PDA

View Full Version : mock draft....again

19ward86
02-15-2008, 12:08 PM
i know you guys read these all the time but i think that draft threads are cool because it can sometimes bring up a guy that has never been mentioned before.

steelers draft 2008

1. jeff otah-pitt-OT

2. ray rice(complement to willie)-RB-rutgers

3. steve justice-wake forest-center/guard

4.Josh Johnson-QB-San Diego-successor of charlie batch-http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=166992
this guy has some greats stats, even for Division 2 football.

5. Adrian Arrington-Michigan-WR, tall receiver who was overshadowed by Mario Manningham.

6. Corey Lynch-Safety-Appalachian State-dont know a lot about him but i have heard his name a lot lately.

7. Andrew Crummey-Guard-Maryland

slippy
02-15-2008, 12:43 PM
if the steelers draft a QB this year, colbert should be fired on the spot.

how do you take s projected backup 4th ?!!!!!!

19ward86
02-15-2008, 02:57 PM
we drafted omar jacobs in the 4th, he just coldnt get the playbook down. i dont see a problem with drafting a quarterback as long as it isnt in the first 3 rounds, we will have to draft one sooner or later.

yinzer-inseattle
02-15-2008, 03:27 PM
My guess is that Charlie Batch's replacement (if it even comes to that) is starting or pushing for a starting job on some team right now. No need to draft a rook when you can pick up a former starter to step in as #2. Just wait there are a few of these guys out there (Grossman, Huard, Greise, etc) who will be willing to join the Steelers as a back up because they know they are not going to start anywhere else. The price will be right for us to pick up a good value.

Elvis
02-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Sorry 19Ward86, I just cant understand taking a QB that early either ole' buddy. Maybe a 7th rounder but nothing more than that unless Josh David Booty is still available in the 4th or 5th and I dont see that happening. C Steve Justice might not be a bad pick at all if he is still there that late, but I really dont see that happening either. I just think that our O Line must get more help through the draft unless they are gonna sign a bigtime Center or a Guard or a L Offensive Tackle. If we could sign a bigtime OT in FA then I could see us drafting someone like WR Early Deucet from LSU, then a OG in the 2nd or trade up in the 3rd and grab one.
:cheers:

MasterOfPuppets
02-15-2008, 06:47 PM
we drafted omar jacobs in the 4th, he just coldnt get the playbook down. i dont see a problem with drafting a quarterback as long as it isnt in the first 3 rounds, we will have to draft one sooner or later.jacobs was a 5th.

MDSteel15
02-15-2008, 07:01 PM
My guess is that Charlie Batch's replacement (if it even comes to that) is starting or pushing for a starting job on some team right now. No need to draft a rook when you can pick up a former starter to step in as #2. Just wait there are a few of these guys out there (Grossman, Huard, Greise, etc) who will be willing to join the Steelers as a back up because they know they are not going to start anywhere else. The price will be right for us to pick up a good value.

As long as it isn't Grossman! I'd take Greise in a second. He was a winner in Denver so why couldn't he be a dependable backup here?:jammin:

MDSteel15
02-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Sorry 19Ward86, I just cant understand taking a QB that early either ole' buddy. Maybe a 7th rounder but nothing more than that unless Josh David Booty is still available in the 4th or 5th and I dont see that happening. C Steve Justice might not be a bad pick at all if he is still there that late, but I really dont see that happening either. I just think that our O Line must get more help through the draft unless they are gonna sign a bigtime Center or a Guard or a L Offensive Tackle. If we could sign a bigtime OT in FA then I could see us drafting someone like WR Early Deucet from LSU, then a OG in the 2nd or trade up in the 3rd and grab one.
:cheers:

You mean John David Booty, his brother Josh just got arrested! No need for that....lol

MDSteel15
02-15-2008, 07:04 PM
i know you guys read these all the time but i think that draft threads are cool because it can sometimes bring up a guy that has never been mentioned before.

steelers draft 2008

1. jeff otah-pitt-OT

2. ray rice(complement to willie)-RB-rutgers

3. steve justice-wake forest-center/guard

4.Josh Johnson-QB-San Diego-successor of charlie batch-http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=166992
this guy has some greats stats, even for Division 2 football.

5. Adrian Arrington-Michigan-WR, tall receiver who was overshadowed by Mario Manningham.

6. Corey Lynch-Safety-Appalachian State-dont know a lot about him but i have heard his name a lot lately.

7. Andrew Crummey-Guard-Maryland

No one else said anything but we only have 6 picks:
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and 6th. 7th is gone due to Allen Rossum.
Other than that, take out Rice and Johnson, add a gaurd and I like all the other guys.

Aussie_steeler
02-15-2008, 10:09 PM
I'd like to see someone drafted for the D line.

