PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law Anyone?

RJC
02-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Rumors circulating that Ty Law will be released by the Chiefs. This blurb was posted over at ProFootballTalk.Com, "CHIEFS TO CUT LAW. A league source tells us that the Kansas City Chiefs soon will be releasing veteran cornerback Ty Law. Law, 33, was cut by the Patriots in February 2005. He played for the Jets that year, and then signed with the Chiefs in 2006. Signed through 2010, Law is due to earn a base salary of $6.5 million in the coming season." Now, seeing as though Anthony Smith sucks so far in coverage, and Ryan Clark is still recovering from a serious health issue, it's my opinion that we take the Aliquippa boy home to the 'Burgh and have play a little FS ala Rod Woodson. Everyone has seen it done. Whether it was Ronnie Lott, Rod Woodson, Jason Sehorn, or Aneas Williams they were all CBs that made the move to FS/SS in an effort to extend their careers. Ty Law should be ready to make that move. He's a heady vet that knows how the exact way secondary play should be done. I say bring him in a 3-4 year deal as the starting FS and help solidify that defensive backfield.....
:thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Rumors circulating that Ty Law will be released by the Chiefs. This blurb was posted over at ProFootballTalk.Com, "CHIEFS TO CUT LAW. A league source tells us that the Kansas City Chiefs soon will be releasing veteran cornerback Ty Law. Law, 33, was cut by the Patriots in February 2005. He played for the Jets that year, and then signed with the Chiefs in 2006. Signed through 2010, Law is due to earn a base salary of $6.5 million in the coming season." Now, seeing as though Anthony Smith sucks so far in coverage, and Ryan Clark is still recovering from a serious health issue, it's my opinion that we take the Aliquippa boy home to the 'Burgh and have play a little FS ala Rod Woodson. Everyone has seen it done. Whether it was Ronnie Lott, Rod Woodson, Jason Sehorn, or Aneas Williams they were all CBs that made the move to FS/SS in an effort to extend their careers. Ty Law should be ready to make that move. He's a heady vet that knows how the exact way secondary play should be done. I say bring him in a 3-4 year deal as the starting FS and help solidify that defensive backfield.....
:thumbsup:

Smith isnt the fastest safety ...but can outrun Law backwards. Law was great...lets let him go quietly into the night....preferably in someone elses colors.

ChronoCross
02-16-2008, 05:12 PM
what the heck.. has everyone lost there mind by post this player and that player and then to post a old goat like law.. I know we go in depression stage during FA but dang. Lets create 10 thousands post on players we do not need are who are over the hill are who do not even fit to are system. Thank God the coach knows we need to get younger and not bring in relics.

RJC
02-16-2008, 05:18 PM
what the heck.. has everyone lost there mind by post this player and that player and then to post a old goat like law.. I know we go in depression stage during FA but dang. Lets create 10 thousands post on players we do not need are who are over the hill are who do not even fit to are system. Thank God the coach knows we need to get younger and not bring in relics.

Tom Donahoe? Is that you? It has to be, after all that's the exact same thing he said when he allowed Rod Woodson to go, only to watch him switch positions and go to another 3 or 4 more Pro Bowls. All we need now is to have some suggest we bring a former player back like Randle El and then you can say "We are not the Salvation Army" and I'll be positive you're Tom Donahoe.....:kick:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-16-2008, 05:19 PM

Wonder what Merle Olson is doing?:huh:

Rhee Rhee
02-16-2008, 05:22 PM
good idea by switching him to FS but i'd rather have him as a nickel CB... i trust ryan clark to get the job done and to come back healthy... it's our 3rd CB after deshea and ike that i'm questioning... no diss to mcfadden but other than that INT return for a TD this season i rarely saw him...

19ward86
02-16-2008, 05:22 PM
chad scott was my favorite defensive back when he played for the steelers, he was basically released because they didnt think he could play anymore, he was around 30 at the time, ty law is what 33, 34...there is no way in hell he will be signed.

RJC
02-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Wonder what Merle Olson is doing?:huh:

Merle? You probably meant Merlin Olson right?

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Merle? You probably meant Merlin Olson right?

Gawd...thanks....I am on 14 1/2 hours of a 16 hour shift.....been here since 3a.m.

I need a spotter.

revefsreleets
02-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Sure! Can we also hire Kim Jong-il as the Steelers ombudsman? Osama bin Laden can sing the National Anthem, and then we can have neo-Nazi skinheads come out and perform at halftime next year, too. The Steelers can also hire a Satanic Priest to say the prayer (to Satan, of course) before each game. I mean, if you're going to go for it, why not go for it all?

