on during the game. Not for scouting, but actually real timed info to Brady...that is 100% illegal.

Lets tell Goodall this. Untill you prove otherwise that is what I believe. I'm sorry. Once again why destroy the tapes and notes. Only the league and the cheats knows what they did. The rest of the 31 teams and fans deserve to know. Pat fans can call Spector all the names they want. What he is doing is right.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Well, now that the Patriots and Goodell have been exposed as being in bed together, I think the following things need to happen:

1. Robert Kraft, if he knew what was going on (and he probally did), needs to be kicked out of the NFL. Stripped of his ownership and banned.

2. Bill Bellichick needs to be banned from the NFL, a la Pete Rose from MLB. No Hall of Fame, nothing for him.

3. I don't know what to do about the Patriots Championships and records. Astericks? I don't think that's enough. Erase their Championships? Then what do you do about the AFC Championships and Super Bowls? Do we award the Championships to the teams that the Patriots beat? If so, what do we do with the AFC losses by the Steelers and Colts? Do they get penalized with a Super Bowl loss that they never played in? Or will the record books look like this:

2001 AFC Champions: No Championship Awarded* (Championship Forfeited by New England Patriots for cheating)
2002 AFC Champions: Oakland Raiders
2003 AFC Champions: No Championship Awarded* (Championship Forfeited by New England Patriots for cheating)
2004 AFC Champion: No Championship Awarded* (Championship Forfeited by New England Patriots for cheating)
2005 AFC Champion: Pittsburgh Steelers
2006 AFC Champion: Indianapolis Colts
2007 AFC Champion: New England Patriots

Super Bowl XXXVI Champion: No Championship Awarded* (Championship Forfeited by New England Patriots for cheating)
Super Bowl XXXVII Champion: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Super Bowl XXXVIII Champion: No Championship Awarded* (Championship Forfeited by New England Patriots for cheating)
Super Bowl XXXIX Champion: No Championship Awarded* (Championship Forfeited by New England Patriots for cheating)
Super Bowl XL Champion: Pittsburgh Steelers
Super Bowl XLI Champion: Indianapolis Colts
Super Bowl XLII Champion: New York Giants

Or do we award the championships to the St. Louis Rams, Carolina Panthers, and Philadelphia Eagles...even though they never won the game?

lilyoder6
02-14-2008, 02:48 PM
i think goodell tried to get this over too quickly, if walsh does come forward with this taping i would say to strip them of all championships..

steeler43pa
02-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Well, now that the Patriots and Goodell have been exposed as being in bed together, I think the following things need to happen:

1. Robert Kraft, if he knew what was going on (and he probally did), needs to be kicked out of the NFL. Stripped of his ownership and banned.

2. Bill Bellichick needs to be banned from the NFL, a la Pete Rose from MLB. No Hall of Fame, nothing for him.

3. I don't know what to do about the Patriots Championships and records. Astericks? I don't think that's enough. Erase their Championships? Then what do you do about the AFC Championships and Super Bowls? Do we award the Championships to the teams that the Patriots beat? If so, what do we do with the AFC losses by the Steelers and Colts? Do they get penalized with a Super Bowl loss that they never played in? Or will the record books look like this:

2001 AFC Champions: No Championship Awarded* (Championship Forfeited by New England Patriots for cheating)
2002 AFC Champions: Oakland Raiders
2003 AFC Champions: No Championship Awarded* (Championship Forfeited by New England Patriots for cheating)
2004 AFC Champion: No Championship Awarded* (Championship Forfeited by New England Patriots for cheating)
2005 AFC Champion: Pittsburgh Steelers
2006 AFC Champion: Indianapolis Colts
2007 AFC Champion: New England Patriots

Super Bowl XXXVI Champion: No Championship Awarded* (Championship Forfeited by New England Patriots for cheating)
Super Bowl XXXVII Champion: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Super Bowl XXXVIII Champion: No Championship Awarded* (Championship Forfeited by New England Patriots for cheating)
Super Bowl XXXIX Champion: No Championship Awarded* (Championship Forfeited by New England Patriots for cheating)
Super Bowl XL Champion: Pittsburgh Steelers
Super Bowl XLI Champion: Indianapolis Colts
Super Bowl XLII Champion: New York Giants

Or do we award the championships to the St. Louis Rams, Carolina Panthers, and Philadelphia Eagles...even though they never won the game?

I think you hit the nail on the head as far as the record books go. I don't think any of the teams that lost to the Patriots want a gimme so how you have it looks fair to me.

steeler43pa
02-14-2008, 03:31 PM
#1 - :iagree:

#2 - :iagree:

#3 - I also like the way you have the games recorded here. The fact that it's listed as a forfeit due to cheating serves as a reminder to all future generations that the Pats cheated to win, and ended up losing big in the end!

Problem is........ most likely none of this will ever happen.

Well lets hope that Spector thinks his questions have not been answered to the extent he thinks they should have and launches a formal investigation. That would bring in this Walsh guy and the other video guy to testify as to what really went on.

Mistah_Q
02-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Maybe the Patriots should be forced to move. . . to Los Angeles :sofunny:

NJarhead
02-14-2008, 06:02 PM

If it weren't for the fact that you used the word "hoopla" I'd bet you weren't old enough to have a job and pay taxes. So now I'm left to wonder what kind of a job you might have and the only thing I can come up with is that you're the "low man on the totum pole" in an asbestos removal company....., who apparently isn't meeting OSHA standards.

Yea, you know what I'm gettin' at. :wink02:

The Patriot
02-14-2008, 07:27 PM
We should dissolve the Patriots franchise and ban every coach and player. Only after we publicly lynch Belichick will we know for sure that videotaping no longer exists in the NFL.

stillers4me
02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
We should dissolve the Patriots franchise and ban every coach and player. Only after we publicly lynch Belichick will we know for sure that videotaping no longer exists in the NFL.

Don't forget the tar and feathers.

TackleMeBen
02-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Specter Says the Patriots Taped the Steelers Twice During 2004 Season
Posted Feb 13th 2008 7:39PM by Ryan Wilson
Filed under: Patriots, Steelers, AFC East, AFC North, NFL Fans, Featured Stories

Well, it looks like Senator Arlen Specter didn't get around to talking about the NFL's antitrust exemption during today's meet-and-greet with commissioner Roger Goodell. As Michael David Smith wrote earlier, Specter learned that the Patriots have been videotaping opponents since 2000, something that wasn't clear when the league concluded its investigation in September.

In a post-meeting press conference, Specter elaborated. The senator said that "there were notes showing that the Steelers games had been taped." Specifically, two contests during the 2004 season: one on Oct. 31, and the other, the AFC Championship, on Jan. 27.

A couple of things worth pointing out: Pittsburgh smoked the Patriots in the first meeting, 34-20, sacking Tom Brady four times and picking him off twice. Three months later, the two teams met in the conference finals. Unsurprisingly (in hindsight), the Patriots won 41-27, and Brady, sacked just twice in the rematch, finished 14 of 21 for 207 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions.

Did New England gain an advantage from having videotaped Pittsburgh during the teams' first meeting? There isn't enough evidence to say that, yes, unequivocally the Patriots won because they had the Steelers' defensive signals. But it would also be na?ve to suggest that having access to that information had no bearing on the outcome. If that were true, Matthew Estrella (and Matt Walsh before him) wouldn't have had a job.
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...s-twice-durin/

The Patriot
02-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Don't forget the tar and feathers.

And then we ride him out of town on a rusty rail! That must really hurt.

Steeler in Carolina
02-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Not to downplay what the Patriots did, but shouldn't Spector have some more important business to take care of. How about getting out troops out of Iraq. Or, lower gas prices. Something more important.

MACH1
02-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Not to downplay what the Patriots did, but shouldn't Spector have some more important business to take care of. How about getting out troops out of Iraq. Or, lower gas prices. Something more important.

Or ferreting out a cover up.

The Patriot
02-14-2008, 08:41 PM
I actually did some research on this guy. Want to here the greatest irony ever? In 2003 Spector called into question President Bush's unwarrented surviellancing of USA citizens because it violated the 4th Amendment. Bush gained this ability in an executive bill called the Patriot Act! :eyecrazy:

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2008, 08:52 PM
I actually did some research on this guy. Want to here the greatest irony ever? In 2003 Spector called into question President Bush's unwarrented surviellancing of USA citizens because it violated the 4th Amendment. Bush gained this ability in an executive bill called the Patriot Act! :eyecrazy:

Yeah well, he's good at sniffing stuff out. :hunch:

RoethlisBURGHer
02-14-2008, 08:52 PM

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the National Football League has an anti-trust exemption. That puts them at a special status that only they, Major League Baseball, and I think the NBA and NHL have.

I think that's a big reason why the government is getting involved with the affairs of both the NFL and MLB. The government, by granting the exceptions, has put them up on a pedistil. They don't want the cheating because in the end, it'll make our own government look bad for giving said exemptions to the leagues.

Atlanta Dan
02-14-2008, 09:11 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the National Football League has an anti-trust exemption. That puts them at a special status that only they, Major League Baseball, and I think the NBA and NHL have.

I think that's a big reason why the government is getting involved with the affairs of both the NFL and MLB. The government, by granting the exceptions, has put them up on a pedistil. They don't want the cheating because in the end, it'll make our own government look bad for giving said exemptions to the leagues.

It of course has nothing to do with politicians enjoying the media exposure.

As evidenced by that bi-partisan shamefest yesterday (the Clemens saga is notable for everyone involved with it being unsympathetic) a politician will run over his or her grandmother to get on TV.

Atlanta Dan
02-14-2008, 09:12 PM
And then we ride him out of town on a rusty rail! That must really hurt.

Only after boiling him in oil

SteelersJW
02-14-2008, 09:18 PM
How much more can the Patriots possibly piss people off, you know?

Borski
02-14-2008, 09:18 PM

Maybe the Pats thought the bill was for them? :hunch:

The Patriot
02-14-2008, 09:19 PM
It of course has nothing to do with politicians enjoying the media exposure.

As evidenced by that bi-partisan shamefest yesterday (the Clemens saga is notable for everyone involved with it being unsympathetic) a politician will run over his or her grandmother to get on TV.

They're drama queens. They impeached Bill because he was fooling around in a closet somewhere. Find me a politician who isn't.

