PDA

View Full Version : Poll for the Men

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Okay...I am talking to two young ladies the other day and they were sharing with me how they were going to make their boyfriend's Valentines Day special by making a homemade meal and homemade dessert.

In a moment of brutal honesty I told them...that if we (men) did that for them, they (women) would most certainly think it was special because of all the work put into it...but that it doesnt work that way in reverse. The end result is much more important then the means. translation: I would rather have a GREAT meal with a person I love..then a good meal made by the person I love.

Needless to say you would have though I just told them that all men are primeval slime.

So I did an informal survey at work...and 100% of the guys agreed...we appreciate our better halves slaving over a homecooked meal....but if given our choice...give me a big ol' steak from Shula's!!!!

So this Poll is for the men only..what do you think?

tony hipchest
02-15-2008, 03:52 PM
me man. me cook steak. me steak touch nothin but grill. :yummy:

woman put steak in frying pan. :dang: me no like.

tony hipchest
02-15-2008, 03:56 PM
this is kinda funny (cause im the cook of the house) but last night i was cooked a valentines dinner of organic spaghetti noodles with organic sauce (no meat).

while i appreciated the gesture i told her she might need to add some ketchup to the sauce to flavor it up some. :dang:

Preacher
02-15-2008, 04:22 PM
I gotta say I agree with you.

I would rather have the conversation and a relaxed wife rather than a wife who has slaved all day, worn herself out, and is on pins and needles waiting to see if you liked dinner.

PisnNapalm
02-15-2008, 04:58 PM
I do far more actual cooking on our house than my wife does. She steps up for the holidays when we have company. I gotta admit she can cook a great turkey.

revefsreleets
02-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Women who cook (and cook well) are a dying breed. Then again, like anything else (ducking as I type this) we do, men are naturally better cooks than women, anyway.

If I had my choice, I would take the homecooked meal 100 times out of 100 times.

steelwall
02-15-2008, 09:12 PM
Problem is, my wife is a terrible cook....... glad she doesnt read these forums...

Aussie_steeler
02-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Take going out everytime. My wife is a sensational cook and I have to work hard to keep the pounds off due to the quality of her cooking.

When you get the chance to leave your kids with baby sitters and go out for a great meal you jump at it. I love my kids more than anything, but you have gotta appreciate it cause It only happens once or twice a year.

Good food tastes ever better when it is whinge and whine free.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-16-2008, 05:06 AM
I gotta say I agree with you.

I would rather have the conversation and a relaxed wife rather than a wife who has slaved all day, worn herself out, and is on pins and needles waiting to see if you liked dinner.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-17-2008, 05:45 AM
Take going out everytime. My wife is a sensational cook and I have to work hard to keep the pounds off due to the quality of her cooking.

When you get the chance to leave your kids with baby sitters and go out for a great meal you jump at it. I love my kids more than anything, but you have gotta appreciate it cause It only happens once or twice a year.

Good food tastes ever better when it is whinge and whine free.

need a translation on that one...."whinge"?

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-17-2008, 05:47 AM
need a translation on that one...."whinge"?

Ahhhhhh never mind,,,found it.

WHINGE:
British : to complain fretfully

Stlrs4Life
02-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Nothing beats a great home cooked meal by the wife.

stlrtruck
02-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Since my wife cooks all the time, I'd have to go with the meal out!!!

Dino 6 Rings
02-21-2008, 01:41 PM
A good home cooked meal by my wife, is always a great meal. Even if it isn't the 5 Star restaurant quality that is considered "Great" her meals always hit the spot. I'd rather have her cook for me, and enjoy it together, at home, then have someone else prepare us a great meal.

cause when its a home cooked meal...Dessert is always that much easier to get to
:getdown:

TroysBadDawg
02-22-2008, 07:24 PM
cause when its a home cooked meal...Dessert is always that much easier to get to
:getdown:

What dessert are you talking about.....Just asking?:bouncy:
And do you get seconds with it? :cheers::banana:

:dang::dang:

The Duke
02-22-2008, 11:50 PM
gee, what happened to just getting a pizza and beer with the woman you love :hunch:

TeeJay
02-23-2008, 01:32 AM
Ahhhhhh never mind,,,found it.

WHINGE:
British : to complain fretfully

Damn you Sir, I'm always complaining fretfully about the weather here, whilst I adjust my monocule and beat my servants.

And yes...I haven't a blinky blimey clue what...to complain fretfully ACTUALLY means...I wasn't born in Dickension England. Yay.