Mosca
02-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Tom Donahoe? Is that you? It has to be, after all that's the exact same thing he said when he allowed Rod Woodson to go, only to watch him switch positions and go to another 3 or 4 more Pro Bowls. All we need now is to have some suggest we bring a former player back like Randle El and then you can say "We are not the Salvation Army" and I'll be positive you're Tom Donahoe.....:kick:

Woodson was one out of a hundred that the decision to let him leave didn't pan out, and at the time it was correct; he was coming off two sub-par seasons in a row and his health was questionable. Too bad the crystal ball couldn't see the future as well as you can see the past, huh? The Steelers' track record for ditching guys when they've peaked is pretty close to perfect, IMO.

I agree 100% with Chrono; all the guys suggested are the guys who we would let go if we had them, too.

You take the team of old rejects, and I'll take whatever team we actually field, and my team will mop the field with yours. I'll even let you have Faneca and Starks.

83-Steelers-43
02-16-2008, 06:12 PM
I didn't want Law a few years back when he hit the FA market and rumors were circulating that he would take one of those infamous "hometown discounts" that a good number of fans feel players will automatically take just because they are from Pittsburgh or Western Pennsylvania.

I said no then and I say no now.

fansince'76
02-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Tom Donahoe? Is that you? It has to be, after all that's the exact same thing he said when he allowed Rod Woodson to go, only to watch him switch positions and go to another 3 or 4 more Pro Bowls.

Mmm...so what? The man's been gone close to a decade now. :coffee:

83-Steelers-43
02-16-2008, 06:23 PM

I've already read a call for the return of Wayne Gandy.....now Ty Law.

Sign both and we can start a Steelers Fever Death Poll next season. Just an idea.

rick723
02-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Smith isnt the fastest safety ...but can outrun Law backwards. Law was great...lets let him go quietly into the night....preferably in someone elses colors.

Yeah Ty. Go back to Hopewell and chill out. You were one of the best, but the younger guys caught ya now. Say hi to Hank Weber, he is still one of your biggest fans. He went to all of your high school games and still goes to them all today.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Sure! Can we also hire Kim Jong-il as the Steelers ombudsman? Osama bin Laden can sing the National Anthem, and then we can have neo-Nazi skinheads come out and perform at halftime next year, too. The Steelers can also hire a Satanic Priest to say the prayer (to Satan, of course) before each game. I mean, if you're going to go for it, why not go for it all?

I don't know I think the Santanic Priest may be a bit too much.:wink02:

MDSteel15
02-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I didn't want Law a few years back when he hit the FA market and rumors were circulating that he would take one of those infamous "hometown discounts" that a good number of fans feel players will automatically take just because they are from Pittsburgh or Western Pennsylvania.

Yeah, I'm so glad he had 10 INTs for some other team that season.... :toofunny:
I say he can convert to safty and contribute probably better than what we have. He's a potential H.O.F.er who has the talent to make the switch. BUT only if he takes a cut! :cheers:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-17-2008, 03:51 AM
I say he can convert to safty and contribute probably better than what we have. He's a potential H.O.F.er who has the talent to make the switch. BUT only if he takes a cut! :cheers:

I wouldnt use that one season where he had 10 interception as a ruler. That was the most he ever had. He has averaged 4 interceptions per year in his career

The Chiefs let him go after he lost a step due to a foot injury and surgery in 2005 that continues to bother him.

Also keep in mind that he doesnt fit the Steelers preference for players who stay out of trouble. This is the same dude who was driving down the wrong side of the road in Florida....was flagged down by a police officer.... initially pulled over, but then sped off, prompting the officers to chase him until he stopped again....The officers then told Law to put his hands behind his back, and he "became agitated" and ran... leading the police on a foot chase through a popular nightclub district in Miami Beach....when they caught up with him he demanded they "not touch him because he was a professional athlete".

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2004-04-19-law-arrest_x.htm

Galax Steeler
02-17-2008, 06:42 AM
I wouldnt use that one season where he had 10 interception as a ruler. That was the most he ever had. He has averaged 4 interceptions per year in his career

The Chiefs let him go after he lost a step due to a foot injury and surgery in 2005 that continues to bother him.

