PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn Johnson

Dylan
02-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I was looking around the web today and came across yahoo sports that Keyshawn Johnson wants to play again. what do u think of him being a steeler. im just asking i dont think we will sign him but just want to know your opinion. he's asking for to much money, but he could provide leadership and a tall receiver for ben.

Any suggestions

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgHkcF5HKSG3auc8IaymAelDubYF?slug=ms-keyshawnreturn021907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Bam Morris' Kin
02-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Naw... I see Keyshawn asking for too much money for the Steelers to pay. See Faneca. Steelers won't pay big money for people late in the career. They're pretty good at establishing value of players, and KJ's only value (not much, but better than Irvin or Deon) is on the TV broadcasting set.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Any suggestions

Sure why not? Gandy.....Law....Crumpler....Maybe CJ....Might as well bring in Meshawn.

Anybody know what Yancey is doing these days?

rbryan
02-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Don't forget Justin Smith, Madeas Williams, half the roster of the Dolphins and Falcons, not to mention everyone else that gets thier walking papers in the next couple months.

Its going to be a long off season

fansince'76
02-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith available?

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 12:21 PM
IMO...

The Steelers are going to sit back and do what they always do. They will go out and make a Mahan/Kirschke/Hoke-type signing and that will be that.

Every year for some reason people are expecting the Steelers to sign a Smith, Williams, Johnson, Crumpler, Moss, Law or Meshawn type player. They are not going to do it.

They never have and they won't this season.

PisnNapalm
02-19-2008, 12:24 PM
ROFLMAO!!! Thanks for the laugh.... Keyshawn playing on the Steelers.... LOL! That's stupid funny right there.

Dylan
02-19-2008, 12:29 PM
i see how all of you feel. i guess i wont be posting free agent names anymore, but it was nice to see your opinions

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 12:35 PM
i see how all of you feel.

You asked.

i guess i wont be posting free agent names anymore, but it was nice to see your opinions

Go for it. There are enough on here who are willing to sign anbody that is a FA. No matter the age, position he plays, asking price or past/current injuries.

I'm simply stating that I don't see it happening going by our past history of never going out and signing these type of players nor do I want them on this team.

Dylan
02-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Go for it. There are enough on here who are willing to sign anbody that is a FA. No matter the age, position he plays, asking price or past/current injuries.

I'm simply stating that I don't see it happening going by our past history of never going out and signing these type of players nor do I want them on this team.

I totally agree with you, that isnt the steelers ways, just wanted to know what other people felt about keyshawn

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 12:39 PM
I totally agree with you, that isnt the steelers ways, just wanted to know what other people felt about keyshawn

I did love it when Keyshawn grilled CJ on ESPN. I give him props for that. :thumbsup:

siIkMT25ImQ

rbryan
02-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Don't take it the wrong way. Your heart is in the right place. We'd all love to see a couple big name FA come in but we also know theres zero chance of that happening, let alone a bum like Meshawn.

It's not you, it's me. lol

Dylan
02-19-2008, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=83-Steelers-43;368082]I did love it when Keyshawn grilled CJ on ESPN. I give him props for that. :thumbsup:

Yea, he acts like he is an angel on the field like he does nothing wrong. but that was pretty funny

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Don't take it the wrong way. Your heart is in the right place. We'd all love to see a couple big name FA come in but we also know theres zero chance of that happening, let alone a bum like Meshawn.

It's not you, it's me. lol

I'm all for signing a FA or two, but only if it's the RIGHT FA or two. IMO, trading for CJ or grabbing players like Crumpler, Law, Gandy or Meshawn Johnson are not the right decisions to be making with this team, but I'm no GM or owner so what do I know?

rbryan
02-19-2008, 12:49 PM
I came to terms a long time ago with the fact that the Steelers are never going to be one of those teams that goes on a shopping spree at this time of the year and I'm OK with that.

polamalu82
02-19-2008, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=83-Steelers-43;368082]I did love it when Keyshawn grilled CJ on ESPN. I give him props for that. :thumbsup:

"Pot calling the kettle black"

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 12:54 PM

"Pot calling the kettle black"

Toward the end of Meshawns career it seemed like he tuned it down (to me at least). Chad Johnson (who is no Spring chicken) continues to show signs that he has yet to reach puberty.