HometownGal
02-14-2008, 09:32 PM
I need to shower, a boo from HTG is like a kiss of death...oh man...

You probably do need a shower after all of the tomatoes I tossed at ya. :wink02::flap:

:tomato::tomato::tomato:

HometownGal
02-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Only after boiling him in oil

I wouldn't waste a vat of good oil on that letch.

Hang him from a tree by his belt buckle, cover him in paper mache, give each of the other 31 NFL team owners a stick and let them poke the pinata. :poke:

The Patriot
02-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Maybe the Pats thought the bill was for them? :hunch:

I like the way you think. You should come be a Patriots fan. Now is a great time. We just lost half our season ticket holders.

tony hipchest
02-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Not to downplay what the Patriots did, but shouldn't Spector have some more important business to take care of. How about getting out troops out of Iraq. Or, lower gas prices. Something more important.specter dont need to worry about that.

im already on it. :thumbsup:

Borski
02-14-2008, 10:16 PM
I like the way you think. You should come be a Patriots fan. Now is a great time. We just lost half our season ticket holders.

Hell no! but thanks for the offer :cheers:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
02-14-2008, 11:40 PM
http://postgazette.com/pg/08046/857665-66.stm

Specter: Patriots filmed Steelers 4 times
Friday, February 15, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter said yesterday that he has a list of witnesses and will pursue the "Spygate" case against the New England Patriots that he said involved four games against the Steelers, including two AFC championship games.

"I think Steelers fans have a lot to be concerned about this and I'm one of them,'' Mr. Specter told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in an interview yesterday, adding that "maybe Steelers ownership should think about it a little."

Specter met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for more than an hour Wednesday to discuss why evidence turned over by the Patriots that documented their illegal videotaping of opposing coaches' signals was destroyed. He said he was not satisfied with Mr. Goodell's explanation.

"I questioned him very closely why they destroyed the tapes and notes,'' said Mr. Specter, a Republican and the senior senator from Pennsylvania. "He gave an answer that made no sense, saying they destroyed them so no one could gain a competitive advantage. But if they put them under lock and key, they couldn't have access to them."

Greg Aiello, NFL senior vice president of public relations, referred to Mr. Goodell's news conference on Wednesday, where the commissioner said, "I think we are going to agree to disagree on certain things, including my view that we had an admission of guilt and, therefore, there was no reason for the tapes to be kept."

Mr. Specter said he specifically asked if they had any notes on the Steelers that were destroyed, and said NFL lawyer Jeffrey Pass indicated notes turned over by the Patriots indicated that four games were involved -- the AFC championship games in Heinz Field at the end of the 2001 and 2004 seasons, and two regular-season games in 2002 and 2004. The Steelers lost three of those games, winning in the regular season in 2004.

"The commissioner confirmed the taping had been going on since the year 2000,'' Mr. Specter said. "He made no valid explanation for [destroying the evidence]. There are a couple other major problems he had, to say the least."

One problem, the senator said, is that Mr. Goodell imposed a $500,000 fine on Patriots coach Bill Belichick, a $250,000 fine on the team and docked them a first-round draft pick this year before the commissioner learned New England's illegal taping had been more widespread.

The commissioner issued the punishment after a Patriots cameraman was caught taping signals of the New York Jets in their first meeting this season. He then ordered the Patriots to turn over any evidence they had of such taping, including notes. Afterward, no other evidence of illegal taping was mentioned by the league at the time.

"The taping occurred on Sept. 9,'' Mr. Specter noted. "He imposed the fine on the 13th, didn't get the material until the 17th and destroyed it on the 20th. He imposed the fine before he had the notes and tapes.''

Mr. Specter said he may hold hearings into the case, which also possibly involved the Philadelphia Eagles, who lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl after the 2004 season.

He said one witness he's talking to is Matt Walsh, the former Patriots video director who may have been involved in taping the St. Louis Rams' walk-through practice the day before they lost to the Patriots on Feb. 3, 2002.

"Matt Walsh is the guy who supposedly taped the walk-through on the Rams game,'' Mr. Specter said. "The picture's starting to fit together. I've been talking to Walsh's lawyer.''

Mr. Specter said the lawyer indicated Mr. Walsh was being investigated "by a guy named Dick Farley, who is an NFL security guy and a former FBI agent.

"I asked Goodell about it and he said Farley does work for NFL security but that he didn't know anything about it.

"The plot thickens.''

Mr. Aiello said yesterday that Mr. Farley is looking at public records and verifying Mr. Walsh's employment history.

Mr. Specter said he's been informed that the practice of Mr. Belichick's staff illegally taping opposing coaches goes back to his days in the 1990s when he coached the old Cleveland Browns. He said Mr. Goodell told him they never looked into that.

"When you have a pattern,'' Mr. Specter said, "you look for when the pattern started.''

The senator said Mr. Goodell told him he has no more plans to investigate "Spygate.''

"He has a fair-sized stone wall erected,'' Mr. Specter said.

Said Mr. Goodell at his news conference Wednesday, "We're not following up; the senator said he wants to follow up."

Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, reached at his home in North Carolina yesterday, said:

"Is it an advantage to steal signals? Yes. Did it determine the outcome of the game? No.''

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett also said that club officials believe that the results of the game did not hinge on stolen signals.

When new Steelers coach Mike Tomlin first heard about the incident with the New England cameraman in New York, he said at his weekly press conference, "Where there's smoke, there's fire.''

To those who believe the NFL is trying to cover up and minimize "Spygate," Mr. Goodell said Wednesday, "We are the ones who discovered the violation and disclosed it. If we were trying to cover something up, we wouldn't have taken the discipline we did and we wouldn't have brought the situation to light. We have been very clear about what happened. There was a violation of our policy."

NyGiantz
02-15-2008, 12:26 AM
The Patriots need to have every SB stripped from them. This doesn't mean that the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles get those rings instead but the record books should show that these titles are severely tainted. Belichik needs to be permanently banned from the league and the Pats should give up the next 7 first round picks, one for each year they have cheated.

jjpro11
02-15-2008, 12:29 AM
that final line of the PG article is a profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering joke. if the nfl didnt say anything, mangini and the jets would have and made it a lot worse themselves. goodell was backed into a corner and had to go public so it didnt look like some sort of cover up.

Galax Steeler
02-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Sounds like goodell is just as guilty as belicheat.

Elvis
02-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Sounds like goodell is just as guilty as belicheat.
I'm starting to think the same thing galax. Just seems awefuly suspicious that he would just up and have the tapes etc. destroyed like that. I think that this guy is gonna be trouble for the NFL after Tagliabue had done such a great job for years. I honestly think that the patriots are getting off cheap with just losing 1 draft pick.
:coffee:

Steel Pit
02-15-2008, 05:42 AM
I believe that the signal stealing most definitely helped the Patriots win quite a few of their post season games. Consider how many of those games were won by a last second field goal.

Well hell, if the Patriots pre-determined just a couple of the opponents play calls in those close post-season games, it would have been the difference between winning and losing.

The punishment wasn't harsh enough but I'm afraid that the league office will not be handing down any more discipline relating to this matter. As far as the league office is concerned, further discipline would constitute a double jeopardy scenario so therefore this matter is closed.

The Patriot
02-15-2008, 05:58 AM
So Specter went through all this just to ask Goodell about his team the Steelers and didn't bother to ask about the other 30 teams?

Atlanta Dan
02-15-2008, 06:49 AM
So Specter went through all this just to ask Goodell about his team the Steelers and didn't bother to ask about the other 30 teams?

No - read the stories and please consider giving your knee jerk attempted defenses of the indefensible a rest.

In the alternative, please save your pontifications for a Pats board

TackleMeBen
02-15-2008, 06:58 AM
The punishment wasn't harsh enough but I'm afraid that the league office will not be handing down any more discipline relating to this matter. As far as the league office is concerned, further discipline would constitute a double jeopardy scenario so therefore this matter is closed.

:iagree: the punishment wasnt hard enough, but if new evidence comes out i think the nfl office would have to extend the already punishment.

The Patriot
02-15-2008, 07:04 AM
No - read the stories and please consider giving your knee jerk attempted defenses of the indefensible a rest.

"I think Steelers fans have a lot to be concerned about this and I'm one of them,'' Mr. Specter told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in an interview yesterday, adding that "maybe Steelers ownership should think about it a little."
Mr. Specter said he specifically asked if they had any notes on the Steelers that were destroyed

If Goodell had all the notes why did he just ask for the Steelers? Maybe Jets fans would like to know too.

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 07:28 AM

Wow! He can do that?

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 07:31 AM
They're drama queens. They impeached Bill because he was fooling around in a closet somewhere. Find me a politician who isn't.

No, they impeached him because he committed perjury.

I hate when people twist the facts.

PisnNapalm
02-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Whatever... Can we just get on with looking forward to the draft?

I'm not convinced that the Pats were the only ones "cheating". I think they were just the ones that got caught.

fansince'76
02-15-2008, 07:49 AM

Trust me, Dan - he won't do that. :coffee:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Interesting take on this that no one has brought up. How can any QB who consistantly has his called play changed to a play that is "perfect" against the called defensive play...not question how the coaches knew what to change it too.
Either Brady is the dumbest QB in the game...or he is complicit in the cheating.

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Interesting take on this that no one has brought up. How can any QB who consistantly has his called play changed to a play that is "perfect" against the called defensive play...not question how the coaches knew what to change it too.
Either Brady is the dumbest QB in the game...or he is complicit in the cheating.

I have thought all along that Tom Brady needs to go to another team to prove he's as good as his stats show.

If he does, then :bowdown:

Until then, :blah::blah::blah:

The Patriot
02-15-2008, 08:24 AM

Is their a stat that records how often a QB changes a play at the line of scrimmage? I'd like to see it.

HometownGal
02-15-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm not convinced that the Pats were the only ones "cheating". I think they were just the ones that got caught.

If that is so, they were the only ones arrogant and dumb enough to get caught.

HometownGal
02-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Is their a stat that records how often a QB changes a play at the line of scrimmage? I'd like to see it.

I dunno - ask the Pats* videographer. I'm sure he'll be able to give you an answer. :wink02::flap:

Stu Pidasso
02-15-2008, 08:40 AM

Then why didn't he have any success in Cleveland?

