PDA

View Full Version : Americas Game

Stlrs4Life
02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Watched Americas Game last night. It was about the '75 Steelers. After watching it. I firmly believe, that they would tear the present Steelers a new one IMO.

BlastFurnace
02-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Watched Americas Game last night. It was about the '75 Steelers. After watching it. I firmly believe, that they would tear the present Steelers a new one IMO.

So much would depend on the rules of the game that you are following.

As far as team chemistry, toughness and the depth of players on the field...and all things nutritionally and physical training being equal...I believe the 70's team wins as well.

Dylan
02-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Without a doubt the 75 steelers are too good for anyone to beat. the present day steelers have the advantage of trick plays though, that could catch them off guard. but they would never beat them

Galax Steeler
02-20-2008, 05:12 AM
I watched it also that is when football was really played the horse collar tackel on swan I can't belive the guy is still alive.

CanadianSteel
02-21-2008, 01:04 PM
I watched it also that is when football was really played the horse collar tackel on swan I can't belive the guy is still alive.

Yep I have said in anothre thread before, that watching what the receivers back then had to fight through and deal with gives you a great appreciation of their skill and specially toughness.

Not sure many receivers today could handle that on a regular basis
(except Hines) :smile:

stlrtruck
02-22-2008, 09:05 AM

I think that holds true for 100% of the teams today. The teams of the 70's had grit, determination, and demeanor about them that said, "Get out of my way or I'm going to run you over!"

Atlanta Dan
02-22-2008, 06:29 PM

Or the shot where Cliff Branch crossed the middle in the AFC championship and Lambert took his helmet off :sofunny:

Jeremy
02-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Different era....different game.

I don't think the players in the 70s were as talented as what we see today. But they were tougher and they were closer as teams.