PDA

View Full Version : Thomas gets offer from Patriots

TackleMeBen
02-19-2008, 12:57 PM
The Patriots offered a contract to former Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas on Monday, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
Thomas and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, visited New England on Monday and will continue negotiations with the team. Thomas is scheduled to visit with the New Orleans Saints (http://www.nfl.com/teams/neworleanssaints/profile?team=NO) on Tuesday.
The Dallas Cowboys (http://www.nfl.com/teams/dallascowboys/profile?team=DAL), Houston Texans (http://www.nfl.com/teams/houstontexans/profile?team=HOU), Denver Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN), Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) and New York Jets (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/profile?team=NYJ) are also interested in bringing Thomas in for a visit.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806b4a7c&template=with-video&confirm=true

we knew it wouldnt take long for the pats to do that..:wink02:

tony hipchest
02-19-2008, 01:06 PM
this is a perfect* fit for belichicks "system". the patriots always like linebackers that are huge, have experience playing with their hand on the ground, and are versatile enough to play inside or outside.

zach is small, never played out of a 3 point stance, and can only play in the middle.

perfect*! :thumbsup:

fansince'76
02-19-2008, 01:18 PM
this is a perfect* fit for belichicks "system". the patriots always like linebackers that are huge, have experience playing with their hand on the ground, and are versatile enough to play inside or outside.

And are at least 35 years old - Thomas is a little short of that right now, but he'll be 35 by opening day (his B-day is September 1). :thumbsup:

rbryan
02-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Zach Thomas is one of my all time favorite Dolphins, but me thinks he hit his head too many times.

You never though, I hear HGH is a real miracle drug.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Just another FA that the Steelers are letting slip through their fingers.

Old cheap bastards. :coffee:

polamalu82
02-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah, the Patriots* love the A.A.R.P card holding linebackers.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah, the Patriots* love the A.A.R.P card holding linebackers.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Geez, what are they gonna do with all the other old linebackers they have?

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 01:52 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Built right next to Gillette Stadium...

http://carltonstuff.com/images/carlt_home_sign.jpg

rbryan
02-19-2008, 01:54 PM
It just goes to show that when you are the mastermind that is "Belliprick" the players don't even matter.

Kinda like the top poker players that can beat you whether they have a good cards or not.

Should I be wondering whether or not thats fixed too?? lol

TackleMeBen
02-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Built right next to Gillette Stadium...

http://carltonstuff.com/images/carlt_home_sign.jpg

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

fansince'76
02-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Zach Thomas is one of my all time favorite Dolphins, but me thinks he hit his head too many times.

Nope, he's probably gonna become a carpetbagger ? la Seau to try to win a ring.

TackleMeBen
02-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Nope, he's probably gonna become a carpetbagger ala Seau to try to win a ring.

we see how well that worked out for Seau:wink02:

HometownGal
02-19-2008, 02:41 PM

Send them to the Rodney Harrison Institute where Rodney, Tedi and Junior teach their students the proper technique on how to camoflauge the HGH in their favorite recipes. Rumor has it that Rodney's HGH meatloaf, Tedi's "special" lasagna and Junior's roid rib rub are world renowned. :chicken:

Rhee Rhee
02-19-2008, 02:54 PM
let's just hope they won't bring jerome out of retirement to be in belichick's system.

Dylan
02-19-2008, 05:08 PM
No doubt he will accept that contract. Patriots will probably let go of seau now if they get him

Edman
02-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Another old washed up linebacker.