Here's my concern: Stealing signals is one thing. That gives you the advantage to cheat in real time against teams. That's the lowest of the low. Now here's the rub: with videotape, you can not only see the signals (which can be easily thwarted by just changing signals) you can actually study trends and predict the scenario of any given play.

fansince'76
02-15-2008, 08:44 AM

He was just "cutting his teeth" and learning how to be a HC in Cleveland. Didn't you know that? :rolleyes:

steeler43pa
02-15-2008, 08:45 AM

I have LLT, It had to include Brady. And Goodall knew it. His asking of Brady if he knew anything was just a cover up. Just like this whole mess is a cover up. On another note of course the Rooneys are going to issue a statement saying it didn't effect the outcome of the games. Cower too. They want this to go away too. It is bad for the NFL. We as fans though just want to know the truth.

fansince'76
02-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Whatever... Can we just get on with looking forward to the draft?

Well, I'd like to know whether I have spent a significant portion of my time watching a legit sport, or if I have been watching nothing but an offshoot of the WWF, personally.

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Well, I'd like to know whether I have spent a significant portion of my time watching a legit sport, or if I have been watching nothing but an offshoot of the WWF, personally.

Exactly.

I want it acknowledged that their titles have been tainted. I want Beliprick banished from football forever and Kraft and the Patriots* organization justly punished. And I want to know that future games that I invest in financially and emotionally are being played fair and square. I want it to stop.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-15-2008, 09:01 AM

If Brady is changing the call at the line, thats one thing...if he never asks how his coaching staff knew the linebackers were dropping into coverage, or how they knew that the safety would be blitzing...thats quite a difference

tony hipchest
02-15-2008, 09:05 AM

i]

actually he was successful (although that can be a relative term).

he got them into the playoffs. theyve only made it back once since then.

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2008, 10:10 AM

Here's my concern: Stealing signals is one thing. That gives you the advantage to cheat in real time against teams. That's the lowest of the low. Now here's the rub: with videotape, you can not only see the signals (which can be easily thwarted by just changing signals) you can actually study trends and predict the scenario of any given play.

Its my understanding, that studying trends, and predicting scenarios is simply "good coaching" Having a call ready for every situation, and an audible for changing should the defense shift on you, that's coaching, and that, everyone does, or at least, successful coaches do.

My biggest fear, is with the Stealing of signals in real time, were messages being relayed to Brady in his ear piece, after the time it was supposed to be off, and was he being told, in real time "blitz from your left"

That would in my opinion, consitute the records being tarnished and all that jazz. Stealing signs, and studying trends..."oh bother"

real time radio signals, after the huddle has broke, and guys are at the line. That is an "oh my cheaters"

I still, and I know most of you "boo" me for this, think we didn't lose because of "spygate" but lost because of lack of execution and mistakes we made, in all phases of the game, not just on defense. That's what I believed when it happened, and that is what I continue to believe. I'm not going to cry about something imagined or not yet proven to have effected the out come of a single game.

I will not become a whiner. We are Winners.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2008, 11:20 AM
And once again, it may be a "non-issue" to the Rooney's and the players, but what about the fans who pay good money to see these games? The people who expect and deserve to see a fair game? I'm glad the Rooney's and the players don't care, but those of us who help pay the teams salary and put money in Rooney's pocket do care.

Steelers support NFL's response to spying by Patriots
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney said today that the team supports the NFL's response to the "Spygate" case against the New England Patriots and the punishment meted out by Commissioner Roger Goodell.

In a statement released this morning, Rooney said:

"We consider the tapes of our coaching staff during our games against the New England Patriots to be a non-issue. In our opinion, they had no impact on the results of those games.

"The Steelers fully support the manner in which Commissioner Goodell handled the situation and the discipline that he levied against those who violated league rules," the statement said.

"We are confident that the Commissioner has taken appropriate action in his investigation of this matter, and will do so again if new information arises which requires further investigation and or discipline."

Rooney's statement came in response to criticism by U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter of the NFL's handling of reports that the Patriots routinely videtaped opposing coach's signals in violation of NFL rules. Specter told the Post-Gazette yesterday that Goodell confirmed to him that four Steelers games were involved, including two AFC championship games.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08046/857786-66.stm

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm grateful the Steelers aren't beinfg whiney asses about ...........but the fans deserve better. All NFL fans.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Maybe next year, Belicheat and Goodell can just knock on season ticket owners front doors, kick us in the balls and steal our wallets? Might as well.

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2008, 11:42 AM
I would like to call this

Man-ing The EF UP.

No Crying ! Hit Harder ! Play Better! and Man the Ef Up!

That's what I'm talking about!

Stlr4ever
02-15-2008, 11:45 AM

I have to wonder about the 2004 season. In the AFCC championship, seemed like Belichick & Co. knew about every play of our offense and defense. Every one their SBs should have an asterick.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2008, 11:46 AM
I have to wonder about the 2004 season. In the AFCC championship, seemed like Belichick & Co. knew about every play of our offense and defense. Every one their SBs should have an asterick.

According to the PPG and Arlen Specter...

Specter told the Post-Gazette yesterday that Goodell confirmed to him that four Steelers games were involved, including two AFC championship games.

fansince'76
02-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I still, and I know most of you "boo" me for this, think we didn't lose because of "spygate" but lost because of lack of execution and mistakes we made, in all phases of the game, not just on defense. That's what I believed when it happened, and that is what I continue to believe. I'm not going to cry about something imagined or not yet proven to have effected the out come of a single game.

In that case if it's all good, and has no effect on the games themselves, then we should be allowed to have a cameraman on opposing sidelines to tape their DCs. Oh, we can't because it's AGAINST THE RULES.

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2008, 12:03 PM
there are penalties for breaking the rules, penalties have been given

that's all there should be. its a dead issue. Next year, we can shut them up, smash in their heads and beat them on the field of play and that'll do more to shutting up their fans, our critics and even our own fans more than anything else. I look forward to playing them again, very much, and can't wait for next season, when we can begin our run to the playoffs facing what is, without a doubt, the toughest schedule in the NFL. Bring it on the field and that's it.

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Punishment has been given for cheating for ONE game.

A history of winning championships using the same techniques has not even begun to be addressed.

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Ok, you got me...that's very accurate...

I'm just not going to worry about it, until it has been proven beyond a doubt that they cheated in a way that gave them an unfair advantage in games against us.

Atlanta Dan
02-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Steelers support NFL's response to spying by Patriots
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney said today that the team supports the NFL's response to the "Spygate" case against the New England Patriots and the punishment meted out by Commissioner Roger Goodell.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08046/857786-66.stm

Of course Dan Rooney is going to line up with the Commissioner; Dan Rooney is a League guy to his core and a class act.

That having been said, Goodell tried to bury this and now has league security out gathering dirt on Walsh. However, Goodell is stepping out of his weight class if he intends to try and muscle Congress on this issue.

Get ready for another show on Capitol Hill, with Belicheat getting to play the Roger Clemens role.

For a good insight on WTF Congress is holding hearings on the misdeeds of pro sports, this linked article is an interesting read:

What Goodell and Clemens and Bud Selig and all the rest of the sports luminaries who have come before Congress don’t understand is that politicians view them in a way no one else does: as easy targets. To politicians, sports is the rare subject that holds practically no political risk, while the robust egos of celebrity athletes can be counted on to supply the public spectacle that official Washington craves. Sports is easy. It is bipartisan: every red-blooded American roots for the hometown team. It lets elitist multimillionaires signal their earthy, blue-collar solidarity with regular folk. It is a way to stoke passionate, populist feeling without ever needing to worry about angering the other side, because when you rise to defend the home team, there is no other side....

But why, you might ask, do congressmen feel compelled to subject athletes to such humiliation? Because it is the law of the jungle. Like silverback gorillas, senators and congressmen as well as cabinet secretaries and chiefs of staff all compete for primacy by attacking the alpha males—individually when they’re strong enough (Specter), in packs when they’re not (the oversight committee).

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200802u/roger-clemens-hgh

What a wonderful month this has been for the Patriots and their defenders:toofunny:

Atlanta Dan
02-15-2008, 12:44 PM

As noted by another poster, "Bill" did not get impeached for having a dysfunctional marriage. Contrary to your attempt to defend other indefensible misconduct (so you support both Belicheat and that other Bill?:dang: - maybe you should go on Ebay to buy a moral compass) not every politician has lied under oath. The witness does not get to pick and choose whether the question is one that requires tellling the truth, just as NFL coaches do not get to pick and choose which league rules they elect to follow.

tony hipchest
02-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Ok, you got me...that's very accurate...

I'm just not going to worry about it, until it has been proven beyond a doubt that they cheated in a way that gave them an unfair advantage in games against us."the proof is in the pudding"

the pats tape the steelers signals in the 01 AFCC game. then they play in the superbowl. then their next game is the opener against the steelers, the next season. they just about played us 2 times in a row.

after further review (of illegal tapes) how the hell was no name tom brady able to dink and dunk us (#1 defense in the nfl) to death in the openning game on monday night?

should the steelers have changed their signals? not if they didnt think the opposition was cheating. should the rape victim have worn a longer skirt?

sure they couldve changed their signals. but keep in mind we run a very complex defense. of our current linebackers and secondary, only farrior and clark were able to start their 1st year (and they were veterans). the rest was homegrown talent who had to be back ups for atleast a year to learn.

sure we can change signals but that just adds more for the players to learn when their plate is already full. it increases the probability of miscommunication and mistakes in the execution of the called defensive plays.

this is where the advantage lies.

fansince'76
02-15-2008, 01:03 PM
"the proof is in the pudding"

the pats tape the steelers signals in the 01 AFCC game. then they play in the superbowl. then their next game is the opener against the steelers, the next season. they just about played us 2 times in a row.

after further review (of illegal tapes) how the hell was no name tom brady able to dink and dunk us (#1 defense in the nfl) to death in the openning game on monday night?.

Because he is the bestest QB in the history of the universe! :cheer: :banana: :chicken: :cheer:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Because he is the bestest QB in the history of the universe! :cheer: :banana: :chicken: :cheer:

Like I said before....poor, poor Tom....People around him cheat so much...he may want a paternity test on "his" baby.:wink02:

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 01:08 PM

OOPS........I forgot that! :coffee:

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Like I said before....poor, poor Tom....People around him cheat so much...he may want a paternity test on "his" baby.:wink02:

:toofunny:

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Hang on to your hats, folks! Here we go......... :popcorn:

FORMER RAMS PLAYER SUES PATS
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Not long after the Patriots were caught videotaping defensive coaching signals, a class action was filed on behalf of Jets season-ticket holders. (The current status of that action is unknown.)

