PDA

View Full Version : just for kicks.....

19ward86
02-17-2008, 10:14 PM
if ben roethlisberger would of been drafted where he was projected to be drafted(top 5) who would the steelers of drafted....jonathan vilma, chris perry, maybe a guy like(bless his heart, we all miss you) sean taylor if he would of slipped, my point is who would the steelers of drafted?

x7x24x
02-17-2008, 11:14 PM
J.P. Losman? Steven Jackson?!

RoethlisBURGHer
02-17-2008, 11:29 PM
If he would have gone Top 5, that means that the Giants and the Chargers each got Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger. Since nobody took Roethlisberger before we got to our pick, I assume we would have taken Phillip Rivers, since our main concern at the time was finding a franchise QB.

k7brown
02-17-2008, 11:31 PM
If he would have gone Top 5, that means that the Giants and the Chargers each got Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger. Since nobody took Roethlisberger before we got to our pick, I assume we would have taken Phillip Rivers, since our main concern at the time was finding a franchise QB.

Yeah... what they said!

x7x24x
02-17-2008, 11:32 PM

You're Right i forgot about Rivers being available. But passing on Jackson I wish we never did. Not complaining about Ben but I love the way Jackson runs. I love Ben tho!

Steel Pit
02-18-2008, 12:26 AM
As I recall the Steelers had pretty much settled in on the fact that they were going to take Phillip Rivers. Of course they had Roethlisberger rated a lot higher than Rivers but who in the heck expected him to fall to us.

I think that had Roethlisberger and Rivers both been gone, the Steelers would have taken Steven Jackson. I recall that he visited the Steelers, and was on Sportsbeat, prior to the draft.

Galax Steeler
02-18-2008, 04:37 AM
I think phillip rivers would have been drafted.

Dino 6 Rings
02-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Totally want the Rams to screw up and give us Steven Jackson for 2 picks in 2012 or something...

The_WARDen
02-18-2008, 02:47 PM
if ben roethlisberger would of been drafted where he was projected to be drafted(top 5) who would the steelers of drafted....jonathan vilma, chris perry, maybe a guy like(bless his heart, we all miss you) sean taylor if he would of slipped, my point is who would the steelers of drafted?

I believe that in Dan Rooney's book, he said that the draft people were looking hard at G Shaun Andrews.

Stlrs4Life
02-18-2008, 06:26 PM

:iagree:

Rhee Rhee
02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
i hate phillip rivers and if he was drafted i'd boo him... i much rather would've drafted stephen jackson! YEE

tony hipchest
02-20-2008, 05:02 PM
and the correct answer is....

I believe that in Dan Rooney's book, he said that the draft people were looking hard at G Shaun Andrews.i think the steelers were up in the air of which rb was better. kevin jones or steven jackson? we lucked out landing ben. the last 2 times we drafted high we considered rex grossman and chad pennington.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Larry Johnson was drafted this year too right?

The Duke
02-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Larry Johnson was drafted this year too right?

2003 I think

same year as troy, I remember cause Larry was drafted with the pick the steelers traded the chiefs for

Tankus_Maximus
02-20-2008, 10:34 PM
That's a scary thought. I mean, back then, we still hadn't figured out that Maddox sucked. I could see us leaving out a QB entirely, and then look where we'd be. No Super Bowl, guaranteed. I prefer not to think about it!

I gotta disagree with that statement. I don't think Maddox "sucked", if given time, behind a solid-line, the man was a "servicable" (putting it lightly) QB.

Oh yeah, and I think they would've gone with Philip Rivers.

steel65
02-20-2008, 10:38 PM
If Eli daddy didn't cry to get his son traded it would of been rivers Cowher had him on the board to be drafted by steelers. thank god for a daddy that cried.

Hapa
02-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Maddox wasn't bad - as a holder :P
lol jk

bratsinmybelly
02-24-2008, 03:13 AM
I believe that in Dan Rooney's book, he said that the draft people were looking hard at G Shaun Andrews.

There were a lot of folks within the Arkansas program thinking this as well. Shaun's "peeps" were leaking it left and right. I want to say that I remember reading that Cowher was very high on Andrews and that the Rooneys basically had to step in and demand that we take Ben. I can't remember where I read about the Steelers side of it, but I remember the Arkansas part well. Half of this state thought Andrews was going to be a Steeler.

Kittyfish
02-24-2008, 11:23 AM
I didn't have a computer or cable when Ben was drafted, and was only recently interested in football in general at the time. I'm just curious - what was the general reaction of fans when Ben was picked? Were they generally happy or did they think it was a bad idea? Were we really pushing for someone else at the time, perhaps even someone playing a different position, and think it was a poor choice, or were we behind it from the beginning?

Dizzle43
02-24-2008, 11:36 AM
I didn't have a computer or cable when Ben was drafted, and was only recently interested in football in general at the time. I'm just curious - what was the general reaction of fans when Ben was picked? Were they generally happy or did they think it was a bad idea? Were we really pushing for someone else at the time, perhaps even someone playing a different position, and think it was a poor choice, or were we behind it from the beginning?

I can only speak for myself, but I was very happy when we drafted Ben. I thought he was the best of the three top QBs in that draft. I'm not sure what the organization was going for. I know we were going after a QB because of Maddox's inconsistency and age. In all when we drafted Ben, I was thrilled. Who would've though he'd come in and go 16-0 as a rookie.

lilyoder6
02-24-2008, 11:44 AM
when we drafted ben i really didn't know who he was.. :O

but i did some research and i thought he was fine and as it turns out he was a great pick..