PDA

View Full Version : There Will Be Blood vs No Country For Old Men

Lord Stiller
02-18-2008, 10:40 AM
I saw both these movies over the weekend

I thought There Will Be Blood was the far better movie. Daniel Day Lewis gave an amazing performance

I like No Country For Old Men but dont think it should win any Oscars. And the ending was kinda weak

Mosca
02-18-2008, 11:04 AM
I caught There Will Be Blood last weekend; wow. Great movie, but very bleak, I thought. The other two I'd like to see, No Country For Old Men and Atonement, are gone from this heartland town.

I thought both religion and atheism took a pretty hard shot in TWBB. Rough stuff. There was definitely blood. GREAT acting, across the entire cast.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 10:26 AM
I have not seen TWBB.

I heard it was very boring, but I like Lewis and after hearing both of your opinions, I'm still debating on seeing it.

One movie that has caught my eye is 10,000 B.C. Looks interesting.

Mosca
02-19-2008, 11:50 AM
I have not seen TWBB.

I heard it was very boring, but I like Lewis and after hearing both of your opinions, I'm still debating on seeing it.

One movie that has caught my eye is 10,000 B.C. Looks interesting.

I didn't think TWBB was boring at all. If you prefer action movies (and I love a good action movie myself) to the exclusion of everything else... if you need action to stay interested, then you will find TWBB slow. But there is enough going on, both in plot and between characters, to keep most people focused.

It was a lot less boring than a typical predictable thriller that degenerates into one guy running from a bunch of other guys at the end; see I, Robot, the second Bourne (which I liked anyhow), Die Hard 3 (another I liked anyhow), Minority Report, and countless others.

TWBB is good in that it will make you think. It's one of those movies where for a few days afterwards you are piecing together the meanings of everything you saw.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I didn't think TWBB was boring at all. If you prefer action movies (and I love a good action movie myself) to the exclusion of everything else... if you need action to stay interested, then you will find TWBB slow. But there is enough going on, both in plot and between characters, to keep most people focused.

It was a lot less boring than a typical predictable thriller that degenerates into one guy running from a bunch of other guys at the end; see I, Robot, the second Bourne (which I liked anyhow), Die Hard 3 (another I liked anyhow), Minority Report, and countless others.

TWBB is good in that it will make you think. It's one of those movies where for a few days afterwards you are piecing together the meanings of everything you saw.

Thanks. While I enjoy a good action movie from time to time, I'll take a good story that keeps my interest over explosions and 'man saving the world'.

You stated that there is a good amount of blood in TWBB? I'm sold. :cheers:

revefsreleets
02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Both are on my "must see" list.