Now, another class action has been filed against the Patriots based on published reports of cheating in connection with Super Bowl XXXVI. And one of the plaintiffs played for the Rams, whose final walk-through practice allegedly was taped secretly by the Patriots.

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, former Rams player Willie Gary has joined with a Cincinnati ticket broker who attended the game to file suit against the Patriots in a New Orleans federal court. Super Bowl XXXVI was played at the Louisiana Superdome in February 2002.

The action seeks a full refund for all persons who attended the game. At $400 a pop and 72,922 pops, that's $29,168,800.

Also, the suit demands payment to all Rams players of the $25,000 difference between the winners' share and the losers' share, and of the value of a Super Bowl ring.

The lawsuit alleges that the Patriots engaged in fraud, racketeering, breach of contract, and violation of Louisiana’s unfair trade practices and consumer protection act.

At a minimum, the filing of this action means that, one way or another, former Patriots employee Matt Walsh's story will come out. He will be subject to subpoena via the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii, and the subpoena will overcome the terms of any confidentiality agreement.

And the link goes here........

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080215/NEWS0103/302150021

story to follow.......

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Local lawyers sue NFL
BY JIM HANNAH | JHANNAH@NKY.COM

Two Northern Kentucky lawyers, a Cincinnati ticket broker and a former University of Kentucky football player have filed a lawsuit accusing the New England Patriots of cheating in the 2002 Super Bowl and asking for refunds.

The Patriots and Coach Bill Belichick illegally videotaped a St. Louis Rams walk-though before the game to gain an unfair advantage, according to a lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court in New Orleans, the host city of the game. The Patriots upset the Rams 20 to 17 on a last-second field goal.

The Patriots and the NFL could not immediately be reached for comment.
Through the lawsuit, the broker Kevin Hacker who also attended the Super Bowl, asked the federal court to grant 72,922 people who attended the game a full refund. At a face value of $400 per ticket, that would mean the NFL would have to return $29,168,800.

Willie Gary, who played on the Ram’s Super Bowl team and was team captain his senior year for UK, wants each member of the Rams Super Bowl roster to receive $25,000 – the difference between the bonuses paid to the losing team and the winning team.

Gary, who now lives in Atlanta and plays arena football, also wants compensation for not receiving a Super Bowl XXXVI ring, which now sell for $125,000 on the Internet auction site eBay, according to the suit.

For 45 players, the difference in bonuses and the value of the rings would be $6,750,000.

The plaintiffs’ attorneys – Eric Deters of Independence and Hugh Campbell Jr. of Villa Hills along with John Young of New Orleans – have asked that the suit be granted class-action status. The three lawyers allege the Patriots committed numerous crimes including fraud, racketeering and breach of contract in addition to violating Louisiana’s unfair trade practices and consumer protection act.

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Personally, I think Kraft should be the one who repays everyone (granted the thing goes to trial and they lose).

That scene from The Jerk comes to mind.........the one where Steve Martin is sitting at his desk in a bathrobe writing out checks to everyone who sued him!

jjpro11
02-15-2008, 03:07 PM
PFT says matt walsh will be forced to talk. i can only hope so.

HometownGal
02-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Hang on to your hats, folks! Here we go......... :popcorn:

FORMER RAMS PLAYER SUES PATS
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Not long after the Patriots were caught videotaping defensive coaching signals, a class action was filed on behalf of Jets season-ticket holders. (The current status of that action is unknown.)

Now, another class action has been filed against the Patriots based on published reports of cheating in connection with Super Bowl XXXVI. And one of the plaintiffs played for the Rams, whose final walk-through practice allegedly was taped secretly by the Patriots.

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, former Rams player Willie Gary has joined with a Cincinnati ticket broker who attended the game to file suit against the Patriots in a New Orleans federal court. Super Bowl XXXVI was played at the Louisiana Superdome in February 2002.

The action seeks a full refund for all persons who attended the game. At $400 a pop and 72,922 pops, that's $29,168,800.

Also, the suit demands payment to all Rams players of the $25,000 difference between the winners' share and the losers' share, and of the value of a Super Bowl ring.

The lawsuit alleges that the Patriots engaged in fraud, racketeering, breach of contract, and violation of Louisiana?s unfair trade practices and consumer protection act.

At a minimum, the filing of this action means that, one way or another, former Patriots employee Matt Walsh's story will come out. He will be subject to subpoena via the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii, and the subpoena will overcome the terms of any confidentiality agreement.

And the link goes here........

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080215/NEWS0103/302150021

story to follow.......

:banana::jammin: Right on brotha! :cheers:

Kraft, Beliprick* and Goodfornothing better get the ointment ready. Not only is Arlen gonna give it to them up the poop chute, looks like the ramrod is on its way. :sofunny::thumbsup:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KJ5SF44HL._AA280_.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Ok, for the record, I believe the taping of the pre-game walk-thru of the Rams prior to the superbowl would have been 100% cheating.

as well as I believe any audio information passed to Brady when he was under center would have been cheating.

I understand the stealing the signals and stuff, that is what I will not "cry" about. But if they did video the Rams walk-thru, or use any audio signals while Brady is under center, for those offenses, I will race you to the top of the mountain to start shouting Cheaters.

Dodt
02-15-2008, 03:34 PM
i would love to hear what bledsoe has to say about this whole ordeal.

Stu Pidasso
02-15-2008, 03:36 PM
That scene from The Jerk comes to mind.........the one where Steve Martin is sitting at his desk in a bathrobe writing out checks to everyone who sued him!

One dollar and NINE CENTS!!!! LOL

stillers4me
02-15-2008, 03:38 PM
One dollar and NINE CENTS!!!! LOL

That's the one! :sofunny:

Atlanta Dan
02-15-2008, 04:05 PM
PFT says matt walsh will be forced to talk. i can only hope so.

Sounds like the League is investigating Walsh to chill him - this could get even uglier

This will end up like the scene in Godfather II where Frank Pantangella was going to dime out Michael Corleone before Congress until Michael showed up in the hearing room with Frank's brother next to him, at which point Frank told Congress everything he said against Michael was made up - Walsh will appear to testify before Specter and Kraft & Belicheat will be in the back of the room with some relative of Walsh standing between them, at which point Walsh will take the hint.:smile:

The NFL should add the word Omerta to its shield

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2008, 04:26 PM
i would love to hear what bledsoe has to say about this whole ordeal.

My guess, and this is just a guess, is that the real video taping didn't happen until later on. Like maybe they got away with it before the Rams game, and then it snowballed into taping everything and landed them in trouble. I will not be able to believe that Bledsoe had knowledge of a single defense he faced. Not possible to know the defense and still....look that bad!

Dino 6 Rings
02-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Sounds like the League is investigating Walsh to chill him - this could get even uglier

This will end up like the scene in Godfather II where Frank Pantangella was going to dime out Michael Corleone before Congress until Michael showed up in the hearing room with Frank's brother next to him, at which point Frank told Congress everything he said against Michael was made up - Walsh will appear to testify before Specter and Kraft & Belicheat will be in the back of the room with some relative of Walsh standing between them, at which point Walsh will take the hint.:smile:

The NFL should add the word Omerta to its shield

Love the Godfather reference. He'll have a horse head in his bed for sure.

steelers2685
02-15-2008, 04:42 PM
As much as I disapprove of the government getting involved in sports, it seems nowadays that they need to, especailly in this case. SOMEONE had to step up and accuse slapnut Goodell that he was cheating and that there was more to the story than he let out. That time has come. I like the fact that OUR state senator has come out as the one wanting to slug it out with him. IMHO Goodell wanted to come into being the commissioner with a bang, and he did that by dealing with Vick and Pacman. But then this whole thing came up, and seeing the attention it got, he did whatever it took to keep it covered up as long as he could. Look at how high the ratings were not just for regular season games (from people watching hoping they would lose) but also the Super Bowl (now most viewed in history). To him, the integrity of the game is taking a passenger seat to the $$$$ he is seeing.

What i find most interesting is that it NOW comes out that there was taping back to 2000 and Goodell knew this the whole damn time. Do you really think the league would have received such ratings and $$$ this year if that news had come out after week 1 of the season? Im willing to bet a large portion of the nation would have boycotted it after hearing that, and even more so after the Pats* kept winning.

All I gotta say is that for all of those fans firing back at us realists in this world who are not clouded by their teeny tiny bubble of Brady Lovers and Belichik Stickers is that sticks and stones may break our bones.... BUT ASTERICKS LIVE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LVSteelersfan
02-15-2008, 05:36 PM
I think the owners should show some balls and impeach Goodell as commissioner due to malfeasance. If he obviously knew there was more to it than what was reported, then destroyed the evidence, then that is gross malfeasance and should be dealt with accordingly. Maybe nothing can be done about the Pats and their past indiscretions, but at least Goodell would be gone and the Pats would be under intense scrutiny from this point forward. I personally think the Pats probably have some kind of listening device that allows them to hear the signals called into the opposing QB when they are playing at home. I also have no doubt that they probably pay players like Moss millions under the table to get around salary cap problems. We all know Moss is a scumbag at heart and wasn't playing JUST TO GET A CHAMPIONSHIP. He has never been noble and has not changed his colors now.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2008, 05:45 PM
The last thing the owners want on their hands is a scandal. That's why I'm not throwing a party for the Rooney's while they are giving Goodell a slap on the back while buying him drinks.

They don't want a scandal just as much as Goodell and that piece of shit organization in New England want a scandal. So of course Rooney is going to side with the NFL.

revefsreleets
02-15-2008, 06:34 PM
So, just, you know, like skipping through all this, did anyone mention that this just might explain why he went from being the worst coach in the NFL in Cleveland to the best coach in the NFL in New England?

Dodt
02-15-2008, 07:42 PM
tom brady -tapes=tim couch

The Patriot
02-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I personally think the Pats probably have some kind of listening device that allows them to hear the signals called into the opposing QB when they are playing at home. I also have no doubt that they probably pay players like Moss millions under the table to get around salary cap problems.