Eitherway, it was still amusing to watch CJ get blasted instead of hearing about how great of a WR he is and how he's "misunderstood" and how some fans "just don't get it" when it comes to his attitude and personality.

TackleMeBen
02-19-2008, 01:04 PM
i think if keyshawn comes back it will be for parcels since he played for him before and seems to be his type of guy.

polamalu82
02-19-2008, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=polamalu82;368087]

Toward the end of Meshawns career it seemed like he tuned it down (to me at least). Chad Johnson (who is no Spring chicken) continues to show signs that he has yet to reach puberty.

Eitherway, it was still amusing to watch CJ get blasted instead of hearing about how great of a WR he is and how he's "misunderstood" and how some fans "just don't get it" when it comes to his attitude and personality.

It is funny, yet Meshawn shouldn't be telling anyone how to act. Thats my thing about it. I do agree Meshawn did seem to tone it down a bit at the end. As far as CJ being "misunderstood", hes just a big cry baby. Ever notice every time he has someone asking him about this stuff he starts to get choked up? What a wuss. CJ grow up and act like a man!:dang:

BlastFurnace
02-19-2008, 01:11 PM
IMO...

The Steelers are going to sit back and do what they always do. They will go out and make a Mahan/Kirschke/Hoke-type signing and that will be that.

Every year for some reason people are expecting the Steelers to sign a Smith, Williams, Johnson, Crumpler, Moss, Law or Meshawn type player. They are not going to do it.

They never have and they won't this season.

Truer words have never been spoken on this board. It's funny to watch people get upset with the Rooney's every year when the free agency period begins, when they have a system....that works...and they stick to it.

There will not be any big signings, blockbuster deals,etc. We will sign our own FA's that we want to keep and sign 1 or 2 mid level FA's that will not break the bank.

It's consistent and it works. 11 Playoff Appearances in 16 Years doesn't lie.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=83-Steelers-43;368088]

It is funny, yet Meshawn shouldn't be telling anyone how to act. Thats my thing about it. I do agree Meshawn did seem to tone it down a bit at the end. As far as CJ being "misunderstood", hes just a big cry baby. Ever notice every time he has someone asking him about this stuff he starts to get choked up? What a wuss. CJ grow up and act like a man!:dang:

Good point. KJ probably is not the first person who should be telling CJ how to act. I hear ya.

I'm just tired of hearing about how the heads at ESPN slobber over this guy and how some fans (majority being Cincinnati morons) give this guy a free pass and make excuses for him when it comes to his idiotic behavior.

Guy had a mental breakdown during a playoff game in which they were winning at the time because he wasn't getting the ball enough and it's no big deal....lol. Scary.

TackleMeBen
02-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Ever notice every time he has someone asking him about this stuff he starts to get choked up? What a wuss. CJ grow up and act like a man!

now we know where T.O. learned it from..lol

polamalu82
02-19-2008, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=polamalu82;368097]

Good point. KJ probably is not the first person who should be telling CJ how to act. I hear ya.

I'm just tired of hearing about how the heads at ESPN slobber over this guy and how some fans (majority being Cincinnati morons) give this guy a free pass and make excuses for him when it comes to his idiotic behavior.

Guy has a mental breakdown during a playoff game in which they are winning and it's no big deal....lol. Scary.

I couldn't agree more. CJ is locker room cancer.

polamalu82
02-19-2008, 01:19 PM
now we know where T.O. learned it from..lol

"He's my Quarterback":flap:

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Well, sometimes they do. They did it with Duce, and that worked for a little while. I mean, until he started to suck.

My apologies. I should have stated "They very rarely ever do and they won't this season". Then again, was Duce that big of a FA signing in your mind?

In my mind, I was comparing the Steeler-way to what the Cowboys, Redskins and Raiders tend to do every year when it comes to spending large amounts of money on FA's.

rbryan
02-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Well, sometimes they do. They did it with Duce, and that worked for a little while. I mean, until he started to suck.