Perfect fit for the Pats*.

steel65
02-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Thomas is a good player but steelers need their LB's to cover and zack is getting older

The Patriot
02-20-2008, 01:16 PM
We all know how terrible the Patriots are with free agents. Remember Moss? He was the cancer that was going to tear the team apart by weak six. :sofunny:

fansince'76
02-20-2008, 01:34 PM
We all know how terrible the Patriots are with free agents. Remember Moss? He was the cancer that was going to tear the team apart by weak six. :sofunny:

Yep, too bad the team still couldn't live up to the hype, despite the one-year rent-a-player signing of Moss, isn't it? :coffee:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-20-2008, 01:59 PM

Actually its their drafting that sucks....hence the rent-a-player mentality. For the record, last years failed attempt at buying a legacy will stick with this team for awhile...and you will see a gradual decrease in success as the Kraft inverse pyramid sheme trickles down over the next several years.
It would be different if we were seeing anything other than old players being replaced with...well...old players.
I HOPE Thomas gets signed...and we run 6'5 Miller across the middle all day against a slowing 5'10 LBer.:thumbsup:

stlrtruck
02-20-2008, 02:12 PM
and we run 6'5 Miller across the middle all day against a slowing 5'10 LBer.:thumbsup:

Is Thomas really 5'10"? :coffee:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Is Thomas really 5'10"? :coffee:

5'11...(but shhhhhhhh....I'm making a point!!!)

The Patriot
02-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Actually its their drafting that sucks....hence the rent-a-player mentality. For the record, last years failed attempt at buying a legacy will stick with this team for awhile...and you will see a gradual decrease in success as the Kraft inverse pyramid sheme trickles down over the next several years.
It would be different if we were seeing anything other than old players being replaced with...well...old players.
I HOPE Thomas gets signed...and we run 6'5 Miller across the middle all day against a slowing 5'10 LBer.:thumbsup:

Buying a legacy? There is something called the salary cap. Which means every team spends the same amount. So don't be angry because we managed our money correctly. Patriots find talent that's been tossed to the side. Slap on whatever excuse you'd like we're just a smart organization.

tony hipchest
02-20-2008, 02:24 PM
kudos to moss for waiting til the playoffs to disappear. :thumbsup:

if the patfans didnt have arlen specter, they would be blaming moss for their sb loss right now. :blah:

im sure scooping up the dregs from a 1-15 team will get them over the hump though (just like moss did).

The Patriot
02-20-2008, 02:25 PM
5'11...(but shhhhhhhh....I'm making a point!!!)

It will just make it all the sweeter when Miller gets a face full of dirt.

tony hipchest
02-20-2008, 02:28 PM
we're just a smart organization.

i'll take "what is false" for $100, alex.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-20-2008, 02:39 PM
It will just make it all the sweeter when Miller gets a face full of dirt.

As old as Thomas is, the next time he gets a face full of dirt....it will be with a shovel.:tombstone

tony hipchest
02-20-2008, 02:43 PM
As old as Thomas is, the next time he gets a face full of dirt....it will be with a shovel.:tombstone:sofunny:

i'll refer back to heath millers longest td reception against zach and the dolphins (opening game 2006) before i worry about him getting stuffed.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Buying a legacy? There is something called the salary cap. Which means every team spends the same amount. So don't be angry because we managed our money correctly. Patriots find talent that's been tossed to the side. Slap on whatever excuse you'd like we're just a smart organization.

Didnt get you that much needed Lombardi to insure "Dynasty" status...and your teams future was sold for what?...a tainted season.:uhh:....nope...not smart.

lilyoder6
02-20-2008, 05:34 PM
miller is a big person and could very possibly just run over thomas... and we need to work on having the #2 rb whether it's najah or we get someone else and get them starting to get more carries during a game to reduce willie's and mess up the def with the 2 dif running types..

The Patriot
02-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Didnt get you that much needed Lombardi to insure "Dynasty" status...and your teams future was sold for what?...a tainted season.:uhh:....nope...not smart.

Moss did more than his part. We wouldn't have been 14-2 without him.
So we fell short. The dominant team in the regular season hasn't won over the past few years. Your the one to talk too. Your juggernaut teams failed but then you beat the Colts in 2006 and stumbled into Superbowl XL like a drunk falling out of a car. You haven't won a playoff game since either so I wouldn't be bragging.
:flap:

stlrtruck
02-21-2008, 07:33 AM
You haven't won a playoff game since either so I wouldn't be bragging.