Also keep in mind that he doesnt fit the Steelers preference for players who stay out of trouble. This is the same dude who was driving down the wrong side of the road in Florida....was flagged down by a police officer.... initially pulled over, but then sped off, prompting the officers to chase him until he stopped again....The officers then told Law to put his hands behind his back, and he "became agitated" and ran... leading the police on a foot chase through a popular nightclub district in Miami Beach....when they caught up with him he demanded they "not touch him because he was a professional athlete".

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2004-04-19-law-arrest_x.htm

We don't need someone like this on the team to cause distractions and everything else also the age issue I say no.

Michael Keller
02-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Boy I can see that everybody has had their Dark Coffee this AM. I am an Aliquippa High grad and there was a time I would have loved seeing law in black and gold. That time has come and gone . The Steelers need to look to the future .. They are not one player away from the super bowl .Yes get younger and faster.

Talk about Aliquippa boys, I am dissapointed they didn"t draft Poz.

HometownGal
02-17-2008, 07:05 AM
Short and sweet. NO.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 10:50 AM

Oh that's right, I forgot about that season.

Now was that the season before or after the first time he was arrested by U.S. Custom agents up in Niagra Falls, NY for ecstasy possesion?

or...

Was it around the second time he was arrested down in Miami when he led police on a foot chase after being pulled over in his Rolls-Royce? Telling the police not to touch him because "I am a professional athlete".

Yeah, no idea what the Rooney's were thinking by not jumping on that FA at the time, but hey, he's hitting 34 and he has a bum foot. I'm sure the Rooney's will take a nice long look at him this time around. Afterall, the Rooney's are known for going after aging, injury plagued players with past run-ins with the law. I'm sure they will get right on it.:coffee:

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Short and sweet. NO.

I repeat, short and sweet. NO.

lilyoder6
02-17-2008, 11:13 AM
he is getting old, and will ask too much money.. he really didn't do that well in kc this past season.

Da'Burgh
02-17-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't know I think the Santanic Priest may be a bit too much.:wink02:

Yeah, and Osama singing the National Anthem isn't? :toofunny:

I vote no for Ty Law. Too much coin for a guy who's gonna probably fizzle out this next season.

steel65
02-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Why would we bring someone here that obviously is to old to cover anymore we need younger and faster guys on defense not old ladies.

MDSteel15
02-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh that's right, I forgot about that season.

Now was that the season before or after the first time he was arrested by U.S. Custom agents up in Niagra Falls, NY for ecstasy possesion?

or...

Was it around the second time he was arrested down in Miami when he led police on a foot chase after being pulled over in his Rolls-Royce? Telling the police not to touch him because "I am a professional athlete".

Yeah, no idea what the Rooney's were thinking by not jumping on that FA at the time, but hey, he's hitting 34 and he has a bum foot. I'm sure the Rooney's will take a nice long look at him this time around. Afterall, the Rooney's are known for going after aging, injury plagued players with past run-ins with the law. I'm sure they will get right on it.:coffee:

I didn't hear about the X, but I do remember the police chase. He just reminds you of Eric Green and Bam Morris! LOL

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 03:16 PM
I didn't hear about the X, but I do remember the police chase. He just reminds you of Eric Green and Bam Morris! LOL

And how long did Bam Morris last?

MDSteel15
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Not long. What, 4 or 5 seaons in the NLF I think?

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Not long. What, 4 or 5 seaons in the NLF I think?

The Rooney's cut his ass directly after he handed in his guilty plea.

MDSteel15
02-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh I know. After that he went to KC and then Jax.... To bad he was an idiot! He ran hard...

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 03:30 PM
too bad he was an idiot! He ran hard...

Just another example of wasted talent.

Stlrs4Life
02-17-2008, 07:17 PM

I agree. And also this also comes from PFT. They are harly ever right about anything.

lilyoder6
02-17-2008, 08:30 PM
maybe the jets will pick him up again and then he could play on the opposite side of his cousin revis..

MasterOfPuppets
02-17-2008, 11:16 PM
chad scott was my favorite defensive back when he played for the steelers, he was basically released because they didnt think he could play anymore, he was around 30 at the time, ty law is what 33, 34...there is no way in hell he will be signed.
wow.....:jawdrop:

RJC
02-18-2008, 07:40 AM
You guys are right. I don't know what I was thinking. Older vets can't ever help a team. Who would want any older guys like Junior Seau, Kyle Brady, Rodney Harrison, or even Randy Moss. They don't really add anything to a team. What we need is a roster full of young guys fast guys that don't know their coverage responsibility and let WRS run right by them for TDs. You know, guys like Anthony Smith.....