See this is what I have a problem with.

lilyoder6
02-15-2008, 08:04 PM
i would doubt that they would pay players under the table b/c the nfl oversees the organizations money to where it goes.

Boss Smiley
02-15-2008, 08:32 PM
See, this is what happens when people get jealous. Specter is a pissed off Eagles fan out to get us because they lost to us in SB 39. He is such a retard.

NJarhead
02-15-2008, 08:38 PM
http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/beer_smiley.jpg

Shhhh.

The Duke
02-15-2008, 08:39 PM
See, this is what happens when people get jealous. Specter is a pissed off Eagles fan out to get us because they lost to us in SB 39. He is such a retard.

yeah, and you're such a genius :coffee:

Jeremy
02-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Tell ya what......let's just let my 7 year old kick Bellicheat and Slick Bob in the balls one time and we can this all even.

How about it NFL? Sound fair?

The Patriot
02-15-2008, 08:49 PM
http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/beer_smiley.jpg

Shhhh.

Haha I'll take that.

polamalu82
02-15-2008, 08:54 PM
my sig tells you everything you need to know about this matter.

jjpro11
02-15-2008, 09:03 PM
See this is what I have a problem with.

once you cheat, you will never be trusted again. he's not the only one with beliefs such as those i can tell you that.

jjpro11
02-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Walsh has tapes. looks like he may not be the lying disgruntled ex-employee that patriots fans are hoping he is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ah49XqKrSeZBsR_Nb8SA7OFDubYF?slug=ap-mattwalsh-tapes&prov=ap&type=lgns

Matt Walsh?s lawyer asks NFL to protect his client on Spygate tapes

By DAVE GOLDBERG, AP Football Writer 2 hours, 50 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP)?The lawyer for former New England Patriots employee Matt Walsh said his client is willing to turn over videotapes he made for the team if the NFL guarantees Walsh protection from lawsuits or other legal action.

Attorney Michael Levy said that to date, the NFL?s initial proposals are not sufficient protection for Walsh, who is said to have taped the St. Louis Rams? walkthrough practice the day before they played the Patriots in the 2002 Super Bowl. The Patriots won 20-17.

?Under our proposal, Mr. Walsh is only protected if he in good faith is truthful. And he will be,? Levy told The Associated Press on Friday in a telephone interview from his office at the Washington law firm of McKee Nelson.

?The NFL?s proposal is not full indemnification. It is highly conditional and still leaves Mr. Walsh vulnerable. I have asked the NFL to provide Mr. Walsh with the necessary legal protections so that he can come forward with the truth without fear of retaliation and litigation. To best serve the interest of the public and everyone involved, I am hopeful that the NFL will do so promptly.?
ADVERTISEMENT

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said he?s offered Walsh a deal whereby ?he has to tell the truth and he has to return anything he took improperly? in return for indemnity.

?No one wants to talk to Matt Walsh more than we do,? NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Friday.

?But his demand to be released from all responsibility even if his comments are not truthful is unprecedented and unreasonable. The NFL and the Patriots have assured Mr. Walsh?s lawyer that there will be no adverse consequences for his client if Mr. Walsh truthfully shares what he knows. Why does he need any more protection than that??

Walsh, now a golf pro in Maui, did video work for the Patriots when they won the first of their three Super Bowl after the 2001 season.

Goodell said Walsh was not interviewed as part of the NFL?s investigation into ?Spygate,? which involved the NFL confiscating tapes from a Patriots employee who recorded the New York Jets? defensive signals from the sideline during the opening game of the 2007 season.

As a result of that investigation, New England coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000 and the team was fined $250,000 and forfeited its 2008 first-round draft choice.

Six confiscated tapes and other documents pertaining to the Patriots? taping were subsequently destroyed by the league. Goodell has defended the destruction of the tapes.

Levy, who is continuing to negotiate with the NFL on Walsh?s behalf, also objected to NFL security?s investigation of his client.

?Sending a former FBI agent to investigate his professional and personal life has not left Mr. Walsh feeling confident that the National Football League simply wants to encourage him to come forward with whatever information he has,? Levy said.

Goodell met this week with Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter and disclosed for the first time that the taping may have gone back to 2000, when Belichick first became coach of the Patriots. The commissioner said Belichick told him in their meeting last September that he believed the taping was legal. ?We agreed to disagree,? the commissioner said.

Specter, the senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary committee, said after the meeting that he would continue to investigate the taping episodes. He has said he also would like to speak with Walsh.

Goodell said he could reopen the investigation.

?If there is new information that is credible, new material that could be credible that would help us, yes, we?ll look at it,? he said.

But Eric Holder, a partner in Covington & Burling, the NFL?s outside law firm, suggested the NFL might remain reluctant to meet Walsh?s current terms.

?No responsible investigator would offer blanket immunity to a potential witness without a commitment that the witness will be truthful,? Holder said. ?Any witness who refuses to make that commitment doesn?t deserve immunity.?

NFL Football Writer Barry Wilner contributed to this report.

NJarhead
02-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Haha I'll take that.

Yea, me too actually.

polamalu82
02-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't blame Walsh for holding out for immunity. I'd want it all in writing. If I was him I'd get immunity, then just give them any written and/or video evidence.

steeler43pa
02-15-2008, 10:04 PM
I don't blame Walsh for holding out for immunity. I'd want it all in writing. If I was him I'd get immunity, then just give them any written and/or video evidence.

Lets hope he gives the tapes and notes to Spector. Not Goodall. All Goodall will do is destroy them and say there was nothing on the tapes and notes that was new evidence.

fansince'76
02-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Lets hope he gives the tapes and notes to Spector. Not Goodall. All Goodall will do is destroy them and say there was nothing on the tapes and notes that was new evidence.

Agreed - I don't trust Goodell at this point at all. I want the truth - if it implicates other teams in the league, including my own, then so be it, but I personally want the truth.

Steelerfreak58
02-15-2008, 10:23 PM
The Patriots should be made to give up the Superbowl win to the Rams. They taped their walk through practice the day before the game that is blatant outright cheating and they should be stripped of that win and any other Super bowl wins if there is tapes of the other teams DAY BEFORE WALK THROUGH.

I am so completely happy that the Giants won.

Borski
02-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Updated superbowl winners list:

2001 Baltimore Ravens
2002 team stripped of title due to cheating*
2003 Tampa Bay Bucs
2004 team stripped of title due to cheating*
2005 team stripped of title due to cheating*
2006 Pittsburgh Steelers
2007 Indianapolis Colts
2008 New York Giants

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-16-2008, 04:45 AM

Seriously ....Do you stick photos and paintings up your butt?....because, as far as your head is up your ass, you could use something to stare at.

At what point do you just man-up and say..."Hey, its obvious that my team cheated."

Being a Patriots Fan and being honest about their cheating does not make you a bad person. It just makes you a fan.

Being a Patriots Fan and COMPLETELY rationalizing Belichicks CRIMINAL activity...makes you look foolish.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-16-2008, 05:05 AM
He is such a retard.

cheating
cheat[1,verb]

Pronunciation: \ˈchēt\
VERB
Etymology: 2cheat
transitive verb

1: to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud
2: to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice
3: to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>

retard 1 (r-tard) KEY

VERB:
re-tard-ed , re-tard-ing , re-tards
VERB:
tr.

1. Occurring or developing later than desired or expected; delayed
2. To cause to move or proceed slowly; delay or impede. Slow to understand.

If you dont understand the definition "in bold" in the first box.....then you may want to check out the definition "in bold" in the second.
.....Between yourself and Sen. Specter, only one of you seem "slow to understand" the defintion of cheating. So from now on...all... of ...us ...will...speak...slow...and ...use...small...words...when ...we...talk ...to ...you.

stillers4me
02-16-2008, 06:48 AM
I hope Goodell doesn't get his hands on them first.

Dino 6 Rings
02-16-2008, 02:18 PM

Not jealous of 3 rings...we've already got FIVE!!!

HometownGal
02-16-2008, 02:31 PM

Why do you Pats* turds keep insisting that others are "jealous" of that farce of a team? Who in the bloody blue hell could be jealous of the biggest fraud in the history of any professional sports league? :dang::dang:

Be sure to remember that "retard's" name. He is going to be the Pats* and the NFL's worst nightmare. I guarantee it.

k7brown
02-16-2008, 03:12 PM
I love this site!!!

Why do you Pats* turds keep insisting that others are "jealous" of that farce of a team? Who in the bloody blue hell could be jealous of the biggest fraud in the history of any professional sports league?

Be sure to remember that "retard's" name. He is going to be the Pats* and the NFL's worst nightmare. I guarantee it.

Well said, HometownGal!!!

X-Terminator
02-16-2008, 03:24 PM

http://www.blurtit.com/var/group/images/g/g8/g88/g889/g889145_Stupid_Bowl.jpg

lilyoder6
02-16-2008, 03:38 PM
i love that lady in the poic above, stupid is as stupid does.

The Patriot
02-16-2008, 03:40 PM
http://www.blurtit.com/var/group/images/g/g8/g88/g889/g889145_Stupid_Bowl.jpg

Who makes these cartoons!?!

X-Terminator
02-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Who makes these cartoons!?!

Someone with a sense of humor and too much free time on their hands, I suppose...

Boss Smiley
02-16-2008, 10:20 PM
I am proud of my team no matter what. Yeah they may have taped a couple teams here and there, but the ends justify the means. The Patriots need to win, a Super Bowl just isn't super without the Pats playing in it.

The Patriot
02-16-2008, 10:23 PM
I am proud of my team no matter what. Yeah they may have taped a couple teams here and there, but the ends justify the means. The Patriots need to win, a Super Bowl just isn't super without the Pats playing in it.

I'm proud of my team. Just not the cheating part.

fansince'76
02-16-2008, 10:29 PM

Your comments become more asinine with each successive post. Congrats. :coffee:

stillers4me
02-17-2008, 07:05 AM

You, my friend, are a true fan of your team. I would feel the same way if it were the Steelers in this mess. I would want the guilty parties to be punished and banished so my team could move on and hold their heads high again.

That other guy needs whacked upside the head.

HometownGal
02-17-2008, 07:18 AM
I am proud of my team no matter what. Yeah they may have taped a couple teams here and there, but the ends justify the means.

:jawdrop::screwy:

You really should be very mad at your Mama for dropping you on your head as a baby.