While the Steelers may not have won a playoff game since 2006, I can say that they haven't cheated to get there either - can you HONESTLY say that about that *patriots*?

lilyoder6
02-21-2008, 08:15 AM
ooo what a harsh statement... but the truth hurts... lol

fansince'76
02-21-2008, 08:35 AM
While the Steelers may not have won a playoff game since 2006, I can say that they haven't cheated to get there either - can you HONESTLY say that about that *patriots*?

Not only that, but who has won a SB (the game that REALLY matters) more recently? We had a ton of playoff game wins under Cowher, and more postseason appearances than any other team in the league during his tenure, but only one SB win. Who gives a damn about winning playoff games when a team doesn't ultimately win it all? It might mean something to a fan of a team that might see the postseason once every decade or so, but to a Steelers fan who is used to seeing the team in the postseason more years than not, it's a case of "been there, done that, bought the t-shirt." Pats* fan just doesn't like the fact that we enjoyed his team's loss in the SB and seems to think we don't have a right to say anything about it because we aren't fans of the team that knocked his off. Tough shit. :yawn:

X-Terminator
02-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Moss did more than his part. We wouldn't have been 14-2 without him.
So we fell short. The dominant team in the regular season hasn't won over the past few years. Your the one to talk too. Your juggernaut teams failed but then you beat the Colts in 2006 and stumbled into Superbowl XL like a drunk falling out of a car. You haven't won a playoff game since either so I wouldn't be bragging.

"Stumbled into XL?" Really??? Do you want to re-think that statement?

You were being a decent Pats* fan for a while, but now I see your true colors are coming out and are proving that you're no different than the rest of the Mass-holes. Congratulations.

The Patriot
02-21-2008, 09:24 AM
You guys remember when you lost to Oakland? I was in a bar with my pittsburgh friend. His face; priceless.

Edman
02-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Yep, The Patriot has relegated to trash talkin' troll status. Too bad. He had potential. But then again, so did LITP. Speaking of losing, the Steelers losing to Oakland has nothing to do with this conversation.

Patriot Mass-holes. If you've seen one, you've seen them all.

The Patriot
02-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Yep, The Patriot has relegated to trash talkin' troll status. Too bad. He had potential. But then again, so did LITP. Speaking of losing, the Steelers losing to Oakland has nothing to do with this conversation.

Patriot Mass-holes. If you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Lighten up. The season's over. You should atleast have the security to make a few jokes. You call this trash talking? What neighborhood did you grow up in?

stlrtruck
02-21-2008, 11:55 AM
You guys remember when you lost to Oakland? I was in a bar with my pittsburgh friend. His face; priceless.

Do you remember when your team went 18-0 and then lost the Super Bowl? The look coming out of *patriots* owner, coaches, players, and fans; PRICELESS!!!!

The Patriot
02-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Do you remember when your team went 18-0 and then lost the Super Bowl? The look coming out of *patriots* owner, coaches, players, and fans; PRICELESS!!!!

Ouch. Not cool, man.

lilyoder6
02-21-2008, 03:39 PM
lol.. thats funny... they should make a commercial about them losing like sb tickets=500$// plane tickets=250$ pats choking in the superbowl= priceless..

Dino 6 Rings
02-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Ouch. Not cool, man.

Remember how the Oline for the Patriots forget to get off the bus in Arizona and made the front 4 of the Giants look like a Superbowl Winning Defense...

or that time when Brady over threw Welker in the big game and then yelled at his top receiver? Or when the "greatest coach in football" decided to go for it on 4th and 13 instead of kicking a field goal that statistically was within range for his young kicker. Or remember when they didn't re-sign the True Great Kicker that won them 3 SBs on his foot, and how that same kicker went to win another SB for the arch rival in Indy.