I like the center pick in the third. I think Pollack goes in the second so Justice is possible in the third.

I could live with the first 3 picks.:tt02:

Rhee Rhee
02-16-2008, 01:07 AM
if stewart is available i'd rather have him as the compliment to Willie if anyone...

Rhee Rhee
02-16-2008, 01:08 AM
i dont mind taking a QB this year but just not in the 4th... besides we could take a flier on dennis dixon... he'll be there in round 5 or 6... teams will definitely be scared away with his knee

Galax Steeler
02-16-2008, 05:20 AM
if stewart is available i'd rather have him as the compliment to Willie if anyone...

Amen to that I love watching him play.

MDSteel15
02-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Amen to that I love watching him play.

I think he will go in the first. What about Johnson in 2nd or 3rd?

Rhee Rhee
02-16-2008, 06:32 PM
I think he will go in the first. What about Johnson in 2nd or 3rd?

chris johnson is no better than a 3rd rounder... he's never played a single position BUT a i love his speed,athleticism and potential...

Bam Morris' Kin
02-16-2008, 08:46 PM
:tt02:I'm liking the idea of getting a bruiser RB & tall WR in the draft. But instead of drafting a backup QB that high in the draft, they should address needs on both lines. Our lines are either aging (DL) or pretty shotty (OL). Both of which could use some upgrades in this draft, and I'm thinking Pitt's own Jeff Otah is a good start. The Steelers also need to draft a stout, hard running, between the tackles RB who can be dependable on short yardage and on goal line situations. Sorry, but Najeh "The Closet Crapper" Davenport isn't that guy. He's decent jack of all trades, 3rd down back, but not that bruiser. Many good WRs seem to come from smaller schools and can be found late in the draft, so hopefully the Steelers can find themselves a steal with height around 6'5". Back to drafting a QB... My question is this... what about St. Pierre that is already on the team??? He's a solid player, and wouldn't be a bad backup after Batch retires or even now. Hes 6'3 230 lbs and has been with the team for 5 years, what more could you want?:tt02:

Go Steelers... Hopefully Spector gives Goodell the business!!!:cheers:

Rhee Rhee
02-17-2008, 12:30 AM
how many times has brian st. pierre been cut from us?

id MUCH rather have someone else in the draft... i really thought omar jacobs was gonna be our future backup but oh well...

im incredibly low on andre woodson... and as the draft gets nearer and nearer i see his stock freefalling... with a slow 40 time and a bad combine he's only one workout away from going on the second day and becoming our back up QB :thumbsup::tt02:

MDSteel15
02-17-2008, 12:31 AM
chris johnson is no better than a 3rd rounder... he's never played a single position BUT a i love his speed,athleticism and potential...

Then take an OT 1, OG 2, Johnson 3, C 4, and so on!

19ward86
02-17-2008, 07:17 PM
ok, maybe josh johnson was a stretch, but his 43 TDs and 1 int just astounded me. which doesnt make any sence because as a backup he wouldnt play anyway.... i wouldnt mind taking a D lineman in the fourth, but i would like to see the steelers trade up to get a guy like ryan clady from boise state, or whatever his name is. so if the steelers are thinking about drafting another guy like ryan mcbean who will never get his shot(so it seems), i would like to see them trade their 1st and 4th pick to move up a few spots.

MasterOfPuppets
02-18-2008, 12:02 AM
ok, maybe josh johnson was a stretch, but his 43 TDs and 1 int just astounded me. which doesnt make any sence because as a backup he wouldnt play anyway.... i wouldnt mind taking a D lineman in the fourth, but i would like to see the steelers trade up to get a guy like ryan clady from boise state, or whatever his name is. so if the steelers are thinking about drafting another guy like ryan mcbean who will never get his shot(so it seems), i would like to see them trade their 1st and 4th pick to move up a few spots.
omar jacobs had a 41 td - 4 int season himself. where is he now? look at what this moron predicted for his future....

I am not going to waste any time in saying that I absolutely love Jacobs and prefer him over Matt Leinart. Jacobs will be a better NFL quarterback. He has a huge arm, good vision, and great mobility. He has gotten the most out of the marginal talent that he has around him.
Considering that Jacobs completed 30-of-51 passes for a career-best 458 yards and five touchdowns against Wisconsin, it would be safe to say that that the competition argument is a moot point. Jacobs has done all that he can with the team and the players that surround him. He has all the tools necessary to be great in the NFL, even though the learning curve may take a little longer.
Although I see Jacobs as a solid first-round selection, he probably will not go until the second or third. But whoever lands him will be landing a franchise quarterback.

http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/p/omarjacobs.htm

lilyoder6
02-18-2008, 12:09 AM
i hope the steelers will draft smart this yr.. b/c i still say we should of drafter quinn in the 1st rd