The Patriots need to win, a Super Bowl just isn't super without the Pats playing in it.[/

Your precious Pats* made a mockery not only out of the NFL and its fans, but the biggest game of the year which fans pay out the wazoo to attend. I hope when Senator Specter is finished with his investigation, the Pats* are stripped of all of their Lombardis and rings. They deserve nothing more than a plastic trophy and Cracker Jack rings for being the biggest fraud ever witnessed in the history of the NFL and professional sports.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by Boss Smiley
I am proud of my team

Really and which team is "your team" this week? HEY! I have good news!!!...You've been move up to first chair in the skinflute section of the Patriot Bandwagon!!!:thumbsup:

Yeah they may have taped a couple teams here and there, but the ends justify the means.

You may not want to ever use a q-tip....if you accidentally knock out the plug...and all the sap is going to run out of your head.:nerd:

The Patriots need to win, a Super Bowl just isn't super without the Pats playing in it

Wow...you better start preparing for the "Super-for-everyone-else Bowl" that is going to be going for the next 20 years.

:checkit:This way to the Great Egress chowderhead.

You can go now...buh bye!!!:wave:

Atlanta Dan
02-17-2008, 10:50 AM

Mods - any chance the ISP address for Boss Smiley is the same as that for poster Bobby Socks? Mr. Socks trolled on to several Vick threads to flame away.

Both screen names have the initials BS (which of course also is an acronym for bulls**t) , which indicates to me we may have one poster who is slyly posting comments he knows to be inflammatory nonsense.

If so, does deceptively posting under multiple screen names simply to stir the pot merit some sort of discipline?:smile:

lilyoder6
02-17-2008, 11:17 AM
i enjoyed the past 2 yrs of the sb w/o the pats being in it... it's sad that the best part of the day for this person is to come on here and post stupid stuff.

TeeJay
02-17-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm not actually surprised anymore by anything the Pats or their fans do. Just saddened that one franchise decided they couldn't become a dyNASTY without cheating. Just as well they aren't a dynastyt then really! They need to take a world tour and witness The Steeler Nation. True fans, sporting a true team...with ethics, and without the win at all costs regardless attitude.

And just for the record, spygate et all aside, the only motivation I need to hate them is to re-watch the end of Week 3, 2004/05 season as New England leave Heinz Field, and there's Tom 'I just wanna punch that smug ****** look from his ******* face' Brady and his.."I hate this stadium" comment. Even the added, 'But great team' is contrived, just look at his face! :banging:

But at least it seems the whole world (apart from Nicaragua - guess those 19 - 0 shirts had to go somewhere!!) is finally being shown the real Patriots. Surely there can't be anymore dirt.....can there? :dang:

X-Terminator
02-17-2008, 02:34 PM

I wish every Pats* fan were honest enough to admit this. You certainly are a true fan of your team :cheers:

steel striker
02-17-2008, 08:12 PM
It is kind of funny that the cheaters are know has the mosted hated team in the NFL. Billicheat is still a very profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery man that thinks he is above everyone and, i hope this will knock him down a few notches. He cheated alot from 2000-2007 but, taping the rams walk through that was down dirty. I mean the super bowl is be held to an higher standard. They should stripped of those titles period! I don't know if that is going to happen but, time will tell.

revefsreleets
02-17-2008, 08:28 PM

You are proud of your teams accomplishments, you mean. Unfortunately for you, those accomplishments exist because of the things you are not proud of, not in spite of them.

lilyoder6
02-17-2008, 08:29 PM
this is my take,,, evryone knows about the bush ordeal and if the ncaa finds him guilty then they will strip his heisman and usc nat championships, so if they are going to do it in college then they should do it in the nfl, where the nfl one is a whole lot bigger than bush

Dino 6 Rings
02-19-2008, 11:26 AM
this is my take,,, evryone knows about the bush ordeal and if the ncaa finds him guilty then they will strip his heisman and usc nat championships, so if they are going to do it in college then they should do it in the nfl, where the nfl one is a whole lot bigger than bush

They would only need to strip USC of one national title, because they only won ONE national title. Effing stupid USC trying to claim the AP title in a BCS title season. Stupid USC. Didn't win, won one, lost to texas. 1 win. Bottom Line.

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 02:35 PM

:thumbsup: Some of your fellow fans can learn from you.

Rhee Rhee
02-19-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm pissed and always will be at NE*****

The Patriot
02-19-2008, 04:35 PM
You are proud of your teams accomplishments, you mean. Unfortunately for you, those accomplishments exist because of the things you are not proud of, not in spite of them.
Nope, I was a Patriots fan before they had acomplished anything.

revefsreleets
02-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Then you were proud of losers who lost but did so fairly and squarely?

I just want to make sure that there really is "That one guy" out there...

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 09:37 AM
I cant believe how closely involved we were in this.

fansince'76
03-12-2008, 09:45 AM
I cant believe how closely involved we were in this.

Well, you can miss a lot when you jump bandwagons so frequently.

klick81
03-12-2008, 09:48 AM

Wow. I must have missed something.

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I dont jump bandwagons I am a steelers fan and rooted for the texans as well as the steelers when i lived in houston i am sorry you all cant take that but thats just immature.

The Patriot
03-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Well just to let you guys know Spygate is hopefully nearing a close. As you had hoped Walsh will reveal what evidence he has but it's not likely to be much. Because the NFL stated that they didn't think Walsh had the tapes; "We have not been able to find evidence that there is a walk-through tape but we are interested in hearing what Matt Walsh has to share with us.'' I do not believe the NFL would not set themselves up with that statement unless they were pretty damn sure of the evidence. I don't want to argue about conspiracy theories. You guys believe what you want. But don't expect to be seeing the Ram's walkthrough. It's more likely to end up being a couple more sideline tapes.

Either way this waiting period is nearing an end.

fansince'76
03-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Well just to let you guys know Spygate is hopefully nearing a close. As you had hoped Walsh will reveal what evidence he has but it's not likely to be much. Because the NFL stated that they didn't think Walsh had the tapes; I do not believe the NFL would not set themselves up with that statement unless they were pretty damn sure of the evidence. I don't want to argue about conspiracy theories. You guys believe what you want. But don't expect to be seeing the Ram's walkthrough. It's more likely to end up being a couple more sideline tapes.

Either way this waiting period is nearing an end.

Yeah, this thread had really been hopping for the last month before a Texans bandwagon jumper bumped it earlier this morning hadn't it? Kinda shows just how much folks around here had been chomping at the bit about the whole episode, doesn't it? :yawn:

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Yeah, this thread had really been hopping for the last month before a Texans bandwagon jumper bumped it earlier this morning hadn't it? Kinda shows just how much folks around here had been chomping at the bit about the whole episode, doesn't it? :yawn:

Why do you all insist to call me a bandwagon jumper please stop.

The Duke
03-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Why do you all insist to call me a bandwagon jumper please stop.

why, why??

i am now going to be the texans representative on steelersfever, the texans are my favorate team as well as the steelers

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=277891&postcount=1

thats why

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 08:07 PM
why, why??

thats why

I know very well i said that i was rooting for the texans and i consider a team i root for a favorate so at the time i rooted for the texans. i would appreciate if you all would not hold this grudge for ever i am going to be here for a while and i want us all to be chill with each other. Please

The Patriot
03-12-2008, 08:19 PM
:blah: This argument is all to familiar on the Pats boards.

polamalu82
03-12-2008, 08:22 PM
If you don't mind me asking. How old are you man? I'm gonna guess16?

fansince'76
03-12-2008, 08:22 PM
why, why??

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=277891&postcount=1

thats why

Thanks for digging up that link, Duke. That thread is still funny as hell! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 08:25 PM

The Duke
03-12-2008, 08:26 PM

really?? :wink02:

polamalu82
03-12-2008, 08:27 PM

My friends wife said her niece was a pats* fan until spygate happened. So I guess that explains why the pats* wagon is losing some wheels.

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 08:32 PM
They might not have Bill next year that would suck for them

polamalu82
03-12-2008, 08:35 PM
They might not have Bill next year that would suck for them

....and funny as hell to the rest of us.:banana:

The Patriot
03-12-2008, 08:40 PM
What are you guys dreaming about? We're winning the Superbowl next year! I'll bet money that we'll have more wins than the Steelers and Texans combined.

polamalu82
03-12-2008, 08:47 PM
]What are you guys dreaming about? [/B]We're winning the Superbowl next year! I'll bet money that we'll have more wins than the Steelers and Texans combined.

We sure the hell ain't dreaming about Brady naked like you prob do. As far as the Steelers having less wins than your Cheatriots*, the Pats* have the easiest schedule in the league this year.

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Tru that polamalu, dang B If you guys win we all know its becuase you cheat! and The steelers will have more win than the pats! You wont even have a good coach! Have you seen our schedule its hard as hell and we will still win more than you all.

lilyoder6
03-12-2008, 09:08 PM
more wins than the steelers and the texans next yr?? wow.. how many games are the pats going to play??? i mean texans are only getting beter after there 8-8 season so thats a bold statement to say after losing half ur superstars..

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Pats can only go down hill

The Patriot
03-12-2008, 09:35 PM
We sure the hell ain't dreaming about Brady naked like you prob do. As far as the Steelers having less wins than your Cheatriots*, the Pats* have the easiest schedule in the league this year.
Hey, we're all playing the same teams the same amount of times over an 8 year period.

NJarhead
03-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Hey, we're all playing the same teams the same amount of times over an 8 year period.

Same franchises. Not the same teams.

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Hey, we're all playing the same teams the same amount of times over an 8 year period. good point haha, but we will still win more

polamalu82
03-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Schedule factoids:

• Eight of Pittsburgh's 10 non-AFC North games are against 2007 playoff teams.

• All 10 non-division foes were .500 or better in 2007.

• New England plays four games against teams that finished over .500 in the 2007 regular season. Pittsburgh plays 10.

• Excluding the Steelers in 2005, the last four Super Bowl champs (Giants, Colts, Pats, Pats) are on Pittsburgh's schedule.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/02/17/long/2.html

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 09:47 PM
wow interesting how its about steelers and pats lol

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 09:54 PM
And i diddnt realize and i hope other fans of other teams realize how hard our schedule is

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-12-2008, 10:38 PM
This isnt a Patriots issue, as much as a Belichek issue.