How about that time when...

yeah...I could go all day. Bottom Line

5 Rings vs 3 Rings...Your team still has 2 SB wins to even Tie Us.

Wanna keep going? I've got tons of em, like that Time when the other Brilliant head coach Bill Parcells decided NOT to run the ball with Curtis Martin and gave the entire SB to Bledsoe and that in turn gave the Packers all kinds of field postion and TOP that allowed them to control the clock and win with ST plays?

That was fun. Like that time you lost to Denver...every time you play them.

Dino 6 Rings
02-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Or that time in 1985...well that isn't even worth talking about really...I mean...Da Bears...

or remember that time the Defensive coordinator left to go coach an interconference rival and then, tattle tales on his former team for taping? Or that time when the league suspended the Safety for using a banned substance? Or what about that time....like from their existance up until 1985, then from 1986 til 2001 when the Patriots were pretty much a joke with a couple decent years and flops in the big games? Remember those times.

Steelers fans have been, always Steelers fans. We are raised that way, we raise our families that way. We had a brilliant run in the 70s, then had to deal with that time we took mark malone over Dan Marino and were cursed for 15 years and had every lame duck QB from Todd Blackledge to Neil Odonell to Kordell lose games for us. Until finally...we Drafted our Man...he's got a Ring already, he's face planted a windshield and lived to tell about it. Has a 5-2 playoff record and will only get better over the next few years.

remember that time your defense looked old and allowed a kid named Manning to look like a freaking rock star and make what is considered one of the greatest plays in NFL superbowl history? Remember how you only needed one stop...just one stop to be the "greatest ever" and ended up becoming the Punch Line for years to come, and pretty much, will be, the punch line until you win a SB again? Remember...all that stuff?

Dino 6 Rings
02-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh, remember that time you wore the shirts that read "humble pie, I eat it" but did so with a smile and joked about it in every interview and then...at 19-0, I mean, 18-1 actually got to eat a huge piece of REAL Humble Pie and how that tasted. remember how that taste stayed in your mouth...and is still...in your mouth...and will be there...until you win a SB again...and remember how you prayed that it would happen this upcoming season, because the idea of having that taste in your mouth for 1 year...2 years...oh god brady dont retire, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years! is just too much to deal with.

Dino 6 Rings
02-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Remember how opposing fans spent all year, saying, Karma man, bad Karma running up the score, or how your Coach joked about "we've played against better safeties" or how you went for it on 4th when up by so many points it was like a Madden game...then remember how every fan said "Karma man" and then...you joked and said, "it ain't nothing" and planned parades, and copyrighted things, and wrote books, and heck, even got a liscense plate that read 19-0...and then...that BIATCH called Karma came and kissed you right on the lips...remember that?

Dino 6 Rings
02-21-2008, 05:01 PM
All day...I could do this all freaking day...

Remember that time that you swore you'd beat Payton Manning, and you went out and sold your soul to the Devil to get Randy Moss so you could out pass the Colts, but then, instead, had to face tough defense after tough defense and ended up kind of banged up in the SB and then, just when you thought you had the game won, the Devil showed up and gave your DB butter fingers and he let the ball and the game slip right through his hands. And then he cashes in on what you owed him and what happens...36 seconds...ouch.

tony hipchest
02-21-2008, 05:19 PM
:toofunny:

burn

polamalu82
02-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Look at the time between posts!! Dino is a speed Burner.:jammin:

tony hipchest
02-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Look at the time between posts!! Dino is a speed Burner.:jammin:lol. good observation.

"go speed burner,
go speed burner,
go speed burner,
gooooooooooo!"

lilyoder6
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
nice words typed per min... he is bringing it all out and there is no sight of him stopping :O

touchdownward
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Friends, we have just witnessed the all too rare penta-burn.
That's five burns in rapid succession whereas the recipient doesn't even have time to part his lips.
Nicely done Dino. :cheers:

Dino 6 Rings
02-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks folks. No one brings out the best in my typing in skills like a smack Talking Pats fans who talks smack on my board...

rbryan
02-21-2008, 06:30 PM
You forgot about that time the patsies had the huge lead in the AFCCG against the Colts, that was good one.