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-18-2008, 07:48 AM
You guys are right. I don't know what I was thinking. Older vets can't ever help a team. Who would want any older guys like Junior Seau, Kyle Brady, Rodney Harrison, or even Randy Moss. They don't really add anything to a team. What we need is a roster full of young guys fast guys that don't know their coverage responsibility and let WRS run right by them for TDs. You know, guys like Anthony Smith.....

Are you really putting Kyle Brady and Randy Moss in the same category???
C'mon!!

Since you seem intent on providing the Patriots roster as an example, perhaps it would be appropriate to also add how the patriots will owe $85 million to just a handful of players if they hope to keep their team together.
They sold out their future for a "One or Done" season....did they make it to the Super Bowl?...sure. But they lost, and they are now scrambling to hold the team together.

Naw...I wouldnt use THAT roster as an example of how to build a team. It hurts your arguement much more than it helps it.

RJC
02-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Yeah, that whole going 18-0, then losing the Super Bowl by 3 points sure does hurt my arguement. My bad Genius, my bad....

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-18-2008, 08:24 AM
From PFW insider:

Team insiders say that an infusion of youth is needed in the Chiefs’ CB corps. For as great as his career as a whole has been, 34-year-old Ty Law no longer has the speed to be considered an elite player. Once boasting the physicality and recovery speed to be a premier bump-and-run corner, Law now cheats further off the line to help mask his diminishing ability. Fellow starting CB Patrick Surtain will be 32 by the time training camp opens and also has seen a regression in ability.

Guess you should be hired by a NFL team "genius"...since you know more than the coaching staff and NFL scouts do.
If there is one thing that we notice on this board...those who feel the need to call names when people disagree with them....dont last long.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Yeah, that whole going 18-0, then losing the Super Bowl by 3 points sure does hurt my arguement. My bad Genius, my bad....

,,,actually yea....YOU just missed the point..."They sold out their future for a "One or Done" season"...by "buying" old players....and now have financial situations to deal with that prevent them from retaining "young" players..

MDSteel15
02-18-2008, 06:50 PM
From PFW insider:

Guess you should be hired by a NFL team "genius"...since you know more than the coaching staff and NFL scouts do.
If there is one thing that we notice on this board...those who feel the need to call names when people disagree with them....dont last long.

Hey Tooth, I agree with you on the point of not bringing him in as a corner. He doesn't have the speed any more. But why not as a safety? He obviously can still make reads and probably can cover from that position?

BlastFurnace
02-18-2008, 08:52 PM
No, No, and No. Ty law, unless brought in as a reserve, is not a help to us. Every time this guy is available, these post come up about him.

We need to get some younger guys in here who can play. We aren't going to get better bringing aging, slow veterans to play the secondary. I know..I know...Rod Woodson converted to safety about this age. This guy is no Rod Woodson.

Elvis
02-18-2008, 09:27 PM
:tt02: I Agree With BlastFurnace on this one :tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-19-2008, 03:54 AM
Hey Tooth, I agree with you on the point of not bringing him in as a corner. He doesn't have the speed any more. But why not as a safety? He obviously can still make reads and probably can cover from that position?

He wouldnt be worth the pricetag....and if we really wanted a safety...lets go after one either in the draft or FA that isnt dealing with a chronic foot injury.

We could probably get Atogwe or Bell cheaper thatn Law..and they are both legit Safeties already.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Funny, I didn't know it took a "genius" to figure out that it's a waste of money bringing in an old DB who is carrying around a bum foot and who might not last five games let alone a full season. Then again, much like bringing in Chad Johnson, it's not going to happen.

This time of year...."(Insert FA name here) is a FA, sign him Rooney!!! Don't be cheap!!!" :yawn::coffee:

HometownGal
02-19-2008, 10:46 AM

It doesn't matter how many points a team loses by - a loss is a loss is a loss. Nobody remembers the losing team in the Super Bowl.

I guess we can toss that "end justifies the means" theory right out the door, huh?

Dino 6 Rings
02-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Can he Cover Kicks? That's all I'd want him for!

Stlrs4Life
02-19-2008, 04:19 PM
We are not the Salvation Army.

Preacher
02-19-2008, 04:47 PM

Actually, the main reason Woodson left was because the coaching staff wanted him to switch to safety and he didn't want to. So your theory about Woodson is way off.