Steeler coaches used to change their signals the week before playing the Browns, back when Belichek was coaching them. There were rumours that the Browns-coached by Belichek were stealing signals back then.

polamalu82
03-12-2008, 10:45 PM
This isnt a Patriots issue, as much as a Belichek issue.

Steeler coaches used to change their signals the week before playing the Browns, back when Belichek was coaching them. There were rumours that the Browns-coached by Belichek were stealing signals back then.

I guess he thought he had it perfected with the Pats*.

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 10:45 PM
so its more that Belicheat needs to be kicked out of the nfl

tony hipchest
03-13-2008, 12:03 AM
good point haha, but we will still win more
no.

its not a good point.

its a sucky assed, lame, and incorrect point.

the steelers havent played the bills, jets, and dolphins 16 times in the past 8 years.

The Patriot
03-13-2008, 06:16 AM
no.

its not a good point.

its a sucky assed, lame, and incorrect point.

the steelers havent played the bills, jets, and dolphins 16 times in the past 8 years.

The Patriots played the AFC East, the AFC North, and the NFC East.
Next year they will play the AFC East, the AFC West, and the NFC West.

The Steelers played the AFC North, the AFC East, and the NFC West.
Next year they will play the AFC North, the AFC South, and the NFC East.

Do you see the rotations now. I colorcoded it just for you guys. As you can see we play our divisions and switch NFC divisions. You guys do have to play the AFC South but guess when we get to play them. In 2009! :jawdrop: And guess when you get to play the AFC West. 2009! :jawdrop:

The pieces are falling together of Goodell's elaborate plan.

Our division happens to be week right now but maybe that's why they have us playing the Colts and a top AFC team every year.

tony hipchest
03-13-2008, 08:55 AM

Do you see the rotations now. I colorcoded it just for you guys. As you can see we play our divisions and switch NFC divisions. You guys do have to play the AFC South but guess when we get to play them. In 2009! :jawdrop: And guess when you get to play the AFC West. 2009! :jawdrop:

Our division happens to be week right now but maybe that's why they have us playing the Colts and a top AFC team every year.thats lame.

the afc east has reputation of producing the most 1-15 teams in the nfl.

patriots, colts, jets, dolphins.

how the bills have managed to escape this quagmire of suck is beyond me. i guess its just a matter of time...

polamalu82
03-13-2008, 09:21 AM

Our division happens to be week right now but maybe that's why they have us playing the Colts and a top AFC team every year.

I don't care how the rotation goes. The plain and simple is the Pats* have the easiest schedule in the NFL this year. Did you even read what I posted yesterday night when you were on? I'm going to guess no.

MACH1
03-13-2008, 09:57 AM
The league must feel bad for them after taking away a first round pick. :rolleyes: Thinking there's now way they can compete in that juggernaut of a division known as the AFC East. And of course they would never cheat to stay on top.

lilyoder6
03-13-2008, 10:59 AM
yeah i know u have to watch out 4 those dolphins.. i think they are rdy to take over the division....

BettisFan
03-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Yea its funny how amazed people were by them they have the easiest division in the nfl

OX1947
03-13-2008, 06:09 PM
I would be willing to forgive everything that has happen if it meant for that piece of monkey crap to be banned from the league forever. That would be worth it.

The Patriot
03-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Yea its funny how amazed people were by them they have the easiest division in the nfl

Wrong. In the past four years the AFC East and the AFC North have had 40 combined games. Of those 40 games the AFC North leads only 21-19.

We're 9-5 in the playoffs, you're 5-3. "But the Patriot, your team cheats in all its playoff games." Fine, then removing the Patriots and Steelers from the equation, we're 1-2 and your 0-2.

You're 135-121 in the regular season and we're 129-127.

Seems pretty even to me.

tony hipchest
03-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Wrong. In the past four years the AFC East and the AFC North have had 40 combined games. Of those 40 games the AFC North leads only 21-19.

We're 9-5 in the playoffs, you're 5-3. "But the Patriot, your team cheats in all its playoff games." Fine, then removing the Patriots and Steelers from the equation, we're 1-2 and your 0-2.

Seems pretty even to me.yes, but we can easilly admit the bungles, browns, and ravens suck.

only foolish and delusional patfans can try to convince others the afc east is so mighty and tough.

polamalu82
03-13-2008, 08:27 PM

Seems pretty even to me.

Even, I don't think so. Sounds like your envious of our 5 SB rings.

The Patriot
03-13-2008, 09:42 PM
yes, but we can easilly admit the bungles, browns, and ravens suck.

only foolish and delusional patfans can try to convince others the afc east is so mighty and tough.

Hey, if I beat a guy in a bar fight I'm probably gonna brag to you that he was 6'8", 300lbs, and had a knife and chain. The teams you beat are the greatest. The teams who beat you just got lucky.

NJarhead
03-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Hey, if I beat a guy in a bar fight I'm probably gonna brag to you that he was 6'8", 300lbs, and had a knife and chain. The teams you beat are the greatest. The teams who beat you just got lucky.

I sense a response with the term "videotape" in it coming shortly.........

The Patriot
03-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Even, I don't think so. Sounds like your envious of our 5 SB rings.

I'm envious of many things about the Steelers. But I still think you suck. I just hope we can someday share a mutual disrespect. :cheers:

The Patriot
03-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I sense a response with the term "videotape" in it coming shortly.........

and I predict the sun will rise.

NJarhead
03-13-2008, 09:55 PM
and I predict the sun will rise.

Well, it's to be expected afterall. You're only one guy, and Patriots fan on a Steelers' fan board (not that there's anything wrong with that) so it's going to be like swimming against the current sometimes. It'd be the same the other way around.

polamalu82
03-13-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm envious of many things about the Steelers. But I still think you suck. I just hope we can someday share a mutual disrespect. :cheers:

Don't forget the video camera so you can tape it. There ya go TWD86.:thumbsup::sofunny:

The Patriot
03-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Don't forget the video camera so you can tape it. There ya go TWD86.:thumbsup::sofunny:

How can you videotape a state of mind?:eyecrazy:

I swear if you say, "Ask your coach"...

polamalu82
03-13-2008, 10:08 PM
How can you videotape a state of mind?:eyecrazy:

I swear if you say, "Ask your coach"...

:toofunny: You must be a mind reader.

NJarhead
03-14-2008, 03:59 PM

:sofunny:

BettisFan
03-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Belicheat will hopefully be out for next season or longer

Welcome To Smashmouth
03-19-2008, 06:12 PM
....I can't even talk about this. TWO AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS?!?!? Absolutely proposterous

The Patriot
03-19-2008, 09:08 PM
....I can't even talk about this. TWO AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS?!?!? Absolutely proposterous

I know and they destroyed every trace of evidence too!

NJarhead
03-19-2008, 09:13 PM
I know and they destroyed every trace of evidence too!

Yeah, now they're innocent ....Like O.J. :dang:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
03-21-2008, 08:49 PM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_032108/content/01125110.guest.html

RUSH: My final question is... I'm dealing with just a couple of minutes here.

SEN. SPECTER: Yeah.

RUSH: Lot of football fans in this audience. Since the Super Bowl we've heard very little about this guy in Hawaii, Matt Walsh, that claims to have videotape of the New England Patriots and the St. Louis Rams walk-through the Saturday before their Super Bowl. What's the status of that?

SEN. SPECTER: Well, the status of it is that there has been an exchange of correspondence between Walsh's lawyers and the NFL lawyers. I've seen the letters. Walsh's lawyer let me see them on a promise of confidentiality, and I believe an objective and fair reading of those letters is that the NFL is discouraging Walsh from coming forward.

RUSH: Really? Because their statements are just exact opposite.

SEN. SPECTER: Well, the NFL says they're trying to encourage them, and I issued the challenge to the commissioner a couple of Saturdays ago, and they put out a Sunday release that they were making substantial progress. Well, we've had almost two weeks since that Sunday release, and nothing has happened. I believe those... Listen, I think the NFL has a duty of integrity. They have an anti-trust exemption, which gives them a preferred position. They are role models. If you can cheat in the NFL, you can cheat in college or high school or sixth grade math test. I think ultimately, Rush, if we get enough fire under it, they're going to have to show those letters -- and when they do, they're going to have to change their tune and let Walsh testify, because those reports are looking pretty strong, but there was filming for the 2002 Super Bowl.

Rather interesting statement eh.

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 09:02 PM

RUSH: Lot of football fans in this audience. Since the Super Bowl we've heard very little about this guy in Hawaii, Matt Walsh, that claims to have videotape of the New England Patriots and the St. Louis Rams walk-through the Saturday before their Super Bowl. What's the status of that?

SEN. SPECTER: Well, the status of it is that there has been an exchange of correspondence between Walsh's lawyers and the NFL lawyers. I've seen the letters. Walsh's lawyer let me see them on a promise of confidentiality, and I believe an objective and fair reading of those letters is that the NFL is discouraging Walsh from coming forward.

SEN. SPECTER: Well, the NFL says they're trying to encourage them, and I issued the challenge to the commissioner a couple of Saturdays ago, and they put out a Sunday release that they were making substantial progress. Well, we've had almost two weeks since that Sunday release, and nothing has happened. I believe those... Listen, I think the NFL has a duty of integrity. They have an anti-trust exemption, which gives them a preferred position. They are role models. If you can cheat in the NFL, you can cheat in college or high school or sixth grade math test. I think ultimately, Rush, if we get enough fire under it, they're going to have to show those letters -- and when they do, they're going to have to change their tune and let Walsh testify, because those reports are looking pretty strong, but there was filming for the 2002 Super Bowl.

Just makes me so pissed becuase all the superbowl's they won they diddnt really "win" Its not cool Belicheat should be kicked from the league.

The Patriot
03-21-2008, 09:24 PM

Wow, Walsh is sending Specter copies of his letters from the NFL? Why doesn't he just send him a copy of the tape so Specter can atleast varify its existence? This is getting ridiculous. If there's a tape show it. You're telling me that you're a United States Senator and you can't get around a non-disclosure agreement made between a sports franchise and a former employee that may or may not even exist!

The NFL isn't stonewalling, Walsh is.