Time for all the patriotch's to go home yet?

Dino 6 Rings
02-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Right, remember that time when your "legendary" can't miss QB had the ball, and time to drive the length of the field to pull off another late game drive to beat your biggest AFC rival only to throw an interception...

All day on them. I could do this all day long.

The Patriot
02-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Remember how the Oline for the Patriots forget to get off the bus in Arizona and made the front 4 of the Giants look like a Superbowl Winning Defense...

or that time when Brady over threw Welker in the big game and then yelled at his top receiver? Or when the "greatest coach in football" decided to go for it on 4th and 13 instead of kicking a field goal that statistically was within range for his young kicker. Or remember when they didn't re-sign the True Great Kicker that won them 3 SBs on his foot, and how that same kicker went to win another SB for the arch rival in Indy.

How about that time when...

yeah...I could go all day. Bottom Line

5 Rings vs 3 Rings...Your team still has 2 SB wins to even Tie Us.

Wanna keep going? I've got tons of em, like that Time when the other Brilliant head coach Bill Parcells decided NOT to run the ball with Curtis Martin and gave the entire SB to Bledsoe and that in turn gave the Packers all kinds of field postion and TOP that allowed them to control the clock and win with ST plays?

That was fun. Like that time you lost to Denver...every time you play them.

Or that time in 1985...well that isn't even worth talking about really...I mean...Da Bears...

or remember that time the Defensive coordinator left to go coach an interconference rival and then, tattle tales on his former team for taping? Or that time when the league suspended the Safety for using a banned substance? Or what about that time....like from their existance up until 1985, then from 1986 til 2001 when the Patriots were pretty much a joke with a couple decent years and flops in the big games? Remember those times.

Steelers fans have been, always Steelers fans. We are raised that way, we raise our families that way. We had a brilliant run in the 70s, then had to deal with that time we took mark malone over Dan Marino and were cursed for 15 years and had every lame duck QB from Todd Blackledge to Neil Odonell to Kordell lose games for us. Until finally...we Drafted our Man...he's got a Ring already, he's face planted a windshield and lived to tell about it. Has a 5-2 playoff record and will only get better over the next few years.

remember that time your defense looked old and allowed a kid named Manning to look like a freaking rock star and make what is considered one of the greatest plays in NFL superbowl history? Remember how you only needed one stop...just one stop to be the "greatest ever" and ended up becoming the Punch Line for years to come, and pretty much, will be, the punch line until you win a SB again? Remember...all that stuff?

Oh, remember that time you wore the shirts that read "humble pie, I eat it" but did so with a smile and joked about it in every interview and then...at 19-0, I mean, 18-1 actually got to eat a huge piece of REAL Humble Pie and how that tasted. remember how that taste stayed in your mouth...and is still...in your mouth...and will be there...until you win a SB again...and remember how you prayed that it would happen this upcoming season, because the idea of having that taste in your mouth for 1 year...2 years...oh god brady dont retire, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years! is just too much to deal with.

Remember how opposing fans spent all year, saying, Karma man, bad Karma running up the score, or how your Coach joked about "we've played against better safeties" or how you went for it on 4th when up by so many points it was like a Madden game...then remember how every fan said "Karma man" and then...you joked and said, "it ain't nothing" and planned parades, and copyrighted things, and wrote books, and heck, even got a liscense plate that read 19-0...and then...that BIATCH called Karma came and kissed you right on the lips...remember that?

All day...I could do this all freaking day...

Remember that time that you swore you'd beat Payton Manning, and you went out and sold your soul to the Devil to get Randy Moss so you could out pass the Colts, but then, instead, had to face tough defense after tough defense and ended up kind of banged up in the SB and then, just when you thought you had the game won, the Devil showed up and gave your DB butter fingers and he let the ball and the game slip right through his hands. And then he cashes in on what you owed him and what happens...36 seconds...ouch.

Right, remember that time when your "legendary" can't miss QB had the ball, and time to drive the length of the field to pull off another late game drive to beat your biggest AFC rival only to throw an interception...