It took Woodson a few more years to realize he wasn't up to being a CB anymore.

revefsreleets
02-19-2008, 07:02 PM
This time of year...."(Insert FA name here) is a FA, sign him Rooney!!! Don't be cheap!!!" :yawn::coffee:
If I may add the addendum:

(Insert FA name here) is a 35 year old oft-injured former Pro-bowler who can't play the game anymore and was just cut by the Youngstown Assassins AAA Arena team, FA, sign him for 6 and 60 million, Rooney!!! Don't be cheap!!!"

lilyoder6
02-19-2008, 07:11 PM
lol... if law was about 6 yrs younger than maybe i would agree to bring him in.. but he is just getting to old,.. y u think he would like to go back to pats to help there depth of old ppl.

The Duke
02-19-2008, 07:57 PM
dan morgan, keyshawn johnson, ty law...... who's next, drew bledsoe?

face it, not gonna happen

SteelersJW
02-19-2008, 08:05 PM
TOO OLD

BlastFurnace
02-19-2008, 08:24 PM
dan morgan, keyshawn johnson, ty law...... who's next, drew bledsoe?

face it, not gonna happen

LOL. I think it's about time for the annual TJ Duckett thread as well.

BlastFurnace
02-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Funny, I didn't know it took a "genius" to figure out that it's a waste of money bringing in an old DB who is carrying around a bum foot and who might not last five games let alone a full season. Then again, much like bringing in Chad Johnson, it's not going to happen.

Here is the official FA template that can apply for any player over the next several months:

Insert Name is a free agent. He would look good in the Black N Gold. He wasn't used right at Insert Team. I say we bring him in for a visit and, if he isn't too expensive, sign him to a deal.

The Duke
02-19-2008, 08:28 PM
LOL. I think it's about time for the annual TJ Duckett thread as well.

hmm...... we haven't see any " The next Bus" threads in a while

fansince'76
02-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Here is the official FA template that can apply for any player over the next several months:

Insert Name is a free agent. He would look good in the Black N Gold. He wasn't used right at Insert Team. I say we bring him in for a visit and, if he isn't too expensive, sign him to a deal.

Yep. Of course, they'll all be too expensive because as everyone knows, the Rooneys are cheap. :chuckle:

BlastFurnace
02-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Yep. Of course, they'll all be too expensive because as everyone knows, the Rooneys are cheap. :chuckle:

I forgot about that line. No doubt, that will be uttered as well.

Dino 6 Rings
02-20-2008, 10:58 AM
"Steelers set to kick off, and here it goes, its caught at the 2 yard line, coming toward the near sideline WOOOOO what a hit by Ty Law. Great tackle and hit by the veteran. You know Jim, since Ty Law has been signed on to the Steelers as a Special Teams player, as well as Dan Morgan, they haven't had any coverage issues. It seems they did truly address one of their "flaws" from last year. Great pick up signing Ty Law to little money to cover kicks for them. Dan Morgan of coarse is out for 8 weeks with a concussion, but Ty has really helped their coverage units. "

rbryan
02-20-2008, 11:07 AM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but Ty Law isn't going to be covering any kicks in the Burgh and he damn sure isn't going to play anywhere for "little money"

Ty Law may be a lot of things but one thing he is for sure is a capitalist, he'll retire before he plays for small $.

Dino 6 Rings
02-20-2008, 11:11 AM
sarcastic and funny...should have thrown in a dancing banana...:banana:

rbryan
02-20-2008, 11:21 AM
I guess I should have figured that out when I read the part about Dan Morgan being injured already.......lol

Dino 6 Rings
02-20-2008, 11:40 AM
I guess I should have figured that out when I read the part about Dan Morgan being injured already.......lol

LOL, yeah, that was pretty much what I was going for. People have suggested him as an FA signing and my opinion is, if he can cover kicks, let him try to make the ST Squad, otherwise, move along, nothing to see here. :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-20-2008, 12:27 PM

I LOVE Insert Name!!! he would be a steal at the right price!!! If I'm not mistaken he ran an Insert Speed at the combine and could really help our Insert Position corps!!!

Sorry Insert Poster, but I think that he is much better than Insert Current Player and could probably rack up Insert Stats this year.

Insert Mod, please feel free to move this if it belongs in another forum.

insert smily insert smily insert smily

tony hipchest
02-20-2008, 12:32 PM
I LOVE John Kuhn!!! he would be a steal at the right price!!! If I'm not mistaken he ran an John Kuhnat the combine and could really help our John Kuhn corps!!!