"I'll be honest with you. I can't really be guilted into anything," he said. "Maybe... you don't think I have a conscience because of the people I was exposed to and what they had me doing," he continued, but "really, I just [have] no incentive to really talk to anybody, no reason to do it. For me, personally, I haven't really been able to see the gain in doing it."
That's interesting Walsh because I know where the Lost City of Atlantis is. I'd show you but... then I'd have to get up.

fansince'76
03-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Wow, Walsh is sending Specter copies of his letters from the NFL? Why doesn't he just send him a copy of the tape so Specter can atleast varify its existence? This is getting ridiculous. If there's a tape show it. You're telling me that you're a United States Senator and you can't get around a non-disclosure agreement made between a sports franchise and a former employee that may or may not even exist!

The NFL isn't stonewalling, Walsh is.

That's interesting Walsh because I know where the Lost City of Atlantis is. I'd show you but... then I'd have to get up.

If he's got nothing, why do you feel so compelled to try and debunk him here? Take the conspiracy bullsh*t back to your Pats board where it will be appreciated. It'll just get laughed at here.

The Patriot
03-21-2008, 10:03 PM
If he's got nothing, why do you feel so compelled to try and debunk him here? Take the conspiracy bullsh*t back to your Pats board where it will be appreciated. It'll just get laughed at here.

Conspiracy bullshit.:sofunny: You're the one crying cover up!
Seriously though, your negative attitude tells me that you have no real desire to solve this. You just want to take half the facts to fabricate a verdict. I think you just want your team to be awarded for something they did not achieve.

fansince'76
03-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Conspiracy bullshit.:sofunny: You're the one crying cover up!
Seriously though, your negative attitude tells me that you have no real desire to solve this. You just want to take half the facts to fabricate a verdict. I think you just want your team to be awarded for something they did not achieve.

"WAAAHHH! Specter needs to stop picking on the Pats! WAAAHHH!" Sound familiar?

Despite the utter contempt I have for that franchise, I really do believe we lost the '04 AFCCG to a team who at the time was playing better than we were. The only reason we survived the divisional game against the Jets the week before is because their PK shanked not one, but TWO chip-shot FGs that would have won them the game. The 2004 team peaked in late October/early November and the team's overall quality of play tapered off big time after clobbering the Pats* and Eagles in successive weeks.

Yeah, I really want my team to be "retroactively rewarded" for a SB they didn't win. Get real. Yours is the franchise of fake injury reports, black helicopters and Tom Clancy novels, not mine. Like I said earlier, take it back to your Pats board where it will be appreciated. No desire to solve this? I DON'T CARE about it anymore at this point. I'm looking forward to the draft next month, personally.

BettisFan
03-21-2008, 10:23 PM
The last couple years of Patriots miracle success has been from cheating, all respect that was given if any is now gone, All acheivments will still be down in the history and record books, but we all know what really happend here, a cheating team with a cheating coach. This together equals a cheating organazation. The taping of other practices! How bad does your team have to be that you cant gameplan by using game film like the other 31 franchises? I guess this is all just the "patriot way" and we will have to live with that, it seems as though this cheating lifestyle was going to slip through the cracks of other teams and Roger Goodell but it hasnt. With the fans backing up the NFL hopefully the Patriots (how ironic the patriots.. huh) will be punished. While all of us here (most of us) fans of the steelers a team that runs fairly and right way goes through its good times and bad, wins a superbowl here and there we wont ever have to worry about the integrity of our wins and loss collumn we can go on and say well atleast we tried and won or lost the right way, but as for you patriots fans out there you wont be able to have the same great feeling we all have inside. Have a great rest of your night The Patriot and continue to live in your patriot ways.

Sincerely,
BettisFan

tony hipchest
03-21-2008, 10:24 PM

Yeah, I really want my team to be "retroactively rewarded" for a SB they didn't win. Get real. Yours is the franchise of fake injury reports, black helicopters and Tom Clancy novels, not mine. Like I said earlier, take it back to your Pats board where it will be appreciated. No desire to solve this? I DON'T CARE about it anymore at this point. I'm looking forward to the draft next month, personally.http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/ownage.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
03-21-2008, 10:48 PM
:sofunny:

The Patriot
03-21-2008, 11:07 PM

Yeah, I really want my team to be "retroactively rewarded" for a SB they didn't win. Get real. Yours is the franchise of fake injury reports, black helicopters and Tom Clancy novels, not mine. Like I said earlier, take it back to your Pats board where it will be appreciated. No desire to solve this? I DON'T CARE about it anymore at this point. I'm looking forward to the draft next month, personally.

If you don't care then why are we having this argument? There must be 200+ active threads on these forums yet you choose the one that least interests you. If you're looking forward to the next draft then may I suggest the NFL Draft section. Perhaps there you'll find a discussion more suitable.

As for me, I'm not out for appreciation. I'm here for the clash of different opinions. I enjoy aggressive conversation for the same reason I enjoy aggressive sports. If you don't like me then go talk about something else because the fact is, there are maybe two or three threads on this board that I occupy. I won't invade your team's draft and trade discussions so go have a blast.:wave:

fansince'76
03-21-2008, 11:12 PM
If you don't care then why are we having this argument? There must be 200+ active threads on these forums yet you choose the one that least interests you. If you're looking forward to the next draft then may I suggest the NFL Draft section. Perhaps there you'll find a discussion more suitable.

As for me, I'm not out for appreciation. I'm here for the clash of different opinions. I enjoy aggressive conversation for the same reason I enjoy aggressive sports. If you don't like me then go talk about something else because the fact is, there are maybe two or three threads on this board that I occupy. I won't invade your team's draft and trade discussions so go have a blast.:wave:

Yep, telling me where I can and can't post now. Typical smug superiority I'd expect from a Pats fan. We're having this argument because it seems to kill you when you don't get the last word in. And for the most part, I HAVE ignored you, so don't feel the need to flatter yourself. If it makes ya feel better, I won't respond to your next post, which I'm sure is coming due to your need to get the last word in. :cookie:

tony hipchest
03-21-2008, 11:17 PM
I enjoy aggressive conversation for the same reason I enjoy aggressive sports.

so aggressive! yet so sensitive...

spector and walsh really got you sweatin it, huh?

heres the patfan quote of the year i saw on a patsboard:

Im done with Spygate, I got caught up in it, mostly because it was on the heels of the super bowl, and emotion got the best of me.. Its just a media witch hunt, and it will go away if we ignore it..

BettisFan
03-22-2008, 01:20 AM
so aggressive! yet so sensitive...

spector and walsh really got you sweatin it, huh?

heres the patfan quote of the year i saw on a patsboard:

"I'm done with Spygate, I got caught up in it, mostly because it was on the heels of the super bowl, and emotion got the best of me.. Its just a media witch hunt, and it will go away if we ignore it.."

Wow its like a view into another world, thats crazy, so this shows a couple things, that you pats fans know this is all true (spygate) and how stupid and pathetic you guys are to think that if you ignore it , this will go away as I said in my previous statement which seemed to be ignored,(The last couple years of Patriots miracle success has been from cheating, all respect that was given if any is now gone, All acheivments will still be down in the history and record books, but we all know what really happend here, a cheating team with a cheating coach. This together equals a cheating organazation. The taping of other practices! How bad does your team have to be that you cant gameplan by using game film like the other 31 franchises? I guess this is all just the "patriot way" and we will have to live with that, it seems as though this cheating lifestyle was going to slip through the cracks of other teams and Roger Goodell but it hasnt. With the fans backing up the NFL hopefully the Patriots (how ironic the patriots.. huh) will be punished. While all of us here (most of us) fans of the steelers a team that runs fairly and right way goes through its good times and bad, wins a superbowl here and there we wont ever have to worry about the integrity of our wins and loss collumn we can go on and say well atleast we tried and won or lost the right way, but as for you patriots fans out there you wont be able to have the same great feeling we all have inside. Have a great rest of your night The Patriot and continue to live in your patriot ways.) This will not slip into the cracks of the many problems in the NFL, the pats, Belicheat and anyone else involved will and should be punished. The reason i repeat my self on this is due to the fact that because of one bad team, one bad coach and players the National Football League is now tainted, its just not right and for someone to say it will just go away is pityful.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-22-2008, 05:28 AM
I think you just want your team to be awarded for something they did not achieve.

As opposed to achieving something you didnt deserve?

You can stick your fingers in your ears and sing koom-by-ya all you want...but the reality is that every Patriots* fan can try and publicly justify their teams cheating in a myriad assortment of excuses...but PRIVATELY they are living with the reality that the cheating timeline, coincides with their "*Dynasty". Its all been a lie and an illusion.

There is no escaping the fact that Belicheat was pretending to be the "Great & Mighty Oz"...when he was really a small, unhappy, nappy-dressed cheater behind the curtain...and all of his "genious" lay in a very unmagical...and uninspired video camera.

No tremendous gameplan...
No Cinderella quarterback...
No uncanny ability to build a team...

......just a video camera...and a legacy of cheating that your team will live with for decades.

....very sad.

The Patriot
03-22-2008, 09:26 PM
As opposed to achieving something you didnt deserve?

You can stick your fingers in your ears and sing koom-by-ya all you want...but the reality is that every Patriots* fan can try and publicly justify their teams cheating in a myriad assortment of excuses...but PRIVATELY they are living with the reality that the cheating timeline, coincides with their "*Dynasty". Its all been a lie and an illusion.

There is no escaping the fact that Belicheat was pretending to be the "Great & Mighty Oz"...when he was really a small, unhappy, nappy-dressed cheater behind the curtain...and all of his "genious" lay in a very unmagical...and uninspired video camera.

No tremendous gameplan...
No Cinderella quarterback...
No uncanny ability to build a team...

......just a video camera...and a legacy of cheating that your team will live with for decades.

....very sad.
You know what, show me Walsh's videotape of the Rams walkthrough or find one other person to varify the tapes existence and I'll believe everything you say. But so far your entire argument is based off the word of some bloke in Hawaii.

polamalu82
03-22-2008, 10:58 PM
You know what, show me Walsh's videotape of the Rams walkthrough or find one other person to varify the tapes existence and I'll believe everything you say. But so far your entire argument is based off the word of some bloke in Hawaii.

Walsh has more creditability then your beloved Pats* do right now.

BettisFan
03-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Honestly if this guy wants to praise the Pats he should go to a pats board where they all together make believe their team is honest and fair!

Elvis
03-23-2008, 06:27 AM
:blah:
Who Cares?... until someone shows the proof that they supposedly have, then I just wish everyone would forget about this junk!!!