All day on them. I could do this all day long.

Yeah those were pretty tough times. But remember that time when the Steelers were about to pull the upset against the Colts and they handed the ball off to 'the Bus' for the Touchdown that would put the game out of reach but instead he fumbled at the 2 and Harper picked it up and had it running the other way for the go-ahead touchdown but Big Ben brought him down. Luckily Mannning came through for you in the end but boy, imagine if that was Bettis' last play. :sofunny:

And who could forget good olde Anthony Smith. Wasn't he a character. Let's hear a couple of his gems, shall we?
"We're going to win. Yeah, I can guarantee a win."
"I don't think it gets much better than Cincinnati's corps of recievers. We've already seen the best."
The best part was when Farrior could be heard across the locker room yelling, "He has to keep his mouth shut."
And then what happened? What was it 3 touchdowns he let up because he kept stopping at midfield to watch the line of scrimmage. Brady even pulled off the botched play-fake to Stallworth. I just remember that ball soaring through the air and who was at the end of it? None other than Anthony Smith.

But don't worry. Now that the season is over the Steelers have a chance to kick-back, relax, all that nothing sure makes them hungry for Chunkies Soup.

And nobody better get all pissy. This is just for fun.

The Duke
02-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Yeah those were pretty tough times. But remember that time when the Steelers were about to pull the upset against the Colts and they handed the ball off to 'the Bus' for the Touchdown that would put the game out of reach but instead he fumbled at the 2 and Harper picked it up and had it running the other way for the go-ahead touchdown but Big Ben brought him down. Luckily Mannning came through for you in the end but boy, imagine if that was Bettis' last play. :sofunny:

:coffee:

who cares what happened? the steelers won :tt02:

makes to sense to imagine if that would have been bettis last play, because it wasn't, it's that simple

and about Anthony Smith, alright you're right there, but it wasn't a playoff game, so it's not a choke

The Patriot
02-21-2008, 09:47 PM
but it wasn't a playoff game[/B], so it's not a choke

Yeah, but it sure was funny. And I always love seeing a smug kid, from any team, get smacked in the face. Still waiting on Quinn.

MasterOfPuppets
02-21-2008, 09:59 PM
But don't worry. Now that the season is over the Steelers have a chance to kick-back, relax, all that nothing sure makes them hungry for Chunkies Soup.they be kicked back ,relaxing, watching the cheaters get exposed for the fruads that they are.....:sofunny:

stlrtruck
02-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Ouch. Not cool, man.

It's nothing personal but sometimes it helps to pour alcohol on the wound just to help it heal faster!!! :sofunny:

stlrtruck
02-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Hey does anyone remember the big game when Mr. League MVP ate more turf than a chinch bug?

Dino 6 Rings
02-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah, but it sure was funny. And I always love seeing a smug kid, from any team, get smacked in the face. Still waiting on Quinn.

Smug...like how smug Brady was when he was told Plaxico said the Pats would only score 17 points...and he said something about scoring 40...only to score 14? Smug Like that...

And if you're to attempt to burn me, please start with the game Bubby Brister had in the playoffs against Denver when Merril Hoge played the game of his life but we lost because Bubby fumbled a snap from center and Denver was able to drive the field and score the winning TD. I mean, if you're going to burn...do it right.

Remember when the Patriots didn't put the franchise tag on the #1 receiver in football and he left "for the money" Remember how new allegations came out about video taping by Bill B since his first year as head coach of the Pats...

Dino 6 Rings
02-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Remember how the Patriots have 4 hall of fame players in their history...remember how small their "wing" is in Canton when compared to the Giants, or the Cowboys, or the team known as the Greatest Dynasty Ever?

The Patriot
02-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Smug...like how smug Brady was when he was told Plaxico said the Pats would only score 17 points...and he said something about scoring 40...only to score 14? Smug Like that... He must of thought plaxico was still with the Steelers.