Sorry John Kuhn, but I think that he is much better than John Kuhn and could probably rack up John Kuhn this year.

John Kuhn, please feel free to move this if it belongs in another forum.

:iagree:

"lunch with the monkey..., lunch with the monkey...., lunch with the monkey...."

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-23-2008, 07:27 AM
.................. and could probably rack up John Kuhn this year.

:kick:....ouch.

Hapa
02-23-2008, 07:48 AM
The Rooneys and old players don't go well together.

83-Steelers-43
02-23-2008, 01:00 PM
This team needs as many thugs and over the hill players as possible. That is key. It has worked for the Raiders and it has worked for the Bengals.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-23-2008, 01:02 PM
This team needs as many thugs and over the hill players as possible. That is key. It has worked for the Raiders and it has worked for the Bengals.

When does Rae Carruth get paroled?

83-Steelers-43
02-23-2008, 01:05 PM
When does Rae Carruth get paroled?

October 22, 2018. You better believe the Rooney's will be on that like white on rice.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-23-2008, 01:08 PM
October 22, 2018. You better believe the Rooney's will be on that like white on rice.

Hey ..he DOES run a 4.19 forty!!!

83-Steelers-43
02-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey ..he DOES run a 4.19 forty!!!

Hey, that's all that matters. Plus, I'm sure with the "I found God" factor that every inmate seems to find all of sudden, he will be set.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey, that's all that matters. Plus, I'm sure with the "I found God" factor that every inmate seems to find all of sudden, he will be set.

Yep..just ask the Rev Lewis.

BlastFurnace
02-23-2008, 02:32 PM

Unless they really like Brown rice instead.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Unless they really like Brown rice instead.

Hmmmmm...Jim Brown....and Jerry Rice..Wonder if we could get them for 5th and 6th round draft picks?

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 03:06 PM

Nice use of sarcasm.

Stlrs4Life
02-23-2008, 03:14 PM
I LOVE Insert Name!!! he would be a steal at the right price!!! If I'm not mistaken he ran an Insert Speed at the combine and could really help our Insert Position corps!!!

Sorry Insert Poster, but I think that he is much better than Insert Current Player and could probably rack up Insert Stats this year.

Insert Mod, please feel free to move this if it belongs in another forum.

insert smily insert smily insert smily

You mean nobody brought up Deshaun Foster yet?:wink02:

lilyoder6
02-23-2008, 03:17 PM
i wouldn't be suprised if the brownies wopuld go after law.. they surely need def help

steelymcmatt
03-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Kansas City coach Herm Edwards said the Chiefs have shut the door on free agent cornerback Ty Law returning.

?We?re going in a different direction, and Ty knows that,? Edwards said. ?We had a great conversation at the end of the season. He knew at the end of the season we were probably going in this direction.?

I know he's 34, but he HAS to be an upgrade over our current CB situation. The question is:
1. Does he have a year or two left in him?
2. Do we have the cap room to sign him?

What do you all think?

tony hipchest
03-31-2008, 03:05 PM
hes involved in the sissy slapfest jets and patriots have had going on for years. he wants too much money and one of them clubs will be more than happy to give it to him just to spite the other.

f' him

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-31-2008, 03:21 PM
I know he's 34, but he HAS to be an upgrade over our current CB situation.

I don't see what the big problem is with our CB situation. Ike seems to be back to 2005 form and although Townsend is slowing down I don't think that Law is that much better than him now or BMac for that matter. Don't forget we had the third best pass defense last season without a pass rush and with a depleted secondary.

The Duke
03-31-2008, 03:22 PM
:uhh:

ain't gonna happen

I know he's 34, but he HAS to be an upgrade over our current CB situation.

in experience, sure, but not necessarily a better overall player

we have townsend as our old and experienced guy, we need to get younger on the secondary

and he's looking for tons of cash, and the steelers won't give him that

rick723
03-31-2008, 03:23 PM
No.............

BlastFurnace
03-31-2008, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't trade any of our CB's for Ty Law and that includes Gay. He's too old and too slow.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-31-2008, 03:46 PM
If anything, Ty Law will make the switch to FS for 3 seasons and finish his career. I'll pass.

BettisFan
03-31-2008, 03:50 PM
he used to be a beast... now... not so much

tunes4life
03-31-2008, 04:07 PM
The only reason a team would sign law is if they had no veteran CB to show some rooks the ropes. He is no longer a shutdown corner. You don't sign a free agent like law to play you sign him to teach.