Duce wasn't even a starter for Philly when we picked him up. Hardly a big name FA aquisition, but thats about as big as it gets around here.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Duce wasn't even a starter for Philly when we picked him up. Hardly a big name FA aquisition, but thats about as big as it gets around here.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe I'm off here, but I really didn't consider him that big of a FA signing at the time. On the level of a Cedrick Wilson type FA signing or is that an insult to Duce Staley? lol.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 01:49 PM
It's consistent and it works. 11 Playoff Appearances in 16 Years doesn't lie.

That's all it comes down to in my book BF. :cheers:

TackleMeBen
02-19-2008, 01:57 PM
"He's my Quarterback":flap:

lol... you forgot this :crying01: :crying03:

jjpro11
02-19-2008, 01:59 PM
im not going to read through this thread.. but he will only come out of retirement to play for the dolphins since he's friends with bill parcells. any talk of him going to the steelers or anywhere else is a waste of time.

HometownGal
02-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith available?

Nawwwww. Emmitt is still gazing with glee at his gold shoes and DWTS Mirrorball Trophy and Jerry is basking in his stardom as a color commentator on DWTS.

Maybe we could get Fred Biletnikoff (along with his stickum) on the cheap. :old: :cheer:

Rhee Rhee
02-19-2008, 02:27 PM
stupid... i hate keyshawn... i even read his book... it was bad... real bad

19ward86
02-19-2008, 03:40 PM
if keyshawn shows up running under a 4.6 i will think about it.

revefsreleets
02-19-2008, 06:55 PM
STOP THE MADNESS!!

Every year, it seems, this rampant FA speculation gets crazier and crazier.Meshawn? There is a better chance that the Steelers exhume Walter Payton and sign him to a five year deal for 500 million guaranteed.

lilyoder6
02-19-2008, 07:12 PM
if keyshawn did go to miami as of right now they have no one to give him the ball with bill cutting ppl left and right

SteelersJW
02-19-2008, 08:07 PM
No. Keyshawn's a selfish son of a bitch.

Example: "Just Give Me The Damn Ball"

Whoever is interested will have to pay him the money, otherwise he won't play.

Galax Steeler
02-20-2008, 04:10 AM
I say no to keyshawn we don't need him.

Dino 6 Rings
02-20-2008, 10:47 AM
If he plays, he'll play for Parcells in Miami.

steel65
02-20-2008, 11:33 AM
They need to go younger at receiver they have hines to teach these kids the system and he's a good role model.

brsteelers
02-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Just don't see Keyshawn as really viable anymore. Besides, he was always somewhat selfish and that just wouldn't bode well with a guy like Ward leading the way at the position.

Dino 6 Rings
02-20-2008, 03:46 PM
The fact that Keshawn even made the Steelers board smacks of desperation...I mean it would one thing if we were just poking fun at his stupid scarf that he wears on the TV.

Keshawn is the exact Opposite of the type of FA we would even consider.

lilyoder6
02-20-2008, 05:28 PM
he should just try to keep his job on sc on sunday's

steel striker
02-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Has some people lost their minds here? No way Keyshawn would ever be a steeler. For the most part it is very rare for us to sign many free agants most of our players are from the draft.

The_WARDen
02-25-2008, 03:31 PM
I was looking around the web today and came across yahoo sports that Keyshawn Johnson wants to play again. what do u think of him being a steeler. im just asking i dont think we will sign him but just want to know your opinion. he's asking for to much money, but he could provide leadership and a tall receiver for ben.

Any suggestions

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgHkcF5HKSG3auc8IaymAelDubYF?slug=ms-keyshawnreturn021907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I'd rather have someone that can score once in a blue moon....Meshawn is allergic to the end zone.

Steeldude
02-26-2008, 12:42 AM

Any suggestions

no thanks. i didn't want him when he was young. he whines too much, is average at best on most days and requires too much money.

provide leadership? how so? he was never a leader on any other teams. he was always a cancer.