And if you're to attempt to burn me, please start with the game Bubby Brister had in the playoffs against Denver when Merril Hoge played the game of his life but we lost because Bubby fumbled a snap from center and Denver was able to drive the field and score the winning TD. I mean, if you're going to burn...do it right. :thumbsup:

Remember when the Patriots didn't put the franchise tag on the #1 receiver in football and he left "for the money" Remember how new allegations came out about video taping by Bill B since his first year as head coach of the Pats...

Wait, are you talking about Branch? Where is he now, buried on some lousy Seahawks team? I hope he's thrilled he took that contract but he has the rest of his NFL career to think about it. No matter, Brady makes recievers. He drove Caldwell and Gaffney all the way to the AFC Championship without his top reciever. While Roethlisberger drove his motorcycle head first into a car without his helmet or license.

As for Belichick, well can't argue much about that... but the Steelers/Jets game :toofunny:

The Patriot
02-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Remember how the Patriots have 4 hall of fame players in their history...remember how small their "wing" is in Canton when compared to the Giants, or the Cowboys, or the team known as the Greatest Dynasty Ever?
I know we have 4 now! They finally admitted Tippett. Pretty sweet. But the number doesn't bother me. Grogan will always be in my HOF. I don't care if he sucked.

Dino 6 Rings
02-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Steelers Jets game, not as funny as the Patriots Giants Game a couple weeks ago. That was roll on the floor funny wasn't it?

Pretty sure the Pats havent won without Branch have they. I was referring to Moss, since he most likely will be "going for the money" cause going to the Patriots didn't get him the Ring he wants.

Grogan...is that the name of a mythical creature in Ancient Rome or something...

Dino 6 Rings
02-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Remember that time Desmond Howard became the only person to be a Heisman Winner and Superbowl MVP?

How did 1990 go for you guys anyway?

Dino 6 Rings
02-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Remember that time that your HOF player Nick Buoniconti actually got into the HOF because of his play at Miami and not New England, but he's claimed as one of your HOF players?

rbryan
02-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Remember that time that your HOF player Nick Buoniconti actually got into the HOF because of his play at Miami and not New England, but he's claimed as one of your HOF players?

I didn't know that. Why didn't he go in as a Dolphin??

Dino 6 Rings
02-22-2008, 10:11 AM
He did go in as a dolphin, but players who "split" time with teams, get their names put in under both teams.

Dino 6 Rings
02-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Example, Len Dawson is a HOF player, but he shows under the Steelers as well as the Chefs because he did put in a couple years on our team.

We have 17 Hall of Famers, including our coaches and 5 "split" players listed under us. Our total would be 22.

22 - 4...

Plus Dawson will get in, Bettis will get in, Dick L will get it as a coach and Rod Woodsen will probably be listed as a Steeler first when he gets in. Not to mention I bet Cowher gets in some day.

Dino 6 Rings
02-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Also when Curtis Martin gets in, cause he will, he'll be split as a Jet and Patriot.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-23-2008, 06:03 AM

:tap:...Let me make sure I got this right....you are attempting to slam us, based on a playoff game that we were predicted to lose...but won? ..........Alrighty then.

(psssssss....come closer.....I'm gonna try and help you out. IF you insist on trying to smack talk...you may want to get your facts straight...it was a missed 46-yard field goal by the Colts' Mike Vanderjagt with 17 seconds left on the clock, that "came through" for us in the end)

Dino 6 Rings
02-28-2008, 08:27 AM
:tap:...Let me make sure I got this right....you are attempting to slam us, based on a playoff game that we were predicted to lose...but won? ..........Alrighty then.

(psssssss....come closer.....I'm gonna try and help you out. IF you insist on trying to smack talk...you may want to get your facts straight...it was a missed 46-yard field goal by the Colts' Mike Vanderjagt with 17 seconds left on the clock, that "came through" for us in the end)

don't forget McFadden's great play on 2nd down to break up that pass in the Endzone, and then he makes a play on 3rd as well to force the Colts to try the long kick.